Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (64436 Views)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Chris Oyakhilome When Christ Embassy Started In 1987(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Halle000: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2021
The Founder Of Winners Church Has Replied To The Reason Why He Sacked His Pastor In His Ministries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBWhuX1LzB4
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Mofe72: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2021
dapadawee:

Hatred...
When non of a man's generation have ever tasted glory it's normal to hate any successful person
Why should a successful man come out to hurl insults at seemingly ‘unsuccessful’ people. Success is relative to different humans. No pastor has the monopoly over success.

Because a man is doing a blue collar job, you automatically assume he is not as successful as a billionaire/millionaire. But every other day we hear how wealthy people commit suicide or end up in terrible situations.

Success is in fulfilling life’s purpose, it’s not acquiring some elevated social status.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by majorbravo: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2021
Why mock people who are trying to survive? What has Nigeria offered youths of today that you would say they were greedy for travelling abroad? What of those called by God to relocate like Abraham? What about the Great Commision for us to go into the world preaching and baptising people of all nations. Are all the people who slave away in America there cos of greed? What of those who are there to covert souls? Or do Americans too not deserve the kingdom of God? Which of Jesus’s disciples lived in Luxury while spreading the word of God like you do today? Even His earthly father was a Carpenter. Many evangelists abroad preach for free and work the so-called slave jobs to survive, while you live off tithes meant for the Levites (when you aren’t one yourself). When will this pastor(s) learn to focus on the kingdom of God and not mundane earthly things of the heathen?

Is this man truly a man of God? I have suspected this man right from the day I saw him physically abuse a little girl in his church with a dirty slap.

21 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by 8stargeneral: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2021
And people are been slavery under u..inukwa.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Victorclean1: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2021
By that time Nigeria is very stable. Things were cheaper.

If it's now, big pastor, you must move

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Petersamuel8(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
you dont want people to be slaves abroad but you rather they stay in Nigeria and be slaves to men like you, abi?!
narrow minded state of mind from people who only care about their own pockets... whether abroad or in Nigeria, people should look for their happiness wherever they desire, and so long as they aint doing anything wrong/illegal or against the law to care for their family, these fake men of god should be happy for these people instead of looking down on them.

these men always read the bible backwards in order that it fits their deluded agenda!!!
A foolish comment indeed, so the the Europeans you're doing slavery to not men like you
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Chisaedhor: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2021
NoobWriter:
if you have any articles or writings and you are looking for a writer to help write it then don't hesitate to quote me

Do you mean SEO (search Engine Optimized) articles??

If yes then we deal
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Raalsalghul: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2021
am4truth:

You are ignorant of the ways of God... In your own interest, you better desist from criticizing the men of God. Ask Aaron, Mariam, and more in the Bible..

Honestly, Oyedepo's utterances are sometimes insensitive and insulting at the same time.

5 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by lordally(m): 9:17am On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I've had several opportunities to do so.

First one I was willing to go but then all of a sudden, I just found myself later rejecting the offer. I don't even know what really came over me then.

Another was when I had begun to walk at the level of the Spirit. It was in the early noughties when i was given an opportunity to relocate to Minnesota sometime in 2003, but I declined because by then my orientation had changed.

Although things weren't going fine, I had this strong belief that things would change, and that I was meant to be a part of the solution, so I just couldn't abandon Nigeria to go elsewhere, because I believed Nigeria needed me here.

At the time, I didn't know much about what i was doing, but over the years, I have come to realize that my decisions were actually Spirit-led, because I'm one of those that God planned to use to birth a new Nigeria He'd use to shake and shock the world, and let the world know that He's the Lord of all the Earth.

That's why when people see a hopeless situation, I see a huge opportunity for God. When people see chaos, i see the storm before a great calm. When people see a nation that cannot survive the present crises, i see a nation that would emerge from it the better. When people see a dead nation, I see a nation that would rise again, because I believe in God, and that which is impossible with men is possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

God bless.

In Summary you ended up not making any point O!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by watchindelta(m): 9:17am On Jul 25, 2021
Broveens42:
So when someone says he refused to go to the U S in 1987 don't get carried away. Your question should be. What was Nigeria economy like then?
How much was the value of One dollar in naira?..
This pastor is becoming a comedian

grin
I tired oh 1987 Nigeria is not so fuckup like so na. Fear this ppl.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by stayclearofme: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2021
Bobbyunitedfc:

I tire for my fellow Nigerians, the hate in men of God is so alarming and scary as if they are the reasons for the chaos in the country right now..
We are just transferring aggressions on the pastors in this country, they ain't the reason why u broke...
Go and get a job!!
What is this one saying? .....

