Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Dairy Of A Web Designer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dairy Of A Web Designer (8473 Views)

Thread: Dairy of a YouTube content creator / Dairy Of A Jobless Nigerian Ll. / How To Become A Web Designer In 8 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dairy Of A Web Designer by phemmylink(m): 1:21am On Jul 27, 2021
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews.

So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget.

It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout.

Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:06am On Jul 27, 2021
You were right to say that.
They acted so unprofessional.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by onlyhope: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Hi, you were wrong! The fact that you told them the applications you used does not mean that they will or they can do it like you would. Let me give you an instance here right now OK. I used Figma, html5, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver CS5, CSS and Bootstrap to design the website. What did this take away from me after telling you just now? Job seekers, you guys will just be turning an easy task to another complex issue. Well, I believe you're still young sá. All the best.
phemmylink:
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews. So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget. It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout. Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by design113: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2021
cool
It's cos of the situation in Nigeria. Employers act as if the salary they're going to pay you is money they're gifting you.
As if it's not your services they're paying for.

You're telling someone to get out like say you pay him transport to take come there.
Whatever happened to okay, we'll get back to you?

9 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Sniperance: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2021
I CAN RELATE
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Chatflick(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Work from home cool
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Jeromejnr(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
UI/UX designer here.

@OP what do you mean the apps you used are your intellectual property?

Is it not the same apps most of us use? I don't understand you Sir.

Or is there a super special software you have we don't know about?

If is code, there are applications some of us use without needing to code to design websites..so why hiding codes?

21 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Toluyitope: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Wow
I'm impressed
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by LMS1(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Bedtec: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Keep pushing man , you're on the right track

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by KawKaw: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2021
He shot himself in the foot
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2021
guy no worry just keep doing your thing... God favour will shine on you..
through perseverance u will achieve your dreams

3 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by jospepper(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2021
Make I balance here first.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by specie103(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2021
that Joy I felt when I finally saw that closing curly brace } disturbing my code from executing ehn.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Karleb(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2021
grin grin

You are funny!

The application you used to design, did you create them yourself? How then is it your intellectual property?

Just calm down, the only time you should say that is when someone tells you to give them your code.

Don't be too overprotective of a code/design wey never blow.

9 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by ERORR404(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2021
Where are the cows in this your "dairy"??

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Mafking(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2021
You can tell people the stacks you use to build a project. There's no harm in that

For instance like Mr Seun I used python to build www.afriqlik.com

2 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by nosagold(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews.

So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget.

It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout.

Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.

A web designer is different from a web developer. Which one are you?

4 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Seniorwriter(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2021
Symphonic.....

Deep Quote
There is nothing more than self discovery!....it's the fastest route to financial fulfillment.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by dannypolymath(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2021
I think you could have told them the applications you used.

As far they didn't ask for your source code, themes you used or the plugins to achieve a particular task with better optimisation, you could have answered their question.

You disclosing the applications you used wouldn't stop you from creating amazing projects

4 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by infogeneral: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2021
You should have told them the programming language, framework or technology you used. Those ones are not your intellectual properties. If they asked for the source code, you could decline. That's your intellectual property.

7 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Qualer: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:

Dairy abi Diary?? angry. Una don dey press milik?? grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Segfaultt(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2021
Girrlyy:
Similar to that of me a Graphics designer
Let's see your work
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by CSTRR: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2021
I hate gatekeepers.

If na so oyibo hide their "work" how will a black man like you dream of knowing web design?

YouTube is filled with videos of high quality exposè from white people that have created millions of tech experts all across the world.

Black man and selfishness.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Right Every Employee Should Know / Advise Needed On How To Make My Freedays Accountable / See The Salary Of A Primary School Teacher In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.