Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. (1861 Views)

My Worst Day At Gtbank Today / My Experience At The Club: Share Yours / How My Girlfriend's Birthday Turned Out To Be My Worst Day(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Igbankpa(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
The day we got news of my dad's death.

seeing my mum broken and crying all over the place with neighbors having a really hard time trying to console her, never seen my mum in such state of devastation hence I was broken as well.

We've not seen daddy for months, and we where expecting him to arrive the following day, Imagine the excitement.

My mum already made her hair, looking good for her husband Whom she has not seen in a long while and had his favorite aphang soup prepared, Only for us to receive news of his death and to be buried the next day.

It was a mass burial for all the victims that died in the accident which involved a fuel tanker and a military truck moving soldiers who had just arrived from a mission in Sudan back to their base in maiduguri.

The men, filled with excitement and anticipating meeting the family they left behind and have greatly missed, little did they know that death had his own plan and eventually struck on that faithful evening (April 21 2008) taking all 48 soldiers occupying a particular truck including my father.

The government organised an impromptu burial for them which my mum had to take the next available flight to Abuja the next morning to bid my dad farewell.

The last memory I have of my dad was that faithful evening he left the house all dressed up in his camouflage and his military kits. He was a galant and fine soldier!.

One thing I observed about my dad was that whenever he is on his military uniform, it's more like he takes on a different persona or he gets possessed by a different spirit. Not in a bad way though! I mean, his movements and body language changes instantly.

I watched him walk gallantly and waved at him continuously until he went out of sight. He was on his way to maiduguri in obedience to the clarion call, I never knew that will be the last I'll be seeing of my father, even after his death except for my mum who had to fly down to Abuja the next day, I and my siblings weren't given the opportunity to pay tribute. but hopefully one day, I intend going to visit his resting place in the national cemetery Abuja.

Up till this day, I still feel like my dad is still out there and would one day come home and tell us he didn't die, that it was all a conspiracy by the Nigerian government for them to just disappear which was a necessity for the efficient execution of a highly classified mission.

Well....I guess it's the Hollywood movies messing my head up or it's the fact that I didn't experience his burial or have any real evidence of his death and I just badly wish it's all a dream I would wake up from.

12 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by StPete: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
This is sad

2 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Jman06(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
What a heartbreaking experience! Take heart bro and may his soul continue to rest in peace...Amen

2 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by skywalker240(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
April 23

Worst day of my life

I lost my Elder Brother to Cancer embarassed
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Offpoint1: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mine was March 2004 when I lost my grandmom, that was the only person who died and the entire villages that local government cried. She was a mother to everyone, when it comes to giving she was the greatest giver I've ever seen till date. She had almost 15 farms and during harvest, she gave to all widows, youths, homeless, church and school teachers.

During her burial, it was one of the greatest I've witnessed. 5 rooms wasn't enough to content gifts from the whole communities.

I cried like it was the end of my life, they used to call me her "hand bag", she literally took me everywhere she goes.

Omo it took more than a year to accept she was truly dead, in fact it was until I saw her in my dream and she told me "she's never coming back to but she's always with me" before I finally let go.

2nd was Dec 12 2008 when I lost my uncle I've been staying with since I lost my grandmom, I hurt me so badly cause of the pains he went through before he died.

I'm not a believer of spiritual attacks, but I witness with him. A man who was doing well in his business, one night exactly 12am we heard screaming "My head, my head"
That was the beginning of his problems, within a month we've visited almost all hospitals and churches in Nigeria, all his properties including land sold. Funny enough, all test carried out non came out with results.

All he complained of his headache, once it's 12am he literally cried like a baby, you can feel the heat coming out from his head... It hurts he had to die after everything he had was sold in search of solutions.

May they continue to RIP

3 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Ruskydube: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mine was December 10,2020...

My immediate younger sis died in my arms ....

She died at exactly 03: 44am...

Aisha, may your gentle soul rest in peace cry

4 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
Igbankpa:
The day we got news of my dad's death
I guess mine was the day Sergio Ramos broke salah's arm and robbed Liverpool of the champions League

3 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Eddie360(m): 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2021
D day i lost ma dad ie 27july 2002, in a motor accident were nt even given opportunity to see his corpse..dat man av already planned for us just dat his greedy brodas distroy everything.. sometimes i just wish his alive i will nt be going through all dis stress dat am going through..but thank God we got his benefit whc help us alot.

But men Nigeria is fucking corrupt u see those pipo working for dat place call Abuja na dead pipo money dem just d chop kai.. just can't say much but may God help everyone determination.
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Johnwick64: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2021
Ruskydube:

so sorry,wat killed her

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Jesterinjay: 2:28am On Jul 26, 2021
Dec 03 2020 The day i witnessed death and it had to be my aunt's. Aunty rip cry
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by iTroll: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2021
Ruskydube:

Well waddaya know?

