Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga (7256 Views)

Setting Straight The Record On Peter Obi And Seun Kuti: Reno Omokri / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Putting Lives Of Judges In Danger - Buhari Med / See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 2:50am On Jul 28, 2021
scholes0:

And those two are the least populated LGs in the state, but somehow always churn out elephant votes during elections. grin
Those are the abnormalities caused by Ibori and his corrupt PDP gang in Delta State in a bid to always rig out opposition parties particularly Great Ogboru. I could remember during Ibori and Uduaghan's administrations how they provided speed boats and used money to enticed ignorant people from uplands to go register in the the riverine communities of Burutu, Bomadi and Warri South-West LGAs in a bid to swell up the voters registers of those places for election rigging purposes. It was a strategic plan because PDP know elections are hardly monitored in the creeks and swamps. Can you imagine that since then votes coming from those sparsely populated rural creeks/ fishing villages of Burutu now doubles votes from the densely populated and large city of Warri? How do you explain? It's against any sane logic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by JubrinElSudan: 3:47am On Jul 28, 2021
SlayerForever:
There is a saying that goes thus : foolishness makes one very bold.

On your own you calculated 6.5 million. And still in your conclusion you somehow jumped to 17 million. Are you normal at all?
Your first statement as in " Iberibe na enye Onye ara morale" grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by richmond500: 4:05am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
thank you beloved brother.... ijawcitizen tutudesz diamond500 acrifa saintbishop come o the vulture are fighting us
diamond500, lol.
Actually I don't comment on this guys thread, I just no deh gbadun the guy vibes.

#unfollows thread
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by opuambe(m): 5:48am On Jul 28, 2021
ekesol:

Opobo, Borny don't speak ijaw. They speak Igbo. Abia/odua are a distinct group not ijaw
Andoni is not ijaw. So the number of ijaws on Rivers state is less than 500,000
do opobo is not ijaw and also andoni is not ijaw and abual/odual .. bro now I know you don't know anything about the ijaw tribe.
Are you aware that ijaw also have two local government in akwa-ibom ? They are eastern obolo and ibeno
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by BSdetector: 6:06am On Jul 28, 2021
Everyone should just know their place to avoid stories that touch. You can 1billion as long as it's within your SS.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by SlayerForever: 6:11am On Jul 28, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Your first statement as in " Iberibe na enye Onye ara morale" grin

Ijie.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 6:24am On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
diamond500, lol.
Actually I don't comment on this guys thread, I just no deh gbadun the guy vibes.

#unfollows thread
oh.. see how i mistaken my brother name..
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2021
Kirigidi:
Why are you deceiving yourself Mr man? In the first place Ijaws are not indigenous to Warri South LGA. That is why since the creation of that LGA, no Ijaw has been a Local Govt Chairman or Vice Chairman. Those positions only rotate between Itsekiris and Urhobos in Warri South. Secondly, Patani LGA is not a completely Ijaw LGA because it includes many indigenous Urhobo towns and villages such as Uduophori and Odorubu. That is why there is always power sharing in Patani LGA in such a way that if Ijaw produces the Local Govt Chairman Urhobo usually produce the Local Govt Vice Chairman. It seems you are not from Delta State that is why you don't know all these.
shut up...you are not from delta state.... people that know in and out are talking and you also is talking.... you that dont even where warri is.... you think i dont know you... go back to your kogi state
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 6:42am On Jul 28, 2021
ekesol:

Do they speak ijaw? Okwujaggwu , Amadiama speak Igbo , how are they ijaws.
Rubbish.
Ijaws in Rivers state is not up 500,000

