Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga (7254 Views)

Setting Straight The Record On Peter Obi And Seun Kuti: Reno Omokri / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Putting Lives Of Judges In Danger - Buhari Med / See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

1.Ika North East
2.Ika South
3.Aniocha South
4.Aniocha North
5.Oshimili South
6.Oshimili North
7.Ukwuani
8.Ndokwa East
9.Ndokwa West
ofoigbo i asked u but someone else answered it...see your life? na to open mouth waaaah to drag u sabi....
when we told u to stop following cownu...u refused..now your brain is empty now...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Engenni owns 1/3 of Ahoada west and they are a distinct ethnic group.
Their language is Edoid. They are only currently politically affliated to Izons for political gains of pipeline protection contract that Ijaws had cornered in Niger Delta.
The remaining 2/3 of Ahoada West belongs to Ekpeye,a distinct and independent Igboid group.

Don't mistake Ahaoda East n west man
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by OfoIgbo: 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
dont run o...
six Ijaw LGAs in delta state..
patani 100% Ijaw...
burutu 100% Ijaw..
bomadi 100% Ijaw..
wari north Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari south Ijaw Itsekir..
wari south west Ijaw Urhobo..

oya name your dreaming 9 and 8 LGAs?
dont run o

According to what you have written down, there are just 3 Ijaw LGAS in in Delta state. The others are shared

For Anioma people
Aniocha north
Aniocha south
Ika northeast
Ika south
Ndokwa east
Ndokwa west
Ukwuani
Oshimili north
Oshimili south

For Urhobo
Ethiope east
Ethiope west
Ughelli north
Ughelli south
Sapele
Uvwie
Okpe
Udu

So as you can see, Aniomas and Urhobos far outnumber Ijaws in Delta state

And also Bomadi and Patani are by far, the least populated LGAS in Delta state

4 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by limeta(f): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ebitimi44:

The day we come for our people in Edo, do it well to tell them who they are, like I had told you no inch of Ijaw land in will be ceded to Edo, either we are all in Niger Delta Republic or Izon Republic, better mind your territory.

Mad people every where
ijaws are tenants in edo
when you come for your people in edo they go with you the land remains edo .

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
RobbStark:

But your Ibo is a tribe and ethnic group abi. Continue
dont mind that idiot.... he was only swimming in ignorant... but i have tutored him.... he must be in corner regreting why he post so much ignorant stuffs in public..
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Ogbia is a sub group of Ijaw, just like Ika is a sub group of Igbo
Makinde did a town hall meeting with Ijaw in Oyo state and he was surprised that the hall couldn't contain them, we have close to 10k Ijaws in Oyo

Nah.
Ogbia issue is not same as Igbo and Ika.
IKa is obviously an Igboid language.
Ogbia is no way an Ijoid language.
It is classified under "lower cross River" language group.

Just 10k? That's too small nah.

5 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
RobbStark:

Don't mistake Ahaoda East n west man

I know what I'm saying.
Ahoada East is 100% Ekpeye.

2 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Nah.
Ogbia issue is not same as Igbo and Ika.
IKa is obviously an Igboid language.
Ogbia is no way an Ijoid language.
It is classified under "lower cross River" language group.

Just 10k? That's too small nah.
I can understand an Ogbia man, but an Ogbia man can't understand my very well.
Another example is Urhobo-Isoko

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

I can understand an Ogbia man, but an Ogbia man can't understand my very well.
Another example is Urhobo-Isoko

Don't lie bro.
No Izon man can understand an Ogbia man.
That's a blatant lie.
The two languages are totally unrelated.

This is not a case of dialectical variation.

Urhobo and Isoko are both Edoid languages and are intelligible mutually to an extent.

But Ogbia and Izon are two entirely different languages.

Let's start saying the truth for once in this country.
The lies are too much already. How can you say you understand Ogbia language as an Izon man. Bros fear God small nah.

4 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Don't lie bro.
No Izon man can understand an Ogbia man.
That's a blatant lie.
The two languages are totally unrelated.

This is not a case of dialectical variation.

Urhobo and Isoko are both Edoid languages and are intelligible mutually to an extent.

But Ogbia and Izon are two entirely different languages.

