Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Casa Ava: The Finishing - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Casa Ava: The Finishing (31203 Views)

Thanks U God For The Finishing Of The Ondo Project Dat Was Done By Adedward / The Finishing Of Osun State Edifice By Rotech77 / The Finishing Of Gateway Contemporary Duplex By Rotech77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. I do tell me loved ones from the abroad that they can easily be spotted, but una no dey gree. Thank you for this confirmation. grin

People that tell me say no be only yankee I come from but west coast.

We’re very intelligent in this country.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by somehow: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

This country can never be organised as we're too far gone. Unfortunately we'll just have to learn to exist within the reality where we found each other.

Only the military can bring a resemblance of order to this country and they too have their own issues. We're simply ungovernable yet. We were not ready for independence. The British handed Ferrari car keys to Marwa drivers.

Very unpopular statement that I wholeheartedly support.

Even with bad military regime, only a few misbehave in government but in this demo madness, almost everyone seems to misbehave!

3 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2022
somehow:

Very unpopular statement that I wholeheartedly support.

Even with bad military regime, only a few misbehave in government but in this demo madness, almost everyone seems to misbehave!

Many of the things we enjoyed today occured during the various military regimes. And those guys were young too. 20’s, 30’s, 40’s.

Now we have geriatric great grandfather’s running for President.

Sigh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by somehow: 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Many of the things we enjoyed today occured during the various military regimes. And those guys were young too. 20’s, 30’s, 40’s.

Now we have geriatric great grandfather’s running for President.

Sigh.

True sir and millions stealing from the private sectors to the public sectors.

I pray I don't move out laslas.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by conceptbiz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
What can we do to fix the problems for those people still willing to come back home?

I have people that came back to settle in Naija from the UK / US and they are still here 2 and 4 years on. I guess they are the lucky ones grin grin

It’s easy for us to blame everything on the government. We have colossal problems as a nation. Prayers alone can't help us.

Thanks

Aji

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
conceptbiz:
What can we do to fix the problems for those people still willing to come back home?

I have people that came back to settle in Naija from the UK / US and they are still here 2 and 4 years on. I guess they are the lucky ones grin grin

It’s easy for us to blame everything on the government. We have colossal problems as a nation. Prayers alone can't help us.

Thanks

Aji

It depends on the lifecycle and lifestyle of the returnee.

Personally I wouldn’t and didn’t come back to Nigeria to hustle. Yes I do some specific business but it’s at my pleasure and I’ve been blessed with even keeled customers.

So if you are a retired returnee like me then there’s a significant and natural buffer in place between that person and the typical naija stuff.

Don’t be dissuaded by my specific complaints because they’re really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. I hate to paint a bad picture of things. But there’s a desperation in the land that can’t be ignored.

It’s actually interesting that I don’t have an issue mostly with the government as much as I have with individuals. The government can be crazy. When I shipped my truck in December last year the clearing was supposed to be N1.8M. I paid N4.2M in June when it finally arrived because of overnight policy change by the government. Lots of abandoned vehicles at the port due to this.

Anyways, let those in the diaspora come back home but come to create employment not seek employment.

Also have your house completed, a good SUV in place, a well funded account and have fun.

13 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by ipobcannibals: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Personally I wouldn’t and didn’t come back to Nigeria to hustle. Yes I do some specific business but it’s at my pleasure and I’ve been blessed with even keeled customers.

So if you are a retired returnee like me then there’s a significant and natural buffer in place between that person and the typical naija stuff.

Don’t be dissuaded by my specific complaints because they’re really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. I hate to paint a bad picture of things. But there’s a desperation in the land that can’t be ignored.

It’s actually interesting that I don’t have an issue mostly with the government as much as I have with individuals. The government can be crazy. When I shipped my truck in December last year the clearing was supposed to be N1.8M. I paid N4.2M in June when it finally arrived because of overnight policy change by the government. Lots of abandoned vehicles at the port due to this.

Anyways, let those in the diaspora come back home but come to create employment not seek employment.

Also have your house completed, a good SUV in place, a well funded account and have fun.
God bless you sir for the bolded statement! This is what I have always argued with other Nigerians in abroad. They will always tell you that before they can come back, the government should fix the place….I then wonder if they learnt anything in that overseas they live in.
Initially they went overseas because abroad was fixed and now they are also wanting government to fix Nigeria before they can return. So basically, they are ‘food is ready type of people’….not ready to help in fixing anything, rather they are scavengers.
I have said there tons of things every Nigerian with access to little capital can do in terms of small business that creates jobs, even if it’s 1 or 2 persons you hire/employ.
Small business is the engine room of most developed economies.
The role of government, though they failed in this aspect is to provide enabling environment for business to thrive, especially cheap sources of energy. We need our petrol and diesel to be sold under 150 naira so as to make other things cheaper. This we can achieve by making our local refineries work. No need importing fuel from overseas with our little forex.

