Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) (75254 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Ddokie: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
How do you justify that he's without flock? Does the gathering of sheep must always be in the Church

The gathering of sheep isn't restricted to Church.

In Pastoral faming, the Shepherd move with his flock from a place to place

Okay o. You win.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Masterito(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol employment, since it is a business, then government should start taxing them well.
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

Or better still they can float their own church...

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Vision101(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
@Kobojunkiee

]If this is all about God, why measure this church growth you speak of? undecided

Did God say "church growth" is of importance? Did God assign anyone "kingdom advancement" tasks, assuming here you are referring to God's Kingdom of not Man's kingdom? undecided

What is oyedepo's labour in this? the growing of His kingdom/business here on earth or some assignment that God assigned him in secret? :-

@me
Smart man!!! Jesus sat in one place and he did not spread the gospel winning souls - Acts10:38.

Paul, Peter and the rest of the early apostles sat in one place without winning souls.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit upon you is for you not to expand Acts 1:8. If you think that being a pastor is for lazy people and drop outs to come and hide, try and be one.

Funny people everywhere.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by capnies: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So you don't believe what Jesus Christ said then in John 3 vs 16 -21 & John 3 vs 36 & john 6 vs 43 - 47 and also john 10? undecided

It's either you believe Him, or you don't. Which one is it?

I SAID BELIEVING ALONE CANNOT GUARANTEE ETERNAL LIFE. YOU MUST WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION TO MERIT ETERNAL LIFE
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Vision101(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
@Kobojunkiee
It is not? shocked

Do we not recieve it from Jesus Christ at the point of Salvation from Death? undecided

What other gift does Jesus Christ hand out when He redeems a one from Death? :-

@me
Keep twisting. What Jesus did on the cross was to show everyone the way to salvation. It's not the end of salvation. Every man must work out his own salvation.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by justmondris: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Does church growth index mean offering and tithe generation? Warey people
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
Vision101:

@me
Smart man!!! Jesus sat in one place and he did not spread the gospel winning souls - Acts10:38.

Paul, Peter and the rest of the early apostles sat in one place without winning souls.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit upon you is for you not to expand Acts 1:8. If you think that being a pastor is for lazy people and drop outs to come and hide, try and be one.

Funny people everywhere.
So after reading through the Gospels where you are told that even Jesus Christ discouraged many from following Him, that His mission on earth was "soul winning"? undecided

Jesus Christ fed thousands, healed hundreds, but at the time of His death, He had only a couple dozen followers and you think His mission on earth was "soul winning"? undecided

Jesus Christ sent even told His disciples that only a few people will be chosen even though many will be called to hear the Gospel , yet you are convinced that the mission is "soul winning"? undecided

Jesus Christ even declared that He alone will build His own Church implying that the administration and growth thereof is in His hands alone and you think He sent you out for "soul winning"? undecided

Way too many of you are drunk on the lies you have been fed by your Pastors and Mogs who lie and use you regularly to grow their earthly kingdoms in the name of God. undecided

You actually think yourself smart believing Jesus Christ, who only offered the gospel to a few, discouraged many and also stated clearly that not all will 3enter into His Heaven sent you out on a "soul winning" mission. undecided
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
Vision101:
@
@me
Keep twisting. What Jesus did on the cross was to show everyone the way to salvation. It's not the end of salvation. Every man must work out his own salvation.
All I have done there is ask simple direct questions but you instead lie that I twist the Bible? Are you certain that you are in your right mind at all? undecided

If you don't understand the question,ask .
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by ayuataiwo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Anyone interested in opay POS machine available here in Lagos still brand new not used at all. Going for 35k 08133560183. I'd deliver to you anywhere in Lagos...
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
justmondris:
Does church growth index mean offering and tithe generation? Warey people
If you do not understand what growth or growth index means, at least make Google your friend in this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Growth
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by dchamp234(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
He's still a pastor. He was sacked has "pastor in charge"
He's still a pastor in which church? Maybe you're one of them. Please read the letter again. And tell me what it says. when you hand over over everything in your care to the area pastor and we wish you well in your future endeavors.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
capnies:

I SAID BELIEVING ALONE CANNOT GUARANTEE ETERNAL LIFE. YOU MUST WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION TO MERIT ETERNAL LIFE
According to Jesus Christ, believing is what you need to have eternal life. You already merit eternal life by believing in Jesus Christ - that is what that command demands you do. undecided

So again, you don't believe what Jesus Christ said then in John 3 vs 16 -21 & John 3 vs 36 & john 6 vs 43 - 47 and also john 10? undecided

It's either you believe Him, or you don't. Which one is it?
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
coputa:
Church growth and winning of souls are the same,the church is the people,christains serving God,so if the church Is dying it therefore means that the people are no longer worshipping God,so therefore, the head of that ministry need an overhaul.thats what Bishop oyedepo did as a general overseer.
Jesus Christ said He will build His own Church, your churches are instead built by the hands of your pastors and their Mogs. So do not confuse two different things here. undecided

