Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54553 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Rebuke: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tourist123:
nope bro. Its $33. A month pass is $135( I think). The card is to get access to the subway, when you’re inside the subway, all the trains are free.

Wow, isn't that great?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good morning guys…For my breakfast this morning I microwaved the Nkowbi and moimoi I bought from the nigerian restaurant last night

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Train route for today..I’m going to an African food market today

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by THMT: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
byrron:

I used to live in queens and just 5 minutes to JFK. Was always using the A train to Manhattan for my daily commute to work since driving was a waste of time due to the heavy traffics on the road and limited parking areas.

Enjoy your stay and also make sure you go to downtown especially Time Square for some tourist experiences.

Stay away from Brooklyn.

Mind telling potential tourist/Newbies in NY city the reason why?
Who knows, Your advice may save a soul now or later in future.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Newborn27(f): 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tourist123:
maid or hawker is too extreme my Sister.

I guess I exaggerated.

Happy birthday to you," aseyi samodun, asamodun semuren"

How did you eat poundo and amala together? It's weird.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
THMT:

Mind telling potential tourist/Newbies in NY city the reason why?
Who knows, Your advice may save a soul now or later in future.

NY is a very busy State, lively and fast paced and is suitable for those that have lived in a similar environment.

It is also a state that accommodates immigrants especially those that visited but don't have the work authorization card since they can easily get an under the table jobs and start making some few dollars but prepare your mind to work for lenghty hours for a few dollars / day.

NY has a lot of job opportunities one can take advantage of but be ready to make more use of the subways than your own vehicle.

NY is also a safe heaven for immigrants since it is a cosmopolitan state.

Just like every other society, NY has it's own challenges as well. Crime is on the high especially in Brooklyn and it is kind of over populated.

NY is fun to be but can also be a pain in the a$$ especially when driving due to the heavy backed up traffic you are most likely to run into.

These are just a few things i can say about NY.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mcslize: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
zolajpower:

I stayed in Kano for three years it took me two good years to learn and speak the ( HAUSA) language. but I spent 5years in benin I was able to speak only one word that is uwese or ogha ba to kpaye ise which I have learnt on tv shows . They love gossips especially men , they don't like themselves let alone strangers ...... But I will tell hausa re more open hearted than the benins . Thank God sey your wife never gave the node to go . She's can't be concerned about the girls , but there are other things that happened there you won't wish for . No night life , there agberos and driver , the indigenes so many that I can't count . Guy be happy you re in Kano . If not for my girlfriend ( from USA ) I would have relocated to Kano . Benin is worse off

How is it like for someone who is not a Muslim to live in Kano? Thinking of a good city to relocate to.

Hope there is no threats to those who are not Muslim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by osasalfred4(m): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
Mcslize:

How is it like for someone who is not a Muslim to live in Kano? Thinking of a good city to relocate to.

Kano it's calm if u living in the city and not the villages. U can even own a house there if u please

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Joohan: 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
SaintHilary:
Hadampson my real Gee!! I'm highly and forever present bruv!

I've been in the UK for a while now, When i decide to settle fully or move, I'll create my own thread and call out all the notable and hard working travel section names you mentioned. I vividly remember almost everyone on that list grin

PS : my Hilary has just 1 "L" o lipsrsealed

My today movement goes like this, Image too large for NL, had to Screengrab

Traitor angry angry angry angry

Congrats, my man. Expecting your thread soonest also grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:27am On Aug 08, 2021
The America you won’t see on TV.
I went to Bronx today meenh it an eyesore. I felt so unsafe and scared. The last time i felt this scared was when I visited a notorious off campus environment in Uniben called Ekosodin.

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:31am On Aug 08, 2021
I live in a 99% white state and I can categorically tell you how safe my state is. The Bronx is crazily unsafe even during the day. I was praying not to get robbed by the gang groups I was seeing. I was also trying to blend in by not taking many pictures so they dont notice the JJC I was to New York and Bronx.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Chloraseptic: 2:03am On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in a 99% white state and I can categorically tell you how safe my state is. The Bronx is crazily unsafe even during the day. I was praying not to be robbed by the gang groups I was seeing. I was also trying to blend in by not taking many pictures so they dont notice the JJC I was to New York and Bronx.