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2021
Broveens42:
So when someone says he refused to go to the U S in 1987 don't get carried away. Your question should be. What was Nigeria economy like then?

grin

This is the smartest sentence I’ve read since morning. Gods blessings on you, Bros.

Your in-depth thinking will open doors for you.

The rest of y’all defending this foolish talk, before 1984 - 1990, naira was exchanging par to par with the dollar.

7 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by watchindelta(m): 9:19am On Jul 25, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....
is this real bro undecided sacrifice form
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Raalsalghul: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2021
TrueNigerian300:
Yet...the fool has a church there collecting tithes from the same people he is shaming. Is it not from the same slavery jobs the Nigerians who attend his church there are paying tithe?

I tire for the guy as if he doesn't have members abroad who give to the ministry.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Chubhie: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
The man's got jokes.....
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by toffyz(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Broveens42:

grin

God bless you for this comment bro

Nigeria was quite doing well economically during that period, and people might think it would get even better then.
His decision could be taken by any sane person that time.

3 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by temitope27(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
desiredhome:

Na them cause am.....poverty and inferiority complex......
Nigerians have seen/made themselves slaves, so they can't reason/think for themselves.....
most especially igbos grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by dapadawee: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Mofe72:
Why should a successful man come out to hurl insults at seemingly ‘unsuccessful’ people. Success is relative to different humans. No pastor has the monopoly over success.

Because a man is doing a blue collar job, you automatically assume he is not as successful as a billionaire/millionaire. But every other day we hear how wealthy people commit suicide or end up in terrible situations.

Success is in fulfilling life’s purpose, it’s not acquiring some elevated social status.
The man of God was simply preaching the word of God as duty demand. He said seek God's opinion before making any move. So anyone that have problem with that simple admonition is not normal
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Karemarealty288(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by stayclearofme: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Honestly, Oyedepo's utterances are sometimes insensitive and insulting at the same time.
The man is very arrogant and he talks like a child.

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by iramure(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Thank god you refused to go. Otheriwse, maybe by now you would be driving taxi because there would not be opportunities to open your plenty business and scamming centres. They are very well civilised and will know how to tame you excesses there. So go and do thanks giving for that and as usual collect Thanksgiving offering once again.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by lastempero: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I've had several opportunities to do so.

First one I was willing to go but then all of a sudden, I just found myself later rejecting the offer. I don't even know what really came over me then.

Another was when I had begun to walk at the level of the Spirit. It was in the early noughties when i was given an opportunity to relocate to Minnesota sometime in 2003, but I declined because by then my orientation had changed.

Although things weren't going fine, I had this strong belief that things would change, and that I was meant to be a part of the solution, so I just couldn't abandon Nigeria to go elsewhere, because I believed Nigeria needed me here.

At the time, I didn't know much about what i was doing, but over the years, I have come to realize that my decisions were actually Spirit-led, because I'm one of those that God planned to use to birth a new Nigeria He'd use to shake and shock the world, and let the world know that He's the Lord of all the Earth.

That's why when people see a hopeless situation, I see a huge opportunity for God. When people see chaos, i see the storm before a great calm. When people see a nation that cannot survive the present crises, i see a nation that would emerge from it the better. When people see a dead nation, I see a nation that would rise again, because I believe in God, and that which is impossible with men is possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

God bless.

Anybody that refuses such offer had a better option at hand no be by faith brother.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Orpe7(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2021
When u have a plan to set up a business like LFC why u go wan relocate
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Eriokanmi: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2021
I'm on oyedepo's side on this. I took same bold step but never regretted it. I'm an embodiment of God's favour and grace. Shebi we go the America sef, but I chose to return home after my program. I don't know if the highest earning Nigerian living overseas can match me in revenues monthly. I give them money each time I go America. Ordinary 100 dollar is like giving them millions. I had shared stories of my life and that of my uncle who used to work at Walmart in the past as stores officer. He shunned the flashy lifestyles over there and came back home, to introduce a solar inverter manufactured by trace engineering, USA which later became Xantrex. His friends booed him, they said village people had come calling, that he's been bewitched. This man today is a billionaire. He had a major leap in his business when the atm revolution erupted in Nigeria, he became favourite of old generation banks including the CBN for installation of inverters to power all their atms nationwide. Na foreigners like Indians for chop the whole money clean mouth, come pay our graduates employed with peanut.