Let's start saying the truth for once in this country.
The lies are too much already. How can you say you understand Ogbia language as an Izon man. Bros fear God small nah.
Why don't you find out from an Ogbia person 1st
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ekealterego: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Ogbia is a sub group of Ijaw
We hardly get involved in politics outside our land and Are you aware Makinde wife is Ijaw
Ogbians do not speak an Izon language, if anything, their language is closer to Ogoni and Ibibio and Efik... They can be regarded as Central Deltan people under Cross-Riverians.

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

I know what I'm saying.
Ahoada East is 100% Ekpeye.

And West is what exactly??
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ekealterego:
Ogbians do not speak an Izon language, if anything, their language is closer to Ogoni and Ibibio and Efik... They can be regarded as Central Deltan people under Cross-Riverians.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
RobbStark:

And West is what exactly??

1/3 Engenni and 2/3 Ekpeye.

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Why don't you find out from an Ogbia person 1st

Lol!
I have been there before bro.
Some of us Know all these places like the back of our hands.
You can't come online and start lying to us. I don't know what you intend to achieve with that. It's not like it will change the reality on ground.
Any body can simply download a dictionary of Ogbia language and words and compare with those of Ijaw and see how totally world apart both are.
It doesn't make sense.
Linguists had all studied every single language in the Niger Delta, and it's not a rocket science that Andoni, Ogbia, Odual, Abua, Degema, Epie, Attissa, Engenni, are all independent Languages of their own, totally unrelated to Izon language. These languages have all been classified, some into Edoid and others into "lower cross River" languages.
They are by no means Ijoid, let alone Ijaw.

5 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by opuambe(m): 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Challenge accepted.

I jaws in Ondo and Edo are not more than 500k combined.

I jaws in bayelsa are not more than 3M

Now that 3.5M

Can you list the local government dominated by ijaws in both Rivers and Delta?

Let's check the population
in Rivers State we have akuku toru,2 asari toru 3 abonnema 4 abua/odual 5 bonny 6 opobo 7 Ogu/bolo 8 andoni 9 okrika and partly port Harcourt
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Muna4real(f): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ebitimi44:

Speak for yourself, Ijaws are majority in Delta and Rivers, then Bayelsa is a predominantly Ijaw state,

Ijaws are not majority in Delta. Please don't lie.

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ekealterego: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

How? Do they speak an Ijaw language? How are exactly a sub group when they speak a cross-Riverian language? Or is Izon now a political party? Can you explain?

7 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ekealterego: 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

1/3 Engenni and 2/3 Ekpeye.

You really know these places like the back of your hand... Even Ijaws are claiming Ekpeye and Engenni as theirs now via their IYC and INC.

4 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Validated: 11:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ebitimi44:
Nigerian statistics is obviously questionable but I don't think there is any challenge to the Ijaws on the position as the third largest Ethnicity in Southern Nigeria.

Many people cite not seeing much of Ijaw presence in other cities as a means of arguing that Ijaws are less populated, this assertion however is a complete fallacy as Ijaw is undeniably populous.

I will be backing up my claims with facts and common sense. You will not see Ijaws in major cities becuase of the traditional occupation of the Ijaws which is fishing and in places where we abound it is usually a cluster.

Ijaws are more likely to to be found in coastal areas and as such the Niger Delta interior had always been our native land.

Fact One: Bayelsa state is a predominately Ijaw State is over 2.5 Million while 2006 census puts it at 1.7 million I hope you know that despite the inaccuracy of Nigerian census we also grow.

2. Ijaws constitute the coastal areas of Rivers state which constitutes about 39% of Rivers putting Rivers state at approximately 6 million today that puts Ijaws in Rivers at over 2 million.

3. The Ijaws in Delta State: the population of Delta state shall be running at about another 6 million, let's say the Ijaws Chuns out another 2 million people over there.

This 3 states alone could arguably put Ijaws at about 6.5 million in just 3 states, tell me another tribe in Nigeria apart from Igbo, Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba coming anywhere close to the above verifiable data.

Then add the Ijaws in Edo State, with Ondo, with Lagos, there is no verifiable data in these Areas as these states especially Lagos and Ondo are trying too hard to Yorubanize the Ijaws in these areas.

Should a realistic census be conducted in Nigeria indicating tribes the Ijaws could be well over 17 million.

Why do you think the Ijaws inflate our population, when last did we hold crucial role in the census bureau, Goodluck Jonathan was not the president at 2006 when the last census was held rather it was the Ijaw hating Obasanjo so how could we have manipulated our data, be that as it may, there is also no proof of everyone else's actual population so Ijaws knows exactly how our population is distributed.
Op if Ijaw population is upto 3m, GEJ would still be president.

