Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question (1678 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jesus said again: “Everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled” (Luke 24:44). This time, Jesus gives the boundaries of the Old Testament, declaring that each section of the Hebrew Bible (the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings) pointed to him.

Imagine God gave all the old testament story saying it all about Jesus,, God can't do that to an angel never

Here Jesus says all those things is all about him

And beginning with Moses and the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scripture the things concerning himself” (Luke 24:26–27).

If you don't have Jesus you can't interpret the word Bible

Nehemiah, another Hebrew prophet, writes, “But you are a God ready to forgive, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.”

Only God can forgive sins.. Jesus equally forgave sins

The doctrine of the Trinity means

that there is one God (one being) who eternally exists as three distinct Persons —

the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Simply stated, God is one in essence (one being) and three in person.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by DappaD: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Emusan:
Funny you, but what do you always look for on Nairaland?

Not the likes of you, thankfully.

NLT: so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. John 5:23
You might want to claim that the word "HONOR" was used but I'll like to ask you: In what way do you honour the Father? Jesus says do the same for Him

In Emusan’s dictionary, “honor” means to worship? How else can you miscontrue that scripture LOL?
Okay, to honor your father and your mother means you’re worshiping them? Ephesians 6:2 To honor an older person with grey hair means you’re worshiping him/her? Leviticus 19:32
To honor the superior authorities mean you’re worshiping them? Romans 13:7

Please I’m begging you to stop treading down this path because the rate at which things are going, you are ever ready to see A and call it B. angry

For you even to claim "to sit on thrones that God will give them" shows you know Jesus is God because It's Jesus' throne they will sit.
And that verse made the difference clear.
NLT: Those who are victorious will sit with ME ON MY THRONE, just as I was victorious and sat with MY FATHER ON HIS THRONE.

Your God has a God? How interesting!

Revelation 3:12
“I will make those who are victorious pillars in the temple of my God, and they will never leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which will come down out of heaven from my God. I will also write on them my new name.”

Revelation 3:21
“To the one who conquers I will give a place to sit with me on my throne, just as I have conquered and have sat down with my Father on his throne.”

Oh so your God had to conquer and be victorious first before sitting on the throne that ANOTHER person gave him?

Mr Emusan, Jesus was granted authority by someone else(Matthew 28:18) and that puts him on the level where he will delegate responsibility to others(Revelation 2:26) but remember that he was given the authority to do that in the first place! So if he has to be given authority by someone greater than he is, it means he is not God. So to me Jesus is not God, but if he is to you, keep it to yourself and leave me out of it I beg you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by xproducer: 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nicenancy:

Why did u Blur Jesus being the Everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6?

Jesus indeed is the Father

=====

"Blur"? How?
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nephilim: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
You'll need a more indepth of spiritual knowledge to understand the dynamics and mystery of the Trinity. The Name Jesus itself is The Name of the Father! And that's why it's above every other Name.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Emusan(m): 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
DappaD:
Not the likes of you, thankfully.

So you're only looking for the likes you can dish your organization lies to. I understand.

In Emusan’s dictionary, “honor” means to worship? How else can you miscontrue that scripture LOL?
Okay, to honor your father and your mother means you’re worshiping them? Ephesians 6:2 To honor an older person with grey hair means you’re worshiping him/her? Leviticus 19:32
To honor the superior authorities mean you’re worshiping them? Romans 13:7

Please I’m begging you to stop treading down this path because the rate at which things are going, you are ever ready to see A and call it B. angry

I see, no wonder you couldn't answer my question!

Here it is again,

In what way do you honor JEHOVAH?

Jesus said you should do THE SAME.

So it's left for you to be truthful to yourself here.

Your God has a God? How interesting!

[quote]Revelation 3:12
“I will make those who are victorious pillars in the temple of my God, and they will never leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which will come down out of heaven from my God. I will also write on them my new name.”

Yes when he became human Phil 2:6

Revelation 3:21
“To the one who conquers I will give a place to sit with me on my throne, just as I have conquered and have sat down with my Father on his throne.”

