Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed (46232 Views)

Abia Bye-Election: Ikpeazu Restricts Movement In Aba North, Aba South LGAs / BREAKING: Obasek`s Movement Into PDP Confirmed, Moves With 80% Of Edo APC / Governor Obiano Restricts Movement Of Tankers Carrying Petrol From 8pm To 5am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2021
MysteryShopper:

1. Ibadan(capital of yoruba land)

2. Onitsha

Which one looks like a deplorable eyesore?
True Ibadan does not have the kind of buildings in onitsha yet it doesn't make onitsha much better.
Whenever I travel pass onitsha, it's like passing through a massive slum.
Ibadan is actually much more peaceful.
From the Niger bridge the touts are already waiting for you. It's a terrible place.
The Igbos can do better.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Akuruoulo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
ijayopi:
What exactly is the reason for the restriction of movement? Court dey for Abuja you come east dey block road. Block heads!

U lack reasoning.
Abuja isn't my BIAFRA
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by rigarmortis: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2021
Tranquillity360:
i have resolved to stop w4nking my life away and face my apprenticeship squarely, maybe at the end of the day i will become a successful shoe shiner, its better than killing myself and running away

good choice bro
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Tranquillity360: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
rigarmortis:

My choice is to remain a fool bro
Ewu ohia Continue.

Onye nzuzu.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
There's no slum in Onitsha. Onitsha is actually like London compare to Ibadan. . The whole of Ibadan is slum. See different outlooks of Ibadan. This is shameful in 21st century. It is horrible in Ibadan. Yorubas should as a matter of urgency demolish the whole of Ibadan and start afresh. This is an eyesore. No planning, no organisation, just building mud houses everywhere. Shame

breathelove:

True Ibadan does not have the kind of buildings in onitsha yet it doesn't make onitsha much better.
Whenever I travel pass onitsha, it's like passing through a massive slum.
Ibadan is actually much more peaceful.
From the Niger bridge the touts are already waiting for you. It's a terrible place.
The Igbos can do better.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by CoolAmbience(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
SGANIVA:
the military is now around , threatening to shoot people capturing the event,I have only two pictures oo,what is happening in your side ?

IPOB can't restrict movement anywhere in Nigeria.

Dem no born dem well.

Where are the pictures?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ishilove:

You are boring. Fvckoff and remain fvcked off

E pain am, such a brainless personality, its a miracle that you sleep and wake.
You should be dropping dead by now.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Legendforte: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2021
MysteryShopper:

1. Ibadan(capital of yoruba land)

2. Onitsha

Which one looks like a deplorable eyesore?
Stop showing me Ibadan that I am an Igbo person. Just swallow the truth, so that our leaders will know we are not fools
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
Legendforte:

Stop showing me Ibadan that I am an Igbo person. Just swallow the truth, so that our leaders will know we are not fools

Onitsha and Anambra in general are by far better than your backward shithole state. Tell your governor to learn from Anambra good governance. Fact
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
MysteryShopper:
There's no slum in Onitsha. Onitsha is actually like London compare to Ibadan. . The whole of Ibadan is slum. See different outlooks of Ibadan. This is shameful in 21st century. It is horrible in Ibadan. Yorubas should as a matter of urgency demolish the whole of Ibadan and start afresh. This is an eyesore. No planning, no organisation, just building mud houses everywhere. Shame

I have been to many cities in the world. Both ibadan and onitsha are total failures. Ibadan fails in terms of buildings but it has much better road network.
It's crazy that the main road that leads to the biggest market in Africa is single lane. And onitsha has no night life and very little social life.
Both onitsha and ibadan can do better.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
breathelove:

I have been to many cities in the world. Both ibadan and onitsha are total failures. Ibadan fails in terms of buildings but it has much better road network.
It's crazy that the main road that leads to the biggest market in Africa is single lane. And onitsha has no night life and very little social life.
Both onitsha and ibadan can do better.

Ibadan failed in terms of buildings, sanitation, no city planning (everywhere choked with mud houses), no night life. Ibadan is a failed town. Onitsha is a lot better and vibrant city
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by rigarmortis: 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Abum ewu. Bia beru is isim siere owen gi isi ewu nkwobi. It is useless to me .

