Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Dairy Of A Web Designer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dairy Of A Web Designer (8475 Views)

Thread: Dairy of a YouTube content creator / Dairy Of A Jobless Nigerian Ll. / How To Become A Web Designer In 8 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by derecho(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2021
onlyhope:
Hi, you were wrong! The fact that you told them the applications you used does not mean that they will or they can do it like you would. Let me give you an instance here right now OK. I used Figma, html5, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver CS5, CSS and Bootstrap to design the website. What did this take away from me after telling you just now? Job seekers, you guys will just be turning an easy task to another complex issue. Well, I believe you're still young sá. All the best.

Hmmn...but did you read where he said "...application and the codes"
If they love his work, why not employ him first?
Or better still give him a similar task to see if he can do what he claimed is his.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by AdeifofGod: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:

they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I

Your response is not right, the apps you use are not your intellectual property unless you develop those apps yourself.

You can decide to say that concerning your codes, but you can still show a few output of your codes (not the codes).

3 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by martinz1: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews.

So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget.

It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout.

Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.
You were wrong from my own view
In web development we share ideas
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by onlyhope: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2021
Well, at this information age, no employer shd just make an employment without reason. I wouldn't have replied, but so that all of us can learn and keep learning.... I discovered recently why there's no job in Nigeria because all of us are doing the same thing. I can graduate as an engineer and do the work of a receptionist and vice versa because we rarely train for special skills in Nigeria.
When I check websites abroad, there're always jobs. Why? Because they have specific problems they want to solve. Now back to the issue....
Let's assume the vacancy is for a web developer with javascript coding knowledge with laravel framework, jquery, etc. You as a developer can do the work with swishmax and Php or Flash. And you now came for the interview, you want me to employ you? The people/interviewers asking him know what they are doing jare. If I'm a senior developer looking for a junior developer to work with, we must be able to work with the same codes (By the way, I'm not a developer).
derecho:

Hmmn...but did you read where he said "...application and the codes"
If they love his work, why not employ him first?

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
ERORR404:
Where are the cows in this your "dairy"??

I was just scrolling through wondering why no one was pointing out the" dairy" error.

@OP, it's "diary."
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by ArticleBeast: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
pokopoko:

You are so blind you didn't see the part where I said I am currently using it.

Silence is the best answer for a _______________
So Even if you respond I won't bother to check it cos you are not that important
E pain am. grin grin
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by CodeTemplar: 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 1.
Rule 2.
Lol... So the thing enter you well? I like how you have a special moniker for getting people banned. The NLPoliceWoman account is always policing posts that reply to the hypocrisy of one particular . Isn't that randomly wonderful?
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by niel63(m): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Dude you were legit silly.
Even all your codebase, frameworks and the likes are OPEN SOURCE... haba... don't you know that your ideas, your design flow and pattern is unique. You really didn't need that. Go to github and see big time projects still in public repository that your can still fork and make something off.
You dey hide your own. Shebi na website, las las na wordpress. Or any other CMS.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by WaffenSS(m): 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
For fukk's sake it's diary, not dairy.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by oluwafemiabioye(f): 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mafking:
You can tell people the stacks you use to build a project. There's no harm in that

For instance like Mr Seun I used python to build www.afriqlik.com

I am new to Python how do you use Python to build something like that, isn't that HTML, CSS and Bootstrap?
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by kobosmart(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews.

So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget.

It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout.

Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.

Guy go an learn
Html5
Css3
Javascript
Reactjs
Nodejs
Mysql
With the right FREE course on youtube you can familiarize your self with these programmes in 2weeks tops.

After that source for project ideas on YouTube work on them put your spin on them and upload them to your github account, you can also record some YouTube videos of your self while you work

After that create your CV, join fiverr and linkedin

Wo guy I guarantee you the jobs that will come knocking will be nothing less than 300k jobs

Leave all these yeye local champion one man business meet people that are ready to accomplish sh×t

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Csami(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
post=104133445:
You were right to say that.
They acted so unprofessional.

You see this guy, he knows nothing. Likes to disturb nairaland with mostly nonsense and senseless comments.

