Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level (59301 Views)

Profile Of Peace Ufuoma - Final Year UNIBEN Aggressive Malpractice Student / Peace Ufuoma Who Rocked 'Aggressive Malpractice' Shirt Lands In Trouble / Ufuoma Peace Oghenerume Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by drealcivilceno(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
so all those 4 years wasted?
She also lost her coursemate same signing out date due to foolishness

Democracy?

You guys deserve your leaders...
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by tfelicityk(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
with her experience or misbehaviour I'm not sure any university abroad will ever admit her for master's degree neither will any company in nigeria.no institution or body wants their image/brand to be tarnished by the stupidity of another person

You are very right....

I felt for her.... Hope she will not blame any member of her families behind her misdeeds? See what she allowed herself to do to herself because you want attention via social media...
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by FahBuLous: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
You have a very good point there...
seunH:
I personally believe if she has a good lawyer, she would go scot-free. For the action the school took to be valid, there must be evidence of malpractice, as in solid evidences like witnesses, malpractice material (phone, microchips, textbook etc) etc. That she wrote it on her clothes is not valid enough to make her guilty, any body can write anything. For instance, if I write on my shirt "I am a yahoo boy" does it mean I would go to jail for Internet fraud. The highest the law enforcement agency can do, is try to investigate me in order to get solid evidences which would be presented to the judge. Presenting my shirt where I wrote "I am a yahoo boy" to the judge as their only evidence would be tossed into the thrash can!!!!
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by cayorday89(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yusfunoble:
Damn!
Make she just go buy another jamb form undecided
Na direct entry be that but on special recognition as a special student.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
therealMcCain:

Thats why i said, this news is yet to be confirmed. there was a memo that shows the constituted panel, i await something similar to show the finding.

its no punishment, a graduating student says she got far by engaging in Aggressive Malpractice, the university responded by saying they will investigate her and check her examination answer script from 100L. where is the punishment? its due diligence, if she is found wanting, then she will face the consequence and serve as a deterrence to others that Malpractice in whatever form isnt allowed.

For a student to be awarded a certificate it is said that he/she has been found worthy in character and learning.

To engage in Malpractice shows bad character and there is no learning in that
No sir, they have already asked her to repeat all the examinations she did since 200 level which is tantamount to extra "years"
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by helpee(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobicove:

Please also remind me if the school pardons her in the dream grin
http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/21/graduate-under-probe-exam-malpractice-not-yet-ordered-rewrite-exams-%E2%80%93-uniben
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by helpee(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
lmaoo only if wishes were horses beggars will ride

What of the documents she signed during her matriculation day? Them go help am fish am out.you think say ubiben Na play play school? cheesy

You think say Na begging go just make the matter end? cheesy

Something the university management as a whole decided on not an individual lecturer o
http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/21/graduate-under-probe-exam-malpractice-not-yet-ordered-rewrite-exams-%E2%80%93-uniben
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by elonmuskbaby: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
the guy dropped out from uniben hence the frustrating comments

Lol. I believe you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by elonmuskbaby: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
tfelicityk:

You are very right....

I felt for her.... Hope she will not blame any member of her families behind her misdeeds? See what she allowed herself to do to herself because you want attention via social media...
ok so if her family member says she should put her hand Inside fire she too Will?

She no get brain?
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by tfelicityk(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
ok so if her family member says she should put her hand Inside fire she too Will?

She no get brain?

Na that brain wey she no get... Make her land for the wahala wey she put herself...

Many institutions will be extremely cautious of such kind of her many out there.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Almaigaa: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
kechywillz:

Mumu,ufoma is not Igbo,its delta people that bears that name. Get that it ur head

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by DonKenbeng: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sue them.find a good lawyer. Them go beg
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Chazb(m): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
Her village people Head don catch her nah
She wey she no say na weytin carry her reach where she dey come go dey make mouth again.
Why she no fit wait and collect her results first
Double wahala.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Matrix414: 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
mkpologwu:
May God help her find reasonable amount, if possible through rich husband so can start a profitable business and excel. She erred but we all err. Life should treat her better please.

