Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White (18883 Views)

Arsenal Completes The £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender Ben White / Arsenal Agree £50 Million Deal For Brighton Defender, Ben White / Nicolas Pepe Pictured In London Colney, Arsenal Completes 72m Signing (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by ogbiwa: 6:53am On Aug 01, 2021
Arsenal have signed England defender Ben White from Brighton for £50m.

The 23-year-old, who was a late call-up to Gareth Southgate's England Euro 2020 squad, has agreed a long-term contract at Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners agreed a deal in principle last month with the move completed following White's return from holiday.

"Ben was a top target for us and it's great that we've completed his signing," manager Mikel Arteta told the club's website.

"Ben is an intelligent defender who is very comfortable with the ball at his feet and his style fits perfectly with us.

"And of course, he is still young, so his age and profile fits with what we are building here. We are all looking forward to Ben being central to our future long-term plans."

The transfer completes a meteoric rise for the defender, who was released by Southampton as a teenager before being signed by Brighton in 2016.

He spent time out on loan at Newport and Peterborough before joining Leeds on loan for their Championship-winning season in 2019-20.

White's performances at Elland Road attracted interest from a number of clubs, including Leeds themselves, but the defender instead signed a new four-year contract with the Seagulls last September.

That deal put Brighton in a strong negotiating position this summer and it is understood they rejected two bids from the Gunners before agreement was finally reached amid interest from other Premier League clubs.

White earned his first call-up to the England squad as part of Southgate's provisional 33-man squad for Euro 2020, appearing in warm-up wins against Austria and Romania.

He was initially among the seven players cut from the final squad before returning as a replacement for the injured Trent Alexander-Arnold, though he did not make an appearance at the tournament.

White is Arsenal's third signing of the summer following the arrival of midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga from Anderlecht and left-back Nuno Tavares from Benfica.

White will wear the number four shirt at Arsenal, which was vacant after the exit of defender David Luiz.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57898497

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Kriss216: 6:55am On Aug 01, 2021
England with their overhyped and over rated players.

How in demon's name is this guy worth £50M
Person wey never play UCL for em life cheesy cheesy

Assnal is always good at making nonsense and useless signings. Can't still believe they bought Pepe for 99M.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Casalee(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
We move. One of the best signings of this window

10 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Ilovezzor: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Good signing gunners

I hope he does a Virgil for them

Redmi note 10 pro for sale

6/128gb

Giveaway price

CHECK MY SIGGY

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by LaSenior: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
cheesy

After Liverpool wasted £35million on Andy Carroll that's when their heads resetted never to spend much on an English player Man United and their fat head Maguire infact am still wondering how that guy is worth£80millon

Asernal £50million for one player
Wenger Will be having night mare on hearing this

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Abboki: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by babyfaceafrica: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Since!!!! Which kain old news be this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Kriss216: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
simbaleo:
You can call your cat a tiger so much that one day, your neighbor who has never been to your house, will start believing you actually have a tiger. This is exactly what the English press have successfully achieved with English players, and unfortunately dumb clubs like arsenal are buying into it. I heard Declan Rice was valued at £100m. Make I laugh
Na that Declan Rice own shock me pass.

To think Lampard wanted to discard Kante in order to pay a huge amount for Declan Rice. That's where my dislike for Lampard started.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Dikaveli(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
A club that won't travel by air this season afford a player of 50million i think FBI, mi6,kbg, CIA should invite arsenal for questioning.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Guru1111(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
grin
With this update in arsenal,e be like say dem don already win the epl grin

Arsenal just keep on reinforcing waste bin upandan grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by brosom(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Arsenal fans be like

10 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
No champions league , no nothing.
Na dem sabi.

Anyways , we are not forgetting the on going pot belly saga complains trending currently by the gunner fans in England grin cheesy wink

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by adonainana: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Arsenal went to a team with the worst defence last season to sign their best defender in the same defence sad sad for £50 million

Oh Lord

24 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by gambia(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Gunners for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Hushmoni: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021
grin
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Kaodek(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2021
Well, Arsenal isn’t an ambitious club also undecided

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by MisterGrace: 7:02am On Aug 01, 2021
grin Gunners on fire... I hope they achieve something basic this season.

Midfield and defence now looks above average. But the attack is still blunt.

There are no sharp wingers to dribble and bring in balls. I think it's best they reinforce the wings too.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2021
Stale news, I was expecting to see Maddison

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:03am On Aug 01, 2021
Still yet dem go dey carry last.

Arsenal of these days have rubbished the reputation that was built by the likes of Thierry Henry and others

Believing in Arsenal is like believing that 1 dollar will be equal to 1 naira.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2021
Gunners for life.
One of the best defenders in England.
Rice (Arsenal) and Stone (Man City) combine.
Imagine if they are in the same team.
The food go sweet die.

Happy Birthday to me.
My mentor and role model dem MANNA, today is my day o.
I want some Barbecue please.
I don't want NL likes o, na Barbecue I want cheesy
I have been dreaming about MANNA Barbecue for a long time now.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by BadEnglish(m): 7:03am On Aug 01, 2021
The fact still remains the same:

Arsenal is Trash

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by EricSmallz(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2021
Old News
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2021
adonainana:
Arsenal went to a team with the worst defence last season to sign their best defender in the same defence sad sad for £50 million

Oh Lord

Arsenal didn't sign the whole of Brighton team if that's what you are thinking, Liverpool signed a defender from a team that relegated in the Bundesliga last season

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Great100000: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked Arsenal? 50M? For A Defender? Wonder Shall Never End... shocked shocked shocked shocked

Before Before, Baba Wenger Will Use That 50 Millions To Sign The Whole Squad For 2 Seasons grin grin grin But Things Don Change Now. grin grin grin

Good Luck To You Ben... Even Though Am A Chelsea Fan.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by obembet(f): 7:05am On Aug 01, 2021
EricSmallz:
Old News

grin grin grin

E shocked me too... Over one week now, I never see am here

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:05am On Aug 01, 2021
BadEnglish:
The fact still remains the same:

Arsenal is Trash

Bet your ass we win the Premier League this season

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by xynerise: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2021
Doesn't change anything
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Gunners for life.
One of the best defenders in England.
Rice (Arsenal) and Stone (Man City) combine.
The food go sweet die.

Happy Birthday to me.
My mentor and role model, dem MANNA, today is my day o.
I want some Barbecue please.
I have been dreaming about MANNA Barbecue for a long time now.
From all of us @[/b],
Happy Birthday paddy.
Send a PM as soon as you close from church today.
If you are in PH or Lag, some of us @[b]MANNA
will definitely be in your neighborhood to celebrate with you.
It's your day, Dem MANNA soldiers.
Iyalaya anybody! cool
Do have fun on your day bro.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by xynerise: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Bet your ass we win the Premier League this season
You will also win Champions League and Europa League. Mtchew!! Dreamers

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Dikaveli(m): 7:08am On Aug 01, 2021
Kriss216:

Na that Declan Rice own shock me pass.

To think Lampard wanted to discard Kante in order to pay a huge amount for Declan Rice. That's where my dislike for Lampard started.

Your headache

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agege Soccer Temple Finally Gets Seal Of Approval From CAF / Today Is Perpetua Nkwocha's 46th Birthday / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Olympics Basketball (79 - 93) On 4th August 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.