Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga (7137 Views)

Setting Straight The Record On Peter Obi And Seun Kuti: Reno Omokri / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Putting Lives Of Judges In Danger - Buhari Med / See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Yes. The past gives birth to the present.
Unless you have evidence to prove that while other groups were castrated and Ijaws started giving birth to six babies at once.
Only a truthful population census will determine this
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Bayelsa Ijaws should be about 2 million not counting the Urhobos of Bayelsa.

The remaining Ijaws will be around 1.5 to 2 million

Where is the 1.5 to 2 million coming from?
Mind you that even in Bayelsa, there are groups who are anthropologically never Ijaws but identify as Ijaw today even when the languages are distinct and no way related to Izon. I can these ones political Ijaws. Groups like Epie, Atissa fall into this category.
And in Rivers you have Engenni, Andoni, Abua, Odual, Degema, etc.
These groups are distinct ethnicities with distinct languages, but are politically Ijaw today.
Ijaw numbers at most 1.5 total, after substrating the political Ijaws from the ethnic Ijaws.

7 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Only a truthful population census will determine this

Common observation can also give us clues.
When you leave PH and Bayelsa, you hardly meet Ijaws anywhere else .
They are not that populous.
But you see Ibibios even in far north.
Igbos you can see even in the most remote places in the North and SW.

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Common observation can also give us clues.
When you leave PH and Bayelsa, you hardly meet Ijaws anywhere else .
They are not that populous.
But you see Ibibios even in far north.
Igbos you can see even in the most remote places in the North and SW.
An average Ijaw man can stay in another location without you knowing his ethnic group. Oyo state has a large number of Ijaw people and Kano state, but you will not know

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

An average Ijaw man stay in another location without you knowing his ethnic group. Oyo state has a large number of Ijaw people and Kano state, but you will not know

Lies.
If they have significant population, they can't hide.
People will know.
They will hold local meetings, probably have a Pere, etc.
Ijaw is the 8th most populous ethnic group in Nigeria, if we remove sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Aniomas have 9 LGAS. Urhobos have 8 LGAS.

Itsekiris, Isokos, Urhobos and Ijaws share the remaining 8 LGAS.
six Ijaw LGAs in delta state...
bomadi 100% Ijaw..
burutu 100% Ijaw..
patani 100% Ijaw..
wari nort Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari sout Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari south west Ijaw urhobo...
so you name 9 fictitious LGAs?
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
six Ijaw LGAs in delta state...
bomadi 100% Ijaw..
burutu 100% Ijaw..
patani 100% Ijaw..
wari nort Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari sout Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari south west Ijaw urhobo...
so you name 9 fictitious LGAs?

Lies.
Ijaws are only found in Warri SW and no where else in Warri, I think.
If you have significant population in Delta South, you would have produced a Senator for the zone by now.

3 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Lies.
If they have significant population, they can't hide.
People will know.
They will hold local meetings, probably have a Pere, etc.
Ijaw is the 8th most populous ethnic group in Nigeria, if we remove sentiments.
Local meetings grin guy we don't have kings outside Ijaw land, what we have is either IYC or INC chapter
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Local meetings grin guy we don't have kings outside Ijaw land, what we have is either IYC or INC chapter

Same thing.
If you have significant population in a place, you will be visible and the local power players there would seek for your collective votes during state elections.
Ijaw is a minute ethnic group.
I have travelled all over Nigeria and I know this.

Even GEJ is not ethnically Ijaw. Ogbia is only politically Ijaw.
All things being equal, Ogbia should be an independent ethnic group, considering the fact that their language is totally distinct from Izon.

7 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Aniomas have 9 LGAS. Urhobos have 8 LGAS.

Itsekiris, Isokos, Urhobos and Ijaws share the remaining 8 LGAS.
dont run o...
six Ijaw LGAs in delta state..
patani 100% Ijaw...
burutu 100% Ijaw..
bomadi 100% Ijaw..
wari north Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari south Ijaw Itsekir..
wari south west Ijaw Urhobo..

oya name your dreaming 9 and 8 LGAs?
dont run o
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by ekesol: 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws own 5LGAs in delta...Urohbo Isoko own 7LGAs. oya tell me me which tribe is the largest in delta state?

Ijaws own 12LGAs in rivers state.....ikwere own 6LGAs in rivers state.... oya tell me the largest tribe in rivers state? dont run o
Mumu how does ijaws own 12 lga in Rivers state and ikwerre 6 lga in Rivers state.u are high in weed. Ijaws own only 4 lga and small section in Rivers state. Opobo, nkoro, Borny Andoni are not ijaws. The ikwerry lga are obiokpo phalga, emohua, and ikwerre lga. And all these are igbos. So igbos in Rivers state constitutes 60 % in Rivers state. Eg. Egbema, Etche, Omuma, Obigbo, ikwerre, Opobo, Borny. Ndoni ogba etc.

