Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) (57158 Views)

Eyinna Anumudu And Joyce Jacob White Wedding Pictures / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers / Adorable Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twins And Their Lovely Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by AmuRubber(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Cousin9999:
I respect what she's doing, but I think instead of abandoning certain practices, we should change the meaning or method. For example, they can both kneel. The bride "price" could also have a different name and become some other gift (maybe a party) that shows appreciation for her parents and how deeply he loves her. It could even be him doing something intensely physical like, idk, climbing a mountain or walking on fire. lol Get creative.

An age-old tradition should be altered just to please Nkechi Bianze?
I don't understand how this thing works where you come from; but if Nkechi was from my town, unless a bride price was paid, that woman isn't married. Tradition won't be modified in order to massage her ego driven by bitter feminism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by skondo09(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

There is no many disadvantages I know of as a proud feminist, NAIRALAND standard cheesy.

I also do not know her, so I do not know what views she promotes. I can only see a young lady trying too hard to show she is still a feminist. Which would even be the greatest undoing of her marriage.

She should go and enjoy her man. If he is a kind man, contrary to popular opinion that you would become a slave at home while misleading people, the truth is, you wouldn’t even need to be a feminist with him. Not because you have been subdued, but because he would treat you like a part of him.

So the whole idea of feminists is in order not to be subdued?...so women submission to her husband now has become being subdued...

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

I honestly do not understand why you are barking. If there is anything she has done, she has walked the talk, but you are still not satisfied. You have somehow made it about her age, which shows your problem is just to cause ruckus at every given time.

First, I hope we (including her) all know the difference between the BRIDE PRICE and MARRIAGE LIST. Two different things.

To the topic, BRIDE PRICE and marriage list is not about her, it is about the Umunna. The last time I checked, the BRIDE PRICE is not given to the bride, but to her father. The content of the list is also not given to her, but to the Umunna, Umuada and youths.

Even the bible says, give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar. A core Igbo man would be very restless if he doesn’t pay bride price, because he knows what is waiting for him in the front. Who even gave her drink to give him when BRIDE PRICE hasn’t been paid?

I do hope she had a unanimous agreement with her people on this. She won’t be the first woman to marry without her BRIDE PRICE being paid. However, they all pay it at some point, maybe when she dies.

I have seen women being treated badly and they said it is because they shamefully followed a man who didn't pay their BRIDE PRICE. I have also seen the ones treated badly and they still say it is because he BOUGHT them. Bride price where I come from is N10 and it is SYMBOLIC, not an EXTORTION, not SELLING THE LADY. The presence or absence if it is also not a guarantee he would treat you fairly. That one is dependent on the man and his ideologies.

Thank you
who ask you all this shalaye �
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Orc13: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
She didn't kneel down to offer her husband the palm wine? No worry, she go kneel softly in za oza room without much ado grin
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by elonmuskbaby: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
donbenie:
The Ụmụnna is her immediate kindred..
In Igbo marriage rites,the marriage is between the man and the woman's kindred..
There is an extent to which she and her immediate family can be able to influence the Town's marriage customs..
Paying of the Bride Price is the symbolic act of MARRIAGE PROPER,every other rites are add ons..
So it's inconceivable that her bride price was not paid..
so is it possible for a traditional marriage to hold and the Umunna will accept the fact that bride price will not be exchanged at the same time accept that the bride has been handed over to the groom to be his wife?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by BrainSanitizer: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
Wake me up when she announces that she can finally pee straight.
Until then, I am a masculinist.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Sterope(f): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
That symbolic meaning is actually the problem
pocohantas:

I honestly do not understand why you are barking. If there is anything she has done, she has walked the talk, but you are still not satisfied. You have somehow made it about her age, which shows your problem is just to cause ruckus at every given time.

First, I hope we (including her) all know the difference between the BRIDE PRICE and MARRIAGE LIST. Two different things.

To the topic, BRIDE PRICE and marriage list is not about her, it is about the Umunna. The last time I checked, the BRIDE PRICE is not given to the bride, but to her father. The content of the list is also not given to her, but to the Umunna, Umuada and youths.

Even the bible says, give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar. A core Igbo man would be very restless if he doesn’t pay bride price, because he knows what is waiting for him in the front. Who even gave her drink to give him when BRIDE PRICE hasn’t been paid?

I do hope she had a unanimous agreement with her people on this. She won’t be the first woman to marry without her BRIDE PRICE being paid. However, they all pay it at some point, maybe when she dies.