Sorry I can't do that bro, why don't you extend that favour to your umunna
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 1:21am On Jul 27, 2021
MysteryShopper:

Ibadan failed in terms of buildings, sanitation, no city planning (everywhere choked with mud houses), no night life. Ibadan is a failed town. Onitsha is a lot better and vibrant city
Honestly, I can't live in onitsha. There are a few cool places in ibadan. The roads are good (double lane) and onitsha is not necessarily a clean city.
Let's not praise mediocrity. I am sure both of us know great cities so the argument about 2 failed cities to see which is greater is not the best way to go.
Both are failed cities, each with its problems. You and I wouldn't want to be on the streets of upper iweka by 7pm.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Ekpeitit(m): 1:56am On Jul 27, 2021
kkonyeji:

See this animal, is Abuja Biafra land?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Ekpeitit(m): 1:58am On Jul 27, 2021
Monkey Man,there is nothing like Biafra and there will never be. You will remain a slave and second hand citizen in Nigeria for the next 200 years.
Ewu.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Ekpeitit(m): 2:00am On Jul 27, 2021
FakeUnity:

E pain your musleem skull, no lie. grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Ekpeitit(m): 2:02am On Jul 27, 2021
Come back and talk to me when you know how to spell.
Stupid illiterate Okoro spare parts trader.
EWU BIAFRA.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 7:29am On Jul 27, 2021
The truth is that i can't live in Ibadan, because there are no decent accommodation there except mud houses.

Onitsha at least have decent accommodation for low, medium and high income.

Onitsha has 10 lanes superhighway, which Ibadan doesn't. Onitsha has flyovers, interchange, 1st and 2nd Niger bridge, which Ibadan doesn't have except mud houses.

No sane person can live in this kind of place as shown below.

Ibadan is a failed city and should be demolished.

breathelove:

Honestly, I can't live in onitsha. There are a few cool places in ibadan. The roads are good (double lane) and onitsha is not necessarily a clean city.
Let's not praise mediocrity. I am sure both of us know great cities so the argument about 2 failed cities to see which is greater is not the best way to go.
Both are failed cities, each with its problems. You and I wouldn't want to be on the streets of upper iweka by 7pm.

Below are the two cities: low and medium income. No sane person can live in pictures 1 & 2

1 & 2 is Ibadan

3 & 4 is Onitsha

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by FakeUnity: 8:10am On Jul 27, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Come back and talk to me when you know how to spell.
Stupid illiterate Okoro spare parts trader.
EWU BIAFRA.

You still never sabi how to quote properly abokey monkey.

grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by ijayopi(m): 9:03am On Jul 27, 2021
Biafrans punishing the Biafrans....Cowards!
E be like say them don promise you and your generation general sef? General ndi ara.
Abeg shift.
Akuruoulo:

U lack reasoning.
Abuja isn't my BIAFRA
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Legendforte: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2021
MysteryShopper:

Onitsha and Anambra in general are by far better than your backward shithole state. Tell your governor to learn from Anambra good governance. Fact
You mean the alleged headquarters of criminals with pitiable potholes and substandard infrastructures is good.
My Anambra deserves better. It's time there is a change of government, so that Anambra can gain solid development and infrastructures and not propaganda development.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2021
Anambra beats your backward shithole state that ravaged by bad roads, insecurity, etc.

Tell your incompetent failure governor to emulate Anambra in good governance. Anambra still leads with best road networks, security, best international conference centre, best international airport east of the Niger and also the international gateway to the eastern Nigeria.

Not propaganda and lies like in the caee of your backward useless worthless shithole state.

Legendforte:

You mean the alleged headquarters of criminals with pitiable potholes and substandard infrastructures is good.My Anambra deserves better. It's time there is a change of government, so that Anambra can gain solid development and infrastructures and not propaganda development.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
MysteryShopper:
The truth is that i can't live in Ibadan, because there are no decent accommodation there except mud houses.

Onitsha at least have decent accommodation for low, medium and high income.

Onitsha has 10 lanes superhighway, which Ibadan doesn't. Onitsha has flyovers, interchange, 1st and 2nd Niger bridge, which Ibadan doesn't have except mud houses.

No sane person can live in this kind of place as shown below.

Ibadan is a failed city and should be demolished.

