Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga (7139 Views)

Setting Straight The Record On Peter Obi And Seun Kuti: Reno Omokri / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Putting Lives Of Judges In Danger - Buhari Med / See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Ijaws population, pata pata will be 8 million. Not even up to 10 miliion bit OP dey talk 17 million grin
only three states recorded nearly 7million... what of the rest 5states? Ijaws are 17million
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
only three states recorded nearly 7million... what of the rest 5states? Ijaws are 17million
You're free to keep on deceiving yourself.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by senatordave1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
warri north....burutu....warri south....warri south west...bomadi... Ijaw LGAs in delta state...

There are no ijaws in warri south LGA my boy

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

There are no ijaws in warri south LGA my boy
i hear u my boy
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by senatordave1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
scholes0:

And those two are the least populated LGs in the state, but somehow always churn out elephant votes during elections. grin

Esp burutu.pdp rigging office
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by senatordave1(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Kirigidi:
Those are the abnormalities caused by Ibori and his corrupt PDP gang in Delta State in a bid to always rig out opposition parties particularly Great Ogboru. I could remember during Ibori and Uduaghan's administrations how they provided speed boats and used money to enticed ignorant people from uplands to go register in the the riverine communities of Burutu, Bomadi and Warri South-West LGAs in a bid to swell up the voters registers of those places for election rigging purposes. It was a strategic plan because PDP know elections are hardly monitored in the creeks and swamps. Can you imagine that since then votes coming from those sparsely populated rural creeks/ fishing villages of Burutu now doubles votes from the densely populated and large city of Warri? How do you explain? It's against any sane logic!

These areas alongside rivers are the hotbed of rigging in nigeria
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by isokomarine: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
urohbo 10 LGAs isoko 3LGAs northern delta 9LGAs.....are you mad? how many LGAs then is in delta state?
go back to your kogi state
you lack elementary mathematics
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by ekesol: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
RobbStark:

What's the meaning of Ama in ibo land.
They are okrikans and the Ibo they speak is as a result of Ibo women they married. There is nothing like Ibo in them. Call them Ibo and you might be stoned

Rubbish they speak Igbo and abandoned ijaw.see it life? U re confused

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
cheruv:

Isoko 2.. Isoko north and south
Ijo 3... Patani, Bomadi and Burutu
Ṣekiri, +Usobo & Ijo 3... Warri North, South and West
Urhobo towns and villages are also in Patani LGA. They usually produce the Local Govt Vice Chairmanship position.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
Captain8:
abeg i never get your time now... i am Ijaw from delta state...
We don't have ijaw in Delta State mister man.

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

We don't have ijaw in Delta State mister man.
aunty cocaine is not good for your health
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Lol

See as you dey deal with the guy with facts grin

grin
I was surprised jare grin
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
Captain8:
thank you beloved brother.... ijawcitizen tutudesz diamond500 acrifa saintbishop come o the vulture are fighting us

Awusa-afonja zombie calling on other zonbies
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
Ebitimi44:
Nigerian statistics is obviously questionable but I don't think there is any challenge to the Ijaws on the position as the third largest Ethnicity in Southern Nigeria.

Many people cite not seeing much of Ijaw presence in other cities as a means of arguing that Ijaws are less populated, this assertion however is a complete fallacy as Ijaw is undeniably populous.

I will be backing up my claims with facts and common sense. You will not see Ijaws in major cities becuase of the traditional occupation of the Ijaws which is fishing and in places where we abound it is usually a cluster.

Ijaws are more likely to to be found in coastal areas and as such the Niger Delta interior had always been our native land.

Fact One: Bayelsa state is a predominately Ijaw State is over 2.5 Million while 2006 census puts it at 1.7 million I hope you know that despite the inaccuracy of Nigerian census we also grow.

2. Ijaws constitute the coastal areas of Rivers state which constitutes about 39% of Rivers putting Rivers state at approximately 6 million today that puts Ijaws in Rivers at over 2 million.

3. The Ijaws in Delta State: the population of Delta state shall be running at about another 6 million, let's say the Ijaws Chuns out another 2 million people over there.

This 3 states alone could arguably put Ijaws at about 6.5 million in just 3 states, tell me another tribe in Nigeria apart from Igbo, Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba coming anywhere close to the above verifiable data.

Then add the Ijaws in Edo State, with Ondo, with Lagos, there is no verifiable data in these Areas as these states especially Lagos and Ondo are trying too hard to Yorubanize the Ijaws in these areas.

Should a realistic census be conducted in Nigeria indicating tribes the Ijaws could be well over 17 million.

Why do you think the Ijaws inflate our population, when last did we hold crucial role in the census bureau, Goodluck Jonathan was not the president at 2006 when the last census was held rather it was the Ijaw hating Obasanjo so how could we have manipulated our data, be that as it may, there is also no proof of everyone else's actual population so Ijaws knows exactly how our population is distributed.

How did Bayelsa pooulation increase by 800k in less than 15 years...Not even up to a generation.

". Ijaws constitute the coastal areas of Rivers state which constitutes about 39% of Rivers putting Rivers state at approximately 6 million today that puts Ijaws in Rivers at over 2 million

''This is aggressively false. Number 3 is equally false.