Nigeria is a land of honey and milk. Na those in government God go punish for discouraging foreign investors from coming in through their selfish ends. Where I've stepped my feet into, none of our leaders' children had had the opportunity to reach, in their entire life. I've been with Barak Obama, courtesy my profession in DAR Hall( Daughters of American Revolution Hall) near the white House in DC.

Do we have challenges? Yes, we do. Are they surmoutable? Yes they are. Buhari can't be in government forever. If pool comes to shove, we break up and we bear our fathers' names . We can still work together as neighbours in areas where each has a comparative advantage. I have a friend who had his masters and PhD in a university in NC, where he lives. Recently, I saw him posting tokunbo cars on his status for sale...an associate Prof selling used cars...what a life! Back home he'd be an oga in one of our universities where his service would be appreciated.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by temitope27(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....
look at what u re typing, see what you said to a man God, o de beru olorun

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by timesup234: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
stayclearofme:

Hahaha see this slowpoke! And you have to generalize?... You are not different from the mumu pastor. You just pick your phone to post rubbish! How about millions of Nigerians who are doing well abroad... You that is in Nigeria Buhari hardship never depress you? Olodo!
No Nigerian is doing well abroad..not a single one. They are all frustrated, depressed, poor while slaving their lives away chasing mirage. Back in Nigerian we have over 80million living the Nigerian dream which upper middle class American can only dream of

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by dazzlingd(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
Mumu man, not everybody can be a con artist
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Halle000: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
you dont want people to be slaves abroad but you rather they stay in Nigeria and be slaves to men like you, abi?!
narrow minded state of mind from people who only care about their own pockets... whether abroad or in Nigeria, people should look for their happiness wherever they desire, and so long as they aint doing anything wrong/illegal or against the law to care for their family, these fake men of god should be happy for these people instead of looking down on them.

these men always read the bible backwards in order that it fits their deluded agenda!!!

NIGERIANS HAVE STOPPED PAYING TITHES AND OFFERINGS THAT'S WHY THESE SONS OF MEN ARE RANTING.

IN ABROAD , THE LAND OF PLENTY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH AND THEY GET SERVED WITH FOOD AND PLENTY TO EAT AND TAKE HOME.

IN AFRICAN THE LAND OF FEW , THEY TAKE THE LITTLE FROM THE MEMBERS BY FORCE AND STILL TREAT THEM LIKE SLAVES

JESUS SAID LET THEIR BE PLENTY IN MY HOUSE'' TO GIVE THE POOR AND THE NEEDY''

WAKE UP PEOPLE .

3 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by fedundiran(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
chrisanderson99:
If you want to do scalable business, stay in Nigeria.
If you want to build your career, move abroad and settle.

Building a scalable business is building your career

4 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by lordally(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
timesup234:
For the first time I am going to support him. Nigerians abroad are slaves. They work like dogs. They are all depressed and need to be locked up in a mental institution

Your comments one this issue is wrong and baseless! Any Nigerian who moves abroad with a skill shouldn't regrets it

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by elonmuskbaby: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

brown as much as I respect your worldview to a lot of issues on this I will disagree with you because

WOULDN'T YOU RATHER BE A KING IN YOUR VILLAGE THAN BE A 2ND CLASS CITIZEN OR SLAVE IN A MANSION?

In another man's land you'll always be a guest or "not part of us just living with us" and will be treated as such.

Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad.you run away and leave the mess created by everybody.yes I sad everybody because no Nigerian is exempted from all the madness going on in Nigeria on a daily basis to another man's land but the menace is still there,yet you run to another person's house that has taken time,sweat, labour pain and even lives to fix their country.

Now imagine if every country had the myopic mind of Nigerian leaders and every country was as messed up as nigeria ,where you go see run? Won't you be forced to sit down and collectively agree to fix the mess?

Nigeria is bad because some people think they still had alternative.if I was American,France, Germany or Japan's president I will show every Nigerian tough love.i will close the borders and tell them you made your shiii,go and fix it.if you don't fix it Don't come back here.you will see how Nigerians will speedily fix up the nonsense.i believe Nigerians are intelligent, creative and daring when it comes to wickedness.if they channel such same energy into the development and sanity of the country,trust me, within Less than 5 years what seemed impossible will become very possible.

Just look at how Nigerians are breaking boundaries and doing a lot of exploits positively for the advancement of another Mandy country,you think if he does that here nigeria will not be a better place and a country to be proud of?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by luckaz(m): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2021
Where does he go to when he is sick?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.