Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Dairy Of A Web Designer - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dairy Of A Web Designer (8681 Views)

Thread: Dairy of a YouTube content creator / Dairy Of A Jobless Nigerian Ll. / How To Become A Web Designer In 8 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Segfaultt(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
kobosmart:

Twas easy for me
just got a laptop, how do I get started?
Don't want to get too deep into programming, I want to venture into web designing, I want to start with the basics which is html and css.
With these can I become at least an average web designer in less than 3 months
Help a novice.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by kobosmart(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Segfaultt:
just got a laptop, how do I get started?
Don't want to get too deep into programming, I want to venture into web designing, I want to start with the basics which is html and css.
With these can I become at least an average web designer in less than 3 months
Help a novice.
Watch this video it's an 11hour full course on html and css

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU6anWqZJcc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Segfaultt(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
kobosmart:

Watch this video it's an 11hour full course on html and css

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU6anWqZJcc
thank you bro
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by kobosmart(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2021
Segfaultt:
thank you bro
wink anytime gee
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Mafking(m): 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
oluwafemiabioye:

I am new to Python how do you use Python to build something like that, isn't that HTML, CSS and Bootstrap?

Yeah that is technically HTML and Bootstrap,but you need something for backend,something like PHP, that's where python(flask) comes in

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Sprumbaba: 12:06am On Jul 29, 2021
Karleb:

Get out is not a professional language.

You as a recruiter should desist from using it.

The guy said something wrong albeit professionally, he should be told to get out professionally.

Lol. You will be okay. Get out professionally.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hullabaloon: 6:58am On Jul 29, 2021
Jeromejnr:
UI/UX designer here.

@OP what do you mean the apps you used are your intellectual property?

Is it not the same apps most of us use? I don't understand you Sir.

Or is there a super special software you have we don't know about?

If is code, there are applications some of us use without needing to code to design websites..so why hiding codes?

Hello bro, I just started my journey as a Ui/Ux designer.

Please, I have just 2 questions

1. How long did it take you to become good at Ui/Ux? I mean from a newbie to a pro. At least it'll help me with my learning curve.

2. Do you work as a freelancer? If yes, is there a demand for Ui/Ux designers?

And please, I beg in the name of the deity you worship, can you please point me to the tutorials you used when learning. It'll help me a lot. I'm learning with Figma.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hullabaloon: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2021
Hightser:
Ok, if you want to learn ui/ux design for free then send me a pm, you must have your laptop and phone please and it’s free.

I'm interested bro
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Jeromejnr(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2021
Hullabaloon:

Hello bro, I just started my journey as a Ui/Ux designer.

Please, I have just 2 questions

1. How long did it take you to become good at Ui/Ux? I mean from a newbie to a pro. At least it'll help me with my learning curve.

2. Do you work as a freelancer? If yes, is there a demand for Ui/Ux designers?

And please, I beg in the name of the deity you worship, can you please point me to the tutorials you used when learning. It'll help me a lot. I'm learning with Figma.

1. To learn UI for me did not take time because I had been involved in graphic design in the past. You can use 1 week to learn UI design. But the UX takes much more time and experience. Some focus much more on the UI than the UX. Let me just say 3 months should give you a good place...but obviously you become better over time.

2. So many demands for designers. And yes I prefer freelance to working in an organisation. Though there is a lot of competition online. A lot of work opp for UI/UX designers because many Web developers do not have that skill

I use Figma also.

Use Udemy courses for Tutorials and follow some YouTube channels to get you up to speed with tips and tricks.

See YouTube channels below.

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by beyondPen(m): 8:57am On Jul 29, 2021
The employer will not need your type in his undertaking.

You might even been the type work will resign and feel tired of been bossed around. You are the type who believes in himself and it's ok.

Just no that once bitten, twice shy. Move on. You are on the right track. Keep connecting, reasoning critically, building stuffs.

It will find you one day.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Humanoid01(m): 11:58am On Jul 29, 2021
kobosmart:
Twas easy for me
Why was it easy for you?
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hullabaloon: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
Jeromejnr:

1. To learn UI for me did not take time because I had been involved in graphic design in the past. You can use 1 week to learn UI design. But the UX takes much more time and experience. Some focus much more on the UI than the UX. Let me just say 3 months should give you a good place...but obviously you become better over time.

2. So many demands for designers. And yes I prefer freelance to working in an organisation. Though there is a lot of competition online. A lot of work opp for UI/UX designers because many Web developers do not have that skill

I use Figma also.

Use Udemy courses for Tutorials and follow some YouTube channels to get you up to speed with tips and tricks.

Thanks bro. God bless you.

And just a little favour. Udemy courses are mostly costly. Do you by chance, have link to any free one. As per Google Drive things
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Jeromejnr(m): 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hullabaloon:

And just a little favour. Udemy courses are mostly costly. Do you by chance, have link to any free one. As per Google Drive things

No I don't. I think for that, try Coursera and check if there are free courses.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hullabaloon: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2021
Jeromejnr:

No I don't. I think for that, try Coursera and check if there are free courses.

OK, thanks once again
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Carmal90(m): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hullabaloon:

Try this,
Go to udemy, check for the course you want to watch, copy the name, go to google paste and add free download...
It will pop up if it is available on those free sites....

What is needed from you now is data to download....

With mtn 5k for 40g, you are cool
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hullabaloon: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Carmal90:

Try this,
Go to udemy, check for the course you want to watch, copy the name, go to google paste and add free download...
It will pop up if it is available on those free sites....

What is needed from you now is data to download....

With mtn 5k for 40g, you are cool

Just saw one. It's a torrent file. Thanks very much bro
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by 1stbest(m): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2021
Jeromejnr:

I use Figma also.

can you teach me graphic design

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driving School In Ibadan / Advise Needed On How To Make My Freedays Accountable / Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.