Oh so your God had to conquer and be victorious first before sitting on the throne that ANOTHER person gave him

And you will be claiming Bible student.

O ma se oooo

Mr Emusan, Jesus was granted authority by someone else(Matthew 28:18) and that puts him on the level where he will delegate responsibility to others(Revelation 2:26) but remember that he was given the authority to do that in the first place! So if he has to be given authority by someone greater than he is, it means he is not God. So to me Jesus is not God, but if he is to you, keep it to yourself and leave me out of it I beg you.

Go and read Phil 2:6 then you'll know the reason why Jesus said ALL POWER which makes Him omnipotent was given to Him.

Anyway, I use to say that when you Jws will be able to distinguish between when the scripture is talking about Jesus before He became part of Creation and when He entered part of Creation is the day your delusions will be cured.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by DappaD: 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
That’s the way forward nah. To start calling organization up and down when you know the things you’ve said don’t hold water.

Philippians 2:6
“who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped[or ‘snatched’],” NASB

Your brain cannot tell you that if Jesus was God, that Philippians 2:6 would never have been written in the first place? Emusan, that scripture completely harmonizes with Jesus’ statement at John 14:28. I don’t know how else you want to twist this. Please I’m not interested in further discussions with you. Thank you and good-bye.

Emusan:

So you're only looking for the likes you can dish your organization lies to. I understand.
I see, no wonder you couldn't answer my question!
Here it is again,
In what way do you honor JEHOVAH?
Jesus said you should do THE SAME.
So it's left for you to be truthful to yourself here.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nephilim:
heresies! Angels don't bow to you (human). You are no master to them and they are no servants to you, we are all brethren and custodian of the mysteries of God in Christ Jesus, Christ is the Master of All. They receive instructions from The LORD. Also, They only serve the heirs of salvation in their capacity, which in the same vein we serve each other in our capacities. He who wants to be great has to serve and be servant to all, understand that and get wisdom.
C.H.R.I.S.T.A.I.N!
thank u 4 d advice

2 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by ictplotter(m): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2021
donbachi:
John 10:30

"Me and my father are one"
John 14 vs 28.
for the Father is greater than I.

Bible is a book of comedy full of self contradictions.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2021
Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Myer(m): 8:19am On Jul 25, 2021
Nicenancy:

Revelation 5:8

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

IF YOU ALL CLAIM JESUS IS NOT GOD, WHY ARE ANGELS IN HEAVEN BOWING TO HIM?

THIS IS RIGHT IN HEAVEN, EVEN 24 ELDERS TOO

GOD ABHORS HIS CREATION BOWING TO OTHER CREATIONS

ANSWERS PLEASE

You clearly don't understand the concept of Trinity.
Do your study more.

Jesus and God are different personalities.
Jesus and the Holyspirit are part of the Trinity. Just like the God-head is.

But the Godhead is different from Jesus and the Holyspirt. Which is the reason for the following;

1. Jesus could be on earth in a limited human body and the world was not in chaos since God never vacated his position.

2. Stephen at the point of his death saw two personalities, Jesus and God separately. Not as one entity.

3. The Lamb in revelation is different from the God head. Cos the God-head was the one that was asking for who to send before the Lamb sacrificed himself.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 9:30am On Jul 25, 2021
Myer:

You clearly don't understand the concept of Trinity.
Do your study cos clearly you still have a long way to go.
Jesus and God are different personalities.
Jesus and the Holyspirit are part of the Trinity. Just like the God-head is.

But the Godhead is different from Jesus and the Holyspirt. Which is the reason for the following;

1. Jesus could be on earth in a limited human body and the world was not in chaos since God never vacated his position.

2. Stephen at the point of his death saw two personalities, Jesus and God separately. Not as one entity.

3. The Lamb in revelation is different from the God head. Cos the God-head was the one that was asking for who to send before the Lamb sacrificed himself.

U are so ignorant about the things of God

For start: read about PARARELLISM, u need it

Jesus Christ is God
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Myer(m): 9:35am On Jul 25, 2021
Nicenancy:

U are so ignorant about the things of God

For start: read about PARARELLISM, u need it

Jesus Christ is God

Is Moses God?
Cos the bible said God himself said he had made Moses like God to Pharaoh. Exodus 7:1

Remember Jesus himself said we are all gods. Does that mean we are the God-head?