Guy rest for that matter.. is this what you call an eye sore.

A pile of dirt on a tiled floor on a walkway. Even the dirt looks fine.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:38am On Aug 08, 2021
Chloraseptic:

The place was looking unsafe

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Newborn27(f): 5:26am On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
The America you won’t see on TV.
I went to Bronx today meenh it an eyesore. I felt so unsafe and scared. The last time i felt this scared was when I visited a notorious off campus environment in Uniben called Ekosodin.

Yorubas will say"airinjina lao ri abuke okere"

Nigeria is better than this though....las Las NYC no be heaven niyen.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 6:35am On Aug 08, 2021
Mcslize:

If you don't do things contrary to the laws of the land Then sabon gari is a best bet for you . You don't have any business with Muslim . Try get a place at " no man's land " but I prefer Kano to Benin ...... Kano is not expensive , there's more prospect in Kano compare to Benin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 9jaRealist: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
After many years of hearing about Times Square, I visited the place this night to at least get a sneak peek of how it looks. It’s Awesome

My old neighborhood… cool
Lived on 44th St. between 6th Ave and Broadway for 10 years.

PS: Please extend my greetings to those giant rats rooting around the restaurants’ garbage. grin grin grin
>

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 8:11am On Aug 08, 2021
Good morning guys. It’s 3:08am here I’m on my way to the Bus station for my return trip Home. Touring NYC was fun and educative. It changed my view about this country big time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Hadampson(m): 8:20am On Aug 08, 2021
dbestuncle:
You don't know that very many of us are thinking, planning and praying to relocate from naija.
I will share my story here someday

Hopefully you will and don't forget to mention me biko wink cool

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Hadampson(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2021
Tolzy11:

Omo they mention me too for the all this sweet threads o

See Richdee1 or Niklausefred for proper registration grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=Hadampson post=104469441]

I don land
Thanks for the call brother smiley cool

If i mention your moniker, say present

Present boss! cool

My best thread,I pray this thread runs for a long time,maybe even after the op's trip.

Op ride we full ground dey ur back cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Hadampson(m): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2021
SaintHilary:

I've been in the UK for a while now, When i decide to settle fully or move, I'll create my own thread and call out all the notable and hard working travel section names you mentioned. I vividly remember almost everyone on that list grin

Wow wow wow
You really surprised me bro
This is the type of news i always look forward to. I'm so happy right now

May the universe favour you in your new home smiley

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2021
I’m at the subway station, taking two trains to the greyhound bus park, the first train arrives in 5mins

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 8:55am On Aug 08, 2021
The train just arrived

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 10:33am On Aug 08, 2021
Bye bye New York

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 2Lynx(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2021
Hadampson:

I don land

2. Fidelismaria
3. Niklausefred
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFab123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134

We are here bro, thanks for the mention
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 2Lynx(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2021
SaintHilary:

One out, few more to go
Congratulations Sir..
We await more news of success from you
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2021
I have been sleeping since we left NY. I woke up at about 3am to prepare for the trip.
We are currently in Bridgeport, Connecticut

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2021
Our next stop is New Haven, Connecticut
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Limassol(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gilbertase:
statements like this irk me. How many people in Nigeria are as comfortable as you are? The reality of about 90% of the pple who aren't as privileged as you, is so easily rubbished by you cos you have a posh life. Abeg. Newsflash! Every country on the surface of this earth is not so bad when you have money. Imagine the statement from this dude propped up in his luxury apartment, luxury car and well paid job 'Nigeria not so bad as you all paint it'. Nonsense
thanks for this reply, it's epic and onpoint.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
SaintHilary:

Bruv you never told us man
You don japa too? Wow shocked

Congratulations and more success stories from the crew.
Some day I will share mine grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hadampson:

I don land

2. Fidelismaria
3. Niklausefred
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHilary(UK)
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFab123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11(welcome to the crew)
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Guy!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / Russian Plane Crash-Landed In Cornfield After Engines Suck In Birds(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.