Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed (46243 Views)

Abia Bye-Election: Ikpeazu Restricts Movement In Aba North, Aba South LGAs / BREAKING: Obasek`s Movement Into PDP Confirmed, Moves With 80% Of Edo APC / Governor Obiano Restricts Movement Of Tankers Carrying Petrol From 8pm To 5am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by dettolgel: 2:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Vireani79:

After you find one marry
Maybe Carry go abroad and she refuse to give u her salary
Hope we no go hear murder passion soon

Hahaha. I no need anybody salary ooh. I get my own no.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by dettolgel: 2:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Localemperor:
Yes, am a student.

Na them full campus oo cheesy

Do you stay in Enugu or Southeast??

Enugu.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Localemperor: 6:37am On Jul 28, 2021
dettolgel:

Enugu.
Maybe if time would permit you one this day, you can come check them out.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2021
You are the one that's not smart at all..i am from Kogi but my mom is from Chad. I am not even from Anambra or Oyo state.

I am only being unbiased in my opinion. No one would go to Ibadan and want to stay back there because they have mainly mud houses unlike Onitsha that you would see decent homes and nice infrastructures.

Ibadan is a national disgrace and a slum, there are better places in southwest like Akure though it's still have mud houses but on a smaller scale than Ibadan.

I discuss facts, that's why I posted that report on slum in Ibadan. At least 80% of houses in Ibadan doesn't have modern water system toilets, because they build mostly mud houses. Pit toilet is still in use in southwest particularly in Ibadan, osogbo, abeokuta, and AKURE.

Onitsha is a progressive eastern city with decent housing and planning, this is not what you can find in Ibadan as mud houses are packed without planning. This is why most Oyo people are running away to Lagos.

Onitsha is a mega industrial and commercial city, that host millions of people both visitors and residents. In the east our cities are decent with decent housing system unlike southwest with mud houses. From Onitsha to Enugu, Awka, Owerri Abakaliki, Umuahia, etc, they all have same semblance- decent housing and decent environment.

This is not what you can find in southwest, as everywhere is packed with mud houses in their state capitals. Southwest should do more in modernising their towns to have a decent outlook.

breathelove:

Really, you are not as smart as I thought.
I am neither from Ibadan or Onitsha.
I from Ghana married to an Anambra man.
I happen to have traveled Nigeria and west Africa vastly and I wouldn't advise anyone to visit Onitsha. It's not among the to 50 places to visit in Nigeria.
Unlike you, I am unbiased.
No one would go to Onitsha and fall in love with the slum.
We have many better places in the east.. Enugu, Asaba, even Abakiliki are are better places to be than Onitsha and your 20 lanes.
Again, you talk without facts. You talk about rich oyo indigenes running away. Would you point me to your source.
Onitsha has basically small and medium industry.
Ibadan has more multinational industry.
If you want, I would list them for you.
The biggest industry in Onitsha is hero beer.

With the exception of Lagos which was a former FCT, Yoruba cities are far from civilisation and modernity unlike their eastern counterparts that are well planned and developed with decent housing.

1. Ibadan
2. Abeokuta
3 osogbo
4. Ado Ekiti

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by dettolgel: 11:05am On Jul 28, 2021
Localemperor:
Maybe if time would permit you one this day, you can come check them out.

Thanks I will and I will inform you.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
MysteryShopper:
You are the one that's not smart at all..i am from Kogi but my mom is from Chad. I am not even from Anambra or Oyo state.

I am only being unbiased in my opinion. No one would go to Ibadan and want to stay back there because they have mainly mud houses unlike Onitsha that you would see decent homes and nice infrastructures.

Ibadan is a national disgrace and a slum, there are better places in southwest like Akure though it's still have mud houses but on a smaller scale than Ibadan.

I discuss facts, that's why I posted that report on slum in Ibadan. At least 80% of houses in Ibadan doesn't have modern water system toilets, because they build mostly mud houses. Pit toilet is still in use in southwest particularly in Ibadan, osogbo, abeokuta, and AKURE.

Onitsha is a progressive eastern city with decent housing and planning, this is not what you can find in Ibadan as mud houses are packed without planning. This is why most Oyo people are running away to Lagos.

Onitsha is a mega industrial and commercial city, that host millions of people both visitors and residents. In the east our cities are decent with decent housing system unlike southwest with mud houses. From Onitsha to Enugu, Awka, Owerri Abakaliki, Umuahia, etc, they all have same semblance- decent housing and decent environment.

This is not what you can find in southwest, as everywhere is packed with mud houses in their state capitals. Southwest should do more in modernising their towns to have a decent outlook.

With the exception of Lagos which was a former FCT, Yoruba cities are far from civilisation and modernity unlike their eastern counterparts that are well planned and developed with decent housing.

1. Ibadan
2. Abeokuta
3 osogbo
4. Ado Ekiti
Now I get you my kogi boy. I now understand why you are so up in arms and sentimental about onitsha.
You live there, it's your city.
Actually I did not mean to offend you, I understand people get sad when you criticize their city.
The thing is personally, I can't stay a night in onitsha. I actually respect you guys that live there. I really wonder how you guys cope.
But we all are different, to you, onitsha might be heaven on earth another person would say ibadan is the best city.
I have visited a number of cities in Europe and Africa so you would understand why I don't rate onitsha so highly.
Cheers brother and keep repin your city.
And you are right, onitsha has 10 lanes
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
I actually get your point on your city(ibadan), but in all honesty I can stay an hour in Ibadan, not to talk of sleeping a night there.

I actually adore you guys that live in Ibadan, because it takes courage to live in such place with almost 100% mud houses and rustic brown roofs.

I personally appreciate you guys for being brave, though it takes more than courage to live in a place like Ibadan.

How you guys cope living in such a city with almost none existent of water system toilets is still a wonder to many of us across the Niger.

Thanks for repping your city, though not for me.

breathelove:

Now I get you my kogi boy. I now understand why you are so up in arms and sentimental about onitsha.
Actually I did not mean to offend you, I understand people get sad when you criticize their city.
The thing is personally, I can't stay a night in onitsha. I actually respect you guys that live there. I really wonder how you guys cope.
But we all are different, to you, onitsha might be heaven on earth another person would say ibadan is the best city.
I have visited a number of cities in Europe and Africa so you would understand why I don't rate onitsha so highly.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by breathelove(f): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
MysteryShopper:
I actually get your point on your city(ibadan, but in all honesty I can stay an hour in Ibadan, not to talk of sleeping a night there.

Lol brother my city is Accra or Brussels when I am in Europe and I am an ihiala woman by marriage.
Not onitsha or Ibadan.
I only found it funny that someone from onitsha can condemn ibadan. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.
Anyhow my kogi brother.
Cheers
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by MysteryShopper: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
breathelove:

I actually get your point on your city(ibadan), but in all honesty I can stay an hour in Ibadan, not to talk of sleeping a night there.

I actually adore you guys that live in Ibadan, because it takes courage to live in such place with almost 100% mud houses and rustic brown roofs.

I personally appreciate you guys for being brave, though it takes more than courage to live in a place like Ibadan.

How you guys cope living in such a city with almost none existent of water system toilets is still a wonder to many of us across the Niger.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed by Localemperor: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
dettolgel:

Thanks I will and I will inform you.
OK then... When you are ready!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Response To Fani Kayode For Defending Linda Ikeji / Oshiomhole Returns To Nigeria, Speaks On Encounter With DSS / Oba Akiolu: Nigerians In Washington-DC Protest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.