The mission Jesus Christ gave to those who belong in His Church is that they go out and preach His Gospel to all. "Soul winning" is instead the mission your pastors gives you in their churches..it has nothing to do with what God called us to do since we have no power given to us to win souls let alone save anyone. undecided

This case with this church and its former Pastors is simply about world business and nothing else. undecided
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
Chibuking1402:

Read your Bible in book of Matthew where Jesus use the parable of a Master that gave his 3 servant talents. Read the account of what happened to the one that refused to grow and nuture his own rather he hid it and when the master returned, he was stripped of the talent and cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and suffering..
Yes....the church is right...Growth is Paramount, if a pastor fail to increase his talent he should be sacked...it's biblical
The parable of the 10 talents has absolutely nothing to do with what you describe. Jesus Christ even explained how that parable applies 2when He insisted that those who use the understanding they have been given will recieve more understanding but those who do not use the understanding they have will have even that which they have taken from them by God. undecided

Twisting scriptural texts in order to justify worldly dealings is unbecoming for one who believes himself to be of God, don't you think? undecided

If you do not understand church growth, I suggest you make Google your friend..it is an aspect of running of even a church business in this world https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Growth
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Hayfield26: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
That last part shaaaa!

"May you find..."

Does that mean hopefully if God recalls the pastor-in-charge?

blamingthedevil:

Don't close your eyes:

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

“May you find grace for a new beginning. Peace.”
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
omonighoblessing:
receive sence and brain in Jesus name.
Nah! Jesus Christ already told you even easier way to that via the parable of the 10 talents. He said if you use even the little sense you have right now in understanding Him, more understanding will be given you. But if you refuse, even the little understanding you previously had will be taken away from you. undecided

That is probably why many of you are blind now to the truth that has been before the world for 2000 years now. undecided
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Oshokalo: 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again
so he don become marketing stuff with target given to them
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
pafra:

You are missing it.

The primary reason for church exist is to win souls then equipped the soul won to win souls. Jesus said church growth is important. "Any branch that does not bear fruit is cut away"

You lack understanding of the bible.

What is" God assignment" his assignment is soul winning.
God never asked anyone to "win souls". Read and understand that book using the understanding that God has given you so you can receive more from Him as a result- Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 undecided
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by karnap(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.
grin grin grin
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by karnap(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.
you have a great thoughts grin grin grin we can be friend you know
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by smartNerd: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” —
Will Rogers
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Jacksparrow7(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Read earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6655958/bishop-oyedepo-sacks-40-pastors#103813771

Picture of Sacked Letter of Pastor in Winners Chapel for not generating enough Income

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

“May you find grace for a new beginning. Peace.”
How did the letter reach your hands
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
stagger:

You are talking nonsense.

I know it's strange and different from what your gods taught you. Your reaction is not strange though. It's in line with how your gods brought you up in "Christianity" (I know a specimen of brainwashing when I see one).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
otipoju:

Maximum respect to you. You sabi.

All respect to God. He's the only All Knowing One.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Olaolufred(m): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

When I was going to that Church, My holy living as a born again Christian from Baptist drained to almost zero.

To a "winner", Idiots, Stupid, cursing people everywhere (as Bishops thought) is normal. It is part of winner's form of holiness.

I thank God I left to seek the kingdom of God instead of dominating the earth.

Truly, Narrow is the way.

However, despite the prosperity morning, afternoon and evening, the richest Men in Nigeria are Muslims and Catholics by faith.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
ogascomax:

What are you talking self. Do you know the meaning of soul winning. Sometimes I wonder where some of you guys are coming from or who you are listening to. The spirit of God can bring the conviction in their heart but the one that wins them are the persons who do the preaching. Prov 11:30, Read Dan 12:3, read 2 Cor 5:18&19.
Before you are talking what you don't know.

You have only one new testament passage which is 2 Cor 5:18 and 19:

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

So, according to that great knowledge (that you say you have), if God has given you the ministry of healing, then you are the one doing the healing, right? At least that your interpretation of that passage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Egabs(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

Or better still they can float their own church...

Sir can u tell us the meaning of growth index plssssssss . As a people we are a joke in this part of the world when it comes to support or bcus am a member of this church we are not a serious people
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Feed the won souls with bread or the word of God?

Neither. You feed them with Spaghetti and pounded yam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by omonighoblessing(f): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Nah! Jesus Christ already told you even easier way to that via the parable of the 10 talents. He said if you use even the little sense you have right now in understanding Him, more understanding will be given you. But if you refuse, even the little understanding you previously had will be taken away from you. undecided

That is probably why many of you are blind now to the truth that has been before the world for 2000 years now. undecided
it is well with u
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by EmyGod(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
Church is for winning soul but you can't sack a soul while hurting for another that you have not find.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by lastchild: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
if there was no such thing as "sack" in churches, then the pastors would go there and sleep their destinies away
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Olaolufred(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
lastchild:
if there was no such thing as "sack" in churches, then the pastors would go there and sleep their destinies away

You are right as a CEO, Even Zenith, GTB and others does same.

Even every private organizations does same.

Hence, Living Faith Church isn't in anyway different from them.

I agree with you that an investor wouldn't want his investment to die.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati / CAN Reacts To COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.