Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,387 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? (22289 Views)

A School Which Gives Bsc In Three Session. Is JPTS A Scam Or Legit? / LASG Feeds 11,811 Pupils, Begins Five-day School Meal Pilot Phase / Is Boarding School Better Than Day School? What Are The Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Richy4(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
It depends on what the parent wants to achieve.....
If a parent wants his or her kids to be independent in life, Boarding school is the better way/ Option to achieve that...
If a parent have a kid that can hardly listen, then day school is the better way/ Option to achieve that because the parent will be keeping an eye on him/her...

For me I love boarding school...One funny disadvantage I saw was that after insulting your seniors in school, where the principal restricts all kinds of bullying, u will still comeback home (dormitory) to meet them... where they will show you smiley...
It is safe to say that junior students from day school are more outspoken than the junior in Schools with dormitory
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Mykelslim: 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
I went to boarding school. I won't send my child there besides I'm going to give them in some home projects at early stage which I'd like to monitor.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by terungwa01(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
don't mind the guy you quoted, he is now concluding that most students in boarding are lesbians and gay due to isolated instances he might have come across. I have also seen day students with same gay dispositions.
Such habits are not limited to boardinghouse alone, it’s basically child’s upbringing, I went to a boarding school as well and I’ve not stoped thanking God for that wonderful and amazing experiences I would want to have over and over again. We don’t pray for our children to adopt such habits but a boardinghouse would be one of the best experiences your child should be given. And he/she would be so proud to be your child as well.�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by VTJN(m): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
that was then. you attended boarding when there was still a little bit of sanity in the world.

take what I say or jump and pass

the world today is something else now my brother. boarding school is a no for me now from information I have been getting from people with experiences.

how would you bring a child to this world and want someone else to train him or her for you? you have failed that child already.

You are absolutely right sir

Even if the world is sane enough, i won't still advice anyone to enrol his/her ward to a boarding

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Ssoil(f): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2021
Thetourist which one is better
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding are for kids that had no choice

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2021
I am a product of boarding school. And I have not yet recovered from the terrible things I went through. If you hate your child send him to boarding school sad

4 Likes

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by MT: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2021
Day school anytime. It affords you the opportunity to personally monitor your child's performance instead of outsourcing such to teachers who won't be bothered.

You will also be able to bond with your child. Also, all the vices that children inculcate while at the boarding school will be eradicated. Just my own view.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by egunna(m): 10:32am On Jul 21, 2021
CruiseMaster1:
Most parents let their kids go to burden school just to buy time for themselves,kids need proper nurturing that should be done by the parents not teachers

I sell unisex turtleneck for adults and kids,check my profile picture for samples and contact wink
officer,na "burden " u spell ooo.make I wear my glass first
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by micflo28(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2021
Performance in external examinations has favoured Boarding schools than day students. All the same, Most students become loose canons in boarding schools because of abundance of independence from their parents, but I will choose boarding school over day school because of the end product which is better performance at public examinations but it has to be same sex boarding school sha not mixed.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by MrJavaS: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2021
If you want your child to be street smart.....send them to boarding school
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by armadeo(m): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding.

Never!!!!
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by brainhgeek(m): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
Please OP, don't ever conceive sending your children to boarding, I beg you. No one can discipline your child/ren than yourself.

Most of them in the boarding are lesbian and gay am telling you the gospel truth.

A word is enough for a wise.

Sign out

This is a very wrong assertion. Lesbians and gays are made at home too. Kids can pick up bad habits anywhere, even under your sensitive nostrils, unblinking eyes and infrasonic-sound-detecting ears.
I have worked with students in hostels and I can tell you that 97% of the students i worked with over the years, turned out good without behavioral defects. There were cases of abnormal behaviors in some kids but none was so defective beyond redemption. I am talking of a population of over 500students for over 5years. If you have good hands, child handler's periodic and consistent trainings, well structured institution and a blend of good admission policies, boarding school school defeats most parent monitored day students.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2021
Day school.

Boarding schools encourage negative behaviors and leave your child vulnerable to predators.

Kids need the support, supervision, and guidance of parents.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by pafra(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2021
Mykelslim:
I went to boarding school. I won't send my child there besides I'm going to give them in some home projects at early stage which I'd like to monitor.

Boarding school get levels.
Which one did you attend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by OBALOLA55(m): 10:40am On Jul 21, 2021
Adaorababy:
I prefer boarding schools for my sons and day schools for my daughters. Premier academy, Lugbe comes to mind. I don't like what I hate and hate what I like
ARE YOU SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by pafra(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
VTJN:
You are absolutely right sir

Even if the would is sane enough, i won't still advice anyone to enrol his/her ward to a boarding

It depends on the type of boarding you attend.
Bro's boarding school get levels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by iezeiyida(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2021
Well, for me, both has its' advantages and disadvantages. But, the advantages of a good missionary Boarding school is greater than the advantages of a good Day school.. Why? The child will have more discipline, morality, self-survivial, academic and social knowledge, and childhood to adult-hood friendship networking and connections in Boarding school than Day school.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by pafra(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2021
Cousin9999:
Day school.

