Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank (13665 Views)

Protest In Osogbo As SARS Officers Chase 3 Suspected Fraudsters To Death (pix) / EFCC Arraigns Ex-banker For Stealing Customer's Money (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Banker For Stealing Customer's Money (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank by Nobody: 2:46am On May 10, 2022
Becareful of the app you download in playstore.Some app are spies that can steal your sensitive information in your phone.It's just like loan sharks that will use your contacts to blackmail you if you default in paying for loans.
Re: Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank by Nobody: 3:05am On May 10, 2022
templemount:
not really that he got my password but he made online purchases with my card irrespective of not giving him my otp and he equally withdrew some cash via pos.my card got missing in the village but I got debit alert from lagos pos shop
Some village pos registers in Lagos.Some of the POS I use in Delta state have their addresses registered in Lagos state.
Re: Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank by Nobody: 3:15am On May 10, 2022
owagbeba:

Boy! This is chilling!

Is paystack the medium providing the gateway For these websites to banks processing system?

Why aren’t the banks rejecting request from 2D platforms, and insist on them to upgrade to a more secure 3D platform?

I know 2D gateway is essential for over-the-phone payments but, atleast, there should be a way to incorporate the OTP aspect of this process to make it more secure.

Payments made over the 2D can be charged back, right? The customer can file claims to the bank, and in turn, the bank request a charge back from the merchant. I don’t if this is possible here; but overseas you can charge back on a fraudulent debit.

I tell you my story. The boys hit me on a Saturday night. All through that night, my phone had no network.. no calls... non SMS. I thought it was the usual network failure in my area. Airtel has poor network around this end. Then came Sunday morning... still no network. I checked my other phone used mainly for browsing; it had service.

I called Airtel... the said nothing wrong with my line. Maybe my SIM card is damaged. I went to Airtel office at shoprite. That was when I discovered they had swapped my SIM.

Immediately, I checked my email box: the debit alerts came rolling. First 30k, then another 30k on Sunday morning, another careless withdrawal ... total debit was 260K.

Omo, I followed it up with GT bank on Monday. Made a police report at Lions building, sworn court affidavit, stamped and registered. Copies of the debit alerts. Presented all these to Airtel office legal unit, GT fraud unit and CBN.

Got my money back in 21days.. to God the glory

Was there no arrest made or the suspect disclosed to you?
Re: Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank by slimskils: 5:15am On Jun 03, 2022
I got same alert yesternight, mine does not even sent any otp I saw the strange number called and next was debit alert, am all out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams / Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) / Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.