I have seen women being treated badly and they said it is because they shamefully followed a man who didn't pay their BRIDE PRICE. I have also seen the ones treated badly and they still say it is because he BOUGHT them. Bride price where I come from is N10 and it is SYMBOLIC, not an EXTORTION, not SELLING THE LADY. The presence or absence if it is also not a guarantee he would treat you fairly. That one is dependent on the man and his ideologies.

Thank you
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Havertz10: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
cheesy

men consider the entire expenses as bribe price, not only the actual bride price
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
skondo09:
So the whole idea of feminists is in order not to be subdued?...so women submission to her husband now has become being subdued...

I am not responsible for your understanding.

Sterope:
That symbolic meaning is actually the problem

To some…yes. cheesy
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by emonis88: 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

If you ask the right questions, you would be educated. If you decide to throw tantrums, you would be left to wallow in your ignorance.

It is really that straightforward.
Ok o! But I il wait till u r married , then with experience in marriage we go hear u again. U know d taste of d pudding is on d eating. Abi ?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Sterope(f): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
It would be inconceivable to your forefathers what this world has become. Why should it be inconceivable that a woman can have a proper marriage without bride price? undecided
donbenie:
In Igbo marriage rites,the marriage is between the man and the woman's kindred..
There is an extent to which she and her immediate family can be able to influence the Town's marriage customs..
Paying of the Bride Price is the symbolic act of MARRIAGE PROPER,every other rites are add ons..
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by emperorshaokahn(m): 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Thank you
ma i want to ask you this question,why are most feminist(80% of them) always very ugly?.is being ugly one of the requirement of being accepted as a feminist?.and lastly i hope you are not as ugly as this nkechi lady here?.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by TrueNigerian300: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Ndigbo will not modify tradition because of some woman who looks like she swallowed a bag of dirty clothes.

Lol...Kai you must be a very wicked man.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Obdk: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
ebukajay184:
"No Bride Price Was Paid" - Social Media Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Gets Married (Photos)

Popular Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze recently had her traditional wedding in her hometown to seal her union with her lover, IgbereTV reports.

As a proud feminist, Nkechi said her bride price wasn't paid and that she didn't kneel down to give her husband drink.

Sharing the photos of her marriage on Facebook, she wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/746102194/posts/10160529650552195/?app=fbl

How do you follow traditional marriage rite yet claim no bride price was paid... I trust my Igbo people will walk out on her if she try anything funny

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
emperorshaokahn:
ma i want to ask you this question,why are most feminist(80% of them) always very ugly?.is being ugly one of the requirement of being accepted as a feminist?.and lastly i hope you are not as ugly as this nkechi lady here?.

I can’t answer this question, except of course you want to assure me that 80% of your non-feminist girlfriends are beauty queens.

My look is irrelevant, I am not fixated on it.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by emonis88: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
donbenie:
B educated, all other rights r not just add-ons o!! The umunna price list can change, if d father and mother let go of somethings that r supposed to be their right , but u see d umunna own , e go complete o! D father can tell his inlaw to give him 10 naira for Bride price to show his in-laws dat his is not selling his daughter. It is symbolically dat he has paid d bride price, it is solely d perogative of the Father. It comes last after d umunna ve bn settled. After all u can't enter a man's compound jumping d fence , enter through the gate. Na thief dey jump fence.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Verysmart101: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
As far as am concerned,so long as her bride price wasn't paid,she is a babymama a.k.a concubine.Before God and man ur not married at all.

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Obdk: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
please what is Umunna and what is their function in the life of the bride and her family? What do they do in the Igbo wedding

Please enlighten me.sorry I'm not Igbo that's why I'm asking

Umunna is her extended family, the family system is strong in Igbo land... They settle disputes, like marriage inheritance stuffs like that... They also contribute towards the wedding other family functions..

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by emperorshaokahn(m): 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

I can’t answer this question, except of course you want to assure me that 80% of your non-feminist girlfriends are beauty queens.

they may not exactly be beauty queens,but they certainly are not as ugly as the feminist ones,i just had to ask this question,i have not seen a beautiful feminist.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by PlayMaker14: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Madam, give it a rest...

The way you carry the issue on your head, going about telling everyone you have a Rich Man and giving percentage of how much you support your gender will only make people see you as a notorious online talkative.

You have made your points in the first page and it would be okay for you to rest.

