Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? (18989 Views)

Love And It’s Reality Of Choosing Who Love You Not Who You Love / Oyinbo Groom Storms Nigeria With Family, Embraces Nigerian Culture, Rocks Bride / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by naijapips02: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
AchalugoNwa:
na you sabi ooo
one cannot be Bisexual in peace oo
[/s]

What are you saying?
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by BigMoneyeye: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
You own acceptance is what matter most
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by bigl: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Irijosa777:
I'm the last born in the family, all the members of the family had gotten married except me.
I'm 32 now, just rounded up my study. I'm into farming, school works and doing catering work as well. I'm financially balance. I have not gone into a relationship before, I just ignore that aspect because I believe in the principle of "one thing at a time".

Now that I'm through with my study and I have something doing, I'm planning of going into a relationship and get married at least by 2023 but I'm perceiving there's going to be a problem between me and my family.

My family is very selective, very selective... There was a time a friend started visiting me anytime I went to the village, my mother notice it and told me that the girl is not welcome in the family, she gave me her reason too, I told my Mom she is just a friend and nothing more.

Today my neice got married, I invited my crush and she came to the wedding and I introduced her to my family as my friend, when the ceremony was going on, my sister told me and I quote "this girl you brought is not acceptable, she is too old for you, "common" she is just 27 and am 32... I told my sister that we are just friends and nothing more, then she said better...

I don't want to have any issue with my family in marring a girl but I'm afriad problem might be inevitable because I won't want my family to choose who or who not to marry, I have never had issue with my family before, they love me very much and we are living happily.

One mind is telling me to follow my heart another mind is telling me don't let a woman bring issue between you and your family...
Gosh! family get wahala! What is wrong in marring a girl of 27 years and I'm 32. (5years different)

I'm not ready for any family wahala...
Please how do you handle this kind of issue.

Bro, be ready to do what works for u ... the family choosing/approving for you isssh don't always end well...

Every relationship/home/marriage will go through its hell whether made in heaven or chosen by your family ....

What would pain u most is when you start going through your own isssh and your family now stay aloof after "choosing/approving" for u....

You have really done well by being financially independent ... next step is to step your as.ss out and get your own place as a man .... e get why
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by BigMoneyeye: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
temitimx19:

grin that's true, thanks to social media, divorce is on the rise. But nevertheless a 32yr old working class should be able to make his own decisions.
absolutely
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by larryking540: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
temitimx19:

I don't think 27 is old. Considering how Nigeria is, many youths at 27 never balance
if u use Nigeria take day judge how life supposed to be ,problem no go finish o,but it's well sha
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by BigMoneyeye: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
What we read online everyday sha
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Makanaki127: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
2023 when every were go day hot because of election matter,na then you wan go marry,okay oh
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by shomutuski(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oga you better man up, in your family when it comes to picking a woman, better listen to the men cus nah them marry, the women where either married into the family or will leave to join some other fam.

Most times women are always emotional decision maker, I'm in your shoes too but that's a story for another day. Pick a woman based on your compatibility, her youth and purity, her submission, her ability to nurture, her decision making process, her religion and any other metrics you feel would help you build an empire.

Vetting a woman doesn't stop even when you have her, cus it is you who will suffer. Stay clear of women with child or those who don't like their fathers.

Whoever has anything else to do add can do so.

I wish you all the best brother.
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by medinho: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Irijosa777:
I'm the last born in the family, all the members of the family had gotten married except me.
I'm 32 now, just rounded up my study. I'm into farming, school works and doing catering work as well. I'm financially balance. I have not gone into a relationship before, I just ignore that aspect because I believe in the principle of "one thing at a time".

Now that I'm through with my study and I have something doing, I'm planning of going into a relationship and get married at least by 2023 but I'm perceiving there's going to be a problem between me and my family.

My family is very selective, very selective... There was a time a friend started visiting me anytime I went to the village, my mother notice it and told me that the girl is not welcome in the family, she gave me her reason too, I told my Mom she is just a friend and nothing more.

Today my neice got married, I invited my crush and she came to the wedding and I introduced her to my family as my friend, when the ceremony was going on, my sister told me and I quote "this girl you brought is not acceptable, she is too old for you, "common" she is just 27 and am 32... I told my sister that we are just friends and nothing more, then she said better...

I don't want to have any issue with my family in marring a girl but I'm afriad problem might be inevitable because I won't want my family to choose who or who not to marry, I have never had issue with my family before, they love me very much and we are living happily.

One mind is telling me to follow my heart another mind is telling me don't let a woman bring issue between you and your family...
Gosh! family get wahala! What is wrong in marring a girl of 27 years and I'm 32. (5years different)

If i slap you you go use your head. Which one is "she's too old for you"

Omo chest out and marry who you love abi like abi trust
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by arixona: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
Give her belle, then come back and thank me....no family will support abortion
Irijosa777:

Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Irijosa777(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
wallrichy:
So many immature people on this platform ditching out advise as if they are intelligent enough to do so.

