Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54532 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
New Haven Bus stop

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hadampson:

I don land
Thanks for the call brother smiley cool

If i mention your moniker, say present

2. Fidelismaria
3. Niklausefred
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFab123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11(welcome to the crew)
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
New Haven Bus stop

Lol those cracks dey give me orgasm grin

The environment is neat.

Africa is in a mess

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Chiiamaka: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
That’s all for today guys…. Btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY

Happy birthday
Best wishes
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tolzy11(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=NiklauseFred post=104559019][/quote]
Thanks
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Hadampson(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=NiklauseFred post=104553201][/quote]

Welcome brother
Hope you bring popcorn along sha tongue

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Limassol(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newborn27:

Yorubas will say"airinjina lao ri abuke okere"

Nigeria is better than this though....las Las NYC no be heaven niyen.
just a spot in a neighbourhood and you got carried away. Do you think there is any country in this world that is 100% free of rundown areas?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hadampson:

Welcome brother
Hope you bring popcorn along sha tongue

Swears! I brought two bags grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Limassol(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
Good morning guys. It’s 3:08am here I’m on my way to the Bus station for my return trip Home. Touring NYC was fun and educative. It changed my view about this country big time.
changed your view in what way?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
The driver stopped in Hartford, Connecticut to pick passengers. Some of the passengers are going to Boston so he’s gonna take them to Springfield to get a connecting bus to Boston.
The last bus stop is White River Junction, Vermont. That’s where I am dropping.
I’ve been on and off since we started this trip, sleep is seriously dealing with me. I can’t wait to get home, I need a long nice sleep.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
Springfield, MA.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mcslize: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Limassol:
just a spot in a neighbourhood and you got carried away. Do you think there is any country in this world that is 100% free of rundown areas?

Yes, my country of origin.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by THMT: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gracias amigo. This is a well written piece to whomever it will/may concern.

byrron:

NY is a very busy State, lively and fast paced and is suitable for those that have lived in a similar environment.

It is also a state that accommodates immigrants especially those that visited but don't have the work authorization card since they can easily get an under the table jobs and start making some few dollars but prepare your mind to work for lenghty hours for a few dollars / day.

NY has a lot of job opportunities one can take advantage of but be ready to make more use of the subways than your own vehicle.

NY is also a safe heaven for immigrants since it is a cosmopolitan state.

Just like every other society, NY has it's own challenges as well. Crime is on the high especially in Brooklyn and it is kind of over populated.

NY is fun to be but can also be a pain in the a$$ especially when driving due to the heavy backed up traffic you are most likely to run into.

These are just a few things i can say about NY.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
We left Springfield few minutes ago, the driver just discovered that he left someone behind. Lol
I wonder where greyhound get their drivers from lol
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mummyimbecile(m): 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
It’s 5:20am and my bus from Vermont to New York departs by 6:30am. The driving time from my apartment to the Bus station is about 30mins so I’m leaving the house now so I can check in on time.
Nice one bro, I'm thinking of doing one of my road trip and updating it here, I'm gonna do that soon.

I live in South Burlington, maybe we can link up if you live in the city.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by RodgersAkpafu: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in a 99% white state and I can categorically tell you how safe my state is. The Bronx is crazily unsafe even during the day. I was praying not to be robbed by the gang groups I was seeing. I was also trying to blend in by not taking many pictures so they dont notice the JJC I was to New York and Bronx.
Your first comment sounds a lil bit somehow

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lukaku95: 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in a 99% white state and I can categorically tell you how safe my state is. The Bronx is crazily unsafe even during the day. I was praying not to be robbed by the gang groups I was seeing. I was also trying to blend in by not taking many pictures so they dont notice the JJC I was to New York and Bronx.
where the gang ? And this place I'm seeing doesn't look unsafe to Me

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lukaku95: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Guy rest for that matter.. is this what you call an eye sore.

A pile of dirt on a tiled floor on a walkway. Even the dirt looks fine.
they even put am for water proof.. come still tie am
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
Home is close, we are in Vermont already. The driver just dropped a passenger

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
THMT:
Gracias amigo. This is a well written piece to whomever it will/may concern.

Thanks my friend
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by alfonso36(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:
Home is close, we are in Vermont already. The driver just dropped a passenger
Can I Humbly request that you continue this thread sir even though you've gotten home ?? Maybe the daily life's, interactions with people, Anything bro to keep us going. Pictures will be much more Appreciated

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Richdee1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
SaintHilary:
Hadampson my real Gee!! I'm highly and forever present bruv!