4 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
dont run o...
six Ijaw LGAs in delta state..
patani 100% Ijaw...
burutu 100% Ijaw..
bomadi 100% Ijaw..
wari north Ijaw Itsekiri..
wari south Ijaw Itsekir..
wari south west Ijaw Urhobo..

oya name your dreaming 9 and 8 LGAs?
dont run o

1.Ika North East
2.Ika South
3.Aniocha South
4.Aniocha North
5.Oshimili South
6.Oshimili North
7.Ukwuani
8.Ndokwa East
9.Ndokwa West

4 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Lies.
Ijaws are only found in Warri SW and no where else in Warri, I think.
If you have significant population in Delta South, you would have produced a Senator for the zone by now.
so james manager is india man abi? mumu.... patani...burutu....bomadi are these not Ijaw names? mumu.... i am warri north.... tompolo is warri south...
why dont you used google..
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Same thing.
If you have significant population in a place, you will be visible and the local power players there would seek for your collective votes during state elections.
Ijaw is a minute ethnic group.
I have travelled all over Nigeria and I know this.

Even GEJ is not ethnically Ijaw. Ogbia is only politically Ijaw.
All things being equal, Ogbia should be an independent ethnic group, considering the fact that their language is totally distinct from Izon.
Ogbia is a sub group of Ijaw
We hardly get involved in politics outside our land and Are you aware Makinde wife is Ijaw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by SlayerForever: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

1.Ika North East
2.Ika South
3.Aniocha South
4.Aniocha North
5.Oshimili South
6.Oshimili North
7.Ukwuani
8.Ndokwa East
9.Ndokwa West

Do you know it is very amusing that the Aniomas are more in population than Ijaw grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Jerryherd:

Tribe means a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader.

Ethnicity means the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition

Ijaw people (also known by the subgroups "Ijo" or "Izon"wink are people in Niger Delta in Nigeria, inhabiting regions of the states of Bayelsa (their original Homeland), Delta, Edo, Ondo, and Rivers state. Many are found as migrant fishermen in camps as far west as Sierra Leone and as far east as Gabon. Population figures for the Ijaws vary greatly,15 million .They have long lived in locations near many sea trade routes, and they were well connected to other areas by trade as early as the 15th century.

Ijaws are not Tribe or Ethnic group, they don't share language or culture, they are very different and distinct fishermen that migrated to Niger Delta

Ijaw is not a tribe or an ethnic group

Arewa is not a tribe or an ethnic group

Niger Delta is not a tribe or an Ethnic group

There is absolutely nothing called middle belt or North Central in Geography

Nothing like "Hausa/Fulanis" as a tribe or ethnicity

But your Ibo is a tribe and ethnic group abi. Continue
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
ekesol:
Mumu how does ijaws own 12 lga in Rivers state and ikwerre 6 lga in Rivers state.u are high in weed. Ijaws own only 4 lga and small section in Rivers state. Opobo, nkoro, Borny Andoni are not ijaws. The ikwerry lga are obiokpo phalga, emohua, and ikwerre lga. And all these are igbos. So igbos in Rivers state constitutes 60 % in Rivers state. Eg. Egbema, Etche, Omuma, Obigbo, ikwerre, Opobo, Borny. Ndoni ogba etc.
10 Ijaw LGAs in rivers state...
bonny..
opobo..
degema..
asari toru..
akuku toru..
asori toru..
okrika..
andoni..
abua odua..
ogu bolo..

name your ikwere LGAs?
dont run o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Challenge accepted.

I jaws in Ondo and Edo are not more than 500k combined.

I jaws in bayelsa are not more than 3M

Now that 3.5M

Can you list the local government dominated by ijaws in both Rivers and Delta?

Let's check the population

Lemme help you with Ijaws in rivers state.

Ahoada west, Abua/Odual, Degema, Asari Toru, Akuku Toru, Bonny, Opobo/Nkoro, Okrika, Ogu Bolo, Andoni, some part of Port Harcourt.

I am Ijaw and I am from Rivers State.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
10 Ijaw LGAs in rivers state...
bonny..
opobo..
degema..
asari toru..
akuku toru..
asori toru..
okrika..
andoni..
abua odua..
ogu bolo..

name your ikwere LGAs?
dont run o..

Ahoada west is an Ijaw land
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
RobbStark:

Ahoada west is an Ijaw land
thank you brother...i know more there are more thats why i initially stated 12....

am from delta state...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
thank you brother...i know more there are more thats why i initially stated 12....

am from delta state...

No shakes mbre. No shakes.
Parts of Ph like Okujago, okuru, amadi ama abuloma, Borikiri are all Ijaw land
I see how you have been schooling them.
Weldone

The thing they fail to know is that the Ijaw man is not a noise maker in his place of dwelling even in foreign land. We just go about our biz, that's all.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Ogbia is a sub group of Ijaw
We hardly get involved in politics outside our land and Are you aware Makinde wife is Ijaw

Ogbia is only politically Ijaw.
Ogbia language is totally distinct and different from Ijaw.
We should be telling ourselves the truth in this country.
There are too many lies already.