Pls dont call this verifiable data again, this is pure utopia.

How can ijaws constitute 40% of rivers state??gosh, pls stop making it seem as if u are a paid writer. How d hell is ijaw wey be minority in delta represent 33% of the population!!!!

How many local govt areas is populated by ijaw in delta state and rivers state.

""the Ijaws could be well over 17 million"''

17 million people ijaw people living where Inside this nigeria?

If ijaw is 17 million, then IGBOs should be over 100 million. Haba, stop these lies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
Gambit23:

Awusa-afonja zombie calling on other zonbies
who is this idiot?
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by gheekhone: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
The Ijaws being over 1 million in Edo state is incorrect. The whole population of the state isn't up to 5 million.

Ebitimi44:

Ijaws are over 3 million in Bayelsa, Over 2 million In Delta, over 2 million in Rivers, over 1 million in Ondo, over 1 million in Edo, over 1 million in Lagos, and more
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by wislika2020: 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=Amarabae post=104155153]Ijaws are not up to 7million,
You guys are not up to 1 million in Delta,
Around 2.5million in Bayelsa and 2million in Rivers,
There are no Ijaws in Ondo, Ondo is South West Yoruba land, Ijaw begins and ends in South South
Fly fly dearie[/quot

Illaje, in Ondo. After Hausa,Yorubas, Igbo, Ijaw next......
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
fool...

Awusa-afonja, e pain u? grin grin
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2021
Gambit23:

Awusa-afonja, e pain u? grin grin
illiterate ipob who cant understand simple reading and understanding....illiterate igbo youth..... go back and check my comments from page one to here..do they look like like yoruba or hausa to you..? or you just illiterate to read and understand?
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 11:22am On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
illiterate ipob who cant understand simple reading and understanding....illiterate igbo youth..... go back and check my comments from page one to here..do they look like like yoruba or hausa to you..? or you just illiterate to read and understand?

Awusa-afonja u are still pained.

Pls go to ur dictionary so that u can learn what illiteracy is?.. cheesy
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 11:23am On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
who is this idiot?

Awusa-afonja paid dolt,I'm ur worse nightmare
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ebitimi44:

Ijaws are over 3 million in Bayelsa, Over 2 million In Delta, over 2 million in Rivers, over 1 million in Ondo, over 1 million in Edo, over 1 million in Lagos, and more

So how did ijaw population in Bayelsa rise from 1.6million to over 3 million? Una de use mud mould human beings?? cheesy grin

If ijaw is over 2 million in rivers state and over 2 million in delta, How come they are minority in rivers state and delta state, dem no de even win any election there.

Pls bros respect God n respect urself. Ijaw across d whole world no reach 3 million people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ebitimi44:

Why not come with verifiable fact like I did to state our position as the third largest ethnic nationality in Southern Nigeria

U brought no fact.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ebitimi44:

How does 1952 reflect Reality on ground, in 1952 the Eastern region a predominantly Ibo Region and mind you that was the rise of the Igbos when most ethnic Nationalities of the East are mistaken as Igbos, I never doubt the close ties between Igbos and Ijaws but things like these are why Ijaws wants a distinct nationality of Niger Delta because should it be before most of the Izon territories could be erroneously be termed Ibo

Sorry bro, ijaw cannot get their own country
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
how? explain why?

Nembe and brass no de speak the same language.

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Opobo, - 214,700
Bonny, - 302,000
Port Harcourt (South)
, Asari-Toru - 308, 600
, Degema, - 350,000
Akuku-Toru - 308,800
Abua-Odual - 396,800
, Okirika, - 312, 300
Andoni, - 306,200
Ogu-Bolo - 105, 800

Total = 2,605,200
Bayelsa population = 2,278,000

Total = 4,883,000

NB I didn't add I jaws in Port hacourt, cos it will be difficult to ascertain

Cc:
Amarabae

Opobo n Bonny are over 70% IGBO..IGBO is d primary language in those 2 islands.

Bayelsa is not 100% ijaw....and there are many isoko and urhobo villages over there.

Ijaw in nigeria is less than 3 million

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
thank you my brother..... am also from delta state.... Ijaws hold 35% as population in delta..... we are the largest ethnicity in delta....

also remember Ijaws are in akwa ibom.... recent nddc protest akwa ibom Ijaws also blocked uyo...
Since ijaw is 35% of delta population,How come an Ijaw man never smell governorship seat?

2 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Okay, Patami is 92,800

Let's deduct Bomadi - 118, 500 from 6,865,500

Giving us = 6,747,000 plus 92,800

Total = 6,839,800

Total Bayelsa , Rivers and Delta ijaws are 6,839,800 as at 2016.

Ijaw is less than 3m pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
tutudesz:

Serioiously figure of almost 60 years

1952 figure gives a better figure than the 2006 census
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
have you add the Ijaws in ondo edo akwa ibom abia lagos?
what will you gain in doing partial?

Ijaw dey Abia?
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Gambit23: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
Captain8:
i will find out the lgs...

Ohhh, u dont even know? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste / Farouk Lawan’s Lawyer Says Audio Clip Doctored - VIDEO / Breaking News; Alameiyeisegha Is Alive. He Was Sighted At A Creek In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.