Dec 10, 2020
3:00pm
I lost my elder sister to breast cancer

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Igbankpa(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2021
Jman06:
What a heartbreaking experience! Take heart bro and may his soul continue to rest in peace...Amen
Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Igbankpa(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2021
skywalker240:
April 23

Worst day of my life

I lost my Elder Brother to Cancer embarassed
take heart bro
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Igbankpa(m): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2021
ZaRuleOfLaw:

I guess mine was the day Sergio Ramos broke salah's arm and robbed Liverpool of the champions League
bros you fit explain?
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by skywalker240(m): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2021
Igbankpa:
take heart bro
thanks sir.
God will give us the grace to carry on.

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by imagrg(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2021
On April 20th, 2021, after having our breakfast of palp and moimoi together at about 12.25pm, my wife left to harvest the very few cassava tubbers we planted at the back of our house. The next news was that she suddenly slumped and died instantly. Three days later, my 32 years old Stepdaughter confessed to stabbing her to death spiritually for not giving her enough attention.

4 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2021
imagrg:
On April 20th, 2021, after having our breakfast of palp and moimoi together at about 12.25pm, my wife left to harvest the very few cassava tubbers we planted at the back of our house. The next news was that she suddenly slumped and died instantly. Three days later, my 32 years old Stepdaughter confessed to stabbing her to death spiritually for not giving her enough attention.
pls I would like to know how she was made to confess. some people need to confess in my house.
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2021
Igbankpa:
bros you fit explain?
okay, it happened on the night of 26th may, 2018. tragic night.
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Igbankpa(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
skywalker240:

thanks sir.

God will give us the grace to carry on.
so sorry about that.
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by annayawchee: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
19/06/2014

Mom died...

Lol.... Still recovering from the shock

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Ruskydube: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2021
Johnwick64:
so sorry,wat killed her

She complained of headache some days before....later she was admitted in the hospital ....test revealed she has malaria and typhoid ....
She later died in the hospital during treatment.
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Lamanii22(f): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
Ruskydube:

Awwww must have been so hard... I'm really sorry hun... How are you feeling now?

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by wumi2017(f): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
Mine was April 13 2005 when I lost my mum crybeen d last born of d house it wasn't easy cry am still feeling d presence of her in ma life up till today..May Almighty Allah save her from d torments of d grave and Grant her Aljanatul fridaos � Rest on Mum cry

2 Likes

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by debbydams(f): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
Humm
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Ruskydube: 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
Lamanii22:

Awwww must have been so hard... I'm really sorry hun... How are you feeling now?

Honestly i felt down....but life continues...thanks for your concern...I appreciate smiley

1 Like

Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by obinna58(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
imagrg:

Whatever you did to that woman just have it at the back of your mind that she's innocent.

Africans destroying themselves.
Re: April 21 2008: Worst Day Ever! Share Yours. by Mustiboy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
Can't type or talk much about it.

My dad's demise on April 26th 2015.

It was wee hours of the morning when my friend was chatting me up on WhatsApp about the various girls he had successfully laid. We were having a good laugh.

But, then, I heard my mum enter the house. It was too early, therefore, I wasn't expecting her at that time. I could hear from my room that she was accompanied by neighbors who were all asking, "What happened?"
"How Come?"
"God!"

I hadn't heard the news, but in my mind, I knew it must be about my dad. I slid into great grievance immediately and messaged my friend thus:

"My dad just died."

Minutes later, the people who had accompanied my mum made for my room to break the news to me. I was expecting it. There and then, my younger brother broke down in tears. I hadn't seen him cry like that in a long time.

I couldn't help it. I made for the bathroom to cry my eyes out whilst taking a bath.

I was the only one who fully knew what dad was going through in his last days; nobody else knew.

We hadn't see him in over a year. I was the only person he regularly spoke to before his demise. The rest of the family wasn't at peace with him due to his absence from home.

Only I knew what my dad was going through. He had told me about his imminent passing to the great beyond. He had told me not to worry that I'd move on and be just fine.

I honestly seeked help for him, up to the point of creating many Nairaland threads for what could be done about a condition such as his. There was little I could do; my knowledge then was very limited.

Many a time today, I envisage how I could have saved my dad if, at the time, I had the same information at my disposal today. Maybe it was just his time, but I don't believe in time in regards to death.

I sob as I write . That's enough.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Cubana Whatsapp Group / When A Girl Tells You, Give Me Some Time Let Me Think About It / Peter Obi Supporter Denies Sleeping With 70-year Old Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.