Everyone is aware that Makinde wife is Ijaw while Akerreodolu wife is Igbo.
What exactly does that have to do with anything?
Oshiohmole wife is from Cape Verde. What does that have to do with the population of Cape Verde people in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Ariani: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:

am from delta state...

Engenni owns 1/3 of Ahoada west and they are a distinct ethnic group.
Their language is Edoid. They are only currently politically affliated to Izons for political gains of pipeline protection contract that Ijaws had cornered in Niger Delta.
The remaining 2/3 of Ahoada West belongs to Ekpeye,a distinct and independent Igboid group.

5 Likes

Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by tutudesz: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Ogbia is only politically Ijaw.
Ogbia language is totally distinct and different from Ijaw.
We should be telling ourselves the truth in this country.
There are too many lies already.

Everyone is aware that Makinde wife is Ijaw while Akerreodolu wife is Igbo.
What exactly does that have to do with anything?
Oshiohmole wife is from Cape Verde. What does that have to do with the population of Cape Verde people in Nigeria?
Ogbia is a sub group of Ijaw, just like Ika is a sub group of Igbo
Makinde did a town hall meeting with Ijaw in Oyo state and he was surprised that the hall couldn't contain them, we have close to 10k Ijaws in Oyo
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
RobbStark:

No shakes mbre. No shakes.
Parts of Ph like Okujago, okuru, amadi ama abuloma, Borikiri are all Ijaw land
I see how you have been schooling them.
Weldone

The thing they fail to know is that the Ijaw man is not a noise maker in his place of dwelling even in foreign land. We just go about our biz, that's all.
thank you eni binawei.... we will let those those yoruba and igbo vultures to swallow our right this time...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by iamuyiekpen(m): 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
tutudesz:

grin bad Bella is allowed
look at this joker. Kiss whose ass? Go and use your life for something productive.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by iamuyiekpen(m): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws have 5kingdoms/clans in edo state...namely....Egbema....Furupagha.....Ikomu....Olodiama.....Aza
hahahahahahaja. Na only 5 why not 100? See mumu.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by iamuyiekpen(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ebitimi44:

The day we come for our people in Edo, do it well to tell them who they are, like I had told you no inch of Ijaw land in will be ceded to Edo, either we are all in Niger Delta Republic or Izon Republic, better mind your territory.
hahahahaaa. I can’t wait for that day. What the Itsekiris did to y’all in Warri will be child’s play.
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ariani:

Engenni owns 1/3 of Ahoada west and they are a distinct ethnic group.
Their language is Edoid. They are only currently politically affliated to Izons for political gains of pipeline protection contract that Ijaws had cornered in Niger Delta.
The remaining 2/3 of Ahoada West belongs to Ekpeye,a distinct and independent Igboid group.
why are you spreading lies like this? engennis are pure Izons... your lies will not change nothing....
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by Captain8(m): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
iamuyiekpen:
hahahahahahaja. Na only 5 why not 100? See mumu.
why dont you used simple google to get out of your ignorant status? stop doing like cownu brainwashed people...
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
ekesol:

Bros all these are fallacy the population of ijaws in Nigeria is no more than 3million.
I have been to Bayelsa and worked in all books and cranies of Bayelsa. Bros all those swamps are empty.
All the water ways are empty.
Even the population put at 1.2 million in the last census is over exaggeration.
Tell me where in Bayelsa of the eight local govt where U have large concentration of people .
No where.
In the last Gorvernorship election total Registered voters were put at 500,000. I am not saying this is a yardsty. Even at that, the registered voters are vague. These are political registration. The total vote cast was not upto 120,000.
Now come to rivers state we have how many local govt that are ijaws. Okrika, kalabari constitute only 4 or 5 lga. Mind U Opobo nkoro,Borny, Andoni lumped up together are not ijaws.
Now in Delta they have only two LGA now what is the population of 8 Lga in Bayelsa core ijaw gives U Less than 2 million according to census data that was over inflated.
Total ijaw is no more than 2.2 million at best in Nigeria.
Now come to rivers state who are the ijaws

Are you seriously serious that Opobo, Bonny n Andoni are not Ijaws.
Bro, you might be stoned if we hear that kind thing from your mouth.

Ok, so tell me, where are they from if not ijaws
Re: Putting Straight The Ijaw Population Saga by RobbStark(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ijaw land is great.

Make una outsiders kill unaself for Ijaw matter una go tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oyebanji, Akeredolu, Mimiko, Oni Celebrate Retired Bishop,Ipinmo At 80 / Breaking News..... Fulani Herdsmen About To Attack Aba This Night In Retaliation / Yobe, Kogi APC Chairmen Deny Calling For Oshiomhole’s Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.