Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) (32286 Views)

Cubana Chief Priest Joins APC (Photos, Video) / General Azubuike Ihejirika Joins APC (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu Organize Protest Against APC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by oyatz(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=KelvinHerbert post=104443838][/quote]

You didn't mention any name.

The presidential election is very close now. An formidable candidate that can win presidential election in 2023 will be in the race by now.
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
oyatz:

You may actually die before Tinubu.

Every man will die at his appointed time.
TINUBU SLAVES LIKE YOU IS EVERYWHERE IN SOUTH WEST, IDIOCY
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by juman(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
Vote for sowore as president instead.
He is another generation to those tinubu and co.
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Tvoice: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2021
Vote another vegetable for president
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by 7lives: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
danilmo:

Tinubu is nothing, he did zero, I just want to vote him in..

I'm very clueless abt him.. cool

Beautiful cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by oyatz(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
Oizatobad:
TINUBU SLAVES LIKE YOU IS EVERYWHERE IN SOUTH WEST, IDIOCY

This isn't an intelligent response.

People die everyday in this country and you never can say if you will outlive Tinubu, Anthony Joshua, Jubril Al-Sudanni, Emeka Igbokwe or Nimota Rasaki.
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
lexy2014:

So what and what did tinubu do between 1999-2007 that made whoever rate him as d best governor in Nigeria during d period?
Tinubu met Lagos IGR at N600m neighborhood and at the end of his tenure it had become N11bn or so through the capture of more Lagosians into the tax net. In doing so he was resisted by M.A.N. and lots of other interest groups which took him to court over it and lost to him. That opened the eyes of many other state governors to the potentials which taxation holds as regards revenue generation and they followed suit without any fear of litigation. Now, with the growing awareness about the role of taxation in stimulating a constant demand for accountability by the governed and the resulting responsible governance it engenders, Tinubu's exclusive contribution to nation building is clearly evident.

lexy2014:

If u are comparing d IGR of Lagos state with all other 35states, pls what is d population of d other 35states compared to Lagos?
If you divide the IGR of Lagos by her population, the figure you get is higher than that which you get when you divide most other states' IGR with their respective populations. This translates to Lagos State having a higher GDP per capita by some standard meaning that Lagos has harnessed its IGR potentials more than most other state so your population angle of view doesn't cut the argument.
lexy2014:

What was d said IGR used to achieve during 1999-2007?
The IGR only reached impactful levels after the litigations were over and that was towards the end of his first tenure hence the time frame of your question should have been 2003 to 2007. That notwithstanding, most of the revenue from the IGR had to be immediately deployed for the payment of Lagos civil servants salaries which was to have been affected by the withheld federal allocation. But in spite of that he was able to kickstart BRT scheme for which he produced over 100 buses for a start off amidst the expansion of the state's civil service through the reactivation of LASTMA, LAWMA, and the construction of some strategic roads. Remember the issue of him attending to numerous state roads while erecting on federal roads signposts reading "Sorry, this is a federal Road"? You want more?

lexy2014:

U are mentioning 5years ago. Was tinubu governor 5years ago?
I believe you saw the word "legacy" in that response of mine?

lexy2014:

What is d tinubu legacy u are referring to? Kindly shed more light.

In simplest terms and summary, it is all about his pioneership of the new Lagos dream and the continuation of it by his successors.
lexy2014:

What has creating LCDAs in Lagos by Tinubu done to qualify him to be president of Nigeria?

Recall that he started out by creating those entities as fully fledged Local Government Areas only for the Supreme Court to reduce them to LCDAs after giving him victory over OBJ-led FG. We all know that the social injustices which has led to the emergence of ethnic militia is the inequitable allocation of revenue premised on arbitrary creation of LGAs by the military. Even you yourself know this. Tinubu's creation of LGAs in Lagos
was therefore a gesture and public statement that the injustice is not irreversible.
lexy2014:

What are Tinubus weaknesses that u are referring to?

In my own eyes, it was his decision to lead the AC into Yaradua's proposed GNU back then. Save for the resistance by Bisi Akande, Lai Mohammed and Tom Ikhimi, Nigeria would have through such myopic decision of his become a one-party state by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by lexy2014: 12:51am On Aug 09, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Tinubu met Lagos IGR at N600m neighborhood and at the end of his tenure it had become N11bn or so through the capture of more Lagosians into the tax net. In doing so he was resisted by M.A.N. and lots of other interest groups which took him to court over it and lost to him. That opened the eyes of many other state governors to the potentials which taxation holds as regards revenue generation and they followed suit without any fear of litigation. Now, with the growing awareness about the role of taxation in stimulating a constant demand for accountability by the governed and the resulting responsible governance it engenders, Tinubu's exclusive contribution to nation building is clearly evident.