4 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
ipobcannibals:
God bless you sir for the bolded statement! This is what I have always argued with other Nigerians in abroad. They will always tell you that before they can come back, the government should fix the place….I then wonder if they learnt anything in that overseas they live in.
Initially they went overseas because abroad was fixed and now they are also wanting government to fix Nigeria before they can return. So basically, they are ‘food is ready type of people’….not ready to help in fixing anything, rather they are scavengers.
I have said there tons of things every Nigerian with access to little capital can do in terms of small business that creates jobs, even if it’s 1 or 2 persons you hire/employ.
Small business is the engine room of most developed economies.
The role of government, though they failed in this aspect is to provide enabling environment for business to thrive, especially cheap sources of energy. We need our petrol and diesel to be sold under 150 naira so as to make other things cheaper. This we can achieve by making our local refineries work. No need importing fuel from overseas with our little forex.

I am EgunMogaji and I approve the message above.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Sofrosh(f): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2022
Please I need a loan of 40k please guys, I'm going to return it by the end of this month.

Reason being that, I need it for an emergency eye operation to reduce the pressure on my eyes caused by Glaucoma. The pains is quite severe and is causing me headache on one side of my brain.

All necessary documents for verification is available, just so you know I'm not trying to scam anybody. I have exhausted all my money on medications and eyes and I will really appreciate whatever help you choose to render to me please.

I live in Uyo, just incase anyone needs physical verification and all.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by InvertedHammer: 3:28am On Nov 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

/
Nigeria could be fun but one has to find way to insulate himself from the 90% madness. In my case, I travel to Nigeria about 3x every year. I don't go out unless it is very necessary. No interstate road travel (if it is not airport to airport, I ain't going).

The nicer you are to folks especially artisans, the more likely they will treat you badly. To survive, your presence must instil fear. If you must kill a fly, use a hammer to ensure that it is dead. Kindness is often mistaken for weakness. Don't be deceived with the name of Jesus or God.

Coming from the western world, you see the standard of living and suffering, then your human milk of kindness starts flowing--that's the trap. Your biggest problem in Nigeria will come from those that you have shown the most kindness to. I became a regular customer to the State C.I.D as the complainant. Nowadays I am living happily ever after once I realized that it is pointless saving people that don't want to be saved.

Since Nigerians want scatter Nigeria, make all of us join hand scatter am. Who complains first loses! cool

/

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by toyeoye(m): 5:39am On Nov 19, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Nigeria could be fun but one has to find way to insulate himself from the 90% madness. In my case, I travel to Nigeria about 3x every year. I don't go out unless it is very necessary. No interstate road travel (if it is not airport to airport, I ain't going).

The nicer you are to folks especially artisans, the more likely they will treat you badly. To survive, your presence must instil fear. If you must kill a fly, use a hammer to ensure that it is dead. Kindness is often mistaken for weakness. Don't be deceived with the name of Jesus or God.

Coming from the western world, you see the standard of living and suffering, then your human milk of kindness starts flowing--that's the trap. Your biggest problem in Nigeria will come from those that you have shown the most kindness to. I became a regular customer to the State C.I.D as the complainant. Nowadays I am living happily ever after once I realized that it is pointless saving people that don't want to be saved.

Since Nigerians want scatter Nigeria, make all of us join hand scatter am. Who complains first loses! cool

/

Na Naija I dey abeg never scatter am...You can show kindness (humanity) with no strings attached and still be firm and instil fear (if needed, I will say respected). This works well in my dealings and watch your artisans increase output. E no dey work all the time because some people get plenty issues but since there was no string attached and your kindness was free with no expectations, you move on.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Oloshi83: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Really nice all round. Can you please share what brand/type of tiles you used throughout?

EgunMogaji2:
Current status. Hopefully painting will start this week and finish carpentry shortly after or concurrently.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 2:17am On Jan 06, 2023
Oloshi83:
Really nice all round. Can you please share what brand/type of tiles you used throughout?

It’s a mix but all locally made. CDK, etc
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by KIDfurniture(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2023
Thank God for life.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Oloshi83: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thank you

EgunMogaji2:

It’s a mix but all locally made. CDK, etc
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
FEGEITOK:
There is a new offering from Airtel, posted
New to me, as in my customer care officer in Airtel sent it to me this morning.

What do you think of it? Haven't tried it yet, might do so next month

How does this compare to Starlink?
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

How does this compare to Starlink?

No idea. As I will not be a subscriber until June 2023.

I believe Starlink will be better.

I have Glo 4G, MTN 4G, MTN 5G, Airtel 4G.

This week I attempted to conduct training and when all 10 participants connected to my Glo MiFi, the network literally crashed.

I then switched to MTN 4G and the network still crawled.

Tried Airtel 4G same thing.

My reputation was on the line, as well as repeat business so I immediately got an MTN 5G, and I was rescued.

But this afternoon, after days and hours of flawless service, the MTN 5G network stopped responding.

It is working this evening.

I guess if you need 247 internet, you need redundant connectivity in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/7497485/one-week-review-starlink-nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
FEGEITOK:

No idea. As I will not be a subscriber until June 2023.

I believe Starlink will be better.

I have Glo 4G, MTN 4G, MTN 5G, Airtel 4G.

This week I attempted to conduct training and when all 10 participants connected to my Glo MiFi, the network literally crashed.

