Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth (71568 Views)

Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide) / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence / 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by mumu9gerian: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
HigherEd:

To answer you, the living faith church is in 71 nations of the earth.
Many of them poor countries, e.g living faith has strong presence in Congo.
Also, not all nations are open to a ministry. The living faith once closed her branches in Japan. Once they realized the error of being in Japan without a divine mandate, they closed the church and advised members there to find another church to attend.

Oh, so they made an error, that's quite interesting to know

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tifunloran:

You are wrong on this.
From what I knew,Since the Corona Era started Jehovah Witnesses don't meet in their kingdom hall as usual. ( REASONS BEST INOW TO THEM)
Now tell me, if donating online is not advice, how did you want them to finance their printing of publications etc.
Donate to JW online https://donate.jw.org/ui/E/donate-home.html
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by WarriAproko: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
lomprico:
so, people whey dey attend rccg, deeper life, ecwa, etc will all go to different heaven ? or they are not Christians too?
thanks for this. Sometimes i wonder if all churches have different god. The way they make mockery of eachother is too much
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nauttyprof(m): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You told me that context is key so I don't dwell on certain verses but instead the message provided in context. undecided

I dont believe in interpreting scripture since it is written in human language to be comprehended as one would any other text written in human language by human authors.

I have read the chapter and nothing of the chapter speaks to me about "testifying". From the much I know, we testify because it is one of the commandments given us by Jesus Christ to go out as "witnesses" preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to anyone who will hear it . So, I ask again, what part of John 15 speaks to you of "testifying"? undecided

What is the fruit you believe Jesus Christ speaks of in that context. undecided

It shows that you didn't read the chapter. If you had read as a whole, you will see the essence of bearing fruit and all Christ was trying to explain there.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Sharz: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
BISHOP IS NOT NECESSARY TO EXPLAIN, WE OWE NOBODY EXPLANATIONS, LET THE MOUTHS THAT ENJOY TO CRITICIZED PEOPLE BETTER THAN THEM CONTINUE TO TALK, WE MOVE, CHURCH GROWTH MUST MOVE FORWARD, OPERATION BY ALL MEANS ACTIVATED, SOULS MUST BE SAVE

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nauttyprof:

It shows that you didn't read the chapter. If you had read as a whole, you will see the essence of bearing fruit and all Christ was trying to explain there.
Bearing what fruit? Your idea of fruits differ from that spoken of by Jesus Christ in that context. undecided

I see and understand what Jesus Christ is saying there in John 15, what I dont see is the connection you have severally attempted in making of that with your "witnessing". undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by lomprico(m): 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
Sharz:
BISHOP IS NOT NECESSARY TO EXPLAIN, WE OWE NOBODY EXPLANATIONS, LET THE MOUTHS THAT ENJOY TO CRITICIZED PEOPLE BETTER THAN THEM CONTINUE TO TALK, WE MOVE, CHURCH GROWTH MUST MOVE FORWARD, OPERATION BY ALL MEANS ACTIVATED, SOULS MUST BE SAVE

so only those that attend LFC are saved?

keep decieving yourself.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by WarriAproko: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
damosky12:

It's not hard to see that you are an enemy of the church. The commission of Jesus Christ to the church is to reach out to the whole world.

For your information, tens and tens of millions of people in Nigeria are yet unreached with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The job of any church is to reach these unreached with the gospel and get them born again!

You know that you aren't concerned about the sacked pastors. You are just bitter against the church. If the news had been that Winners hired pastors (and not sacked), you definitely wouldn't still have had something good to say.
blackman too mumu.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by WarriAproko: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Sharz:
this ona atitude make me just dislike Christians. Them dey feel more than the God wen create dem
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Oladipo1166(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
kingxsamz:

All men?
grin That's laughable because I can walk 10 minutes in Lagos and count 30 churches. grin
So who are the people your pastor is buiding 10 thousand churches for? The Christian doctrine says "everyone must spread the gospel", no matter the circumstances. So why aren't you guys going to Afghanistan, Pakistan Iraq, South Korea and Iran in numbers, trying to "win souls"? Abi those ones don't deserve to 'know God'?
Anyways, it still doesn't change the fact that church is a business.
There are Christians in Iran, Pakistan and Iraq but they are less than 2% you can google search next time before concluding.
Maybe you wanted to type north Korea rather
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
CodeTemplar:

The aim of churches expansion isnt for two or three to be gathered. All men are suppose to know God.

before we know God won't we meet in the church first? or better still, everyone will stay in his/her (their) home to know God if knowing God through the church is not a must.
you see i am not here to defend incompetent pastor but u can't rule out finances/money from this issue because the pastor is paid, so they too must gain.
if we are talking about winning souls for christ, so if we have massive crowd in the church does that mean their souls have been won for christs.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Angelmichael63: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
kingxsamz:

All men?
grin That's laughable because I can walk 10 minutes in Lagos and count 30 churches. grin
So who are the people your pastor is buiding 10 thousand churches for? The Christian doctrine says "everyone must spread the gospel", no matter the circumstances. So why aren't you guys going to Afghanistan, Pakistan Iraq, South Korea and Iran in numbers, trying to "win souls"? Abi those ones don't deserve to 'know God'?
Anyways, it still doesn't change the fact that church is a business.
if church is a business like u said, go and open your own na abi u no like lucrative business?
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yinkusgold:

before we know God won't we meet in the church first? or better still, everyone will stay in his/her (their) home to know God if knowing God through the church is not a must.
you see i am not here to defend incompetentent pastor but u can't rule out finances/money from this issue because the pastor is paid, so they too must gain.
if we are talking about winning souls for christ, so if we have massive crowd in the church does that mean their souls have been won for christs.
I didn't meet God in any church... I met Him outside of your churches and no man taught me of God , God taught me about Himself as He said in Jeremiah 31 vs 34 that He would. So please do not confuse the Word and work of God with that which goes on in your churches... it confuses a lot of you. undecided

Jesus Christ never asked His followers to win souls for Him..He instead commanded them to go preach the Gospel of His Kingdom, as He taught it to them, to the world. I know your Mogs feed you the idea that it is the same as your winning souls campaigns but it is completely different. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
Angelmichael63:
if church is a business like u said, go and open your own na abi u no like lucrative business?
And pitch oneself directly against God and His flock? undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by kingxsamz(m): 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Angelmichael63:

I don't like taking advantage of the gullible, promising them things that'll never be.
Anything that has to do with paying of cash to attain certain things is nothing but a transaction and a business. You can keep crying though, it doesn't change facts.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by iamdapsyj(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
remsonik:
This is a nice thing. I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. If you know you can't pastor a church don't take the job cos it's a call and you have to be really dedicated to it. It's not something you can do as side hustle or for play.

I tried to educate some people about what truly transpired in the sacking of those pastors but they were just talking nonsense in the first thread about this issue. They were basically absent in their duty post which affected their productivity. Only those that have the calling and passion for Christ can thrive.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Clergy20: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Money isn't the KPI but your mindset based on the trends in Nigeria, which made you see money as this.

Now, to correct your wrong notion. If you are the newly recruited sales manager of a company and you didn't bring in new customers. Rather, what the company had was just their existing customers transacting with them even when the money constantly comes in. Be the judge, will the company judge you by money or by the number of customers you have brought?

Now let's look at this spiritual body, souls are not won for Christ but the Pastor just enjoys his steady salary and accommodation. Should those in charge not do anything about this even after years of service in this church?

I have learnt first hand on church growth and the concerns of leaders. They are always concerned about the number of souls won with the Pastor of the newly established church also providing monthly report on evangelism and church programmes. They even go to the extent of sending support team to assist in the area of evangelism (I speak based on my denomination).

It is the recent and usual mindset in Nigeria that has made people to say all sorts to the church.

Please, also understand that the heart of a man can only be known by God. The said pastor did not in anyway say what he also have done wrong rather he gave a one sided report of how LFC is evil in sacking him.

