Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother (621 Views)

My Girlfriend Likes Maltreating My Gateman When She Visits (advise Pls) / I Am Still Single Because I Haven’t Seen A Man That Can Handle My Backside / How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by Nomanlike(m): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2021
This might be too long for some peeps pls bear with me. I noticed this section is popular so I will put this hear. I finished school 2019 rounded up service 2020 and came to Lagos around this time same year. I'm 24 years old. I came over hear in other to further my career. Getting a good job has been hard and the other jobs I did get even tho slightly lucrative where not good for my mental health. Dealing with a toxic boss and senior workers was hectic.I feel they were threatened by my cuteness and some almost got physical amidst small alterations. I quit the other job because I was literally spending hours in the traffic going and returning. I'm kinda on the introvert side of life so I get overwhelmed spending roughly 6 hours in traffic per day.

So back to the heading, my brother is not being nice with me. He's putting too much pressure on me knowing I just came to Lagos and starting life. He has money but doesn't want to empower anybody. He's of the opinion that everyone should suffer or in his words hustle before they get anything. I have seen a family where one brother makes money and uplifts all his FAM either thru business or further education. I have dreams of doing my masters and achieving goals but I need space to think out ideas and figure stuffs out. Right now I feel he's choking me with constant hassle and the energy he is emitting just ain't good for my well being. I don't know why he feels I am not doing enough. Everyone mustn't do Yahoo or according to him "be in the streets" to make it. Everyone's path In life is different and I know I will achieve my goals but It will be tough doing so in his place. My environment influences me and I positivity and cheerfulness isn't present I tend to get drained. Especially now that I don't have a job and need to figure my steps with a clear head. I would have left his house but I don't have elsewhere to go unless I head back to my state Anambra. I was hoping on getting a job that comes with accommodation like a hotel so I can clear my head from there but its been difficult getting on around this parts cos some are even retrenching there staff.

Please how do I go about this. Considering this negative energy and toxicity should I still put up with it or head back home. I really value my mental health and calm head

PS. He has a wife and three kids. I feel the wife is crooked and not straight forward. I don't really blame her
Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by slimjohn2k5: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2021
Oga God will not punish your brother and his wife for pushing you. Life is not about fine boy. You don't just get angry and quit a job because you are not paying rent. Go get something doing and stop turning people that helped you to bad people.

If your brother does not want you he will not ask you to come. But you come now dey eat his food and quiting job. Nobody will be happy about that.
My wife keep talking of how her 3 siblings that eat like elephant want to come stay with us but my bro that said he will come stay 3 days don turn quarrel though she just gave birth but women don't like theit in laws coming around. Just stay a short time and go
Please except you are sure of your brothers wife stop going to stay with married brothers better go and stay with married Sister.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by checkmatez: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2021
So you quit a job because of stress and traffic, but you need money from someone else that is braving the odds... You need a job that comes with hotel accommodation...lol. Lazy child
Seems you are part of those that felt going to school automatically you become a god ...

What I see is that you gained admission into higher institution way too early so you are confused

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by MufasaLion: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2021
Your brother has a good intention but have you talked to him about your plans? Surely, he might wanna help you, but I'd urge you to contribute to your dreams also in order for him to be motivated to help you.

Not all brothers or helpers are ready to help without little contribution from the person in need too.
Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by chatinent: 7:46am On Jul 30, 2021
If you no get any reason to get money for this life, just get the money.

Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by bigpicture001: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2021
People once bashed me for a thread I put up "my girlfriend wouldn't detach from her siblings." Remember...y'all forming everlasting sibling and family love...I never listened to all you pretenders...cuz am grown and know what I was saying....

People just like fake post and pretence...I repeat family sibling love is secondary to sexaul relationship love and spousal love....

Make in a dey deceive una sef...
Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by stanliwise(m): 9:14am On Jul 30, 2021
@Nomanlike

It has started getting to the point where you are now becoming self-entitled to your brothers wealth. As much as he ain’t maltreating you by not giving you food and place to lay your head nor by any physical means causing you harm; You have every reason to remain grateful to him for doing so for you in Lagos.