There's a God-head. When you understand this, you will understand what the Trinity is about and stop confusing yourself and others.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2021
Myer:

Is Moses God?
Cos the bible said God himself said he had made Moses like God to Pharaoh. Exodus 7:1

Remember Jesus himself said we are all gods. Does that mean we are the God-head?

There's a God-head. When you understand this, you will understand what the Trinity is about and stop confusing yourself and others.

Such an ignoramus in things pertaining God

Pray to be born again

Trinity grin cheesy grin
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Myer(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2021
Nicenancy:

Such an ignoramus in things pertaining God

Pray to be born again

Trinity grin cheesy grin

Yet you're the one hurling insults all over here.
So much for the likeness of Christ.

I intentionally tried your humility, patience and self-control and you just proved you have none. grin

Focus more on the Fruit of the Spirit cos obviously that is how we would know you have the Hoyspirit.

Cos even the bible says we should test all spirits to know which is true.
Clearly you have your pastor's spirit and not the Holyspirit.
You're the one who should be reborn.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2021
Myer:

Yet you're the one hurling insults all over here.
So much for the likeness of Christ.

I intentionally tried your humility, patience and self-control and you just proved you have none. grin

Focus more on the Fruit of the Spirit cos obviously that is how we would know you have the Hoyspirit.

Cos even the bible says we should test all spirits to know which is true.
Clearly you have your pastor's spirit and not the Holyspirit.
You're the one who should be reborn.

Ignoramus is not an insult cheesy

Your English is a problem too cheesy

You are ignorant in regard to the things of the spirit

I know u are knowledgeable in other things
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Myer(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Nicenancy:

Ignoramus is not an insult cheesy

Your English is a problem too cheesy

You are ignorant in regard to the things of the spirit

I know u are knowledgeable in other things

One of the clear symptoms of Pride is when you can't admit you're wrong.

Ignoramus is an insult ma.

Galatians 5:19-23 has your name on it.
If that's all you study today, you just might add value to your Christian life.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Navix: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

Did you know that Angle bow for you too?
We are their master but for them to serve us,we most to serve God,and how can we serve God? = by following his prophets teaching and minimize sin.
You may not know the meaning of what I always mean by saying " DON'T ALOW GOD TO PREACH TO YOU"

How can you minimize sin?

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ... For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Navix: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2021
DappaD:
That’s the way forward nah. To start calling organization up and down when you know the things you’ve said don’t hold water.

“who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped[or ‘snatched’],” NASB

Your brain cannot tell you that if Jesus was God, that Philippians 2:6 would never have been written in the first place? Emusan, that scripture completely harmonizes with Jesus’ statement at John 14:28. I don’t know how else you want to twist this. Please I’m not interested in further discussions with you. Thank you and good-bye.

The only way to honour God is recognizing that you are a mortal body, that you don't have any will of your own, you can't take actions if He do not permit. Apostle Paul said "that I do not want is what I do". Allowing God to use you for whatever His wants be is a total humility

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2021
Navix:

[quote author=Navix post=104070163]

We inherite sin from our father(Adam) as far as we are flesh and blood, we can't be free from sin patapata but we can minimize it.
The first sin,is the one coming from your mind,if you can get ride of it,the level of commuting sin will also be minimize.
There are some
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2021
Navix:

[quote author=Navix post=104070163]

We inherite sin from our father(Adam) as far as we are flesh and blood, we can't be free from sin patapata but we can minimize it.
The first sin,is the one coming from your mind,if you can get ride of it,the level of commuting sin will also be minimize.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Navix: 10:58am On Jul 25, 2021
[quote author=Adamgeneral12 post=104070611][/quote]

There is no other way my friend. Is either you are a sinner or you're righteous there's no half rightouesness and half sinner. If you've been made righteous so you are! You cannot make yourself righteous because you never made yourself a sinner but heridity does so your righteousness came just for your acceptability through faith and not something you can minimize nor maximize.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2021
Navix:

There is no other way my friend. Is either you are a sinner or you're righteous there's no half rightouesness and half sinner. If you've been made righteous so you are! You cannot make yourself righteous because you never made yourself a sinner but heridity does so your righteousness came just for your acceptability through faith and not something you can minimize nor maximize.
No matter how righteous you now,you first start by reducing the level of your sin.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Navix: 11:55am On Jul 25, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

No matter how righteous you now,you first start by reducing the level of your sin.

