Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola (19790 Views)

Grey: Solution From Receiving Dollars From Abroad / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Presidency React To US List Of Countries Which Practice Religious Intolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by McOluOmo: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
Splitmind:
Dirty, stupid and lawless Christians need to start treating peaceful Muslims with respect and dignity. So much Islamophobia is going on in this country, and for what?
Omo ale

1 Like

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Crossboy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
shocked Wow! only in the south west this can never happen in anyother part of nigeria
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by BSsniffer: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Romanoff:
Until MURIC knows their place and watch their utterances, we are just deceiving ourselves in the south west.

The issue is that igbos and south southerners don't know your place especially in foreign lands where you're accommodated. Leave muric for we Yoruba Christains to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by bishop4life(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
wellmax:

but all MURIC does is to rant and nothing more....

Those rants is why buhari and his dss are after Igboho.

You don't kill one and ignore the other.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Abi ooo

When it comes to religious or tribal tolerance, SW leads while others follow.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by REDshouse(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
Splitmind:
Dirty, stupid and lawless Christians need to start treating peaceful Muslims with respect and dignity. So much Islamophobia is going on in this country, and for what?
ask boko haram, fulani Bandit, buhari and he will tell u 'why'
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Danzakidakura(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
brosom:
It was a nice gesture by the Mr Alabi,

By the origination of things this how it should be, but reversed is the case.

Religion has coursed more harm than good worldwide..

If only a Muslim can replicate such gesture. They will never it's always pastors and Christian organization helping them at the ends terrorism

2 Likes

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Cousin9999: 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
Destructive ideologies shouldn't be tolerated.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Nukilia: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
I am waiting for MURIC to condemn this action cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Ayomi90: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
Judolisco:
Same osun wey masquerade people and Muslims dey fight d other day?
Christians fight too, where we have Jehovah Witness nd Pentecostal members in brawls. It is normal but we still live together in peace. Husband nd wife do fight.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Blitzerz: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
Danzakidakura:
If only a Muslim can replicate such gesture. They will never it's always pastors and Christian organization helping them at the ends terrorism

EXACTLY!!!!

1 Like

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Smartjeezy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
That is my home town. We don't discriminate any religion. I follow my uncle to the church on sunday and mosque on Friday also to the shrine on Thursday with my different uncles back then. We believed that religious are man made. My people are not fanatic and haters of of any religion. Some days ago was sallah celebration and the love in my home town was massive between the Muslims and the Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
igboarenice:
Yoruba Christians and Muslims are just tolerating themselves no real love between them.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/traditionalists-muslims-trade-tackles-over-clash-in-osun/

Better than beheading each other like ipob and igbo Muslim
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
"many Nigerians think hausa/Fulani are religious intolerant, but the Igbos are more religion intolerant" - Quora

Many uninformed and hateful Christian from East are asking can yoruba Muslim do the same.

When pastor Adeboye son died, one of the first person to send condolences to him was a Yoruba Muslim, he prayed for him. Same with pastor TB Joshua.

Even the pastor Alabi said while he was in the said town, they used to play around the mosque and eat there, what else do igbo Christian want? Yoruba should start segregating based on religion like igbos? No way we are more wise than that.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Juliaann(f): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
iceberylin:
Please let's learn to love each other because we are Nigerians first before being Christians or Muslims

Clean used UK Lenovo IdeaPad laptop for sale.
2G (inbuilt ram) 120G storage memory.
claireshan sad
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by sultry69(m): 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
igboarenice:
Yoruba Christians and Muslims are just tolerating themselves no real love between them.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/traditionalists-muslims-trade-tackles-over-clash-in-osun/
Says Omo Igbo,that's why you perceived all ethnic groups as your enemy.

1 Like

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by SolarEdge: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ok

SEE HOW YOU CAN DISCARD YOUR GENERATOR PERMANENTLY AND START ENJOYING AT LEAST 16HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY. CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by iceberylin(m): 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
Juliaann:
claireshan sad
My love. Where have you been hiding?
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
BSsniffer:

The issue is that igbos and south southerners don't know your place especially in foreign lands where you're accommodated. Leave muric for we Yoruba Christains to worry about.

South Southerners rarely exhibit such behavior, its most time the work of **** pretending to be them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by CodingBlood: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
Anyone thinking Islam is defined in the North is a big DISGRACE.
Most people say Muslims will kill you if you critize their religion, be specific! If you want to say Hausa people will kill you, say it. It's very annoying generalising Hausas as Islam and Muslims in Nigeria.
Yes I know some misguided Muslims kill, I won't deny that fact. But tell me, do Christians not kill too?
One thing for sure, Islam is perfect, Muslims are not.
The religion you folks call religion of piss even allows inter-faith marriage. But that's not what you want to hear.
Any wrongdoing person is considered a Muslim. Some Hausas have rubbed Islam in the mud, that's why Muslims are being generalised as hypocrites and evil.
Like I've said earlier, Muslims aren't perfect, Islam is.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Juliaann(f): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
iceberylin:

My love. Where have you been hiding?
whatsapp
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by 77up(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
igboarenice:
When we talk now, some idi*it will say we hate Igbo and it's you some stvpid Igbo bastard that are craving for Yoruba division.