Below are the two cities: low and medium income. No sane person can live in pictures 1 & 2

1 & 2 is Ibadan

3 & 4 is Onitsha
I understand how you feel but Chimamanda once gave a speech titled the danger of a single story.
You are presently telling a single story about ibadan.
Let me give you a more complete story
1. Ibadan has better road network than onitsha. You talked about the 10 lanes in onitsha but if I am correct, there are not up to 4 dual carriage roads in the entire city. Ibadan has numerous dual carriage roads.
2. You mentioned Niger bridge, we'll ibadan has no major rivers. And trusthe me, ibadan has more flyovers than onitsha.
3. Most houses in ibadan are not built with mud. There are a number of modern areas.
Finally like I said, both cities have very little to boast about.
Again if you want, I could send you better pictures of ibadan
https://www.nairaland.com/4116083/beautiful-pictures-ibadan-city[url][/url]
You can check the link above. I am trying to give you a complete story.. remember, the danger of a single story
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Stop lying to yourself. One Ibadan is filled with almost 90% mud house, a simple google of Ibadan proves that. Two, Onitsha has 10 lanes superhighway that's bigger than all the roads in Ibadan.

Trust me, ibadan despite being a regional capital is a big disgrace.

See below what anyone sees once he Googles Ibadan, this is not a city but a jungle.

breathelove:

I understand how you feel but Chimamanda once gave a speech titled the danger of a single story.
You are presently telling a single story about ibadan.
Let me give you a more complete story
1. Ibadan has better road network than onitsha. You talked about the 10 lanes in onitsha but if I am correct, there are not up to 4 dual carriage roads in the entire city. Ibadan has numerous dual carriage roads.
2. You mentioned Niger bridge, we'll ibadan has no major rivers. And trusthe me, ibadan has more flyovers than onitsha.
3. Most houses in ibadan are not built with mud. There are a number of modern areas.
Finally like I said, both cities have very little to boast about.
Again if you want, I could send you better pictures of ibadan
https://www.nairaland.com/4116083/beautiful-pictures-ibadan-city[url][/url]
You can check the link above. I am trying to give you a complete story.. remember, the danger of a single story

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Stop lying to yourself. One Ibadan is filled with almost 90% mud house, a simple google of Ibadan proves that. Two, Onitsha has 10 lanes superhighway that's bigger than all the roads in Ibadan.

Trust me, ibadan despite being a regional capital is a big disgrace.

See below what anyone sees once he Googles Ibadan, this is not a city but a jungle.

Accra Ghana a much better city than those 2. So I can tell a cool city when I see one.

Both are mediocre cities. I personally can't live in onitsha so I don't see how you can defend such a place.
I don't like ibadan either.
But then when used fake data in an argument I really don't know how to reply.
Google does not have a record of the number of mud houses in ibadan.
Let's not argue over 2 failed cities. I livery in
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
Stop spewing nonsense. Ibadan is a mediocre failed town because it is full of mud houses.

80% of Nigerians can live in Onitsha but never in Ibadan because of mud houses.

Onitsha is a progressive city unlike Ibadan that has stuck in 1960s

breathelove:

Accra Ghana a much better city than those 2. So I can tell a cool city when I see one.

Both are mediocre cities. I personally can't live in onitsha so I don't see how you can defend such a place.
I don't like ibadan either.
But then when used fake data in an argument I really don't know how to reply.
Google does not have a record of the number of mud houses in ibadan.
Let's not argue over 2 failed cities. I livery in

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Stop spewing nonsense. Ibadan is a mediocre failed town because it is full of mud houses.

80% of Nigerians can live in Onitsha but never in Ibadan because of mud houses.

Onitsha is a progressive city unlike Ibadan that has stuck in 1960s8

You and this your statistics. 80% where are you getting your numbers. People in onitsha and ibadan live there for lack of a better place.
Many of the wealthy traders prefer to live in Asaba.
If you had your way, you wouldn't be in onitsha.
Onitsha is not progressive and if you can't see this, I can't help you.
Onitsha needs leader who can tell themsleves the hard truth and fix the city not sycophant who keep sing praise songs to one of the worse citis in africa.
Now for some data. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2016/05/18/nigeria-s-onitsha-the-city-with-worst-air-quality-globally/[url][/url]
Onitsha is rated by WHO as the most polluted city in Africa and you are busy boasting of 10 lanes.
I don't even wish my enemy to live in pollution.
Onitsha isn't a good place to live.
So I find it hard to understand why you would praise a lost city and call it progressive.
Haba
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
You are obviously crying because i pointed out that Ibadan is filled with mud houses, which is a fact.

Pollution is an outcome of industrial presence, there is no major city without atom of air pollution.PH is today suffering black soot, so also Lagos. Today Onitsha has improved on air purity, no longer having air pollution.

