Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Casa Ava: The Finishing - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Casa Ava: The Finishing (31222 Views)

Thanks U God For The Finishing Of The Ondo Project Dat Was Done By Adedward / The Finishing Of Osun State Edifice By Rotech77 / The Finishing Of Gateway Contemporary Duplex By Rotech77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

so this is the thing - and this is why i said you may nit have EXHAUSTIVELY reviewed the ISPs plans. swift has unlimited plans, and unlimited night browsing plans

by that i mean - the unlimited night browsing plan is a capped plan in which your night browsing is not measured. it is different from the unlimited lans - i know this because i have tried them in the past, and the max speed i got was 300kb/s.

so if i am using a swift free night browsing plan - from 11pm to 8 am my downloads are measured as part oif my subscription, and the speed is not throttled. this is actually why i switched back to swift. i started with swift years ago, moved to spectranet which is cheaper, but spectranets free night browsimng plan was DELIBERATELY difficult - it was between 1 am and 7am. this meant that even with setting up dopwnloads etal al, i would usually have to wake up at one am to be absolutely sure my downloads were running. then , out of the blue they starterd throttling - and that was when i went back to swift

the other reason why i opted for an oem router is because most of these huawei and zte routers, in addition to being locked to a network, have poor management features. i wanted a device that would let me block some websites from source, track exactly who is abusing the netwrok in the house , maybe even impose limits on users. these MNO routers, the last time i checked are limited on these features.

zoom, teams, google meeet all have ow bandwith settings under preferences. you can set your video to SD rather than HD.

if you really want to know EXACTLY where your data is going, install glasswire. you will immediately see which apps are eating data and you can regulate them accordingly. you cam also install on every pc in the house. in addition to this, you can track users internet usuage on a lae model TP link router. i will however advise that if you plan on buying a tplink, buy from abroad or from a fairly reliable seller. i keep hearing there is nothing under the sun in nigeria with regards to dodgy/refurb/firmware modified items.

glo is fairly reliable as a telco, but as an ISP . . .

the issues are nmot limited to my home, they are literrally everywhere. it is so bad that as i said, if for instance i am going to kano, i immediately switch to MTN for data. Glo is really weird because it just has multiple dead spots. there is a hospital in my area. once you go to a point in the hospital, glo simply stops, but MTN works fine. and the start stop of glo is really really terrible.

Seen,

this is a placeholder comment, to be updated when I can find sometime to respond to the issues you raised.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by emmixlee(m): 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
MySmart Net Home Broadband offers you high speed Internet Access through dedicated microwave radio link or through Fiber to the Home (FTTH) on Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON). Our connection fast,affordable and also makes our customers enjoy their money worth.
For more information please visit:
www.tecpointglobal.com
https://www.instagram.com/tecpointng/
https://www.facebook.com/tecpointng/

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
emmixlee:
MySmart Net Home Broadband offers you high speed Internet Access through dedicated microwave radio link or through Fiber to the Home (FTTH) on Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON). Our connection fast,affordable and also makes our customers enjoy their money worth.
For more information please visit:
www.tecpointglobal.com
https://www.instagram.com/tecpointng/
https://www.facebook.com/tecpointng/

Please don’t send us off on a wild goose chase.

Tell us the facts here. You have a captive audience.

What are you offering?

What Gigabytes?

What price?

What equipment?
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 3:35am On Aug 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please don’t send us off on a wild goose chase.

Tell us the facts here. You have a captive audience.

What are you offering?

What Gigabytes?

What price?

What equipment?

The real question - what is the speed and is it sustainable?

Though they will always tell you it is as a Sales matter

In 2020,i got tired of swifts continued increase every three months so I tried tizeti. They made all the story. Very fast very reliable etc.

I paid 50k for equipment and one month data plan.
Speed was 300kb/s.

Phone call, discussion etc. No resolution.

But the real kicker which completely turned me off them - I could not access the router they provided.

Their customer care basically said well, if you want to change WiFi name and password, you will have to call us.

