Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? (681 Views)

Lady Rejects Soldier's Marriage Proposal (I Don't Know When You Will Die) / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents / Opinion: Relationship Is Being Used For Free Casual Sex Anytime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by Ayietim(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
It’s Over.
Some are not bold enough to say the words, “It’s over between us”.They don’t want to hurt nobody.

They hope for their actions to ‘say’, ‘This relationship is over’.

They may demonstrate the hope in many ways. Some of the ways are;

The partner who wants out cuts off the lifeline of the relationship. The lifeline of every relationship is a healthy, two way communication. The partner who wants out ceases to answer and return calls.

On rare occasions when they answer calls, they blame their inability to call back on ‘being too busy’. Some may be rude. They let you know that ‘You are too demanding of their time’ or ‘You are too self-centered’.

Press on to express your frustration at being shut of their lives, you get to hear, ‘I am tired of this, you are so unsupportive.”

Take the hint in the message. It’s in “I am tired of this…” You may choose to stay on with the hope that they find their way back to your heart. Or you may want to walk away and get a life.

The partner who wants to walk away suddenly begins to find faults with almost everything you do or say. Your presence alone constitutes an ‘irritant’. Complaints become a daily bitter pill you have to swallow.
‘What is going on darling?” you may ask.
‘What?’ may be the answer?
“You seem to be complaining so much about everything I do or say. Have I done anything wrong darling?’ you really want to know.
“Look! I am tired of everything!!’ could be the thunderous response, the walking out on you and the slamming of the door in your face.
The drama is sure going to keep reoccurring until one person finally finds the courage to say, ‘I am tired, let’s go our separate ways.”

When the trust is gone, you are no longer taken into confidence. You want to know about things happening in the office? Go ahead and ask,

‘How was the office today?”

‘Fine.’ A brusque answer.

You are confused? You are wondering whether to probe further or to let sleeping dogs lie. Wisdom whispers in your ear, “Avoid another fight this night.’

You are no longer found trustworthy to have a share in their dreams, works-in-progress, bad and good moments. Such moments are either locked up within or shared with someone else.

Yes, the mind is now on someone else, someone more appealing. The heart belongs to someone now regarded as a ‘better or a more suitable partner’.

You have ceased to be the one after the heart of the partner who wishes you get the hint that ‘the relationship is over’. Eventually you become used to talking to a wood. Most times, conversations with your once talkative partner become a monologue; you end up talking to yourself. The body is with you but the mind is with someone else. Take the hint.

Physical intimacy? You can’t remember the last time they had a burning in their veins for you, can you? That can’t happen anymore except under an influence. The heart is gone, Wake up! Try to bring up the subject and get served flimsy excuses.

Take the initiative to create moments of intimacy and get pushed away. The multiple rejections are eventually going to get to you. When they do, you would prefer to let them go.

https://ayietim.com/2021/07/27/how-do-you-know-when-a-relationship-is-over/
Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by tayewomi(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Mine:Dear pls can come over during the weekend,No am going to the market with my Mom,days later discovered she's home all over the weekend,questioned her:says she's doesn't want to visit strangers it all ended there
Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by Ayietim(m): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
tayewomi:
Mine:Dear pls can come over during the weekend,No am going to the market with my Mom,days later discovered she's home all over the weekend,questioned her:says she's doesn't want to visit strangers it all ended there

You are correct. So sad.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
when you dont desire/enjoy the relationship then its over....and you shouldnt waste any more of your/her time, and say it loud and clear.
Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by Karlifate: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
You'll just know cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by Nurseonduty(f): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
He said he wanted to focus on God...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by Ayietim(m): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nurseonduty:
He said he wanted to focus on God...

Hmmmm....
Re: How Do You Know When A Relationship Is Over? by Dicksonnet: 4:18am On Jul 28, 2021
If you are a woman between 40 and 50 years of age and wish to settle down for marriage, contact me please
Your conscience must be alive and active
You must be educated (not below a first degree)
You must be Gainfully employed(preferably RICH)
You must be a genuine christian
Not a divorcee
Not a widow
Not a single mother
I am very real no gimmicks.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed / Juju Or Love? What Would You Call This? / Bbnaija: [VIDEO] She Is A Marketer – Whitemoney Says After Angel Deliberately Fl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.