How does this now make him the best governor between 1999-2007?

If you divide the IGR of Lagos by her population, the figure you get is higher than that which you get when you divide most other states' IGR with their respective populations. This translates to Lagos State having a higher GDP per capita by some standard meaning that Lagos has harnessed its IGR potentials more than most other state so your population angle of view doesn't cut the argument.

I dont see how that answers my question: If u are comparing d IGR of Lagos state with all other 35states, pls what is d population of d other 35states compared to Lagos? what was d greatest resource in Lagos state under Tinubu?

The IGR only reached impactful levels after the litigations were over and that was towards the end of his first tenure hence the time frame of your question should have been 2003 to 2007. That notwithstanding, most of the revenue from the IGR had to be immediately deployed for the payment of Lagos civil servants salaries which was to have been affected by the withheld federal allocation. But in spite of that he was able to kickstart BRT scheme for which he produced over 100 buses for a start off amidst the expansion of the state's civil service through the reactivation of LASTMA, LAWMA, and the construction of some strategic roads. Remember the issue of him attending to numerous state roads while erecting on federal roads signposts reading "Sorry, this is a federal Road"? You want more?

U were boasting of how IGR increased from 600m to 11billion yet u cant really tell me what d said IGR used to achieve during 1999-2007? is it these things u mentioned that any other state governor couldnt do with lesser IGR?

I believe you saw the word "legacy" in that response of mine?

what legacy are you referring to?

In simplest terms and summary, it is all about his pioneership of the new Lagos dream and the continuation of it by his successors.

which "new lagos"? what of d "old lagos"? whats d difference? did lagos start with Tinubu? what has d continuation by his successors got to do with him being d most qualified nigerian to be president of nigeria?

Recall that he started out by creating those entities as fully fledged Local Government Areas only for the Supreme Court to reduce them to LCDAs after giving him victory over OBJ-led FG. We all know that the social injustices which has led to the emergence of ethnic militia is the inequitable allocation of revenue premised on arbitrary creation of LGAs by the military. Even you yourself know this. Tinubu's creation of LGAs in Lagos was therefore a gesture and public statement that the injustice is not irreversible.

i clearly dont see how that answers this question: What has creating LCDAs in Lagos by Tinubu done to qualify him to be president of Nigeria?

In my own eyes, it was his decision to lead the AC into Yaradua's proposed GNU back then. Save for the resistance by Bisi Akande, Lai Mohammed and Tom Ikhimi, Nigeria would have through such myopic decision of his become a one-party state by now.

how did this affect his ability to govern?
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 12:53am On Aug 09, 2021
[quote author=lexy2014 post=104582328][/quote]
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 1:18am On Aug 09, 2021
lexy2014:
[/quote]

Which other governor contemporary of his made such record? Can you mention just one?

I dont see how that answers my question: If u are comparing d IGR of Lagos state with all other 35states, pls what is d population of d other 35states compared to Lagos? what was d greatest resource in Lagos state under Tinubu?

Then you obviously need a refresher course on GDP per capita.

U were boasting of how IGR increased from 600m to 11billion yet u cant really tell me what d said IGR used to achieve during 1999-2007? is it these things u mentioned that any other state governor couldnt do with lesser IGR?
Do I need to go futher to tell you that some of his contemporary governors owed salaries despite receiving federal allocations steadily while Tinubu owed no salary despite having a far larger civil service than them all amidst seizure of allocation throughout his second term? Can you mention just one other governor that started an enduring transportation scheme in or any of the other projects I have listed before I give you more? Can you even specifically mention one of these your other governors and what they achieved with their so-called lesser revenues rather than just keep making generalizations and blank assertions?

You have obviously chosen not to see them despite my enumeration of them. So I may not be able to force you to acknowledge them.

which "new lagos"? what of d "old lagos"? whats d difference? did lagos start with Tinubu? what has d continuation by his successors got to do with him being d most qualified nigerian to be president of nigeria?
Can you tell us a bit about these your other "better" state governors of Tinubu era, their "better" achievements and how successful their successors were?

i clearly dont see how that answers this question: What has creating LCDAs in Lagos by Tinubu done to qualify him to be president of Nigeria?

Then you clearly don't know the danger of social injustice to a society and why the fight against it qualified the likes of Mandela, Abraham Lincoln and many others as good leaders despite their individual imperfections.