After 3 days I just returned to swift.

Then after two months they started calling claiming that the equipment was theirs and I would have to return it.

That was when I blocked them.

Useless ISP

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by InvertedHammer: 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Shebi it’s to screw standards and just do cash and use whatever they have in stock.
/

This option is only for those who wish to live long grin

While at it, avoid being a surety/guarantor for anyone. You will end up being dragged like a Tiger generator.

/

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
There is a new offering from Airtel, posted
New to me, as in my customer care officer in Airtel sent it to me this morning.

What do you think of it? Haven't tried it yet, might do so next month

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2022
FEGEITOK:
There is a new offering from Airtel, posted
New to me, as in my customer care officer in Airtel sent it to me this morning.

What do you think of it? Haven't tried it yet, might do so next month

Any idea on the recurring price?

Thanks.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 6:20am On Aug 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
After 5 Months Delay, Doors At Last.

It’s refreshing having doors and it has changed the dynamics in terms of livability of the house.

Spaces are now more clearly define.

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Any idea on the recurring price?

Thanks.

Let me find out for you.

Will update this post when I do.

Startup cost 30,000

Monthly renewal 20,000

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Let me find out for you.

Will update this post when I do.

Thanks. I'm spending too much on data.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by bolu1986(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

mtn hynet good for me at the moment 18k for 100gb monthly..
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

to er reiterate - i think the ISPs smile, swift spectranet and co are a better deal for data [then mtn and co] and they are in ibadan

ironically glo is has the best gb/naira, but unless you are in the right area, the service is shit.

i also think you should order a proper modem - tplink and not all these huawei/zte that are bundled with the data plans

a late model tplink modem has far better management features and you can find out for instance who or what is eating your data.

one time, after i had blocked most of the loopholes, my son started streaming videos on the tv. modem traffic management busted him sharp sharp, and now tv is blocked unless i want to update the os [hoping an os update will eventually make the HDR work properly]

every once in a while i find strange devices on my network and i blacklist them
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Rumplesteelskin: 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You can check out I-World Networks. It's unlimited and more stable than the MTN and co, at least in my area here in ib.

Their service is similar to that of tizetti. I use it for work and streaming with multiple devices connected. It's about 52k quarterly for the 2MBps plan. Installation is more expensive. But it's another choice to consider.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Once they’re all hung then the painter will come back for wall corrections, etc

4 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by mexxy1(m): 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Once they’re all hung then the painter will call me back for wall corrections, etc

The last time you posted the second picture here, I was tempted to ask you a question but, somehow decided not to but, since you've posted it again, I can't help but ask. Is there any reason why you had that door open into a walkway?

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
mexxy1:

The last time you posted the second picture here, I was tempted to ask you a question but, somehow decided not to but, since you've posted it again, I can't help but ask. Is there any reason why you had that door open into a walkway?

1) That’s the only logical way it can open because there’s another door directly in there that opens into the pantry.

2) If it opens inward it’ll hit the fridge.

3) It was supposed to be a pocket door in the original design.

All in all it works fine because it’s not a high traffic house.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by somehow: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2022
Chei, they have frustrated Balogun of Ibadan.

Sir, I was planning on coming for tutorials on how to deal with an average Nigerian from you, but now you have destroyed my hope embarassed embarassed embarassed

EgunMogaji2:

Something happened to this country after 1990.

I find myself slowing down a lot and not as gang-ho on things.

My fully furnished 2 bedroom BQ has been sitting idle since January. I don’t want the palava of a tenant in my private residence. You read of schemes to delay rent payment to landlord using legal tactics.

I’ll stay here but will always travel out on vacation twice a year to reset.

Advice to people thinking of coming home, please stay for 3 months on various occasions not the typical two weeks vacation in order to gauge the temperature.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2022
somehow:
Chei, they have frustrated Balogun of Ibadan.

Sir, I was planning on coming for tutorials on how to deal with an average Nigerian from you, but now you have destroyed my hope embarassed embarassed embarassed

I have two cases going on currently. One is in court and the other is a letter of undertaking in police station. I’m the plaintiff on both.

