Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion (1774 Views)

How Can I Tell If She Has Had An Abortion Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by segunjowo(m): 3:27pm On May 16, 2011
I was with a friend over the weekend. He shared his story,
My wife is pregnant with my baby six months after our first baby, he lold me.
And what's wrong with that? I asked.
A lot, and I need her to terminate the pregnancy! he replied. How so? I was curious, and then he began his story,
Sheg, You know I met my wife 2009 and we got involved. I was into her immediately, thinking only with my head. I had been frustrated relationship wise previously, and didn't want to take chances knowing I am almost overdue(he was 33 then). Pressue here and there, from friends and family saying 'oh boy go and marry u don they old'.
We got really involved and three months after, she was ready to follow me home to meet my parents. I took her to them and they liked her immediately. My parents wants a grandchild from her- they told her so!
When I met her she wasn't really working, so to speak, but was preparing to round up her OND in a polythechnic. I didn't marry her for her money because she had none to offer. I married her because I tot I could mold her to the woman I desire because of her character.
Soon after she got pregnant early 2010, I informed my parents and they came all down for our introduction with/to her parents. Other events like registry and proper engagements were defered by her parents, saying they wanted it low-keyed and only after her delivery of our baby.
Sheg, her first pregnancy period was a nightmare for me. she was always sick, always dreaming bad dreams and all, I was pissed off but managed to pull thru that stage. I spent so much money and energy, almost sold my car in the process cos it got spoilt one day when I was taking her to the hospital. With prayers, all went well and she soon gave birth to our first baby.
Owing to the stress she put me thru, financially and phisically, I told her we should stop having babies for a while while I consolidates and get her something to do in the form of business since she has no job and thus contributes nothing to help me run my home. I told her life is not about chilren but having good money to give a child quality education, even if it is one child. But she wont hear it and said she wanted more babies. I know the importance of spacing children. I have seen children not adequately spaced and what soon became of their parents and those children, healthwise. I want my children properly spaced.
And so when she told me she 'lost' her period last month I was furious, and told her to look for it. if she want more babies she has to wait. she said no and disregard my words, and now that it's running to two months I took it serious with her and threathened to disown her and the pregnancy if she wont do something about it. she then gave several excuses why she wont abort saying she has previously been warned never to abort whenever she gets pregnant, and also that maybe I hav got another girlfriend out their is why I insist on the abortion and even went to the extent of inviting her mother to talk me out of it. I bluntly refused and insist she get rid of the pregnancy. Her mother got angry and left, saying maybe I want to kill her daughter. I stood my ground. And now when she saw the seriousness in me, she is ready to terminate but dont want to do D&C. She is asking me other options which I dont know.
Sheg, can you help? do you know where I can take her to?
I must confess I was confused and don't know what to tell my friend yesterday when he narrated his story. I promised to get back to him soon.
And so I am pushing this topic to the house for discussion, what will you advise?
What are the effect of getting pregnant withing six months of giving birth and what effect would that have on the baby that is currently being breastfed?
Plus, since my friend said he is not financially strong to take care of another pregnancy now, will you advise he follow his instincts and push for this abortion?
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by tpia5: 3:29pm On May 16, 2011
has she informed his relatives he's telling her to abort the baby?

of course things may be hard but imo its only three months till delivery so why is he still tripping. undecided

if my parents had aborted me due to the inconvenience of the pregnancy at the time would i be here today typing.

and next time, use a condom or get a vasectomy if you mean business?

some people are praying everyday to have children while others are throwing theirs away.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by MsPotato(f): 3:31pm On May 16, 2011
shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by MMM2(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2011
never do abortion b4,
So i dont know what 2 say.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by atiku07(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2011
nawa women and dis dere stoopid missin periods. She no get brain say feeding a baby prego 4 another might affec  de baby.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Nekai(f): 3:57pm On May 16, 2011
[size=22pt]The nerve of that woman impregnating herself without her poor husband's consent![/size]
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Sijo01(f): 4:00pm On May 16, 2011
atiku07:

nawa women and dis dere stoopid missin periods. She no get brain say feeding a baby prego 4 another might affec  de baby.

wat are u saying? d man nor no say him wife dey feed baby b4 him dey enter d woman any how.  angry
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by ABIAZIEMO: 4:03pm On May 16, 2011
na wah ooo, some people are just wack!!! who got her pregnant in the first place? why didnt u let her have some rest after having the first baby? u cudnt keep ur pants up and u got the woman pregnant, u want an abortion? u re just been too selfish and self centered, ve u considered d trauma she is goin thru as per breastfeedin a child and at d same time carrying a pregnancy, guy u re just too calous to even think about abortion, this is the time for u to get more close to her,comfort her,pamper her and encourage her,
next time use a contrceptive
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by hunkyjohn(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2011
Very complex issue but he should forget that idea of abortion completely. He just has to face it and square up to the added responsibility. He also needs to take charge of the birth control issue himself after the birth of the second baby. It's obvious his wife cannot handle herself properly.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by segunjowo(m): 4:38pm On May 16, 2011
Hmm,
Seems the majority of opinion here is against abortion.
OK.
Lets face the attendant consequenses, healthwise, for the baby currently being breastfed?
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by tpia5: 4:46pm On May 16, 2011
nawa women and dis dere stoopid missin periods

you sound so d.aft.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by biolabee(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2011
ol boi this is a deep issue as i also wanted 4 yrs even b4 my first child

I blame Mr Man first for not communicating and ensuring the buy-in of his young wife after the first birth. this was forestalled any problem

However wetin don be don be and i will make the following comments

1. he is not a young man and it is best he takes any child he gets as u never know the future. God give u something u dey reject am,when u need am,