@Op, you were wrong. Nobody is going to steal your design. There are internet laws that protects your project. With your mentality, it means you can't use github.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by TheManOfTheYear: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
infogeneral:
You should have told them the programming language, framework or technology you used. Those ones are not your intellectual properties. If they asked for the source code, you could decline. That's your intellectual property.
Even the source code is not an intellectual property. Anyone can get it by just a simple ctrl + u

Telling them doesn't mean they can do it. Doing it is another ball game entirely
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by NLPoliceWoman: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
RTR
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Sprumbaba: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
onlyhope:
Hi, you were wrong! The fact that you told them the applications you used does not mean that they will or they can do it like you would. Let me give you an instance here right now OK. I used Figma, html5, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver CS5, CSS and Bootstrap to design the website. What did this take away from me after telling you just now? Job seekers, you guys will just be turning an easy task to another complex issue. Well, I believe you're still young sá. All the best.

I hire too. If he tells me that, I will tell him to get out as well. Even me, I show potential clients application backend that belongs to another to get a job.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Disturb: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seu Mynd4 Justwis Dominiq
Rule 2
that guy said nothing wrong... Stop disturbing the peace of the mods over a harmless comment

manabbbqgrills be brave and use your original account to call the mods
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Thunday1005(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
I'm interested
Hightser:
Ok, if you want to learn ui/ux design for free then send me a pm, you must have your laptop and phone please and it’s free.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hightser: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thunday1005:
I'm interested

Send a mail
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Thunday1005(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:

Send a mail
Done
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by derecho(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
onlyhope:
Well, at this information age, no employer shd just make an employment without reason. I wouldn't have replied, but so that all of us can learn and keep learning.... I discovered recently why there's no job in Nigeria because all of us are doing the same thing. I can graduate as an engineer and do the work of a receptionist and vice versa because we rarely train for special skills in Nigeria.
When I check websites abroad, there're always jobs. Why? Because they have specific problems they want to solve. Now back to the issue....
Let's assume the vacancy is for a web developer with javascript coding knowledge with laravel framework, jquery, etc. You as a developer can do the work with swishmax and Php or Flash. And you now came for the interview, you want me to employ you? The people/interviewers asking him know what they are doing jare. If I'm a senior developer looking for a junior developer to work with, we must be able to work with the same codes (By the way, I'm not a developer).
Agreed they know what they are doing but telling them the tools and framework used should be enough.
If you want to test him along his claims you are welcome but which one be "gerrout" because hin no show dem the codes?
Employers should learn to value budding developers and stop acting like everything depends on them.
An amiable and smart employer can easily get those codes and more from the guy.
One thing you forgot to add to why jobs are "surplus" abroad is that they value you before your services.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Karleb(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Sprumbaba:

I hire too. If he tells me that, I will tell him to get out as well. Even me, I show potential clients application backend that belongs to another to get a job.

Get out is not a professional language.

You as a recruiter should desist from using it.

The guy said something wrong albeit professionally, he should be told to get out professionally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Segfaultt(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
kobosmart:

Guy go an learn
Html5
Css3
Javascript
Reactjs
Nodejs
Mysql
With the right FREE course on youtube you can familiarize your self with these programmes in 2weeks tops.

After that source for project ideas on YouTube work on them put your spin on them and upload them to your github account, you can also record some YouTube videos of your self while you work

After that create your CV, join fiverr and linkedin

Wo guy I guarantee you the jobs that will come knocking will be nothing less than 300k jobs

Leave all these yeye local champion one man business meet people that are ready to accomplish sh×t
oga you feel say all these things dey easy to learn
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
oluwafemiabioye:

I am new to Python how do you use Python to build something like that, isn't that HTML, CSS and Bootstrap?
Python was used for the backend.
HTML, css, Bootstrap et al are used on the front end.

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Abiboss: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Na Wa ooo
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by kobosmart(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Segfaultt:
oga you feel say all these things dey easy to learn
Twas easy for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Prospect(s) For Cias (i.e. Certified Internal Auditors) In Nigeria? / Doctors Or Nurses: Who Should Get Better Pay? / Labour Right Every Employee Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.