Most people in Nigeria always look at diasporans as soft target. So it requires dealing with them tenaciously. However I didn’t come to Nigeria to do that. Mi o le je ki weyrey kan lo add si high blood pressure mi.

So I’ll mostly keep my money in a bank, go to joints eat point and kill and join in abusing the government.

They think they’re doing me cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I have two cases going on currently. One is in court and the other is a letter of undertaking in police station. I’m the plaintiff on both.

Most people in Nigeria always look at diasporans as soft target. So it requires dealing with them tenaciously. However I didn’t come to Nigeria to do that. Mi o le je ki weyrey kan lo add si high blood pressure mi.

So I’ll mostly keep my money in a bank, go to joints eat point and kill and join in abusing the government.

This man no go kill persin o. smiley

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by somehow: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Chai elepe sir.

I have also talked to myself to put a stop to anything investment in Nigeria.

I don suffer small Sha in the hands of Nigerians (in various investments).

I have 2 cases in court and I'm also the plaintiff.

When is this country going to be organised?

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by floshady02: 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
� � � Too funny
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Actually it's alakowe people they see as soft target. Diasporans to them are just higher return soft target.

3 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by pocohantas(f): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Actually it's alakowe people they see as soft target. Diasporans to them are just higher return soft target.

What is alakowe? smiley
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
pocohantas:

What is alakowe? smiley

All of us educated English speaking aje butta people.

A Mildly derogatory /derisive term.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by pocohantas(f): 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

All of us educated English speaking aje butta people.

A Mildly derogatory /derisive term.

Thought as much. All are soft targets. Na why person suppose keep ajebo for house sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Thought as much. All are soft targets. Na why person suppose keep ajebo for house sometimes.

easier said than done.

oya, you - you literally have dove [soap] model skin
you also have hand model hands
you have a tiiny voice. among other things.

there is no way you can for pako. and they will come and meet you in your tastefully furnished apartment with your kfc eating dog.

in the guys mind - i don HAMMER grin

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Adedward(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
Smile, lobatan
mufutau55:

This man no go kill persin o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by pocohantas(f): 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

easier said than done.

oya, you - you literally have dove [soap] model skin
you also have hand model hands
you have a tiiny voice. among other things.

there is no way you can for pako. and they will come and meet you in your tastefully furnished apartment with your kfc eating dog.

in the guys mind - i don HAMMER grin

You no lie sha. Kinda hard to disguise. They always single me out. grin

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 8:20am On Aug 26, 2022
somehow:

Chai elepe sir.

I have also talked to myself to put a stop to anything investment in Nigeria.

I don suffer small Sha in the hands of Nigerians (in various investments).

I have 2 cases in court and I'm also the plaintiff.

When is this country going to be organised?

This country can never be organised as we're too far gone. Unfortunately we'll just have to learn to exist within the reality where we found each other.

Only the military can bring a resemblance of order to this country and they too have their own issues. We're simply ungovernable yet. We were not ready for independence. The British handed Ferrari car keys to Marwa drivers.

7 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 8:22am On Aug 26, 2022
pocohantas:

You no lie sha. Kinda hard to disguise. They always single me out. grin

I've been in Nigeria for three years continuously except for a short 2 weeks back in the USA. I am spotted immediately by the sharks here.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by pocohantas(f): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I've been in Nigeria for three years continuously except for a short 2 weeks back in the USA. I am spotted immediately by the sharks here.

Lol. I do tell me loved ones from the abroad that they can easily be spotted, but una no dey gree. Thank you for this confirmation. grin

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Some of the things one takes for granted as cheap and cost effective are luxuries in naija

I opt for fisherman sandals as my slap about shoes. But when you are meeting with people wearing battered leather flip flops..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) / Strictly For People With Low Income Budget Who Want To Rent Apartments In Lagos / Just Buy And Build Now At Grandeur Estate Abijo GRA!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.