Boarding schools encourage negative behaviors and leave your child vulnerable to predators.

Kids need the support, supervision, and guidance of parents.

The boarding school is a subset of the larger society. If you survive the predators there you can survive anywhere.

There are different categories of boarding school.
I wish you know what I am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by ukaface(f): 10:46am On Jul 21, 2021
I will want to choose boarding school because I feel it comes with a sense of independence for the child. The child will learn to live on his / her own . Such independence would later be useful when they are older.

But relating behaviours of boarders, Omo! Day school is better.
Let me be seeing my child everyday, and groom him / her as I dey see am.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by harmony75: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2021
Day is Best if you're busy still put them in day don't abandon your kids in school the name of being too busy!
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by blackpanda: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2021
iamtardey:
Day school for me, I want to take my kids to school and pick them off.
Thank you.

Let me guess: u are single and without child?

Nice fantasy grin

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by ignis: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2021
hakym619:

You're a monkey

Maybe you are mistaken me for your mum.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by NewDelhi(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2021
toffyz:
Day school is the best!
I'm sure boarding school would be abolished sooner or later in Nigeria
Lots of unsayable things are happening in boarding schools
No proper monitoring by the so called house master n mistress
No proper hygiene by this students, most esp young junior students
No proper care
The way some of you talk ehn. What makes you think boarding schools would be abolished sooner or later ehn?
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by BouquiLake: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2021
Simple truth is you have less time spent in grooming your kid if you send them to boarding school max 12yrs from birth. What would you have impacted? Remember from boarding to the university and voila...they have their own mind and believe they are independent. Unlike Day students.... they don't get to leave your tutelage till like 17yrs by which time they are more matured. My thots anyways.

OPTOSUN:
In boarding school, students live in the school premises and go to class from their hostels while day school students go to school from their parent houses.
Which one do you prefer and why?

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by afroxyz: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2021
Day students are easily influenced when they get to university because they have mot developed the like akills to have confidence in thwir neq found independence.

All theae parents saying they want to pick their children up from secondary achool. Remember your child would get to university where you would not be able to police them.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by harmony75: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2021
Adaorababy:
I prefer boarding schools for my sons and day schools for my daughters. Premier academy, Lugbe comes to mind. I don't like what I hate and hate what I like
so whom do you leave to train your sons hmmm it means you don't love your sons as you love your girls abi you think is only girls that are Abused?!
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by afroxyz: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2021
No wonder we have 30 year olds still living with their parents. Many people atill want to breastfeed their chikdrwn in the name of grooming.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by sotall(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2021
grandlexuz:

I definitely agree with you on parents needing to be around during those early years but to say boarding school breeds cultists and gays is the most absurd thing I ever heard. I dont know about Nigeria but in Cameroon most boarding schools are run by Christian Missions. Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Full Gospel and the Apostolic church. At the bolded I dont think you have been to a boarding school. The are well laid down disciplinary structures from class cordinators to dormitory captains to prefects and then house masters. During siesta even in the absence of a house master no student can be seen loitering or not in bed..There is self consciousness.

Some of these schools have been in existence as far back as 1948. I went to a Presbyterian mixed mission boarding school in the late eighties and early nineties. I have a daughter in a Catholic all girls Mission school... Most parents send their kids to these schools for quality results and dependency. The best results in Cameroon do come from Mission boarding school with well behaved kids. Isolated incidents of lesbiansm is not enough to tag them as a reservoir for lesbians . As for cultism it is not a Cameroonian problem..

I only know of two government boarding schools in Cameroon with the majority of students being day students. There are also private boarding schools that receive recalcitrant children in a bid to mould them up..

I have experienced life in boarding school and i can tell you students always find a way around these "strict" rules put out by the school.
It doesn't take long to see those above these rules and how they go about it.
Some of those promoting these vices are actually current staff of these boarding schools who are most likely wolves in sheep clothings.

A house mistress who is a lesbian will definitely find it easy recruiting girls placed under her care.
Boys who wants to have their way and beat the security system of the school can tip them with enticing gifts etc.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by DrayZee: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2021
Twoclans:
The biggest risk involved in any boarding school in Nigeria (especially volatile areas)for now is kidnapping.

I went to a boarding school and honestly i appreciate my parents for that decision.

Exactly.
Kidnappers have been having a field day with boarding school students all over the country for years now. A lot of the children are molested before they’re returned, and not even a single word of it gets to the media. This happens a lot even in the supposed ‘high class’ private boarding schools.

No to boarding schools, not with the condition of security in this country right now,
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by grandlexuz(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Any as long as the educational facilities are standard.
Study your child or ward and give them what fits their person.
It's your duty.

Deep Quote
One man's like is another's dislike.

@Seniorwriter

You made a lot of sense. Something most will not understand. I have a daughter who just wrote the advance level after seven years in a Catholic boarding school. I also have a son who will be going to secondary school this year. Whilst his sister had a succesful seven years in a boarding school I will not be sending him to a boarding school. He is a genius but a very naive guy that could be prone to the bullying from bigger students atsuch affecting his grades. So he is going to stay at home and attend a good day school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Renovation of toilets in OAU Hostel (Photos) / 5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students / 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.