2 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 12:29am On Jul 28, 2021
Ebitimi44:

Who are "we", please speak for yourself, if you are not Ijaw, you are not Ijaw, but the Ijaws are a majority in Delta state, you just can't change that fact
Ijaw majority in Delta State? What sort of stupidity is this? With how many LGAs? Mr man simply visit Delta State Government official website, after Urhobo as majority the next in line is Delta Igbo. Ijaw is a mere minority in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Throwback: 12:38am On Jul 28, 2021
Ebitimi44:

Ijaws are over 3 million in Bayelsa, Over 2 million In Delta, over 2 million in Rivers, over 1 million in Ondo, over 1 million in Edo, over 1 million in Lagos, and more

Is there any Ijaw village in Lagos?

I know of Ijaws in Ondo with their own land/villages, but claiming there are Ijaws who are ethnic to Lagos is like claiming there are Tivs who are ethnic to Lagos
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by ekesol: 12:52am On Jul 28, 2021
opuambe:
in Rivers State we have akuku toru,2 asari toru 3 abonnema 4 abua/odual 5 bonny 6 opobo 7 Ogu/bolo 8 andoni 9 okrika and partly port Harcourt

Opobo, Borny don't speak ijaw. They speak Igbo. Abia/odua are a distinct group not ijaw
Andoni is not ijaw. So the number of ijaws on Rivers state is less than 500,000
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by ekesol: 12:56am On Jul 28, 2021
RobbStark:

No shakes mbre. No shakes.
Parts of Ph like Okujago, okuru, amadi ama abuloma, Borikiri are all Ijaw land
I see how you have been schooling them.
Weldone

The thing they fail to know is that the Ijaw man is not a noise maker in his place of dwelling even in foreign land. We just go about our biz, that's all.

Do they speak ijaw? Okwujaggwu , Amadiama speak Igbo , how are they ijaws.
Rubbish.
Ijaws in Rivers state is not up 500,000
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 12:57am On Jul 28, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Captain8, Ebitimi44give me the local government where ijaw are majority in delta let's add it.

Ijaws in both bayelsa and Rivers ain't up to 5M
Lol
Don't mind that guy. I'm from Delta State. Ijaw has only two homogeneous LGAs namely Bomadi and Burutu out of the total 25 LGAs which make up Delta State. However they can also be found in only three other LGAs which they share with Itsekiris and Urhobos, namely Warri North, Warri South-West and Patani LGAs. Urhobo are by far the majority in Delta State followed by Delta Igbo. Ijaws are mere minority not up to one million population.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 1:18am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws own 5LGAs in delta...Urohbo Isoko own 7LGAs. oya tell me me which tribe is the largest in delta state?

Ijaws own 12LGAs in rivers state.....ikwere own 6LGAs in rivers state.... oya tell me the largest tribe in rivers state? dont run o
It seems you are not from Delta State or you just deliberately want to mislead the reading public. Ijaws only own 2 homogeneous LGAs (Bomadi and Burutu) in Delta State and share the other 3 with Itsekiris and Urhobos (Warri North, Warri South and Patani LGAs). Urhobos have 8 homogeneous LGAs (Ethiope East, Ethiope West, Okpe, Sapele, Udu, Ughelli North, Ughelli South and Uvwie LGAs) owned by only them and share 2 other LGAs with Itsekiris and Ijaws (Warri South and Patani LGAs). In total, Urhobos are indigenous to 10 LGAs (8+2=10). Isoko has 2 homogeneous LGAs (Isoko North and Isoko South) but are also found in Ndokwa East LGA, thereby making it 3 LGAs for Isoko. If you should combine Urhobo LGAs (10) and Isoko LGAs (3) that will give you a grand total of 13 LGAs (10+3=13) out of the 25 LGAs of Delta State. Ijaws are just minority in Delta State.

5 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 1:33am On Jul 28, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Warri North - 187,500
Burutu. - 286,400
Warri south - 429,600
Warri South West - 160,500
Bomadi - 118,500

Total = 1,182,500

NB I DIDN'T deduct Itshekiri and other non ijaws in that place.

