Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (64452 Views)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Chris Oyakhilome When Christ Embassy Started In 1987(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Casalee(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2021
Perharps, we all should establish a church.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by elonmuskbaby: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2021
Lukepeter:

Still myopic, why can't I be dissatisfy with my father house and leave the house to hustle and renovate to my taste for them, why do you equate leaving the house to abandoning the house? while you are busy managing the house by sweeping and mopping it (which is good) and your neighbour decide to leave his and source for resources elsewhere to renovate his dad property, what is wrong with that approach? I am not faulting your approach of sleeping and mopping so why do you find an issue with renovating?

Leaving one country doesn't equating abandoning, we have families and love ones back at home.
because your father's house is still your roots or where you're from.if I want to know who you really are,your fathers house/family will tell me about who you really are so the earlier you fix it,the better for you.ask me why

When other countries look at nigeria,not Nigerians in their country o,not nigeria from the Media's point of view but nigeria as a country itself they see chaos, lawlessness, wickedness,greed, poverty so no matter the exploits you do there,you will be seen with the lenses of where you're from that is why it is important to fix your father's house.other people fixed their fathers house that's why they're comfortable in their place and that's why other people can beg to stay with them .use your senses and look beyond your nose please
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by smartNerd: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2021
“You learn more from failure than from success.
Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” —
Unknown

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Mofe72: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2021
dapadawee:

The man of God was simply preaching the word of God as duty demand. He said seek God's opinion before making any move. So anyone that have problem with that simple admonition is not normal

I don’t have a problem with that advice. I have a problem with people pissing on the efforts of other people, forgetting that we all have different paths in life. God has a plan for everyone and not everyone will succeed as an employer of labour in their countries of birth (just like he has said about people relocating)
Because they’re struggling in multiple jobs today doesn’t mean they will struggle forever. It is this same Christianity that teaches us about trials and tribulations.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by desiredhome: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2021
Darkblood:

In countries like Norway, the Police has not killed anyone in 10yrs, in Denmark, Nowary, Finland there are no poor people, no one lives on less than 2 dollars a day, you get to Canada, Ireland, you are able to thrive, make money from your job or business and send money to Nigeria, good health in Germany, among other things in these countries, pls what had Nigeria got to offer an average hardworking citizen apart from hardship and evils acts from it's govt?
Please tell me since you believe Nigeria is a good country
What is the lifestyle of an average Nigerian compared to the other countries you mentioned? You can't give what you don't have....
Those countries have respect for themselves.... which is opposite of Nigeria....
An average Nigerian is selfish, greedy and careless of the next person..... that is why they are easily deceived/suffering......
When you start thinking positively with your brain then things will work out....

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by AsiwajuAdedapo(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2021
Yes let's talk you can send me a text on 08021207761, thanks. Will anticipate your response.
NoobWriter:
if you have any articles or writings and you are looking for a writer to help write it then don't hesitate to quote me
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by elonmuskbaby: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2021
CodeTemplar:
^^^
^^^
Haters will leave the people they elected and focus on God's elect. Your relationship with God's elect is mutual and voluntary so don't taik trash on this thread.
exactly.exactlt my brother

Only if Nigerians could have this same energy with their local government chairman, their senator, their law maker, their house of representatives member maybe, just maybe the last will feel that they owe us an explanation on how they run the affairs, maybe they'll explain to us how the constituency money was spent and what was allocated to who instead of always channeling their anger on the wrong person
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Adol84: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2021
adonainana:

Bro this is one of my worst nightmares, hustling in the UK like I am better off then after many years i realise, i was just paying bills and tax in another mans country for absolutely no reason. No one knows how future Nigeria is going to be, but i have a feeling Nigeria will never get better. Like just how the old people in 1980 kept complaining, those in 2021 too complaining , those in 2040 too will just about complain about how expensive things are. So, are you saying living in the UK may not help you achieve something back home? I know of some people who are living in the UK, but they are doing well. Though there are different destinies, people have different ways of working hard.