You obviously think governance is all about only economic policies let alone know what democratic ideals are and the relationship between it and political stability which in turn affects economic development.
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by lexy2014: 3:29am On Aug 09, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Which other governor contemporary of his made such record? Can you mention just one?

Do I need to go futher to tell you that some of his contemporary governors owed salaries despite receiving federal allocations steadily while Tinubu owed no salary despite having a far larger civil service than them all amidst seizure of allocation throughout his second term? Can you mention just one other governor that started an enduring transportation scheme in or any of the other projects I have listed before I give you more? Can you even specifically mention one of these your other governors and what they achieved with their so-called lesser revenues rather than just keep making generalizations and blank assertions?

You have obviously chosen not to see them despite my enumeration of them. So I may not be able to force you to acknowledge them.

Can you tell us a bit about these your other "better" state governors of Tinubu era, their "better" achievements and how successful their successors were?

Then you clearly don't know the danger of social injustice to a society and why the fight against it qualified the likes of Mandela, Abraham Lincoln and many others as good leaders despite their individual imperfections.

You obviously think governance is all about only economic policies let alone know what democratic ideals are and the relationship between it and political stability which in turn affects economic development.

what record are u referring to? how does increasing revenue in lagos make tinubu best governor in nigeria between 1999-2007?

this is what i asked u. do u see any enquiry about GDP in d questions?: If u are comparing d IGR of Lagos state with all other 35states, pls what is d population of d other 35states compared to Lagos? what was d greatest resource in Lagos state under Tinubu?

are u trying to tell me that between 1999-2007, Tinubu was d only governor out of 36 that paid salaries? if he improved IGR from 500m to 11billion and all u can mention is paying salaries and BRT, then u have no other achievement to mention. by d way, is starting transportation system d criteria for all governors? and when u say "enduring transportation scheme", enduring in what way?

what did u "enumerate" that i didnt see? if i didnt see it, then u obviously didnt enumerate anything

what has "better state governors of Tinubu era" got to do with d question i asked? u made a claim that Tinubu is d "pioneer of the new Lagos". how does ur question about better state governors in tinubu era relate to ur claim and my question about it?

pls read my question again: which "new lagos"? what of d "old lagos"? whats d difference? did lagos start with Tinubu? what has d continuation by his successors got to do with him being d most qualified nigerian to be president of nigeria?

Pls tell me d danger of social injustice to a society. What has creating LCDAs in Lagos by Tinubu done to qualify him to be president of Nigeria?

since u are so knowledgeable about governance not just being about "economic policies and u know what democratic ideals are and the relationship between it and political stability which in turn affects economic development", then answering my question shouldnt have been a challenge for u.

so what are democratic ideals and its relationship with political stability which in turn affects economic development? mind u: how did this affect his ability to govern?
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:09am On Aug 09, 2021
lexy2014:

what record are u referring to? how does increasing revenue in lagos make tinubu best governor in nigeria between 1999-2007?

this is what i asked u. do u see any enquiry about GDP in d questions?: If u are comparing d IGR of Lagos state with all other 35states, pls what is d population of d other 35states compared to Lagos? what was d greatest resource in Lagos state under Tinubu?

are u trying to tell me that between 1999-2007, Tinubu was d only governor out of 36 that paid salaries? if he improved IGR from 500m to 11billion and all u can mention is paying salaries and BRT, then u have no other achievement to mention. by d way, is starting transportation system d criteria for all governors? and when u say "enduring transportation scheme", enduring in what way?

what did u "enumerate" that i didnt see? if i didnt see it, then u obviously didnt enumerate anything

what has "better state governors of Tinubu era" got to do with d question i asked? u made a claim that Tinubu is d "pioneer of the new Lagos". how does ur question about better state governors in tinubu era relate to ur claim and my question about it?

pls read my question again: which "new lagos"? what of d "old lagos"? whats d difference? did lagos start with Tinubu? what has d continuation by his successors got to do with him being d most qualified nigerian to be president of nigeria?

Pls tell me d danger of social injustice to a society. What has creating LCDAs in Lagos by Tinubu done to qualify him to be president of Nigeria?

since u are so knowledgeable about governance not just being about "economic policies and u know what democratic ideals are and the relationship between it and political stability which in turn affects economic development", then answering my question shouldnt have been a challenge for u.

so what are democratic ideals and its relationship with political stability which in turn affects economic development? mind u: how did this affect his ability to govern?

