Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? (22228 Views)

A School Which Gives Bsc In Three Session. Is JPTS A Scam Or Legit? / LASG Feeds 11,811 Pupils, Begins Five-day School Meal Pilot Phase / Is Boarding School Better Than Day School? What Are The Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Gunboysavage(m): 10:14am On Jul 21, 2021
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by hakym619(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2021
emmajacabs:
day school na

Y
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2021
grin
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Alexandro15: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2021
I attended boarding school and I'm grateful I did. If I have children one day, I will send all of them there.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Mangekyo: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2021
Day school is far better
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Seniorwriter(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2021
Any as long as the educational facilities are standard.
Study your child or ward and give them what fits their person.
It's your duty.
grandlexuz:

You made a lot of sense. Something most will not understand. I have a daughter who just wrote the advance level after seven years in a Catholic boarding school. I also have a son who will be going to secondary school this year. Whilst his sister had a successful seven years in a boarding school I will not be sending him to a boarding school. He is a genius but a very naive guy that could be prone to the bullying from bigger students at such affecting his grades. So he is going to stay at home and attend a good day school.
You are doing well....more so teach them Money Management through savings....
Kudos to you.

Deep Quote
One man's like is another's dislike.

@Seniorwriter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by edoairways: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Men why are you typing lies
i went to a boarding school and it was fun for me nothing like gay or lesbian please stop spreading rumours you have no prove about undecided
That was then not anymore
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Fivaniy: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2021
Chai
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Men why are you typing lies
i went to a boarding school and it was fun for me nothing like gay or lesbian please stop spreading rumours you have no prove about undecided
Went to boarding only one yet
God saved me from homo
I can never thank God enough for rescuing me from the claws of raw homosexuality

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by alfasexy: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Missionary boarding school, Why? It builds the mind and teach students how to survive on their own without their parents and also the moral upbringing attached to such schools. If I am to go back in age I will still choose a boarding school again. Though it was hard but was also fun.
Social life/effect; It made me so independent that I find it hard to associate with people, I can literally live in a whole town only me without seeing a human and wont even feel the need to see any.

Me too.
When I watch Zombie apocalypse movies, I just envy them wishing I could live in such a world with nobody to bother me.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by silibaba: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Calm down the world is not as bad as you make it seem undecided
boarding was the best thing that happened to me.. It was through the boarding school that i learnt alot and became a better person..
thank your star then.

Boarding has done more harm than good in recent time.

Peace out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by toffyz(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
Day school is the best!
I'm sure boarding school would be abolished sooner or later in Nigeria
Lots of unsayable things are happening in boarding schools
No proper monitoring by the so called house master n mistress
No proper hygiene by this students, most esp young junior students
No proper care

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Joshcoli(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2021
I went to burden school myself
That was where I learnt many many things
Many bad things

But for girls, it's risky
During my time more than 5 girls got pregnant and were expelled
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by tiswell(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2021
Products of boarding school are part of the rots we have in our society today.

Train your children,and let them attend � from home
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by ofiko123(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2021
I went to a day school, so I don't know much about the boarding house system....
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by grandlexuz(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2021
H
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Skillsnigeria: 10:22am On Jul 21, 2021
Day school
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by silibaba: 10:22am On Jul 21, 2021
10mobile:

I support you. I went to a boarding school but I can't send my child to one. Raise your child by yourself.
simple.

If you are not ready to watch over your child then use condom, is N40/pack with 4 inside. Very cheap and can save you a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by 3idiots: 10:22am On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
Please OP, don't ever conceive sending your children to boarding, I beg you. No one can discipline your child/ren than yourself.

Most of them in the boarding are lesbian and gay am telling you the gospel truth.

A word is enough for a wise.

Sign out

I attended a boarding school, but my kids wouldn't do that.

2 Likes

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by WibusJaga: 10:22am On Jul 21, 2021
In the good old days, boarding used to be far better but not now. You would probably spend so much for a good boarding school now.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by edoairways: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2021
OPTOSUN don't have that thought of sending your kids to boarding school as you would regret it. Boarding school of 70's ,80's and 90's were better off than this present generation.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by iamyemiakins(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding school.

I attended Police Secondary School, Akure. A boarding school to the core, with the best experience ever!

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by bossvitality(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2021
Day because back then in secondary school, na dey students dey always carry 1st position las las
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by grandlexuz(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
Please OP, don't ever conceive sending your children to boarding, I beg you. No one can discipline your child/ren than yourself.

Most of them in the boarding are lesbian and gay am telling you the gospel truth.

A word is enough for a wise.

Sign out

H

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by legendhayor(m): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2021
THAT'S WHERE MOST GAYS AND LESBIAN ARE INITIATED
SUPERPACK:
Missionary boarding school, Why? It builds the mind and teach students how to survive on their own without their parents and also the moral upbringing attached to such schools. If I am to go back in age I will still choose a boarding school again. Though it was hard but was also fun.
Social life/effect; It made me so independent that I find it hard to associate with people, I can literally live in a whole town only me without seeing a human and wont even feel the need to see any.

5 Likes

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by grandlexuz(m): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2021
sotall:
Day school all the way

The early years of learning e.g childhood to teenage years requires the learner to be strictly monitored on an individual basis to instill moral and social discipline into the learner.

A boarding house housekeeper barely have time to do this.
It is very easy for your child to become a cultist, lesbian, gay, hooligan, rapist , drug abuser etc in a boarding school. The housekeeper has his/her own limits where he/she turns their back.