But the pastor has told you the reason why he was sacked, instead of believing him, you rather want us to believe it's because he didn't win souls to the church. I don't understand how the example this man is giving explains what transpired with the person that was sacked. That you've an example of a pastor that abandoned his duty in the church to pursue other things, doesn't mean all pastors who are sacked committed the same offence. This man said he was dismissed because he didn't make enough revenue, that's his own reason, other pastors may have theirs. You can't paint all of them with the same brush.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Clergy20:

But the pastor has told you the reason why he was sacked, instead of believing him, you rather want us to believe it's because he didn't win souls to the church. I don't understand how the example this man is giving explains what transpired with the person that was sacked. That you've an example of a pastor that abandoned his duty in the church to pursue other things, doesn't mean all pastors who are sacked committed the same offence. This man said he was dismissed because he didn't make enough revenue, that's his own reason, other pastors may have theirs. You can't paint all of them with the same brush.
The Nigerian mentality is typically to throw the small man under the bus so their gods/Mogs may continue to live. undecided

What saddens me the most is many will go as far as finagling even scripture to make that happen undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
HigherEd:

To answer you, the living faith church is in 71 nations of the earth.
Many of them poor countries, e.g living faith has strong presence in Congo.
Also, not all nations are open to a ministry. The living faith once closed her branches in Japan. Once they realized the error of being in Japan without a divine mandate, they closed the church and advised members there to find another church to attend.

why would they open church in japan without divine mandate, hearing from God before u take a step? you see some countries policies don't favour indiscriminate establishment (every 5 minutes walk) of churches in the place of factories. china, korea, japan and those set of countries would not encourage that not only against christians even against muslims, they are doing exploits.
no matter how we say this, the church must also grow financially because they are paying their staff, so no one can tell me finances don't play a role in the church's decision.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yinkusgold:

why would they open church in japan without divine mandate,hearing from God before u take a step? you see some countries policies don't favour indiscriminate establishment (every 5 minutes walk) of churches in the place of factories. china, korea, japan and those set of countries would not encourage that not only against christians even against muslims, they are doing exploits.
no matter how we say this, the church must also grow financially because they are paying their staff, so no one can tell me finances don't play a role in the church's decision.
Was there a "divine mandate" too when these now fired pastors were first hired? undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by felinko(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
Speak for urself because I took time to read wat the man said and everything he said was on point....but ur zombic brain won't allow u comprehend well because of hate...it's ur type that voted this useless administration

kingxsamz:
grin grin grin
All these one na lame excuses nobody is ready to read. Christians will say "where two or three are gathered, the lord is there" but na still their pastors dey vex say people no plenty for church, even though there are at least 3 churches in every street. There are more Christians in this country and they're still looking for more. They say they want to win souls, but the souls they want to win have already been won by another church. grin grin
So basically, what they're doing is trying to win members from other churches. And more members guarantees massive weekly income.
Na who do advert pass they usually sell, that's why their daddy GO is angry and sacking pastors anyhow because the pastors no get sweet mouth to cajole people to come and buy the market they're selling. grin
Anybody that says this isn't about tithe and offering is just lying to himself, so ya'll keep crying. grin grin grin
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by lastchild: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
i said this thing before, some pastors deserve sack letters, the branch at uratta road in aba suffered set back the moment one pastor came

pastor stopped covenant hour because of fear that doesn't exist, going for outreach became war, church suddenly grew cold, Infact the story long

at last, we heard that he was doing those out of anger for transferring him from Lagos to aba
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nauttyprof(m): 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Bearing what fruit? Your idea of fruits differ from that spoken of by Jesus Christ in that context. undecided

I see and understand what Jesus Christ is saying there in John 15, what I dont see is the connection you have severally attempted in making of that with your "witnessing". undecided

When Christ started with the vine and the Disciples being the branches, what do you think He was pointing at?

For you to understand the chapter, I will try explain better to you. Christ was about leaving and was recounting every experience He had with the Disciples explaining how he chose them and how they remained in Him throughout, with Christ feeding them with the word of God (helping them grow in this). Now, it is time for Christ to leave, he is then letting them know of the need to continue from where he stopped (witnessing) and how He won't leave them without the Holyspirit in witnessing. He prepared their minds on being ready to face oppositions just the way he faced his.

I believe with the above, I have been able to make you see and understand better what the message was about in being the vine, the disciples being the branches and the need for them to bear fruits.

We read in full to understand the Author's intended meaning alone and not pick verses in isolation to pass a different view.