What's the meaning of Ama in ibo land.
They are okrikans and the Ibo they speak is as a result of Ibo women they married. There is nothing like Ibo in them. Call them Ibo and you might be stoned
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2021
Kirigidi:
It seems you are not from Delta State or you just deliberately want to mislead the reading public. Ijaws only own 2 homogeneous LGAs (Bomadi and Burutu) in Delta State and share the other 3 with Itsekiris and Urhobos (Warri North, Warri South and Patani LGAs). Urhobos have 8 homogeneous LGAs (Ethiope East, Ethiope West, Okpe, Sapele, Udu, Ughelli North, Ughelli South and Uvwie LGAs) owned by only them and share 2 other LGAs with Itsekiris and Ijaws (Warri South and Patani LGAs). In total, Urhobos are indigenous to 10 LGAs (8+2=10). Isoko has 2 homogeneous LGAs (Isoko North and Isoko South) but are also found in Ndokwa East LGA, thereby making it 3 LGAs for Isoko. If you should combine Urhobo LGAs (10) and Isoko LGAs (3) that will give you a grand total of 13 LGAs (10+3=13) out of the 25 LGAs. Ijaws are just minority in Delta State.
urohbo 10 LGAs isoko 3LGAs northern delta 9LGAs.....are you mad? how many LGAs then is in delta state?
go back to your kogi state
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2021
Kirigidi:
Don't mind that guy. I'm from Delta State. Ijaw has only two homogeneous LGAs namely Bomadi and Burutu out of the total 25 LGAs which make up Delta State. However they can also be found in only three other LGAs which they share with Itsekiris and Urhobos, namely Warri North, Warri South-West and Patani LGAs. Urhobo are by far the majority in Delta State followed by Delta Igbo. Ijaws are mere minority not up to one million population.
is there a tribe called delta ibo? you this ignorant boy.... where is the tribe called delta igbo is?
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by htdot: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2021
Ebitimi44:

We need to start putting things straight, every side is trying to make the Ijaws a spoil, but we are a majority tribe in Southern Nigeria by all ramifications, population, number of states, landmass, etc by landmass we are still third, After Yoruba, Igbo, the next people in landmass is Ijaw, by coastlines, we are the second, After Yorubas the next people by coastline is Ijaw, what are they even saying.
The ijaw even larger than the igbo in term of landmass
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by htdot: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
sorry those people are not ijaw ,ijaw start and end in bayelsa
You go and tell that to Tompolo and asari dokubo..
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by htdot: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2021
velocity25:
bro you really get time for this Fulani tribe of southern Nigeria grin grin
The fulani tribe of the southern nigeria are the south East... Fulani dont have sea as well as the ibo-similarity.
The igbo and fulani are landlocked...
The igbo and fulani like migrating to other people places...
The fulani can kill because of cow, the igbo can kill for money.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2021
limeta:

Mad people every where ijaws are tenants in edo when you come for your people in edo they go with you the land remains edo .
are you talking with juju on mouth?
yours is too tiny and weak to grab Ijaw lands...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
i will find out the lgs...

Local government that Ijaws occupy in Abia and Akwa Ibom?
angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2021
Ariani:

Don't lie bro.
No Izon man can understand an Ogbia man.
That's a blatant lie.
The two languages are totally unrelated.

This is not a case of dialectical variation.

Urhobo and Isoko are both Edoid languages and are intelligible mutually to an extent.

But Ogbia and Izon are two entirely different languages.

Let's start saying the truth for once in this country.
The lies are too much already. How can you say you understand Ogbia language as an Izon man. Bros fear God small nah.
dont talk ignorants talk here..... only a children may not understand ogbia dialect...... go to Ijaw clinic language in facebook and get well.... i understand ogbia that is farther from me.... matured people from ogbia also understand my egbema dialect...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2021
Someone here is claiming that Ijaw is majority in Rivers and Delta, how funny you can be.
How do you convince any sane person that Ijaw is majority in this Delta talk more of Rivers?
An Andoni man will chop pff your head the day you address him as an Ijaw man talk more of Ogoni? I even saw where Bonny is included as an Ijaw populated local government.