Infact you have what a lot of people don’t have in Lagos and you’re about to blow the chances thinking there are better out there.

You said you’re a graduate, if you don’t want to hustle, then no biggy, start applying for job opportunities and learn more skills and start your own journey. As for the main time, do assist your brother which ever way he sees fit. Yea you’re not a hustler by nature but do as “your power reach”, dem no dey kill body put. Put your best in the main time to make yourself useful why making your own plans.

You also said sponsor you on master. Guy true word you’re not serious. Na self entitlement dey worry you. Better start saving your own money and go for your own masters. If your bro do it willingly, be ever grateful to him. And stop spreading bad energy against any member of his family, the evidence you have put didn’t show they have any bad intentions towards you. And remember don’t act like village people that want to come and destroy your brother happiness.

A word they say is good enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by dacblogger: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2021
You're lazy and your brother is only trying to put that hustling spirit in you before he starts you up with something...
You think is easy to make money? Just small job they gave you,you don fight and even quit the job.
You have to grow up,life is not easy ooo

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by LikeAking: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
Nomanlike:
This might be too long for some peeps pls bear with me. I noticed this section is popular so I will put this hear. I finished school 2019 rounded up service 2020 and came to Lagos around this time same year. I'm 24 years old. I came over hear in other to further my career. Getting a good job has been hard and the other jobs I did get even tho slightly lucrative where not good for my mental health. Dealing with a toxic boss and senior workers was hectic.I feel they were threatened by my cuteness and some almost got physical amidst small alterations. I quit the other job because I was literally spending hours in the traffic going and returning. I'm kinda on the introvert side of life so I get overwhelmed spending roughly 6 hours in traffic per day.

So back to the heading, my brother is not being nice with me. He's putting too much pressure on me knowing I just came to Lagos and starting life. He has money but doesn't want to empower anybody. He's of the opinion that everyone should suffer or in his words hustle before they get anything. I have seen a family where one brother makes money and uplifts all his FAM either thru business or further education. I have dreams of doing my masters and achieving goals but I need space to think out ideas and figure stuffs out. Right now I feel he's choking me with constant hassle and the energy he is emitting just ain't good for my well being. I don't know why he feels I am not doing enough. Everyone mustn't do Yahoo or according to him "be in the streets" to make it. Everyone's path In life is different and I know I will achieve my goals but It will be tough doing so in his place. My environment influences me and I positivity and cheerfulness isn't present I tend to get drained. Especially now that I don't have a job and need to figure my steps with a clear head. I would have left his house but I don't have elsewhere to go unless I head back to my state Anambra. I was hoping on getting a job that comes with accommodation like a hotel so I can clear my head from there but its been difficult getting on around this parts cos some are even retrenching there staff.

Please how do I go about this. Considering this negative energy and toxicity should I still put up with it or head back home. I really value my mental health and calm head

PS. He has a wife and three kids. I feel the wife is crooked and not straight forward. I don't really blame her

Come and stay in my place.

Its the best option.
Re: How Do I Handle My Maltreating Brother by LikeAking: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Oga God will not punish your brother and his wife for pushing you. Life is not about fine boy. You don't just get angry and quit a job because you are not paying rent. Go get something doing and stop turning people that helped you to bad people.

If your brother does not want you he will not ask you to come. But you come now dey eat his food and quiting job. Nobody will be happy about that.
My wife keep talking of how her 3 siblings that eat like elephant want to come stay with us but my bro that said he will come stay 3 days don turn quarrel though she just gave birth but women don't like theit in laws coming around. Just stay a short time and go
Please except you are sure of your brothers wife stop going to stay with married brothers better go and stay with married Sister.

Take d red pill .

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nairaland Guys Like This? / The Good samaritan of NL / A Very Short Sad Story...only Legends Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.