Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? (22215 Views)

A School Which Gives Bsc In Three Session. Is JPTS A Scam Or Legit? / LASG Feeds 11,811 Pupils, Begins Five-day School Meal Pilot Phase / Is Boarding School Better Than Day School? What Are The Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by pafra(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cousin9999:

A boarding school gives tons of perverts easy access to your child. That doesn't reflect the real world where those same deviants have to deal with a host of protections. It doesn't reflect the real world in any other viable way unless you're referring to prison.

Different categories of boarding schools don't actually exist because whether it's a cheap facility or 50K USD a year school, the child will still be in an environment that does not support healthy growth and development, and does leave them very vulnerable to abuse.

Na wa for you ooo.
Did you say different categories of boarding school don't exist?
Learn to humble yourself and format your mind.

Since you hold strong to your beliefs peace.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
No disrespect, but I feel like people defending boarding school so strongly are:

1. Parents defending their laziness or lack of love for their own babies.

2. People who feel insecure about attending one, or their parents' motivation for sending them.

3. Employees of boarding schools.

4. People who fear they made the wrong choice for their kids.

I'm sure there are people who had great experiences, but I also feel some of these people are being dishonest about bad things they've seen.

I think people should consider the origin of boarding schools and why they're no longer relevant. We know better and have better.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
Please OP, don't ever conceive sending your children to boarding, I beg you. No one can discipline your child/ren than yourself.

Most of them in the boarding are lesbian and gay am telling you the gospel truth.

A word is enough for a wise.

Sign out

grin grin Most day students are straight! @ least that a lesser evil grin
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Jabar2017: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
boarding school ke,day anytime cos i no just enjoy my boarding school days for government college ikorodu,senior seyi nd senior ugo may God continue to bless u wherever u are,senoir raheem you will never go unpunish for the terrible beatings u give back den.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Whois(m): 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Missionary boarding school, Why? It builds the mind and teach students how to survive on their own without their parents and also the moral upbringing attached to such schools. If I am to go back in age I will still choose a boarding school again. Though it was hard but was also fun.
Social life/effect; It made me so independent that I find it hard to associate with people, I can literally live in a whole town only me without seeing a human and wont even feel the need to see any.

I can relate wink
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by kingxsamz(m): 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
Please OP, don't ever conceive sending your children to boarding, I beg you. No one can discipline your child/ren than yourself.

Most of them in the boarding are lesbian and gay am telling you the gospel truth.

Sign out

Lmao, what is this fvcking lie?
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
pafra:

Na wa for you ooo.
Did you say different categories of boarding school don't exist?
Learn to humble yourself and format your mind.

Since you hold strong to your beliefs peace.

Okay, I admit that statement was unfair.

But my point is that even in an expensive school, your child can still be victimized by child abusers, terrorized by peers (including s**ual assault), and ultimately not emerge as the person they should be or what you imagined.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Sunkyapogee(m): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
When you have a child that always want the mum to bath, feed,wash the clothes, can't wash plate after Eating,doesnt do home work, play play pikin, dullard in class, always sleeping after school, and especially making some bad friends at home and you Don talk tire.. Please send that child to a boarding school and see good changes in the next holiday.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
It made me so independent that I find it hard to associate with people, I can literally live in a whole town only me without seeing a human and wont even feel the need to see any.

Has it ever occurred to you that this mentality may be unhealthy or the result of abuse?

Don't get me wrong. If that's your personality, it's okay. But people generally are not like this unless something is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Missionary boarding school, Why? It builds the mind and teach students how to survive on their own without their parents and also the moral upbringing attached to such schools. If I am to go back in age I will still choose a boarding school again. Though it was hard but was also fun.
Social life/effect; It made me so independent that I find it hard to associate with people, I can literally live in a whole town only me without seeing a human and wont even feel the need to see any.

The school damaged you. I also have the same problem. I find it hard to associate with my siblings and people in general. I find it hard to approach women. I be soapy lord before. All thanks to boarding school.

My children will never go to boarding school

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Youngstar76(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
Though I attended boarding school through out my junior secondary school days, as I grew older and wiser to the point I could make decisions for myself, I never returned to boarding house all through my senior secondary school education though I attended the same school. It was a good school though, One of the most expensive in my state up till now.