But i think having one leg in Nigeria and one leg outside Nigeria is just about the best. Look at the real estate situation in lekki right now. They no even born anyone doing menial jobs outside Nigeria to afford it but it is still being bought by both those at home and abroad who have extremely good wealth.

Wishing everyone the best in thier hustle ooo

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by tenpipsperday: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:
Who wouldn't want to stay in a country where one can open 100 churches in one area? undecided

Of course his church business won't thrive in US. The day Nigerian economy will improve so many churches will close shop. Most of what people go to church for here is already provided by government there.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Mofe72: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
The thing about this position, is that you project your insecurities about people judging you based on your country of birth unto others.

If people see Nigeria as messed up, do you really think it bothers every Nigerian in the same way. People will see what they want to see regardless. The sooner you realize that life is about finding fulfillment, the sooner you come to peace with whatever people’s opinions are about you.

Your position is also flawed because every country has emigrants for a medley of reasons, and every country has some level of negativity attached to them.

People see Americans as loud and ignorant.
People see the Chinese as brutal dictators
People see the British as being too traditional.
People see Russians as being racist and unwelcoming.
People see Nigerians as scammers.
People see Israelis as belligerent victim players.

Every nation’s citizens are seen through varying degrees of negativity and positivity. The sooner you learn to focus on your own life, the better.
elonmuskbaby:
because your father's house is still your roots or where you're from.if I want to know who you really are,your fathers house/family will tell me about who you really are so the earlier you fix it,the better for you.ask me why

When other countries look at nigeria,not Nigerians in their country o,not nigeria from the Media's point of view but nigeria as a country itself they see chaos, lawlessness, wickedness,greed, poverty so no matter the exploits you do there,you will be seen with the lenses of where you're from that is why it is important to fix your father's house.other people fixed their fathers house that's why they're comfortable in their place and that's why other people can beg to stay with them .use your senses and look beyond your nose please
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Glink2018(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Vireani79:

All this cos u are pained I don't worship ur god oyedepo with u

Omahe oh
Smh

You have the right to worship any gods of the land...including gods of stone and iron....and gods of python and cobra...

Stay away from any church and go into full voodoo, you have the right...but my quarrel with you is that don't use your god's given right to after another person god's given right .

I will be the last person to preach churches on this platform that is full of demonic people like you looking for innocent people to recruit with them.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Bankowner: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2021
cry cry grin

4 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Darkblood: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
Lol
What are you saying man?
Let us start from having responsible leaders first and some citizens stop supporting incompetent bastards out of greed and selfishness then maybe there is hope.
Most Nigerians as regards followrship already give their all, what do they get in return from useless leaders, little or nothing except hardship and killings
I rest my case
desiredhome:

What is the lifestyle of an average Nigerian compared to the other countries you mentioned? You can't give what you don't have....
Those countries have respect for themselves.... which is opposite of Nigeria....
An average Nigerian is selfish, greedy and careless of the next person..... that is why they are easily deceived/suffering......
When you start thinking positively with your brain then things will work out....
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by desiredhome: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
Glink2018:

Key-pad warrior, be wasting your life on nairaland while the pastor you abusing is fulfilling his gods-given dreams...by the time you are 80 years, you will wake up from your slumber.

Shoe get size
Sorry for you... fulfilling his gods-giving dream lol....thank God you type it in small g to tell you it's not from almighty God...as my God is not a fraudster.....
Fulfilling his dream through scam.... while you are here crying of hunger/bad government grin grin grin grin...
Common sense is not common my dear.......
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by kingxsamz(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
tenpipsperday:

Of course his church business won't thrive in US. The day Nigerian economy will improve so many churches will close shop. Most of what people go to church for here is already provided by government there.

Exactly.
When religious Nigerians travel abroad they become less religious. More than half of their problems are gone. That's why people like Oyedepo won't want them to leave the country, because the more problems one has, the more tithe and offering the person pays to be free from those problems.