I then switched to MTN 4G and the network still crawled.

Tried Airtel 4G same thing.

My reputation was on the line, as well as repeat business so I immediately got an MTN 5G, and I was rescued.

But this afternoon, after days and hours of flawless service, the MTN 5G network stopped responding.

It is working this evening.

I guess if you need 247 internet, you need redundant connectivity in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/7497485/one-week-review-starlink-nigeria

If you are in Abuja swift/spectranet is cheaper per gb

Glo has no place in a business environment

Also I think you want to buy a proper desktop modem like a tplink or dlink.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
FEGEITOK:
There is a new offering from Airtel, posted
New to me, as in my customer care officer in Airtel sent it to me this morning.

What do you think of it? Haven't tried it yet, might do so next month

If you are doing it for a high speed connection you are likely to be disappointed. Swift had same and in the end the speed was simply not it. They all throw their mbps marketing at you, but once you are running a proper download manager you may find the actual speed is not up to 1mb/s.

Thats when your customer care person will tell you it is a tiered plan.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

If you are in Abuja swift/spectranet is cheaper per gb

Glo has no place in a business environment

Also I think you want to buy a proper desktop modem like a tplink or dlink.

Instead of the laptop's built in wifi?

Do you mean the endpoint or do you mean the wireless router?
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

If you are doing it for a high speed connection you are likely to be disappointed. Swift had same and in the end the speed was simply not it. They all throw their mbps marketing at you, but once you are running a proper download manager you may find the actual speed is not up to 1mb/s.

Thats when your customer care person will tell you it is a tiered plan.

I found out that all those 4G and 5G are shared plans.

If you want proper speeds and a dedicated connection, you need to go to the MNO office in person and sign certain forms and they will mount a point-to-point radio on your premises.

Then and only then will you get the advertised speeds consistentl

That works for the office, but what if you need such speeds in the field?
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Instead of the laptop's built in wifi?

Do you mean the endpoint or do you mean the wireless router?

The wireless router

I beleive it will do a much better job. Also you can connect it to a second router.

That's the basic set up I have at home.

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by FEGEITOK: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The wireless router

I believe it will do a much better job. Also you can connect it to a second router.

That's the basic set up I have at home.

If I remember correctly, you imported these since you don't trust the MNO's devices.

Thanks.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by GloriousGbola: 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
FEGEITOK:

If I remember correctly, you imported these since you don't trust the MNO's devices.

Thanks.

Nah, I bought them here.

Just enter tplink jiji in Google search.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Olumighty123(m): 3:25am On Feb 09, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
Pic1: Introduced my plumber to a multi tool.

Pic2: Central courtyard. I can finally start thinking about building an outside kitchen.

Pic3: A carpenters attempt at an office desk. I give it an F minus.

Pic4: I hate doing rework but sometimes it’s inevitable.

Nice one sir, I was wondering how you planned on chanelling the roof water down to the gutter outside, plus I see no roof gutter.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 7:57am On Feb 09, 2023
Olumighty123:

Nice one sir, I was wondering how you planned on chanelling the roof water down to the gutter outside, plus I see no roof gutter.

I actually like the natural sound of rain water falling. I only have rain gutter on my BQ because the run off was hitting and damaging the fence.

For the courtyard I have high strength 4” drain pipes buried underground.

Thanks.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 8:14am On Jul 02, 2023
The devil is a liar.

It’s not only important to give the job to the right contractor but it’s equally important that he brings on experienced assistants. Also equally important are the tools. Something as simple as using correct crimper tool would have averted this near disaster. Cable inside a socket was stripped too long and eventually made contact with neutral line which passed current via water heater pipes.

I’ve personally read of three deaths this year while in shower, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h_0dZhOsxE
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by twinskenny(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
The devil is a liar.

It’s not only important to give the job to the right contractor but it’s equally important that he brings on experienced assistants. Also equally important are the tools. Something as simple as using correct crimper tool would have averted this near disaster. Cable inside a socket was stripped too long and eventually made contact with neutral line which passed current via water heater pipes.

Damn hope no one is injured…

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2023
twinskenny:

Damn hope no one is injured…

What saved my family is the ineptitude of IBEDC that only provides 80-110volts to my area. If it was 240volts then it would have been a different story.

Is there a device that’ll protect this because it did not trip the breakers since nice it was on neutral wire.

Thanks Kenny.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by gbadexy(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

What saved my family is the ineptitude of IBEDC that only provides 80-110volts to my area. If it was 240volts then it would have been a different story.

Is there a device that’ll protect this because it did not trip the breakers since nice it was on neutral wire.

Thanks Kenny.
Thank God you and your family sir. I thought it was just a random YouTube video.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by toyeoye(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
The devil is a liar.

This is scary! Can it make the water coming out from the tap shock someone?

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by twinskenny(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
toyeoye:

This is scary! Can it make the water coming out from the tap shock someone?

Yes of cause!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) / Strictly For People With Low Income Budget Who Want To Rent Apartments In Lagos / Just Buy And Build Now At Grandeur Estate Abijo GRA!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.