Disadvantages of boarding:
_ Bullying (especially for young folks in lower classes)
- Punishments for even minor offences by fellow students in (authority) Prefects
- Theft rate is high
- Inadequate food, like you dont eat to your satisfaction and you don't eat your choice of food.
- Strict time table activities schedules that may not suit everyone equally.
- Forced religion
etc

its basically a prison.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by SUPERPACK: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
akpokpo:

The school damaged you. I also have the same problem. I find it hard to associate with my siblings and people in general. I find it hard to approach women. I be soapy lord before. All thanks to boarding school.

My children will never go to boarding school
That it damaged you doest mean it damaged me, I can have conversation and relate to girls as any other person, I am happy with mine. It shaped my finance, lifestyle; don't smoke, drink or womanize. It only becomes abnormal when the person sees it as a limiting factor.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by ignis: 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
hakym619:

You're a bastard

Sorry, I'm not your dad please.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by SUPERPACK: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cousin9999:

Has it ever occurred to you that this mentality may be unhealthy or the result of abuse?

Don't get me wrong. If that's your personality, it's okay. But people generally are not like this unless something is wrong.
that's my personality. When I say I find it hard to associate, I simply mean I don't base my happiness, sadness on people around me, I believe in doing every single thing in life by myself no matter how challenging it is. Just see me as an Omnivert, I have the qualities of an introvert and half of an extrovert and can shield any.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
afroxyz:
No wonder we have 30 year olds still living with their parents. Many people atill want to breastfeed their chikdrwn in the name of grooming.

Walahi, my thought too.

One thing I wished for even up till now, is that I went to a boarding secondary school which I never did.

The sense of independence, the sharpness, the academic excellence, the street smartness, the desire to learn many profiting skills, these are the characters one must definitely learn when they go through boarding schools, especially secondary school.

I personally have not seen anyone who went through boarding school and is not smarter or cleaner or ‘ more up and doing’ than me.

Boarding school it is biko, even if we are living in the abroad.

Modified

Train your child in the way he should go so that when he grows he will not depart from it. If you discipline your child in the 1st 10 years of his life with you at home, I can bet he will not depart from it when he goes to boarding secondary. IMO!
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Faustymama(f): 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
that was then. you attended boarding when there was still a little bit of sanity in the world.

take what I say or jump and pass

the world today is something else now my brother. boarding school is a no for me now from information I have been getting from people with experiences.

how would you bring a child to this world and want someone else to train him or her for you? you have failed that child already.

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by BlackSan: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Yes. Each student is assigned a teacher as a guardian that oversees their welfare, not on one to one basis but one teacher to 10 or 15 students. Should you have any issue with fellow students, seniors or teacher you are to report to them first and they take up the case. They are just like your parents in school.

Ah jeez I can't believe you just said this lol
From being assigned one guardian per student to a group of students per teacher.
Sigh... You are Wrong!!!
I don't know how you came up with this assumption, not all students get assigned to teacher.
Next..
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by SUPERPACK: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
BlackSan:

Ah jeez I can't believe you just said this lol
From being assigned one guardian per student to a group of students per teacher.
Sigh... You are Wrong!!!
I don't know how you came up with this assumption, not all students get assigned to teacher.
Next..
Speak for your school.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
afroxyz:

What perverts? So they wont meet these perverts in college or in their places of work? Perversion that is even shown in movies and phones in the name of wokeness.

is it everychild that goes to boarding school that becomes a pervert? What dis those parents do differently that their children did not turn perverts?

So the best way to prepare ur child for the world is by hiding him from the reality of life and its challenges? You should train your child to hold his head high among his peers not run from challenges

Sound!!!!
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by grandlexuz(m): 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
BlackSan:

Now this is where you have it all wrong, Just because it is a missionary boarding school or it has been around for a long time doesn't mean, they won't be cultist or homosexual students among them.

If you are going to give a good fact, do so with your experience and not a glorified propaganda.

You don't have anything reasonable to say.. I spent seven years in a boarding school, My daughter just got through seven years of boarding school. I saw three siblings through boarding schools.