I definitely agree with you on parents needing to be around during those early years but to say boarding school breeds cultists and gays is the most absurd thing I ever heard. I dont know about Nigeria but in Cameroon most boarding schools are run by Christian Missions. Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Full Gospel and the Apostolic church. At the bolded I dont think you have been to a boarding school. The are well laid down disciplinary structures from class cordinators to dormitory captains to prefects and then house masters. During siesta even in the absence of a house master no student can be seen loitering or not in bed..There is self consciousness.

Some of these schools have been in existence as far back as 1948. I went to a Presbyterian mixed mission boarding school in the late eighties and early nineties. I have a daughter in a Catholic all girls Mission school... Most parents send their kids to these schools for quality results and dependency. The best results in Cameroon do come from Mission boarding school with well behaved kids. Isolated incidents of lesbiansm is not enough to tag them as a reservoir for lesbians . As for cultism it is not a Cameroonian problem..

I only know of two government boarding schools in Cameroon with the majority of students being day students. There are also private boarding schools that receive recalcitrant children in a bid to mould them up..

3 Likes

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by leo1234(m): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:

I agree with you on this.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2021
I know of a family that sent 4 of their children to a boarding school, two went to a federal (unity) school, while two went to a state school.
The two girls sent there ended up being initiated into witchcraft the craziest part is that they were initiated by the house mistress...a teacher who their mum asked to take care of them, the story long abeg, very sad story, the family is yet to recover from it all.
Boarding school is good, but the risk is too much, I’ll rather train my child myself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by yazga: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2021
cheesy
Boarding School Better Than Day School?

there are a lots of reasons to send you kids to boarding schools, but in my opinion, boarding school is better than day school, students who are in boarding school are mentally and emotionally strong, most students find it hard to live in boarding school, a lot of them do cry when ever their parents come visiting. Boarding schools tend to teach moral and value which is lacking in today life.

Discipline

Discipline is one of the major reasons to send you kid to boarding school. Boarding school students are well-disciplined than the day school students. Discipline makes boarding school better than day school. There are different factors which contributes to the well discipline of secondary school hostel students. There are different set of rules which guide the boarding school students, for example, a boarding school student knows that he has to wake up on time, brush, do his morning duty(maybe sweeping the hostel, washing of toilet etc) take his bath on time, go to dinning in order not miss his breakfast.

Punctual

Punctual is one of the reasons to send your kid to boarding school. When it comes to time, boarding school students are good time managers than the day school students. Every day-to-day activities being carry out in boarding school have its specific time, we made reference to dinning time which is the most crucial among all. When you miss your meal, you have to go hungry and patiently wait for the next meal. Especially in boarding schools that doesn't allow provision, like the missionary school.

Hard Working

Yes hard work is one of the main reasons to send you kid to boarding school. Boarding schools breed students to be hard-working, the students who neglect their morning duties are being penalized. Those who hide during manual labor are not left out, they will be punished. Most students who come from the rich family find it hard to wash their clothes by their selves and carry out other mini duties. But in boarding schools, the case is different, nobody will wash your clothes for you, you will have to do it by your self.

Socialization

Social activity of the kid is also a reasons why boarding school is better than day school. Boarding school plays a key role when it comes to socialization . Most kids find it hard to socialize and mingle with other kids, boarding school tend to bring together kids with different background and characters. A dull kid will end up being outspoken and bright. Some kids find it difficult to speak in public, they tend to be afraid, but with the aid of boarding school, the kid will know how to relate with people he doesn't know.

Academic Performance

The kid academic performance is another reason to send your kid to boarding school. I wouldn't say that boarding school kids are more intelligent than the day school. Rather, I will say that boarding school students perform academically better than the day school. There is time for everything, the boarding school student tend to utilize his reading time than that of the day school. A day students may not have time to read after school due to many factors or might be busy doing nothing, but a boarding student will have time to read after school, because they are forced to go fot night prep(reading) every day for about 2 or more.

Free time

Most time, it is difficult for some parents to look after their kids at home,it could be as a result of their job. especially, bankers that leave home as early as 7am to be back by 8pm or 10pm when there is tragic for people staying in major cities like Lagos. A boarding school is perfect for such parents, it will be a home away from home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by pafra(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding school is the best for now.
With so many distraction at home kids don't read again.

With dstv, gotv
Television at home is a big distraction.
When I see day students around my area, nothing like boarding school.

Boarding school get levels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by matm: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding school is nice especially the ones managed by missions if u can afford the fees.
U learn how to live a regimental and independent life in boarding school.U are compelled to read privately during afternoon and night studies which u might not be able to learn as a day students.And then discipline U don't wake up or go to bed when u want.Every offence has a consequence.
Then coming to d issue of gay/lesbian,there are isolated cases just as obtainable among day students & even in our homes.
Even if ur kid is a day student or boarding,a kid dt will spoil,will spoil and there is nothing u can do about it.In boarding,such kids are often expelled.Si don't put ur spoilt kid in boarding for teachers to train,manage d kid urself.The best d teachers can do will be to rusticate him.
High surge in promiscuity today is a big challenge to all and shld be blamed on the internet stuff.Even if u lock up ur kid at home,he/she will still explore more than u think on d internet especially d negative contents.
What our kids need is constant counselling,guidance and prayers .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Latest News / As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? / AAUA Increases School Fee From 25k+ To 120k+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.