Nope, it is a transformation. You will be transformed from the old to the new, from death to birth.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by nyiamfrank: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2021
donbachi:
John 10:30

"Me and my father are one"
WHY

NOT

Me and my colleague are one?

Father!
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Myer:

One of the clear symptoms of Pride is when you can't admit you're wrong.

Ignoramus is an insult ma.

Galatians 5:19-23 has your name on it.
If that's all you study today, you just might add value to your Christian life.

If one is uneducated is a particular field and u tell them, u have not insulted them. I am amused by your tendency of trying to tag me with sin; Just like Satan does and u back with scriptures. Thank you Mr Righteous for pointing my sins to me
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
Navix:

Nope, it is a transformation. You will be transformed from the old to the new, from death to birth.
You have been transform or not,you are still a sinner no matter what,if David believe that he is a sinner who are we 3rd class in Christ to say we don't sin.
You can sin with out noing that is a sin
that's why psalm 51 is there for you.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Myer(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nicenancy:

If one is uneducated is a particular field and u tell them, u have not insulted them. I am amused by your tendency of trying to tag me with sin; Just like Satan does and u back with scriptures. Thank you Mr Righteous for pointing my sins to me

To be ignorant is different from being an ignoramus.
Besides you yourself know you meant that as an insult so stop being dishonest cos you're just manifesting more of the wrong fruits.
Humility is to simply apologise and let's discuss the topic of this thread with civility.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Emusan(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
DappaD:

Yeah! because I don't know why you bring up the issue of me ALWAYS LIKE ARGUING when in reality, it's you and your brothers who do that mostly.

Your brain cannot tell you that if Jesus was God, that Philippians 2:6 would never have been written in the first place?

That verse was truly written because of people like you who always twist the Holy scripture.

He EXISTED in FORM/NATURE of God and willingly put it down which is the reason why He can pray, called the Father His God e.t.c

Emusan, that scripture completely harmonizes with Jesus’ statement at John 14:28. I don’t know how else you want to twist this. Please I’m not interested in further discussions with you. Thank you and good-bye.

Very well because the Father is greater than Jesus but my point is that Jesus EXISTED in form of God before laid that privilege aside which is the reason why he can be GIVEN AUTHORITY.

If you're not interested you won't have replied in the first place.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
jubrilcastle:

You are just much. I hope OP will be satisfied.

They can never get satisfied. They will look for more mental gymnastics to "prove" what they've been brought up with. How anyone would say Jesus Christ is God Almighty when He referred to "my God" about 3 times in Revelation 3 still baffles me. Question is, who was/is that God He was referring to?

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God has the ability to appear as the Father and the son and the Holy Ghost..... so the one on the throne was the father

He also has the ability to appear as the 24 elders around the Throne. Why not we lump them together as God while we are at it?
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Emusan:

I don't need to address your other post since you so centered your point on this one.

Now that you agreed that ONLY GOD is good.

Then Jesus must be God since Jesus is the GOOD shepherd.

Let's see the next twist you'll come with.

That Samaritan guy must be God too, because you know, he's the Good Samaritan. Geez! The state of people's reasoning.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
Emusan:

But Jesus demanded the same WORSHIP from everyone.

Why can't you show the same verse where both the Father and the Lamb sit ON THE SAME THRONE?

And Jesus also promised us in the book of Revelation that when we overcome we'll sit with Him on His Throne, as He is sitting with His Father on His Throne. Meaning, we shall all be God Almighty?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If TB Joshua Faked His Own Death / Christianity Now 4.4% In Saudi Arabia, Miss Universe, Female Olympics Allowed / A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.