3 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
elonmuskbaby:

A very flaw and dumbass reasoning once more, if that's you could take from my submission and this is best argument you can come up with, then I guess we are done here.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by elonmuskbaby: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Mofe72:

I don’t have a problem with that advice. I have a problem with people pissing on the efforts of other people, forgetting that we all have different paths in life. God has a plan for everyone and not everyone will succeed as an employer of labour in their countries of birth (just like he has said about people relocating)
Because they’re struggling in multiple jobs today doesn’t mean they will struggle forever. It is this same Christianity that teaches us about trials and tribulations.
you have totally missed the point.

Bishop is only saying hear from God 1st before you take a leap.if some people heard from God or seeked God's consent 1st before making any move they'll have been employers of labour in their countries instead of slaves in another man's land.imagine doing yes sir to a person you're older than in experience, expertise,skill or qualifications because you're in another man's land when it's supposed to be him doing yes sir for you because you just decided to jump the band Wagon of greener pastures without consulting from God 1st

Unfortunately many of you read to respond not reading to understand because of your preconceived notions about pastors.it just seems like something triggers you about pastors but you don't get triggered by your merciless politicians robbing you day and night with impunity to your face
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by stayclearofme: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
LmAooo ogbeni shut up or address me like you have manners

For starters my future is not in your hands neither do you have that power to determine what happens to anybody's tomorrow so get off your high horse. with people of your narrow minded mindset people like Kamala or Obama wouldn't have been political office holders so please speak with some level of intelligence

That being said yes we know other nationals migrate from one country to another but we all know why Nigerians are migrating. I am sure they are waiting for one imaginary superman to fix it.God gave you mind to strategize,hands to work and brain to think,why don't you apply it for the betterment of your country?

Other nationals go to other peoples country to work , earn a living and gather experience on how other nations built their country to be sane,Nigerians will come back to nigeria after years of toiling and Instead of bringing expertise and experience into nigeria they are bringing I waana gonna or bringing Steve marries Micheal Instead of retaining who you are and bringing in the positives,you carry the garbage enter Nigeria.biko let me hear word
Silly rabbit who are you to be respected? What have you as a person done to fix Nigeria? Yes people migrate for so many reasons but how silly you are to conclude that Nigerians all migrate for the same purpose.. Between is it your migrate? Mr Nigeria fix the country na!... And you are such a dumbass not have realized that Obama and Harris that you mentioned are all from immigrants family... Such a stupid ass hole that you are.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Forgodsgrace: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2021
I have come to realized that some people are gifted and more spirit filled ,just like Papa.
I have been following Papa Oyedepo for over twenty one years and so far he has always been right in his statement or doings.He said his university will be ranked among the best twenty years ago and today ,we are wetin that manifestations in Covenant University ,he warned Nigerians against BUhari,during 2015 election and see where we are now?
So only inept will doubt Papa Oyedepo
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2021
smartNerd:
“You learn more from failure than from success.
Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” —
Unknown

My friend leave me, so what's your plan? search for cliche motivational quote on the internet on post it on this forum? Mr Smartnerd when would you come up with an original thought? since you plan is to continue repeating what has already been said and known.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by elonmuskbaby: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2021
Lukepeter:

A very flaw and dumbass reasoning once more, if that's you could take from my submission and this is best argument you can come up with, then I guess we are done here.
smh no wonder the Bible says a fool sees wisdom but refuses to learn

2nd class citizen feeling proud of being a lesser version of who he should truly be.what a pity
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Madmadrevo(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2021
CodeTemplar:
^^^
^^^
Haters will leave the people they elected and focus on God's elect. Your relationship with God's elect is mutual and voluntary so don't taik trash on this thread.
God's elect kee you dia,so u r God's reject abi?
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Madmadrevo(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2021
CodeTemplar:
^^^
^^^
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Forgodsgrace: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
you dont want people to be slaves abroad but you rather they stay in Nigeria and be slaves to men like you, abi?!
narrow minded state of mind from people who only care about their own pockets... whether abroad or in Nigeria, people should look for their happiness wherever they desire, and so long as they aint doing anything wrong/illegal or against the law to care for their family, these fake men of god should be happy for these people instead of looking down on them.

these men always read the bible backwards in order that it fits their deluded agenda!!!

