Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) (57151 Views)

Eyinna Anumudu And Joyce Jacob White Wedding Pictures / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers / Adorable Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twins And Their Lovely Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Sterope:
But your traditional wedding doesn't preclude from having sex before marriage though grin
The same way those going for church weddings are already NINE MONTHS pregnant..
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ishilove:

This is brutal

Them say na bragging kwa. I done commot for attention seeking, enter bragging. cheesy
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
This is half truth. From all indications she's pregnant and i strongly believe that her pregnancy is the major reason they didn't collect bride price as most cultures don't permit that.

2 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Akuruoulo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Onyi22:
grin cheesy Free wife
Hahaha onyi easy please
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Akuruoulo(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
Liballo:
The Future Is Female.

Meanwhile,

Receive sense please.
Us there any indication of female supremacy ?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Akuruoulo(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
Liballo:
The Future Is Female.

Meanwhile,

Receive sense please.
Is there any indication of female supremacy ?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Akuruoulo(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
@pocohantas thank for the respond... I actually get your point. ... But to be a proud feminist has many disadvantages.
It's a self deceiving as u called it
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by elonmuskbaby: 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
donbenie:
Payment of the bride price is SYMBOLIC..
It is what LITERALLY signifies the commencement of marriage..
Most fathers and Ụmụnna would rather accept the bride price and then RETURN it to the Groom's family..
To signify that they are not selling their daughters..
I am yet to hear of one where the bride price is not paid at all..
It connotes that no marriage happened in the first instance..
but are pictures and presence of well wishers not enough to signify marriage happened as in the case of nkechi or could it mean she's lying about her bride price not being paid while still claiming that she did an Igbo traditional wedding?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
but are pictures and presence of well wishers not enough to signify marriage happened as in the case of nkechi or could it mean she's lying about her bride price not being paid while still claiming that she did an Igbo traditional wedding?
Pictures and presence of well wishers are not enough..
The bride price is a ceremony on its own..
Without it,she or her people can claim the man never married her,in the future..
It doesn't even have to be done on the same day as the other ceremonies..
And her presence is not required..
So it's possible she didn't even know what exactly transpired..
Her people could have simply collected the money and then returned it back immediately to their in laws..
That is what usually transpires..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by CoolJulian: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
How do we know she's not lying?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by billyG(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
This kind free marriage just remind me of one old rejected bread for shelf wey d seller say make i take for free.....I hope she will not kneel down for doggie. grin grin grin
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Rimsd(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Everything about her is truly free, even her "Milk Factory" is free for everybody undecided

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Sanctecosma(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
I hope she paid the groom price, considering she's a feminist.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Sterope(f): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
Do you know what eventually happened to Caesar? grin. Caesar had plenty knives though him right in the senate house floor exactly because of that. grin

donbenie:
Yes..
In the church..
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar..
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Sterope(f): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
Your tradition has no place for pre marital sex yet you don't scream tradition when people engage in fornication. Your tradition has no place for Christianity yet you combine both. I am not sure but I don't think Christianity supports bride price.

donbenie:
The same way those going for church weddings are already NINE MONTHS pregnant..
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by BePrepared: 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
faceland:
That man has married problem. He better lean how to drink.

How can you marry a feminist with public image to maintain?

Public image no be small o

I wonder how their home will be

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by benicta(f): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
Honestly, I really don't understand why some ladies confuse this whole idea of feminism.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by elonmuskbaby: 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
donbenie:
Pictures and presence of well wishers are not enough..
The bride price is a ceremony on its own..
Without it,she or her people can claim the man never married her,in the future..
It doesn't even have to be done on the same day as the other ceremonies..
And her presence is not required..
So it's possible she didn't even know what exactly transpired..
Her people could have simply collected the money and then returned it back immediately to their in laws..
That is what usually transpires..
hmnnn

Thanks for the clear analysis
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Sterope(f): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
Racist, powerful and rich white men said worse about black slaves. tongue

First thing you learnt in social studies was that culture is dynamic. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss her.

AmuRubber:

An age-old tradition should be altered just to please Nkechi Bianze?
I don't understand how this thing works where you come from; but if Nkechi was from my town, unless a bride price was paid, that woman isn't married. Tradition won't be modified in order to massage her ego driven by bitter feminism.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by lastempero: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Like, she convinced all those patriarchal, uneducated village uncles to abandon tradition and not accept bride price?

If no bride price was paid then she is not married. She is just cohabiting with the man.

Ndigbo will not modify tradition because of some woman who looks like she swallowed a bag of dirty clothes.

Na the man i dey mercy for na hire purchase things.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
Sterope:
Your tradition has no place for pre marital sex yet you don't scream tradition when people engage in fornication. Your tradition has no place for Christianity yet you combine both. I am not sure but I don't think Christianity supports bride price.

What does Fornicating have to do with traditional marriage that you should equate the two?

What does Christianity have to do with traditional marriage?

Are you one of those holier than thou born agains..

Who think everything traditional is evil?

There are those who are not Christians..

Must they marry according to Christianity?

And there are MANY Christians who are married traditionally,without any church wedding..

Who exactly cares what Christianity supports?

I for one don't give a flying f@ck grin
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
Sterope:
Do you know what eventually happened to Caesar? grin. Caesar had plenty knives though him right in the senate house floor exactly because of that. grin

Your Christ..
The one you have been on about what Christianity supports and doesn't support..
Said give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God..
And for your information..
Caesar is an INSTITUTION and not one person..
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by gafaardy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
Who buys evening paper?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
donbenie:

What exactly is your point?
You don't want bride price because of excessive costs and now you are talking about groom price?
You better stay one place and stop jumping all over the place..
scrap bribe price even if na one Naira
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Nature8(m): 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
Liballo:
The Future Is Female.
Meanwhile,
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Amadi84: 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nkechi, you never marry.
Una just had family get together.
The man you called your husband is just free to enjoy free kpekus unhindered.

Until you meet Mbaise women proper and his Umunna, you wont understand your folly.

2 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by JustforMen: 7:36am On Jul 20, 2021
I hate dirty looking black breasts... cover that ugly shit up. it belongs to your simp.

you no kneel down collect drink but YOU GO KNEEL DOWN COLLECT DOGGY, abi?

na still worwor sheppo dey brag like this ooo
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by JustforMen: 7:41am On Jul 20, 2021
Rimsd:
Everything about her is truly free, even her "Milk Factory" is free for everybody undecided

free and ugly!
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
scrap bribe price even if na one Naira
Nobody is forcing you to do traditional marriage..
Since you don't like the process..
Stick with your Church weddings..
With THAT..
All your problems are solved.. undecided
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2021
donbenie:

Nobody is forcing you to do traditional marriage..
Since you don't like the process..
Stick with your Church weddings..
With THAT..
All your problems are solved.. undecided
traditional marriage is as important as church marriage.... Even though Church marriage is ceremonial... Bride price make women look like a commodity...
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
traditional marriage is as important as church marriage.... Even though Church marriage is ceremonial... Bride price make women look like a commodity...
Traditional marriage is not a must..
Go have a Court marriage and be done with it..
Nobody will query you..
And Church marriage is not ceremonial..
You get issued with a marriage certificate..
Which is even more legally binding..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pretty Lawyer Finally Marries Her Soldier Heartthrob After Years Of Dating. PICS / Photo Of An MC Dancing With A School Pupil At Event Sparks Outrage / Man Marries 2 Wives In Delta Same Time, Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.