Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Dairy Of A Web Designer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dairy Of A Web Designer (8472 Views)

Thread: Dairy of a YouTube content creator / Dairy Of A Jobless Nigerian Ll. / How To Become A Web Designer In 8 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by hahn(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2021
Dairy?

You are a web designer that also breeds cows for milk? undecided
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by timbs001(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2021
Op. I don't think there is anything wrong in what they asked. Telling them the frameworks/libraries or programming language you used to develop your apps does not take anything away from you! In fact it will let them know the stacks you use and if you are a right fit for them. As long as they don't ask for the source code itself, there is no need to raise any alarm.

2 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by KingAlabi: 9:44am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews.

So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget.

It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout.

Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.

You would have showed them just a snapshot(brief look in), not everything na, if I was in their position I will feel no be you designer am.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Hightser: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2021
Ok, if you want to learn ui/ux design for free then send me a pm, you must have your laptop and phone please and it’s free.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by hahn(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2021
CSTRR:
I hate gatekeepers.

If na so oyibo hide their "work" how will a black man like you dream of knowing web design?

YouTube is filled with videos of high quality exposè from white people that have created millions of tech experts all across the world.

Black man and selfishness.

Absofuckinglutely annoying.

Left to people like op wordpress would never exist.

The way Africans love to hoard knowledge it is obvious why we remain backward

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by bibbiana(f): 9:49am On Jul 28, 2021
Telling someone how to make it doesn't mean he/she would make it.

Register and earn when you perform daily tasks. No harm in trying, as you must not pay before you earn.
http://www.goldenlion.top/#/register/0015881
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by hahn(m): 9:50am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:
It was never a hard feeling for me to be an unaccomplished web designer, shishi I didn’t gain, it was a sense of fulfillment back then, I had this top of the world feeling that I can create something, fact that I was creative drove me and got me high atimes but this was not filling my pocket up with cash like uncle Seun spews.

So on that fateful day, I boarded a bus from Osho do to surulere, dropped at one lousy bus top to attend one of those interviews I will never forget.

It was my turn to go in, and when I got in I saw two goofy looking guys, they asked the usual bla bla bla questions, to cut the long story short they asked me what are the applications and codes I used to design the websites I showed them I did and I told them it was my intellectual property and I can’t share that with them only if I am guaranteed the job, and one of the dude who was the boss asked me to gerrout.

Was it wrong for me to say that, the question keeps bordering me all through my journey back home.

You no get sense.

Are you the one that came up with HTML?

If the people who created wordpress had this kind of mentality would you be able to even call yourself a web designer?

You no get sense angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by CSTRR: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2021
hahn:

I just tire.

Just look at freecodecamp.
Na human being create am.

Na human beings dey post videos there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Karleb(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2021
hahn:

Oyinbo also hoard knowledge. cheesy

The reason they make so many things free is because they make money indirectly from it, so long it's not a non-profit.

The OP is most likely a newbie. He should be forgiven.

@OP I'd advice you email them and tell them you misjudge their intentions. Also ask for another interview nicely and take your time to talk technical about your design in your mail.

Like someone rightly stated, they might think you didn't design the design.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by hahn(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2021
Karleb:

The reason they make so many things free is because they make money indirectly from it, so long it's not a non-profit.

@OP I'd advice you email them and tell them you misjudge their intentions. Also ask for another interview nicely and take your time to talk technical about your design in your mail.

Like someone rightly stated, they might think you didn't design the design.

They give out more than they hoard bro especially compared to Africans.

OP probably used wordpress or one free software to design whatever he designed.

The op is mad sad

3 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by julybaba(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2021
The web space is majorly open source, there is nothing that can't be pirated.

I believe that your "source code" is a fragment of other people's source code, the end game is to make money from your efforts & knowledge.

Web designing is like mixing recipes & condiments from various sources to make a good meal. In the cyberspace, you own nothing, but you can earn from everything.

In peroration, I will advice you to narrow down your niche, as web designing is vast and broad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by gracedson: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2021
You don’t know what you are doing.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by olioxx(m): 10:03am On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:
Ok, if you want to learn ui/ux design for free then send me a pm, you must have your laptop and phone please and it’s free.
Senior man I wan apply.
My mobile number is in my Signature.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2021
Guy stick to your gun.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Maydayy(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:
Hi, how can I reach you please?
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by evenom(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2021
Bro you should also have some opensource projects that you're willing to let people see what's under the hood...while what they did was unprofessional, sharing your code makes them see how sophisticated you are.....besides a lot of the codes that made the world run is shared and it's okay to have an intellectual property
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Ayula911: 10:17am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Ajibade123(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2021
they only asked to see your code and you start speaking grammar they can't use your code na not like that they didn't even clone it just to see

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2021
You were wrong cuz if they stole your work, you would have made more from them than you make from denying them the opportunity to see your work. Meanwhile, I'm a computer programmer and I've never attended any interview. Fiverr, upwork and freelancer were my office for many years until I built a real office.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by CodeTemplar: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2021
Karleb:

He messes up big time.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by CodeTemplar: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2021
[i][/i]
evenom:
Bro you should also have some opensource projects that you're willing to let people see what's under the hood...while what they did was unprofessional, sharing your code makes them see how sophisticated you are.....besides a lot of the codes that made the world run is shared and it's okay to have an intellectual property
he wasn't asked to share his code. Just normal interview to know what he works with. Is it java, jquery, php, or just some static markup language.
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by Rick9(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2021
hahn:

It's very irritating even as they hoard knowledge, they still don't know anything. Mshew

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by etoluw: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:

I think you were wrong. They needed to be convinced that you were capable before they employ you. I also would likely have asked you the same questions.

I'll suggest you start your own web design outfit.

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by oluwaseyi0: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2021
phemmylink:

You are very very very wrong to say that

They are asking you that not because they want to steal your work, the product you built may be completely different from what the are building

They ask you so as to know if you will be a right fit for their team for example if you built your app with Java and they use php in-house, you guys are outrightly incompatible no matter how good you are because your work tool differs, either they employ more Java people or look for PHP team

It also shows you are naive, pardonably young, inexperienced and probably troublesome

Even if they ask you to show them your code it's to ascertain your level of coding capability that's why most coy give coding challenge to just test what you write but how you write it down to ascertain your thought process, code structure, scalability and even mudane thing like variable names

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by femijay8271(m): 11:10am On Jul 28, 2021
Hightser:

Am interested pls
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by RoseDesQ: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid 500,000 Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4
Re: Dairy Of A Web Designer by 3RNEST(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2021
Just simple question, you match line. grin

Who knows if that question will mk ways for u.

Please I really to know more of that

intellectual property undecided of yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Right Every Employee Should Know / Advise Needed On How To Make My Freedays Accountable / See The Salary Of A Primary School Teacher In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.