I like your sense of judgement... So mature
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Edopesin: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by executive12: 1:06am On Jul 22, 2021
She should get a good Lawyer to sue the University.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by BluntCrazeMan: 5:38am On Jul 22, 2021
Sixsigmahub:
University of Benin (UNIBEN) Female Graduate probed by the school authorities for Examination malpractice ordered to rewrite all exams from 200 Level.

UNIBEN began investigating all the results of female student who wore ” Aggressive Malpractice” shirt during her sign out parade.

Earlier last week, the management of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) ordered that all the results of the student be investigated after she wore a sign out shirt with the inscription “aggressive malpractice brought me this far” during her signing out parade.

This came after a video of the said student identifies as Peace Ufuoma, from the department of Microbiology, went viral a few days ago.

The institution made a statement two weeks ago on the Thursday, that the decision to probe the student in question’s results was taken at a meeting that held on the 13th of July.

A news reaching Siggy correspondent as of today says that the female student in question has been ordered to rewrite all her papers from her Level two till the end of Level four. This sounds very heartbreaking but the school management is of the opinion that Peace Ufuoma be used as a scape goat to tell every student of the University of Benin that examination malpractices are not allowed within her walls.

https:///uniben-female-graduate-exam-malpractice-rewrite-exams-200level/
Like NIGERIA,, Like UNIBEN..
Always Reacting..
Always administering Medicine-After-Death.
Always looking for who to use as SCAPE GOAT.
Why not call the lady to come and defend her course of study, and have her knowledge of her course evaluated and examined..
Must she write all the exams afresh?
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by BluntCrazeMan: 5:43am On Jul 22, 2021
seunH:
I personally believe if she has a good lawyer, she would go scot-free. For the action the school took to be valid, there must be evidence of malpractice, as in solid evidences like witnesses, malpractice material (phone, microchips, textbook etc) etc. That she wrote it on her clothes is not valid enough to make her guilty, any body can write anything. For instance, if I write on my shirt "I am a yahoo boy" does it mean I would go to jail for Internet fraud. The highest the law enforcement agency can do, is try to investigate me in order to get solid evidences which would be presented to the judge. Presenting my shirt where I wrote "I am a yahoo boy" to the judge as their only evidence would be tossed into the thrash can!!!!
At least, we flow together in this.
They investigated her results, then they had a meeting, and decided to make her a scale goat.
Just like that.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by jimmynauty: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2021
Deasegun19:
as you don do urself, na ur wahala be dat

She don't overdo herself
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Johnsown1(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2021
Meninmen:

Garbage!!!

I believe you should have given me your better suggestion
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by Johnsown1(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2021
GoldenJAT:
Na you be the STUPID person here!
Ok
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by xjiggy: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2021
seunH:
After investigation, the school gave her this punishment. Let me tell u something about school Senate/disciplinary investigation. The marking scheme will be followed up to the letter. Where a lecturer gave half mark for trying, they'll assume it was supposed to be zero. Any leniency in the marking of ur scripts will be termed fraud thereby nullifying the results. I remember very well a guy that contested his results back then in school. They brought him before the Senate committee to rewrite the papers and my guy blasted the whole thing. He was given an official letter of acknowledgement. That girl just allowed stupidity to override common sense.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2021
xjiggy:
After investigation, the school gave her this punishment. Let me tell u something about school Senate/disciplinary investigation. The marking scheme will be followed up to the letter. Where a lecturer gave half mark for trying, they'll assume it was supposed to be zero. Any leniency in the marking of ur scripts will be termed fraud thereby nullifying the results. I remember very well a guy that contested his results back then in school. They brought him before the Senate committee to rewrite the papers and my guy blasted the whole thing. He was given an official letter of acknowledgement. That girl just allowed stupidity to override common sense.
I agree with the last part, but sir in this case her scripts is not their business, their only business is the invigilator's report on the conduct of all the exams she partook in, that lead to the award of her degree. These reports are well documented and they showed that all her exams were devoid of malpractice as supervised by the school authorities themselves. Her scripts only becomes a subject of concern, if she is contesting her result or the invigilator's report indicates malpractice. I hope you get my point sir
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by bilulu(m): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
seunH:
This is a form of punishment sir, they indirectly gave her extra years for an examination she passed and was certified devoid of malpractice by the university until the shirt incidence. I believe she should be punished, but not on malpractice based on an alleged confession on a shirt
though another report said the school hasn't decided, I believe schools have the right to ask a student to defend their result if they feel the student cheated (i stand to be corrected though). I really want to see the outcome of this case. you can imagine the other guy from Futminna..... Meaning cheating is normal. no morals. and tomorrow you will say you can't get job. who will employ such youths. If na you, you go employ?
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
bilulu:

though another report said the school hasn't decided, I believe schools have the right to ask a student to defend their result if they feel the student cheated (i stand to be corrected though). I really want to see the outcome of this case. you can imagine the other guy from Futminna..... Meaning cheating is normal. no morals. and tomorrow you will say you can't get job. who will employ such youths. If na you, you go employ?
Should I burst your brain sir, if I was in the panel, I would have recommended outright expulsion for gross misconduct. Such act can tarnish of the school, you're not considering the image of the university abroad. Imagine the reaction from international bodies on seeing what she wrote on her shirt, even Nigerian universities generally.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by bilulu(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
seunH:
Should I burst your brain sir, if I was in the panel, I would have recommended outright expulsion for gross misconduct. Such act can tarnish of the school, you're not considering the image of the university abroad. Imagine the reaction from international bodies on seeing what she wrote on her shirt, even Nigerian universities generally.
Yea, she actually tarnished the image of the school, me and you both know she can't defend the last paper she wrote not to talk of from 200 level.... I'll blame that school if they left her off the school and that will be the norm especially now that yahoo don spoil everything, those guys will take those writings and signature to a whole new level

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
bilulu:

Yea, she actually tarnished the image of the school, me and you both know she can't defend the last paper she wrote not to talk of from 200 level.... I'll blame that school if they left her off the school and that will be the norm especially now that yahoo don spoil everything, those guys will take those writings and signature to a whole new level
Exactly
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by kalu61(m): 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunH:
Examination malpractice is an offence sir, infact in my alma mater you can even be handed over to the police in the case of malpractice involving impersonation (but I may be wrong sir since it's your field and I believe you have years of experience). But in this case sir, the university had initially admitted that all her exams were devoid of malpractice (from the invigilator's form) and she also passed. For them to turn around to contradict their earlier position requires solid proof not just based on a "confession on a shirt"
You keep defending your position which can't win the girls case.
From what you said, doesn't it mean it a crimal has being tried by the court and was discharged and the suspect comes out in public to make open confession to committing the crime(and in court environment).

What will the judge do?
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by kalu61(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunH:
No sir, they have already asked her to repeat all the examinations she did since 200 level which is tantamount to extra "years"
There is no extra year here. If she can write all the exams in 24 hrs, the school will not object it. If she wants to write it in 20 years, it's her decision.
This iw where you lawyers can come to make sure, the timetable is suitable and scripts marked properly but taking the school to court, is a lost case.
Re: UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level by seunH: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
kalu61:

There is no extra year here. If she can write all the exams in 24 hrs, the school will not object it. If she wants to write it in 20 years, it's her decision.
This iw where you lawyers can come to make sure, the timetable is suitable and scripts marked properly but taking the school to court, is a lost case.
Sir, can you write all your exams in 24 hours, remember practical is included, let's be realistic, is it possible? Without deceiving ourselves, we both know they indirectly gave her an extra "years". Or how will you feel if you went for an interview and because you failed a simple question, the company wrote to your alma mater that they doubt your qualification and your alma mater inturn now asked you to repeat all your exams from 200 level till 400 level, "just to be sure you really qualified for the degree" since there is doubt. My question is, would you see it as a test or as a punishment?
#I'm not a lawyer sir, I'm a Veterinarian

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Doctor Aarinola Olayia Breaks OAU 28-Year Record (Photo) / Queen’s College Teacher Accused Of Sexually Molesting Girls Finally Responds(pic / University Of Lagos (UNILAG) In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.