Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index (6194 Views)

Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr / VP Osinbajo Leads Nigerian Delegation To World Economic Forum In South Africa / Pictures From World Economic Forum In South-Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 5:43pm On May 13, 2011
THE TRUTH ABOUT WORLD BANK AND IMF

In as much as we all know that Leadership deficiency and Corruption Menace have kept Nigeria in the abyss of underdevelopment.
However, let us look beyond the figures and vague indices been reeled out by World Bank and IMF.
How come it is these same bodies that approached the CBN Governor recently to pressurize him to devalue our Naira that are telling the world that we slipped in Economic ranking when in the same period a crisis ridden Eqypt at the time under consideration was not affected based on their cooked up reports?

Look at their Mandates:

The World Bank and IMF
"We are made up of two unique development institutions owned by 185 member countries. We provide low-interest loans, interest-free credits and grants to developing countries for a wide array of purposes that include investments in education, health, public administration, infrastructure, financial and private sector development, agriculture, and environmental and natural resource management."
-- World Bank Website

"The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 185 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world."
-- IMF Website

HEAR THIS:
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. Th[b]e other is by debt[/b]."
-- John Adams, Second President of the United States

THIS IS THE CONFESSION OF ONE OF THEIR OWN (John Perkins is the author of a former bestselling book, Confessions of an Economic Hitman (a true story). This quote was taken from an interview he did which you can view on YouTube).

"The fact of the matter is our job was to convince other countries to take very large loans [given by the World Bank],  Let's say a billion dollars to Ecuador to build big infrastructure projects: power plants, ports, highways, industrial parks. Things that didn't benefit anybody except the very wealthy people in those countries who were quite corrupt, and we corrupted them,  90% of that billion dollars would come back to the United States to pay for Halliburton, Bechtel, these types of companies to build the infrastructure.
Then the country would be stuck with this huge debt, which over time would continue to be refinanced and get larger and larger and larger. So that in fact today Ecuador owes more than 50% of its national budget just to pay down its debt service which means there's very little money left to pay for education and health services for the poor people who are the ones who suffer from these projects. It was their rivers that were destroyed when we built these hydro-electric plants, it was their land that was destroyed, 
Now they're saddled with this incredible debt that they can't possibly pay. And so we go in and demand our pound of flesh, very much like the mafia,  We need Ecuador's oil,  We tell Ecuador, 'Since you can't pay off your loans, what you need to do is to turn over your Amazon to our oil companies,  What it is all about is building empire. We've done this in every country around the world that has resources that we covet, often this is oil in places like Indonesia, Nigeria, Ecuador, Venezuela, and. Colombia. But sometimes its other resources, for example in Panama it was the Panama Canal. "
-- John Perkins

Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by xtremeidea(m): 5:48pm On May 13, 2011
[size=20pt]Interesting[/size]
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 6:20pm On May 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Hear another confession of Joseph E. Stiglitz  on the WITCH-CRAFT OF WORLD-BANK (in 2001 just after quitting his job at the World Bank) [/size]

"As the chief economist at the World Bank from 1997 to 2000, I have seen firsthand the dark side of globalization; ,  how so-called structural-adjustment loans to some of the poorest countries in the world 'restructured' those countries' economies so as to eliminate jobs, but did not provide the means of creating new ones, leading to widespread unemployment and cuts in basic services,  The voices of those most affected by globalization are barely audible in discussions about how the table should be reshaped and show should have a seat at it."

No wonder Dr. Susan George once asked:
"What is the difference between Tanzania and Goldman Sachs? Tanzania is a country which has a gross national product of $2.2 billion and shares it between 25 million people. Goldman Sachs is an investment firm which has annual profits of $2.2 billion dollars and shares them among 161 partners. That's the world we're living in now"
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Greycells(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2011
You guys are on point. That is why countries in d middle east despise the western culture. It is a mercenary culture.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 6:34pm On May 13, 2011
See their grand strategy:
Some believe that the Third World Debt is actually UNPAYABLE. Why?