Last month several children from day schools across Cameroon were involved in home po-nographic amateur display. The shot themselves involved in all kinds of nasty behaviours from alcohol to group sex and later uploaded on social media. Kids in the age bracket of 14 to 17 who leave their homes daily and never make it to school. It took screams from their orgies to draw the attention of neighbours...
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:

Sign out

So day students don't have lesbians and gay?

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by afroxyz: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cousin9999:

Day school is not in the home. Don't be silly. And an adult going out into the world is in no way the same as a small child or even a teen. Again, don't be silly.

At no point did I suggest "hiding" the child from anything. What I stated very clearly multiple times is that a boarding school offers your child to abusers on a silver platter. Your job as a parent, among many things, is to protect your child. Even if the child is an adult, if some creep threatens them, you should be ready to f*** them up. But that's another matter. The bottom line is a child gets better development and education in a day school.

Stop leaving in a fool's paradise. Who told you that you would know your child well if he is a day student? So people do not pick vices when they finish from secondary school?

I'm very sure you would send your child abroad to get an education despite the fact that drugs, homosexuality and gangs are ravaging kids there. Why dont you tell him to remain in Nigeria so that you can monitor him?

You want to breastfeed your child and expect him to turn out a well rounded adult without entitlement mentality.

Do your job as a parent and train him on what to expect from life's challenges and how to respond to them. Train your child to be an adult not to remain a child.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by makavelli80(m): 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
So many secondary school children in nairaland
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Flamemignon1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
BlackSan:

I don't think people's sexual orientation is because of their environment but I may be wrong.
During my boarding school days, four girls were caught and caned but they still continued
Environment plays a huge role in sexual orientation development. It's the core of the "born this way" trope
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by BlackSan: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Speak for your school.

Listen to yourself dude
One guardian per student, does that make sense to you? How many teachers are in the school? or are you implying people are hired just to act as guardians for kids?
Gawd...
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
afroxyz:

Stop leaving in a fool's paradise. Who told you that you would know your child well if he is a day student? So people do not pick vices when they finish from secondary school?

Nothing you're saying relates to any of my points.

I'm very sure you would send your child abroad to get an education despite the fact that drugs, homosexuality and gangs are ravaging kids there. Why dont you tell him to remain in Nigeria so that you can monitor him?

Again, nothing you're saying relates to any of my points.

You want to breastfeed your child and expect him to turn out a well rounded adult without entitlement mentality.

Again, there's no relationship between anything I've said and what you're saying.

Do your job as a parent and train him on what to expect from life's challenges and how to respond to them. Train your child to be an adult not to remain a child.

Sending your child to boarding school is essentially abandoning your duties as a parent. Someone else is "training" your child. Not you.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by bilulu(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
SUPERPACK:
don't mind the guy you quoted, he is now concluding that most students in boarding are lesbians and gay due to isolated instances he might have come across. I have also seen day students with same gay dispositions.
thats were most people learnt it from
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Emeka71(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Boarding school is better because... Going to the boarding school was the best decision I made after primary school... Even though I cried on that first day I was going
You're right.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by BlackSan: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
Flamemignon1:

Environment plays a huge role in sexual orientation development. It's the core of the "born this way" trope

Yeah, I later admitted that one's environment influences their attitude and behavior.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by afroxyz: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cousin9999:

Nothing you're saying relates to any of my points.

Again, nothing you're saying relates to any of my points.

Again, there's no relationship between anything I've said and what you're saying.

Sending your child to boarding school is essentially abandoning your duties as a parent. Someone else is "training" your child. Not you.

Whi told you that it is only the parents duty to train a child? So you have not heard of agents of socialization? The home front provides the foundation for training and prepares him for life. Why dont you home school your child or conduct church services at home because you dont want to negate your responsibility as a parent. Most probably you would even marry a wife for him.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
afroxyz:

Whi told you that it is only the parents duty to train a child? So you have not heard of agents of socialization? The home front provides the foundation for training and prepares him for life. Why dont you home school your child or conduct church services at home because you dont want to negate your responsibility as a parent. Most probably you would even marry a wife for him.

Again, you're spouting pure nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Project Topics And Materials In Medical Laboratory Science / As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly? / University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Latest News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.