5,683,000 + 1,182,500

= 6,865,500
Rivers + delta + bayelsa population = 6,865,500

Don't mind him oh! He is just trying to mislead the reading public. Ijaws are not indigenous to Warri South LGA. Warri South is shared by Itsekiris and Urhobos. No Ijaw. Ijaws only have 2 homogeneous LGAs (Bomadi and Burutu) and share 3 others with Itsekiris and Urhobos (Warri North, Warri South and Patani LGAs). I'm from Delta State. Ijaws are not up to 700,000 in Delta State. They are a minority group in the state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 1:57am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
six Ijaw LGAs in delta state...
bomadi 100% Ijaw..
burutu 100% Ijaw..
patani 100% Ijaw..
wari nort Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari sout Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari south west Ijaw urhobo...
so you name 9 fictitious LGAs?
Why are you deceiving yourself Mr man? In the first place Ijaws are not indigenous to Warri South LGA. That is why since the creation of that LGA, no Ijaw has been a Local Govt Chairman or Vice Chairman. Those positions only rotate between Itsekiris and Urhobos in Warri South. Secondly, Patani LGA is not a completely Ijaw LGA because it includes many indigenous Urhobo towns and villages such as Uduophori and Odorubu. That is why there is always power sharing in Patani LGA in such a way that if Ijaw produces the Local Govt Chairman Urhobo usually produce the Local Govt Vice Chairman. It seems you are not from Delta State that is why you don't know all these.

4 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by mocey: 1:59am On Jul 28, 2021
Captain8:
thank you beloved brother.... ijawcitizen tutudesz diamond500 acrifa saintbishop come o the vulture are fighting us

lol..ogogoro boy calling his fellow drunken masters,this boy is so drunk that he cant even remember the correct monikers.let me help you richmond500 come and save your izon brother
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Kirigidi(m): 2:16am On Jul 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

According to what you have written down, there are just 3 Ijaw LGAS in in Delta state. The others are shared

For Anioma people
Aniocha north
Aniocha south
Ika northeast
Ika south
Ndokwa east
Ndokwa west
Ukwuani
Oshimili north
Oshimili south

For Urhobo
Ethiope east
Ethiope west
Ughelli north
Ughelli south
Sapele
Uvwie
Okpe
Udu

So as you can see, Aniomas and Urhobos far outnumber Ijaws in Delta state

And also Bomadi and Patani are by far, the least populated LGAS in Delta state
Don't mind that guy, he's just trying to mislead people. Even Patani is not a completely Ijaw LGA because it includes several Urhobo towns and villages such as Uduophori and Odorubu. Patani LGA is shared by both Ijaw and Urhobo. That is why since the creation of Patani LGA political positions are shared between Ijaws and Urhobos such that if Ijaws produce the LG Chairman Urhobos usually come up with the LG Vice Chairman. In summary, Ijaws only have 2 homogeneous LGAs (Burutu and Bomadi) in Delta State and share 3 other LGAs (Warri South, Warri North and Patani) with Itsekiris and Urhobos.

1 Like

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by scholes0(m): 2:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Kirigidi:
Don't mind that guy, he's just trying to mislead people. Even Patani is not a completely Ijaw LGA because it includes several Urhobo towns and villages such as Uduophori and Odorubu. Patani LGA is shared by both Ijaw and Urhobo. That is why since the creation of Patani LGA political positions are shared between Ijaws and Urhobos such that if Ijaws produce the LG Chairman Urhobos usually come up with the LG Vice Chairman. In summary, Ijaws only have 2 homogeneous LGAs (Burutu and Bomadi) in Delta State and share 3 other LGAs (Warri South, Warri North and Patani) with Itsekiris and Urhobos.

And those two are the least populated LGs in the state, but somehow always churn out elephant votes during elections. grin

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by scholes0(m): 2:28am On Jul 28, 2021
This is satellite imagery of Bayelsa state... all made up almost entirely of empty creeks, so where exactly are the population centres outside the Yenagoa axis?

[img]http:///65535/51339894256_b3df4c55a2_b.jpg[/img]

I am putting it out here expressly to all of us that even the one point something million people recored for Bayelsa state during the 2006 national population census is complete falsehood and cooking up of non existent population figures. Everywhere is empty there, and the major concentrations of people is mostly around Yenagoa ad the northeastern corner of the state near the engennis. Brass and Nembe are tiny hamlets.... but 2006 census somehow wants us to believe there are almost 200K people in Brass LG. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NNPC Failed To Account For N102bn Oil Delivery To Refineries – Senate / Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? / Lagos Light Rail Project. (UPDATES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.