You are only repeating the questions I have answered you without answering mine. Like I said name the other governors and tell us what exactly each of them did better than Tinubu and how much accrued to them for which Tinubu got far more relative to population of their states. The ball is now in your court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:10am On Aug 09, 2021
Deadlytruth:

You are only repeating the questions I have answered you without answering mine. Like I said name the other governors and tell us what exactly each of them did better than Tinubu and how much accrued to them for which Tinubu got far more relative to population of their states. The ball is now in your court.

Oga, u haven't answered anything. It's obvious that u have even lost track of what am asking. The focus is on What makes Tinubu qualified to be d next president of Nigeria based on his stewardship between 1999-2007.

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Oga, u haven't answered anything. It's obvious that u have even lost track of what am asking. The focus is on What makes Tinubu qualified to be d next president of Nigeria based on his stewardship between 1999-2007.

Oga, you are just playing the devil's advocate hence You simply lost track by repeating the questions over and over again. Unfortunately your likes would argue that Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan were qualified for president without recourse to explaining what qualified them. Yaradua was Tinubu's contemporary. What qualified him for president that doesn't qualify Tinubu? Tell us Yaradua's achievements assuming you ever heard about him before Obasanjo brought him out and your likes endorsed him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Oga, you are just playing the devil's advocate hence You simply lost track by repeating the questions over and over again. Unfortunately your likes would argue that Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan were qualified for president without recourse to explaining what qualified them. Yaradua was Tinubu's contemporary. What qualified him for president that doesn't qualify Tinubu? Tell us Yaradua's achievements assuming you ever heard about him before Obasanjo brought him out and your likes endorsed him.

if i lost track, then i wont be repeating the questions am asking over and over again. it shows that am on d same path. if u say am "just playing the devil's advocate", how does that prevent u from answering d questions asked? Was there a time i discussed Obasanjo, yar'adua and jonathan with u? kindly produce where we had that conversation. so based on your claims of Tinubus suitability for president, u have d following questions:

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by orisa37: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2021
Osinbajo is more educated, more experienced and more righteous than Tinubu.
Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2021
lexy2014:

if i lost track, then i wont be repeating the questions am asking over and over again. it shows that am on d same path. if u say am "just playing the devil's advocate", how does that prevent u from answering d questions asked? Was there a time i discussed Obasanjo, yar'adua and jonathan with u? kindly produce where we had that conversation. so based on your claims of Tinubus suitability for president, u have d following questions:

When a person loses track it means he is no longer able to find his way forward and not that he has remained static.
You want to defend yourself with the claim that you didn't talk about Yaradua or Obasanjo? Did I in my very first comment you quoted talk about Tinubu meeting any set qualification criteria to be president based on anything that has to do with his administration of Lagos State in the areas of revenue generation and deployment which you smuggled in in your response which led to this back and forth?
As long as opinions are getting more and more unanimous that only a restructured Nigeria will bring about the Nigeria of our dreams then common sense dictates that the major qualification criterion for a president who will midwife the delivery of such a Nigeria is one with cognate antecedents, and that is how and why Tinubu qualifies on account of his pro-restructuring antecedents which even his most vehement detractors don't deny. You alone chose to bring in the issue of revenue generation and allocation into the criteria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Vote Tinubu For President' - Taraba APC (Photos) by lexy2014: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
Deadlytruth:

When a person loses track it means he is no longer able to find his way forward and not that he has remained static.
You want to defend yourself with the claim that you didn't talk about Yaradua or Obasanjo? Did I in my very first comment you quoted talk about Tinubu meeting any set qualification criteria to be president based on anything that has to do with his administration of Lagos State in the areas of revenue generation and deployment which you smuggled in in your response which led to this back and forth?
As long as opinions are getting more and more unanimous that only a restructured Nigeria will bring about the Nigeria of our dreams then common sense dictates that the major qualification criterion for a president who will midwife the delivery of such a Nigeria is one with cognate antecedents, and that is how and why Tinubu qualifies on account of his pro-restructuring antecedents which even his most vehement detractors don't deny. You alone chose to bring in the issue of revenue generation and allocation into the criteria.

To loose track is a term derived from Sprint athletics where athletes occupy different tracks& are expected to complete their race on their designated tracks. U loose track when u leave ur track or lane& run in another's lane or track. Is it simple enough now? Hence, d following:

What antecedents does Tinubu have with restructuring? When last did Tinubu talk about restructuring?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Sentences Bassey Albert To 42 Years In Prison / Police To Declare Dino Melaye Wanted If He Fails To Appear In Court / Ogechi Ololo Imo Commissioner Of Happiness All Smiles As She's Spotted In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.