When the World Bank makes a loan to a third world nation, a large portion of the loan actually goes to the US corporations and the other large international corporations that are sent in to build the infrastructure that the loan was made for. This means the money of the loan never even goes into the economy of the country that receives the loan. If the debt money is never put into their economy, much less the interest to pay the debt, how can they ever pay it back?
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 6:37pm On May 13, 2011
MY CONCLUSION:

Many third world countries have recently found themselves in debt to the World Bank and IMF. Like all other banks the World Bank creates loans out of nothing, and then when the countries cannot repay the loans it demands that these countries give up their real resources in exchange.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Greycells(m): 6:45pm On May 13, 2011
enyojo:

[b][size=11pt]SO WHEN NEXT YOU WONDER WHY OSAMA BIN LADEN (A MAN TRAINED BY AMERICANS) IS TREATED AS A HERO BY HIS PEOPLE FOR TARGETING HIS 9-11 ATTACKS ON THE WORLD TRADE CENTER, YOU SHOULD HAVE A GLIMPSE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING

i don't think terrorism is the best approach though simply because Pickin where throw stone inside market, na im mama the stone go meet.

Thank you for not justifying terrorism.

In fact, the arabs see Europe and American imperialism as the real terror to the well being of other races.

They say western culture is the anti-christ (Dajjal).
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 13, 2011
Abeg,
I was with you until you used the bad example of Osama Bin Laden.

That one is a nutcase.

Osama blew up 300 innocent kenyans just to kill a few Americans , and he was not fighting America because of its imperialism, but due to a jihad or holy war.

So very bad example iam afraid undecided

enyojo:

[b]

SO WHEN NEXT YOU WONDER WHY OSAMA BIN LADEN (A MAN TRAINED BY AMERICANS) IS TREATED AS A HERO BY HIS PEOPLE FOR TARGETING HIS 9-11 ATTACKS ON THE WORLD TRADE CENTER, YOU SHOULD HAVE A GLIMPSE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING

i don't think terrorism is the best approach though simply because Pickin where throw stone inside market, na im mama the stone go meet.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 13, 2011
Hmmmm. . .
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by ak47mann(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2011
NIGERIA IS NOT MEANT TO BE A COUNTRY sad sad WITH ALL THESE KILLINGS AND INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION  . INVESTORS WILL NEVER COME TO THAT COUNTRY WHAT A SHAME cool cool THEY SHOULD SACK THE NIGERIAN GOVT AND WE CAN START AGAIN FROM FRESH NONSENCE angry angry
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 13, 2011
This is why we should see Gen Buhari as a hero, because when they told him to devalue the Naira amongst other harmful tings for us, he told them to buzz off.

Another notable African hero who refused to dance to tune of IMF is Mugabe.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by zstranger: 7:05pm On May 13, 2011
enyojo:

MY CONCLUSION:

Many third world countries have recently found themselves in debt to the World Bank and IMF. Like all other banks the World Bank creates loans out of nothing, and then when the countries cannot repay the loans it demands that these countries give up their real resources in exchange.

Can you please provide a link to your 'quoted' posts?

Please it is really important. Some of the things you posted are really interesting, but then again, we need to guard against conspiracy theorists and theory that are made by air-heads seeking attention/notoriety.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Katsumoto: 7:10pm On May 13, 2011
enyojo:

MY CONCLUSION:

Great Britain received a loan from the IMF in 1976. Greece and Ireland received loans from the IMF/EU in 2010; Portugal received its loan from the same institutions only 2 weeks ago. The point is that countries who don't manage their resources very well end up at the IMF or World Bank. It isn't just 3rd world countries that go to the IMF/World Bank.