2. An abortion may be destructive to the woman's life n health and may lead to other complications

3. Let him improve his wife's status (biz, education etc)

4. its sad sha, but if he does not want the pikin give the child to SOS.pple dey wey dey find pikin,
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Jackieugo(f): 6:14pm On May 16, 2011
This man is so wicked. How can he live with himself after trying to force his wife to kill their child? Na wa o
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by hazureal(f): 6:21pm On May 16, 2011
Lol @ Nekai.
@ OP, i'm not an advocate of abortion, so i wouldnt advice d woman 2 do it. I second Biolabee's opinion.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by kpolli(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2011
dont try to abort it ooooo
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by segunjowo(m): 11:57am On May 17, 2011
All againg abortion, is it that bad?
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by bamaiyiO(m): 12:24pm On May 17, 2011
If he were serious he shld have gone 4 a good family planning.
Am nt in support of d idea of abortion, rather dy shld have d babe and learn to discipline dmselve to avoid such hppng again.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by maclatunji: 12:32pm On May 17, 2011
Nekai:

[size=22pt]The nerve of that woman impregnating herself without her poor husband's consent![/size]

True!
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by danben(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2011
I think your friend should just brave up and face the challenge. Abortion is not an option but rather adjustment to the situation. I will only advice that they shold be prepared for reliable family planning immediate after delivery so the such will not reoccur in the future. Thank God for the life of his wife refusing to go on abortion.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Babylove1(f): 1:42pm On May 17, 2011
ABIAZIEMO:

na wah ooo, some people are just wack!!! who got her pregnant in the first place? why didnt u let her have some rest after having the first baby? u cudnt keep your pants up and u got the woman pregnant, u want an abortion? u re just been too selfish and self centered, ve u considered d trauma she is goin thru as per breastfeedin a child and at d same time carrying a pregnancy, guy u re just too calous to even think about abortion, this is the time for u to get more close to her,comfort her,pamper her and encourage her,
next time use a contrceptive
GBAM!
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Babylove1(f): 1:43pm On May 17, 2011
from this post its very obvious some guys only think with their balls and not their brains
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Kanou(f): 1:47pm On May 17, 2011
Nekai:

Exactly! How dare she?

How about he taking part in whatever contraception method they hopefully discussed to use? He could learn to read her calendar!
Anyway, to console himself, let him think: What if the wife had given birth to twins at once?

SMH undecided
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by melodytoda: 2:19pm On May 17, 2011
Oga,

Your friend is not the first down that road. I know of someone who got pregy at exactly six months after the first baby. What she did was simply to stop breast feedin d baby. Thanks to infant 4mula. D baby 2day is healthier than some that breastfed for 2 years.

For the financial aspect, the man shud set up biz no mata hw small 4 d wife b4 baby no 2 arrives.

After d arrival, d man shud take up d family planning issue, i mean birth control upon himself cos 2 much cannot be expected from an OND wife. I mean, she is just a little higher than sec. sch and her knowledge is thus limited especially if she has not been the yopy yopy type.

Your friend should keep d baby.

Has he thought of the consequences of termination? Though man no get wahala, he can always marry another but what of the wife? Except he does not love her,

And what was your friend thinking when he was jamming his wife without as much as Gold corcle?
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by segunjowo(m): 8:53am On May 18, 2011
melodytoda:

Oga,

Your friend is not the first down that road. I know of someone who got pregy at exactly six months after the first baby. What she did was simply to stop bosom feedin d baby. Thanks to infant 4mula. D baby 2day is healthier than some that breastfed for 2 years.

For the financial aspect, the man shud set up biz no mata hw small 4 d wife b4 baby no 2 arrives.

After d arrival, d man shud take up d family planning issue, i mean birth control upon himself cos 2 much cannot be expected from an OND wife. I mean, she is just a little higher than sec. sch and her knowledge is thus limited especially if she has not been the yopy yopy type.

Has he thought of the consequences of termination? Though man no get wahala, he can always marry another but what of the wife? Except he does not love her,

And what was your friend thinking when he was jamming his wife without as much as Gold corcle?
well said.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
[[b]quote author=melodytoda link=topic=668552.msg8338148#msg8338148 date=1305638392]
Oga,

Your friend is not the first down that road. I know of someone who got pregy at exactly six months after the first baby. What she did was simply to stop bosom feedin d baby. Thanks to infant 4mula. D baby 2day is healthier than some that breastfed for 2 years.

[/quote]He was tinkin like d FOOLISH DOG he is! angry angry angry angry[quote author=Nekai link=topic=668552.msg8331662#msg8331662 date=1305557843]
Ur a fool for sayin posting dis trash! Are u sure ur a lady?! Cos u sound like a gay!![/b]
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by omega25red(m): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
kimberluge:

your a fool for sayin posting dis trash! Are u sure your a lady?! Cos u sound like a gay!![/b]
This post is super old and you obviously don't get the concept of sarcasm  undecided

Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by InkedNerd(f): 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
omega25red:

This post is super old and you obviously don't get the concept of sarcasm undecided

lol, nope she didn't. The lack of comprehension had me crackin' up grin
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by Exponental(m): 11:52am On Nov 17, 2011
He shldnt av had unprotected sex wen he knew his plan.
15months diff is nt too bad.
I know sisters who are just 9months diff. ie mother impregnated almost immediately after delivery.
Tell him, he might wish he neva had d pregnancy terminated in future, so he shld buckle up 4 d future.
Re: His Wife Is Pregnant Within Six Months Of Having A Baby And He Wants An Abortion by tpia5: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
The speed at which people dig up their bookmarked threads.

Una suppose get proper work sha.

(1) (Reply)

Raw & Bitter Truth / Interracial Love Lets Spread The Word Around / Why Do Girls Use D Word "" SERIOUSLY" All D Time... It Is Becomin So So Annoyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.