Onitsha has population thrice that of Asaba, price of land is costly in Onitsha compare to Asaba, that's why some people are going to Asaba for cheaper land but the richest igbo still live in Onitsha upscale areas. Onitsha is a progressive city, unlike Ibadan that's filled with mud houses. Houses in Ibadan doesn't have toilets. Ibadan is a total shithole. 80% of Nigerians can live in Onitsha but never in Ibadan. I live in Onitsha because there are decent homes, but you cannot live in Ibadan, except you wanna live in mud house.

Many rich Oyo indigenes ran away to Lagos because there are no decent accommodation in Ibadan.

I am living in Onitsha because there are decent homes and planning unlike Ibadan that mud houses were packed like sardines. Pictures below show a progressive Onitsha and slum called Ibadan.

But in the case of Ibadan, it is a complete slum city filled with shanties, mud houses and slums.

See reference and pictures

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dpu-projects/Global_Report/pdfs/Ibadan.pdf

breathelove:

You and this your statistics. 80% where are you getting your numbers. People in onitsha and ibadan live there for lack of a better place.
Many of the wealthy traders prefer to live in Asaba.
If you had your way, you wouldn't be in onitsha.
Onitsha is not progressive and if you can't see this, I can't help you.
Onitsha needs leader who can tell themsleves the hard truth and fix the city not sycophant who keep sing praise songs to one of the worse citis in africa.
Now for some data. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2016/05/18/nigeria-s-onitsha-the-city-with-worst-air-quality-globally/[url][/url]
Onitsha is rated by WHO as the most polluted city in Africa and you are busy boasting of 10 lanes.
I don't even wish my enemy to live in pollution.
Onitsha isn't a good place to live.
So I find it hard to understand why you would praise a lost city and call it progressive.
Haba

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 1:29am On Jul 28, 2021
MysteryShopper:
You are obviously crying because i pointed out that Ibadan is filled with mud houses, which is a fact.

Pollution is an outcome of industrial presence, there is no major city without atom of air pollution.PH is today suffering black soot, so also Lagos. Today Onitsha has improved on air purity, no longer having air pollution.

Onitsha has population thrice that of Asaba, price of land is costly in Onitsha compare to Asaba, that's why some people are going to Asaba for cheaper land but the richest igbo still live in Onitsha upscale areas. Onitsha is a progressive city, unlike Ibadan that's filled with mud houses. Houses in Ibadan doesn't have toilets. Ibadan is a total shithole. 80% of Nigerians can live in Onitsha but never in Ibadan. I live in Onitsha because there are decent homes, but you cannot live in Ibadan, except you wanna live in mud house.

Many rich Oyo indigenes ran away to Lagos because there are no decent accommodation in Ibadan.

I am living in Onitsha because there are decent homes and planning unlike Ibadan that mud houses were packed like sardines. Pictures below show a progressive Onitsha and slum called Ibadan.

But in the case of Ibadan, it is a complete slum city filled with shanties, mud houses and slums.

See reference and pictures

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dpu-projects/Global_Report/pdfs/Ibadan.pdf

Really, you are not as smart as I thought.
I am neither from Ibadan or Onitsha.
I from Ghana married to an Anambra man.
I happen to have traveled Nigeria and west Africa vastly and I wouldn't advise anyone to visit Onitsha. It's not among the to 50 places to visit in Nigeria.
Unlike you, I am unbiased.
No one would go to Onitsha and fall in love with the slum.
We have many better places in the east.. Enugu, Asaba, even Abakiliki are are better places to be than Onitsha and your 20 lanes.
Again, you talk without facts. You talk about rich oyo indigenes running away. Would you point me to your source.
Onitsha has basically small and medium industry.
Ibadan has more multinational industry.
If you want, I would list them for you.
The biggest industry in Onitsha is hero beer.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by dettolgel: 2:08am On Jul 28, 2021
excess4luv:

do you like non-tested? Allow my guy test am to confirm

I want non tested bro. I will do the tasting myself
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by dettolgel: 2:10am On Jul 28, 2021
kindredspirit:

Very funny.

Reminds me of when I was looking for a Doctor chick to date some years back. I asked a friend who works in a Teaching Hospital to hook a brother up.

Dude calls me back some says later and goes " Bruh, I don get better Doki babe for you ! Very correct babe ! She no spoil at all ! Na only once I don sex am ! "

grin grin your guy wan off gbese for your head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Gives Cash And Cars To Teachers In Ekiti (Photos) / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protesters In Ibadan (Photos) / Dino Malaye Poses With His Benz And Puppies (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.