Know this and know peace , I don't know that of other region o, we Yoruba loves each other irrespective of religion or background.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by BJanta: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ndlistic:
See previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6663878/pastor-alabi-renovates-60-year-old-mosque

Religious intolerance: Nigerians must learn this solution from Osun By Adeola Ajayi

Many people were marveled at the recent news that went viral, in which a Pastor, Mr. Oluwaseun Basil Alabi, renovated a 60-year-old mosque, popularly known as Alatise mosque, situated around Popo junction in Ikire, Irewole Local Government Area of Osun State.

The public applause the gesture elicited indicates the place of religion in the social psyches of the people and emphasizes the need for social reorientation towards harmony and unity of purpose, irrespective of religious beliefs.

Also, the gesture further gives credence to the notion that there are people of impeccable background with consciousness for humanity despite the level of societal rot and seeming disunity in our societal structure and modern setting.

Going forward therefore, the gesture was intrinsically a product of an inherent philosophy of a dynasty in the sleepy town of Ikire, the popular Alabi family of ile Elere.

The late patriarch of the dynasty, who was a leading elite of the town during his life time, Baba John Oyeyemi Alabi, was a rare breed in all ramifications, who was a rally point for the town in all developmental initiatives, not minding his faith and political ideology.

Like Pastor Alabi rightly recalled in his remarks during the commissioning of the renovated mosque, the late Alabi played a leading role during the construction of Ikire Central Mosque despite his deep rooted background in the Catholic faith.

That was the robust foundation of societal change instilled in the psyches of all members of the family irrespective of their chosen careers and affiliations.

As Vincent Van Gogh rightly puts it,'' The best way to know God is to love many things'', obviously, the love of humanity, Ikire and the State of Osun has clearly saddled this leader of thoughts with historical responsibility of governance in our dear state with fear of God.

It is on that note that I congratulate the highly cerebral and energetic Deputy Governor of the State of Osun, Mr Benedict Olugboyega Alabi, the man who imbibes the family's ideology passionately to the letter.

It is therefore noteworthy that our dynamic Deputy Governor has led by example while following the footstep of his father and the patriarch of Alabi dynasty of Ikire, which now resonates in his younger brother.

I hereby congratulate the family and enjoin them to sustain the tempo of this great virtue.

Adeola Ajayi, Ikire

This is not religious intolerance but religious ignorance. This is a Pastor who doesn't understand the Christian creed very well. It's alright to give to everybody and anybody. The fundamental doctrine of the Christian faith is love to anyone and everyone, and giving is the only way you can show it, but not to promote any FAITH or doctrine not rooted in CHRIST.He could have invested his labor of love in the individual members of the mosque, even to the extent of building a personal house for the imam. But definitely not promoting Islam as a religion. You have to tell me the gain of CHRIST in this gesture. Can he now preach CHRIST to them again? But if he had impacted upon the lives of the individual members of the congregation he would have preached CHRIST to them without promoting their religion. It is said in Galatians 1:8-11
'But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. e [9] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. [10] For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. ' Let the preacher of the Gospel not be man of the people,but man of CHRIST, his LORD and Saviour.
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Fortez: 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Oh
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by richmanrichard: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
whenever the issue of religion tolerance is raised; its always christians tolerating muslims.Will d world end if d headslammers is ever used as a point of refrence? fools keep deceiving yourselves Mr Goody goody.Islam has no place for peace.

1 Like

Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by Christian122: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
Splitmind:
Say no to weed
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by wellmax(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
bishop4life:

Those rants is why buhari and his dss are after Igboho.

You don't kill one and ignore the other.

MURIC has been before Buhari and would be after him, except Ishaq goes to meet his maker and a more decent Muslim takes over
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by okpukpu(m): 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Okay... waiting to read "a muslim cleric built a church and handed over to the community"
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by MamaC0co: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
iceberylin:
Please let's learn to love each other because we are Nigerians first before being Christians or Muslims

Clean used UK Lenovo IdeaPad laptop for sale.
2G (inbuilt ram) 120G storage memory.
Contact and price
Re: Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola by CodeTemplar: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
Trash. Your religion needs expansion and you are throwing money to people who see you as rivals and will hurt you for their god.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Thanks Nigerians For Prayers And Support / Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts / Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.