4 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by SlayerForever: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Trust me, you should spend more time worrying over your own woman. wink

Yes women are a handful generally. But for a start she doesn't have this "woke" inclinations you and a few others do. So we're off to a good start.

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Madam, give it a rest...

The way you carry the issue on your head, going about telling everyone you have a Rich Man and giving percentage of how much you support your gender will only make people see you as a notorious online talkative.

You have made your points in the first page and it would be okay for you to rest.

You (people) should do the resting. I gave my points on the first page and I have mentions which I choose to reply, same way I see you replying yours on various threads.

I think you have issues you are yet to come in terms with. The leading one being hypocrisy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
SlayerForever:

Yes women are a handful generally. But for a start she doesn't have this "woke" inclinations you and a few others do. So we're off to a good start.

You should have thought of that before being agitated over the woke inclinations of women that are not YOUR WOMAN. If you guys are good and these women and their men are also good, why stress yourself, dearest Slayer?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by winner37(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
The future is very clear that one day this marriage will split into pieces.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Ozoben: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
When you appear irresponsibly dressed during the course of marriage as one who lacks matured sense in decency even as you appear largely grown,I don't see how responsible decisions and actions,that guarantees enduring union can proceed from you! SHAME IN CONGRATULATION!-We cannot say because marriage is a good thing not condem the evil done within it's parameters
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by SlayerForever: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

You should have thought of that before being agitated over the woke inclinations of women that are not YOUR WOMAN. If you guys are good and these women and their men are also good, why stress yourself, dearest Slayer?

There is something usually said about the wrong things thriving because people turn away and keep mute. Why should we turn away from ideals exposed to our daughters that are built solidly on man-hating because the man in the toxic feminist's life is okay with it?

That's wrong any day.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by PlayMaker14: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

You (people) should do the resting. I gave my points on the first page and I have mentions which I choose to reply, same way I see you replying yours on various threads.

I think you have issues you are yet to come in terms with. The leading one being hypocrisy.
Talking about issues, I think you're having a tough time wrestling with yours... The inferiority complex eating deep into you like a cankerworm is the reason why you go about making irrelevant announcement about your Imaginary Rich Man.

I don't have any issues with you madam, just saying you should give it a rest with the online bragging.

Many thanks for seeing my replies in various threads, you'll see more.

6 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
SlayerForever:

There is something usually said about the wrong things thriving because people turn away and keep mute. Why should we turn away from ideals exposed to our daughters that are built solidly on man-hating because the man in the toxic feminist's life is okay with it?

That's wrong any day.

Toxicity is subjective. I have seen men almost have cardiac arrest because a woman said she can’t cook. They will call her a feminist, but in reality, men are happily marrying women who can’t cook. Once again, focus on your wonderful woman. Treat her right. Don’t cheat on her. Give her the world. Rub it in the faces of these evil toxic feminists…

Maybe, just maybe, they would see the dividends of being a woman like your woman and being with men like you. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Talking about issues, I think you're having a tough time wrestling with yours... The inferiority complex eating deep into you like a cankerworm is the reason why you go about making irrelevant announcement about your Imaginary Rich Man.

I don't have any issues with you madam, just saying you should give it a rest with the online bragging.

Many thanks for seeing my replies in various threads, you'll see more.

Alright dear. Do enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by PlayMaker14: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Alright dear. Do enjoy the rest of your day.
Same here, have a lovely Monday.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by igosee: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
The bride's price is paid to the bride's parents, while the bride's rites are for her Kindred or the umunna, the village people.

if she says no dowry was paid, maybe she is right if only her father says that they do not need the dowry but the umunna marriage rites must be fulfilled otherwise there is no wedding that took place

Like in my cousin's own, her husband was billed 100,000 naira for the father and 50,000 naira for the mother in the presence of the parents of the bride and Umunna, the husband brought 150,000 naira, but the father of my cousin only took a 100 naira note from whole money and I returned the rest of the money to the groom and told him I just want you to take good care of my daughter, I don't need the bride price
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Cousin9999: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
AmuRubber:

An age-old tradition should be altered just to please Nkechi Bianze?
I don't understand how this thing works where you come from; but if Nkechi was from my town, unless a bride price was paid, that woman isn't married. Tradition won't be modified in order to massage her ego driven by bitter feminism.

Who hurt you? lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pretty Lawyer Finally Marries Her Soldier Heartthrob After Years Of Dating. PICS / Photo Of An MC Dancing With A School Pupil At Event Sparks Outrage / Man Marries 2 Wives In Delta Same Time, Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.