Also, Both Brazil and Argentina defaulted on their loans in the 80s and nothing happened. Instead, they focused on developing their economies with Brazil now one of the countries with the strongest growth in the world.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Innundate: 7:26pm On May 13, 2011
I'm not surprised at all. I think a lot of that has got to do with our national image sad
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by zstranger: 7:27pm On May 13, 2011
enyojo:

MY CONCLUSION:

Found it!

http://secret-of-life.org/the-World-Bank-and-IMF
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 13, 2011
enyojo:

MY CONCLUSION:

um . . , but isn't that how a bank works . . . I mean from the very conception of the idea?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by 1025: 7:45pm On May 13, 2011
this is just the beginning. why we no go drop when our president is busy buying yacht and 3 aircraft. pdp was busy spending 100s of millions on daily basis in the name of campaign. we never start. we are heading to the last spot. unfortunately, many of us here supported pdp and some other imbeciles will never say a word on this kind of issues.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by OAM4J: 7:45pm On May 13, 2011
Interesting!
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 13, 2011
i told beaf, and co, we will drop economically, our naira, will be greatly devalued, do you know what he told me? he said sanusi and co will handle with, dont worry.

hahaha, it not een up to 3 weeks or 4 weeks after election it is happening already, smh, i wish they had just listened
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 13, 2011
seun and co, that was supporting pdp self, went their and post this thing on the front page ehn?
why make we dey pity una say una vote pdp ni?
hahaha una neva see anything o, oh well i have my green card, oya i dey laugh
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by kasiem(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2011
Nigeria needs to up their game in the area of agricultural production and exportation with this their fadama programme, so we can see the viability of having an alternative to our economic generation. Government should invest more in the agric sector to lure the youths into taking agric related courses in their area of learning.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by tpia5: 9:00pm On May 13, 2011
not sure why this is news.

which position did the country drop from, not that it matters.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 13, 2011
Lets clap for Jonathan.

Fresh air!!

cheesy
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 9:17pm On May 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

Abeg,
I was with you until you used the bad example of Osama Bin Laden.

That one is a nutcase.

Osama blew up 300 innocent kenyans just to kill a few Americans , and he was not fighting America because of its imperialism, but due to a jihad or holy war.

So very bad example iam afraid undecided

Apologies. I withdraw it back.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 9:21pm On May 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

um . . , but isn't that how a bank works . . . I mean from the very conception of the idea?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Yes. That is the principle that made the few banking lords become Billionaires while it rendered shareholders and the poor depositors and the vulnerable 'micro' stocks buyers highly indebted and poorer.
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 9:22pm On May 13, 2011
zstranger:

Found it!

http://secret-of-life.org/the-World-Bank-and-IMF

Then u are a freelance researcher like me.

If you have time, check through their articles and videos. They are great!!!
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 9:27pm On May 13, 2011
Donlittle:

seun and co, that was supporting pdp self, went their and post this thing on the front page ehn?
why make we dey pity una say una vote pdp ni?
hahaha una neva see anything o, oh well i have my green card, oya i dey laugh

FOWL NYASH DON EXPOSE, SO NO HIDDING PLACE FOR THEM GEJ FANATICS. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 9:29pm On May 13, 2011
Donlittle:

i told beaf, and co, we will drop economically, our naira, will be greatly devalued, do you know what he told me? he said sanusi and co will handle with, dont worry.

hahaha, it not een up to 3 weeks or 4 weeks after election it is happening already, smh, i wish they had just listened

Rolling on the floor!!
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by enyojo(f): 9:31pm On May 13, 2011
1025:

this is just the beginning. why we no go drop when our president is busy buying yacht and 3 aircraft. pdp was busy spending 100s of millions on daily basis in the name of campaign. we never start. we are heading to the last spot. unfortunately, many of us here supported pdp and some other imbeciles will never say a word on this kind of issues.
tongue

[size=20pt]Fresh Air 2011![/size]   cool

just like Beaf and co do it
Re: Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2011
FRESH AIR

Its too early to moan, We just start na, We have 4 more years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Governor Murtala Nyako Impeached by Adamawa House of Assembly / Robert Desmond, APC Chieftain Kidnapped In Bayelsa / Enugu: Gov. Ugwuanyi Sets New Agenda For Robust Economic Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.