There are three ethnic groups in Bayelsa, namely;
Ijaw
Epie
Akassa
Even an Ogbia man will not accept the Ijaw tag, I don't know where you guys get the idea of Bayelsa being a homogeneous Ijaw state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:15am On Jul 28, 2021
Ekealterego:
Ogbians do not speak an Izon language, if anything, their language is closer to Ogoni and Ibibio and Efik... They can be regarded as Central Deltan people under Cross-Riverians.
shut up pained ipob soul.... if you know any word ogbia, then asked me let me tell you the meaning...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:18am On Jul 28, 2021
Ariani:

Lol!
I have been there before bro.
Some of us Know all these places like the back of our hands.
You can't come online and start lying to us. I don't know what you intend to achieve with that. It's not like it will change the reality on ground.
Any body can simply download a dictionary of Ogbia language and words and compare with those of Ijaw and see how totally world apart both are.
It doesn't make sense.
Linguists had all studied every single language in the Niger Delta, and it's not a rocket science that Andoni, Ogbia, Odual, Abua, Degema, Epie, Attissa, Engenni, are all independent Languages of their own, totally unrelated to Izon language. These languages have all been classified, some into Edoid and others into "lower cross River" languages.
They are by no means Ijoid, let alone Ijaw.
but we all speak the Ijaw language
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 7:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
urohbo 10 LGAs isoko 3LGAs northern delta 9LGAs.....are you mad? how many LGAs then is in delta state?
go back to your kogi state
Delta North has 9 LGAs (Igbo), Delta Central has 8 LGAs (completely Urhobo), Delta South has 8 LGAs (jointly owned by Isoko, Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo). Total (9+8+8=25). Break down of the 8 LGAs in Delta South: Isoko North LGA and Isoko South LGA (owned by Isoko only), Bomadi LGA and Burutu LGA (owned by Ijaw only), Patani LGA (jointly owned by Ijaw and Urhobo), Warri South LGA (jointly owned by Itsekiri and Urhobo), Warri South-West LGA (jointly owned by Itsekiri and Ijaw) and Warri North LGA (jointly owned by Itsekiri and Ijaw). In summary, the entire 8 LGAs in Delta Central are owned by only Urhobo people while Urhobos are also indigenous to Warri South LGA and Patani LGA making it a total of (8+2=10) 10 LGAs. On the other hand, Isoko has 2 LGAs (Isoko South and Isoko North) but some of their communities are also parts of Ndokwa East LGA making it a total (2+3=3). So what is your point of argument? Are there not 25 LGAs in Delta State? Is Delta North Senatorial District (Igbo) not having 9 LGAs? Is Delta Central Senatorial District (Urhobo) not having 8 LGAs? Is Delta South Senatorial District (Isoko, Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo) not having 8 LGAs also?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Muna4real:

Ijaws are not majority in Delta. Please don't lie.
shut up...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2021
Ekealterego:
How? Do they speak an Ijaw language? How are exactly a sub group when they speak a cross-Riverian language? Or is Izon now a political party? Can you explain?
yes..ogbia speak Ijaw language.... presented any place you got it doubt i will explain...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
shut up...you are not from delta state.... people that know in and out are talking and you also is talking.... you that dont even where warri is.... you think i dont know you... go back to your kogi state
You have no fact to back up your bogus claims and you are embarrassed that someone here has exposed your lies.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:27am On Jul 28, 2021
Validated:

Op if Ijaw population is upto 3m, GEJ would still be president.
and obi and atiku of hausa lost election to minority fulanis and big yoruba..
two full big tribe could not withstand 1 and half tribe in election...
talk with sense please
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2021
Kirigidi:
Ijaw majority in Delta State? What sort of stupidity is this? With how many LGAs? Mr man simply visit Delta State Government official website, after Urhobo as majority the next in line is Delta Igbo. Ijaw is a mere minority in Delta State.
which tribe is delta ibo again? you this ignorant boy...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2021
ekesol:

Opobo, Borny don't speak ijaw. They speak Igbo. Abia/odua are a distinct group not ijaw
Andoni is not ijaw. So the number of ijaws on Rivers state is less than 500,000
did the people you mention reject Ijaw or you are the one to reject it for them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / This Is Chinedu Vivour Rhodes Deputy Governor / Apprentice Gone Rogue: Why Atiku Shunned, Humiliated Obi At Bayelsa Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.