I hope with this explanation, I have clarified the place of witnessing.

After reading John 15 from verse 1, check the last verse to understand why Jesus talked about bearing fruits.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by kingxsamz(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
rollywise:
Oga cover your mouth. I blame the guy answering you like he owes you an explanation. Go hit head for wall. The church will strive and the gates of hell shall not prevail

Awwn. Sorry.
Here's a bucket for your tears.

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Clergy20: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
iamdapsyj:

I tried to educate some people about what truly transpired in the sacking of those pastors but they were just talking nonsense in the first thread about this issue. They were basically absent in their duty post which affected their productivity. Only those that have the calling and passion for Christ can thrive.

I believe those in the church understand what it means for someone to abandon his duty and for someone's to fall below the expected growth index. If this man's case was that of dereliction of duty, I believe it would have been so stated in his letter. What was stated was his performance falling below the growth index expectations of his employer, and I think that's clear enough. Our contention should be what exactly are those growth expectations and not to bring the issue of dereliction of duty, which was not stated in the letter. The person affected has said this expectation is the financial returns, if you think it's not, tell us what are the growth indices of the church, simple
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by felinko(m): 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Well said...no explanation will satisfied them...things of the spirit is foolishness onto them,they can't understand...it's not today but started..even d pharisees and the sadusees wea like is

Rebuke:
Food is ready again for the church and pastor haters to come and eat.

They will never be satisfied no matter the explanation given simply because they hate to hear anything good about the church.

No one should even bother trying to explain anything again to these lost and irredeemable souls. They are always looking for opportunities to bash the church and men of God.

Unfortunately for them, they can't stop the church from rising, never!

Even this incident will announce the church of God to the world and draw many more souls to Christ, Praise be God.

One thing I know for sure, those who are in the habit of always bashing the church of God and men of God are heaping a coal of fire on their head.....repentance, I mean genuine repentance will be their only way out.

Jesus is Lord forever, yhur opinion doesn't matter, deal with it, Amen cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Tifunloran: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Donate to JW online https://donate.jw.org/ui/E/donate-home.html

Read my comment again
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Fortez: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Good for them
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tifunloran:
Read my comment again
I did that is why I posted that there is no ban on online donations for JWs, nor is mailing in your payment or dropping it off barred. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nauttyprof(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Clergy20:

So, you believed the Pastor instead of hearing from both sides first. You are quick to judge the Church (with several Pastors) but support one who you don't know if he was telling the truth or not.

The heart of a man is desperately wicked is what the Bible says. This Pastor didn't give a full detail of what transpired rather he chose to speak bad of the church. Now, let me ask you this, why wait till some years before sacking if it is about the money?

Let's now look at it as a business which you probably are looking at this, will you give an employee some years before taking actions when he is not making money for the company? If you say yes, then this discussion isn't necessary as no employer will wait for some years before sacking when he is not getting results.

My view is also to paint another side which nobody wants to look at but just want to stick to the pastor and crucify the church as we always do nowadays since this is what trends. Anything from the church must be opposed and seen as a business making venture.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
Rebuke:
Food is ready again for the church and pastor haters to come and eat.

They will never be satisfied no matter the explanation given simply because they hate to hear anything good about the church.

No one should even bother trying to explain anything again to these lost and irredeemable souls. They are always looking for opportunities to bash the church and men of God.

Unfortunately for them, they can't stop the church from rising, never!

Even this incident will announce the church of God to the world and draw many more souls to Christ, Praise be God.

One thing I know for sure, those who are in the habit of always bashing the church of God and men of God are heaping a coal of fire on their head.....repentance, I mean genuine repentance will be their only way out.

Jesus is Lord forever, yhur opinion doesn't matter, deal with it, Amen cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

dogmatism is for son of destruction, its not the answer.
the answer is fairness in God.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by TemmyT002(m): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
Shame on anyone who calls themselves Christians and joined in bashing the church.
Stop allowing the devil to use you.
Nobody criticizes the church more than so called Christians.
We need to learn a lot from the Muslims in this regard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / Howard Nyoni: TB Joshua & Oyakhilome Had Terminal Diseases, Took Drugs Secretly / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.