If the OP discard the family advise that has always got his back and still showing him undiluted love and just follow a woman cos he wants to marry at age 32 or so. Please don't discard or disregard your family interest in whom you intend to marry and stop pushing yourself cos your friends and relatives are all getting married.

In the race of marriage, it's not how fast or early you marry but how loving and fulfilled you will be in the marriage. You are a novice in this game and your family knows and sees what you can't see and beside, ladies of nowadays are pretentious in nature and takes a woman to really know the pretense of another woman so you are blessed to have your sister and your Mum with you especially in this regards.

Take it easy and liase with your family on what they see and you aren't seeing.

Remember, if anything mistake happens, a woman can leave you and disappear but your family stays forever with you especially the family that loves you and you have confirmed it too. They want the best for you which I perceived you deserved after keeping yourself for long to succeed in life.

Good luck
Thanks for your advice
I really appreciate it.
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Irijosa777(m): 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Thanks for your advice.

shomutuski:
Oga you better man up, in your family when it comes to picking a woman, better listen to the men cus nah them marry, the women where either married into the family or will leave to join some other fam.

Most times women are always emotional decision maker, I'm in your shoes too but that's a story for another day. Pick a woman based on your compatibility, her youth and purity, her submission, her ability to nurture, her decision making process, her religion and any other metrics you feel would help you build an empire.

Vetting a woman doesn't stop even when you have her, cus it is you who will suffer. Stay clear of women with child or those who don't like their fathers.

Whoever has anything else to do add can do so.

I wish you all the best brother.
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
adadike:
thanks dear
cry
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by jahsharon: 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
Qatar2022:

Make sure you reason with them very well to avoid battle that will last for a life time, don't listen to all this failed generation on this thread, family war don't end well my friend, I have been there and I know what I'm telling you, think about how it will be if all your siblings turn their back on you

Will he die if all selfish family members turn their backs against him?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Happy2020: 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
Why give AF what they think? Your family is not with you and your spouse every day, life your life for YOU and tell them To fuvk off. Grow some balls bro
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by newdawn2017(f): 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Irijosa777:

if its OK by u, let's discuss privately. My ig page is suspended that I can't access it for now. But check it out as I am an amateur therapist & counsellor. @afriproud
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by richiepolymer(m): 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
Irijosa777:

smiley
Please I'll beg you to go and read a lecture titled "The family Bond" in the book "In the Light of Truth, The Grail message. After reading that lecture come back and testify. Please ensure you read that lecture and read it with an open mind. The Almighty will give you understanding on how to navigate your way through this present hurdle.
Family bond nowadays is not a blessing but a hindrance to personal and individual development whether physically or spiritually. It gives room for manipulations and impediment to progress. Tearing away from that grip won't happen without you having bruises but it is for the best!
Go read that lecture, you'll be thankful to God you did.
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by temitimx19(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2021
richiepolymer:

smiley
Please I'll beg you to go and read a lecture titled "The family Bond" in the book "In the Light of Truth, The Grail message. After reading that lecture come back and testify. Please ensure you read that lecture and read it with an open mind. The Almighty will give you understanding on how to navigate your way through this present hurdle.
Family bond nowadays is not a blessing but a hindrance to personal and individual development whether physically or spiritually. It gives room for manipulations and impediment to progress. Tearing away from that grip won't happen without you having bruises but it is for the best!
Go read that lecture, you'll be thankful to God you did.
Can you tell me the name of the author?
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Cousin9999: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Maybe talk to them about specific reasons why they don't like the women you choose. If their reasons just aren't valid, you'll have to go against them and marry her. They'll have to accept it eventually.
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2021
Family pressure. ... no doubt they love you... make them no allow enter arrangee marriage cos na you go suffer am wella and at the end.. its as if they was no marriage at all or Separation.... because na so the matter dey always dey end up their era is different so they should take note...
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by richiepolymer(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
temitimx19:

Can you tell me the name of the author?
'Abd-Ru-Shin' that's the Author's name.
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Qatar2022: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2021
jahsharon:

Will he die if all selfish family members turn their backs against him?
No but think about juju that will follow it
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by 77star: 2:46am On Aug 16, 2021
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by Educhelssy: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
na you sabi ooo
one cannot be Bisexual in peace oo

Lol .. ok o grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Family Issue When Choosing Who To Marry? by scopeboie(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2022
In this kind of case my dear brother you just have to be calm and take your stand on what's right for you bro.
Irijosa777:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This What My Oga Daughter Is Asking Me To Do (18+ Pic Inside) / 6 Winning Tips To Get Your Partner Back / See Reactions Of Arab Men As Arab Woman Marries A Black Man From Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.