I've been in the UK for a while now, When i decide to settle fully or move, I'll create my own thread and call out all the notable and hard working travel section names you mentioned. I vividly remember almost everyone on that list grin

PS : my Hilary has just 1 "L" o lipsrsealed

My today movement goes like this, Image too large for NL, had to Screengrab

Argh!! Hillary Don gbese leave us on a low key
Hope say you no go come back to this shithole. Regularise your stay oo

Congrats geeee, so happy for you
Your thread go make sense Sha

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
Home sweet home! Touch down white River Junction

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Driving home now. The bus stop was at White River Junction, Vermont, I live very close to the border between New Hampshire and Vermont. I’m driving NH

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
My street

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by femijay8271(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Alaye, u must continue this thread o

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by isaythetruth(m): 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nice thread, mummyimbecile I sight you, bro, you no dey visit our ashawo thread again... Keep flexing bro. It's like you don relocate from Florida?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
isaythetruth:
Nice thread, mummyimbecile I sight you, bro, you no dey visit our ashawo thread again... Keep flexing bro. It's like you don relocate from Florida?
lol, I don't have time for trolls there, being busy with work! I visit the thread once In a while.

Yeah, I relocated last year. I decided to relocate to Vermont, most of my peeps stay there.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:

Good morning guys. It’s 3:08am here I’m on my way to the Bus station for my return trip Home. Touring NYC was fun and educative. It changed my view about this country big time.

Stumbled on this thread like an hour ago. You were staying just 20 minutes away.... and I was off yesterday and today. Was thinking of linking up and let's roll a bit. Did you know you were just a few train stops from Luna Park?... the Amusement Park in Coney Island? Did you know when you got off the Brooklyn Bridge ... that World Trade Center was only an easy 15 minutes walk away?... and if you wanted to snap it just a 5 minutes walk? You went to Times Square... twice .... did you know Madison Square Garden is within walking distance?... and the Empire State Building ... Macy's are all within walking distance?... and if you're a Trump fan his Trump Tower is also within walking distance... opposite direction? If interested in history... Black History... should've hop on train or bus and ride up to Harlem... walk the streets that Muhammad Ali and soo many others walked... the Apollo Theatre where many legends shot to fame. Now you know better...... next time!... you
have just scratched the surface.

On the quote.... for anyone coming to NYC.... come with an open mind and not prejudiced. You said you felt unsafe ... but yet above ... you're on the train at 3:08 a.m. Didn't you feel unsafe?.. at that hour?... in the subway? ... in Brooklyn? Why not Uber? Anywhere in NYC there are gangs ... just like where you were staying... that's Mafia territory... used to be the Italian now the Russian mafia is dominant. Did you know that?... or you think because Whites are there it is all good? Latinos are right next door... las las .. were you attacked?... robbed? In general... people getting robbed on the street is not as common as one would be lead to believe. There is street code.
Lastly ..... didn't dodge .... let us know how much the wonderful breakfast cost.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Rocking my souvenir already. I love it

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mummyimbecile:
lol, I don't have time for trolls there, being busy with work! I visit the thread once In a while.

Yeah, I relocated last year. I decided to relocate to Vermont, most of my peeps stay there.
I live in Lebanon, NH

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
Originalsly:

Stumbled on this thread like an hour ago. You were staying just 20 minutes away.... and I was off yesterday and today. Was thinking of linking up and let's roll a bit. Did you know you were just a few train stops from Luna Park?... the Amusement Park in Coney Island? Did you know when you got off the Brooklyn Bridge ... that World Trade Center was only an easy 15 minutes walk away?... and if you wanted to snap it just a 5 minutes walk? You went to Times Square... twice .... did you know Madison Square Garden is within walking distance?... and the Empire State Building ... Macy's are all within walking distance?... and if you're a Trump fan his Trump Tower is also within walking distance... opposite direction? If interested in history... Black History... should've hop on train or bus and ride up to Harlem... walk the streets that Muhammad Ali and soo many others walked... the Apollo Theatre where many legends shot to fame. Now you know better...... next time!... you
have just scratched the surface.

On the quote.... for anyone coming to NYC.... come with an open mind and not prejudiced. You said you felt unsafe ... but yet above ... you're on the train at 3:08 a.m. Didn't you feel unsafe?.. at that hour?... in the subway? ... in Brooklyn? Why not Uber? Anywhere in NYC there are gangs ... just like where you were staying... that's Mafia territory... used to be the Italian now the Russian mafia is dominant. Did you know that?... or you think because Whites are there it is all good? Latinos are right next door... las las .. were you attacked?... robbed? In general... people getting robbed on the street is not as common as one would be lead to believe. There is street code.
Lastly ..... didn't dodge .... let us know how much the wonderful breakfast cost.

Wow. I never knew these places were within my reach from Brooklyn bridge. NY is a very big tourist location and it’s impossible to see all the places in just 3 days. This is actually my NYC tour Part 1. I may revisit the city at a much later date after my Rhode Island, Baltimore and Las Vegas trip.
The place I felt unsafe was the Bronx. The guys I saw at the subway were looking scary with big muscles, heavy tattoo and making loud noise.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.