You open your mouth and call him fake ,it shows you know nothing about life.For your information ,this is one of the most realistic man of God as of today.
Some of these people travel out for more than ten years and nothing meaningful,no studying but doing menial jobs and showing you pictures with white men to oppress the gullible ones,but nothing tangible .
You will understand better later in life and o pray it won’t be too late.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by stayclearofme: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2021
timesup234:
Let's say you can't argue cos you got no point to support your dumb illusions. When grade one America suffer hit you humility and humble pie with be your daily recipe. Your ministry will be narrating the unmatched glory of the Nigerian dream to non-believers.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by desiredhome: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2021
Darkblood:
Lol
What are you saying man?
Let us start from having responsible leaders first and some citizens stop supporting incompetent bastards out of greed and selfishness then maybe there is hope.
Most Nigerians as regards followrship already give their all, what do they get in return from useless leaders, little or nothing except hardship and killings
I rest my case
There is nothing like bad leaders, the people in position/leaders are representation of the society...get that first......
It's a mindset,
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by rontolo(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2021
timesup234:
For the first time I am going to support him. Nigerians abroad are slaves. They work like dogs. They are all depressed and need to be locked up in a mental institution
What an ignorant, generalised statement to make. I bet you never left the shores of Nigeria or only know your under achieving type abroad. Come see what some of your mates are doing abroad, while living in a peaceful, secure and civilised society.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by elonmuskbaby: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2021
stayclearofme:

Silly rabbit who are you to be respected? What have you as a person done to fix Nigeria? Yes people migrate for so many reasons but how silly you are to conclude that Nigerians all migrate for the same purpose.. Between is it your migrate? Mr Nigeria fix the country na!... And you are such a dumbass not have realized that Obama and Harris that you mentioned are all from immigrants family... Such a stupid ass hole that you are.
you no just wan get sense.product of colonial mentality.o ma shey o.what a pity.you have so deteriorated that you have lost the cultural values of respect we taught you.so you don't have enough sense to respect your elders Abi?

Continue doing yes sir for people who you should be their bosses instead... happy slave that loves his chains and adores his master
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by divinitybillz(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]

What impact have you made with the gifting God gave you. Because criticizism isn't a ministry. People that make news don't make noise. Bro go make yours okay.

quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=104002528]you dont want people to be slaves abroad but you rather they stay in Nigeria and be slaves to men like you, abi?!
narrow minded state of mind from people who only care about their own pockets... whether abroad or in Nigeria, people should look for their happiness wherever they desire, and so long as they aint doing anything wrong/illegal or against the law to care for their family, these fake men of god should be happy for these people instead of looking down on them.

these men always read the bible backwards in order that it fits their deluded agenda!!![/quote]
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by jaxxy(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....

The problem with Christianity 2day is pastor have made the lord work a job where they must get paid for doing God work. They will not do the work for free and they will not go out and work like every other person.

They want to be rich from doing God’s work bt is that why God called them to serve in his house? To get rich from church money?? I doubt that. Bt they see it as one of the benefits of Gods work.

Can any fulltime pastor say how he made his millions let’s take it from there? Christianity shouldn’t be Merchandised for self profit. It should be a gift.

Freely do u receive freely should u give.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
smh no wonder the Bible says a fool sees wisdom but refuses to learn

2nd class citizen feeling proud of being a lesser version of who he should truly be. what a pity

This is one of the most stupidest statement I have read in this forum and I not surprise because you clearly lack in-depth knowledge that requires critical thinking, only a retarted idiot could come up with that careless statement with such conviction.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Oktane: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....

The picture you attached to your post....is it real? Can it be verified?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.