Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54548 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mummyimbecile:

Yeah, I relocated last year. I decided to relocate to Vermont, most of my peeps stay there.

Hmmm..... after living in NYC how do you sleep in such a quiet place? It may take me yearssss to adapt.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
femijay8271:
Alaye, u must continue this thread o
I have another road trip on August 28th to Rhode Island for a friend’s wedding. It’s just a day trip and I’m gonna open another thread for it.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Chloraseptic: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lukaku95:
they even put am for water proof.. come still tie am

Op don't know what dirt is in Nigeria
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mummyimbecile(m): 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
Originalsly:

Hmmm..... after living in NYC how do you sleep in such a quiet place? It may take me yearssss to adapt.
i stayed in Florida for a year. Vermont is one of the safest state in the US, very cold. Adapting wasn't much of a Herculean task. New York is an overpopulated State just like Lagos state. But Vermont is a cool state just like all states in the New England region.

I plan to visit Connecticut soon, I go post pixs when I do that.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tourist123:

Wow. I never knew these places were within my reach from Brooklyn bridge. NY is a very big tourist location and it’s impossible to see all the places in just 3 days. This is actually my NYC tour Part 1. I may revisit the city at a much later date after my Rhode Island, Baltimore and Las Vegas trip.
The place I felt unsafe was the Bronx. The guys I saw at the subway were looking scary with big muscles, heavy tattoo and making loud noise.

Lol... if you see my supervisor you'll quit! ... his arms are both covered with tattoo's. Never judge a book by its cover ... if they all were wearing the same colour top or bottom.... I can assure you were looking at undercover Police.
There is too much to see in this City... was just pointing out what was around you. On Times Square.... glad you were impressed. I was there a month ago.... and before then.... before this COVID saga. Times Square is not even 40% as lit as it was then. I was shocked to see the actual buildings in the area..... they were all covered with billboards ... from top to street level. You need to return if and when it is back in its glory

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mummyimbecile:
i stayed in Florida for a year. Vermont is one of the safest state in the US, very cold. Adapting wasn't much of a Herculean task. New York is an overpopulated State just like Lagos state. But Vermont is a cool state just like all states in the New England region.

Those States are too ehmmm ..... sanitized for me! .... and add cold to it?? ..... good for you! NYC to Florida to Vermont ... .. self made climate change!
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Etfash(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good job @Tourist123. Very informative thread.

I'm now going to add Travel section to my list of followed sections.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NiklauseFred(m): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
Richdee1:

Argh!! Hillary Don gbese leave us on a low key
Hope say you no go come back to this shithole. Regularise your stay oo

Congrats geeee, so happy for you
Your thread go make sense Sha

Swears

sainthilary cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Freelane33(m): 7:00am On Aug 09, 2021
GOD WHEN , I wan go morika cry
Mummyimbecile:

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
Appreciation balm: Thanks guys for the birthday wishes and for being members of this travel thread. I promise to bring more exclusive contents your way.
Come August 28th I will be visiting Rhode Island for a friend’s wedding then Boston, MA in October ( still not sure though)
By the special grace of God my next year birthday will be in Las Vegas.

PS: I will also accompany a family member to Canada by road very soon.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Silentgroper(m): 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
Karlovych:
Lol, there are cool things one can do in Vegas plus obese people can be found everywhere in the States as long as black Americans exist there
So na only black american dey obese 4 d kwantry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Karlovych: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Silentgroper:
So na only black american dey obese 4 d kwantry
They are the highest
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by sharpman1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
Originalsly:

At times, I wonder how people live in NYC. I don't like the place at all. reminds me of Lagos and I just feel it is a stressful place to live.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by wealthtrak: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
Tourist123:
Hi guys, for my birthday this year, I will be visiting New York City via Road.
Kindly sit back and relax
Wow! It's popping.grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YelloweWest: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2021
dlordy100:

Lies not true there's appointment date
where you see appointment date on the website?

It's showing 2022!
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Tourist123:
The America you won’t see on TV.
I went to Bronx today meenh it an eyesore. I felt so unsafe and scared. The last time i felt this scared was when I visited a notorious off campus environment in Uniben called Ekosodin.

Epah domo ooo, É gua tuoo

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
On my pathway to the USA on K1 visa insha Allah
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NotaMod: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in a 99% white state and I can categorically tell you how safe my state is. The Bronx is crazily unsafe even during the day. I was praying not to get robbed by the gang groups I was seeing. I was also trying to blend in by not taking many pictures so they dont notice the JJC I was to New York and Bronx.

Vermont isn't 99 percent white, so also is NH.

It's easy to be biased or prejudiced against some certain places occupied predominantly by AA/Blacks
While I'm not dismissing your fear, the question you should ask is why? Why is it like that.
The answers might not satisfy you but it'll somewhat resolve your bias

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Bifwoli: 3:10am On Aug 11, 2021
Originalsly:

When are you coming to visit us down here in Alabama? Many many Igbos and Yorubas live here.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Apexbb: 10:45am On Aug 11, 2021
Enjoying this thread bajeee
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by DrTee1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
Read all 17 pages over a week or so - in between my schedule.

Happy Birthday Tourist123. You took us on a fun ride.

All the best!
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Tourist123:
Appreciation balm: Thanks guys for the birthday wishes and for being members of this travel thread. I promise to bring more exclusive contents your way.
Come August 28th I will be visiting Rhode Island for a friend’s wedding then Boston, MA in October ( still not sure though)
By the special grace of God my next year birthday will be in Las Vegas.

PS: I will also accompany a family member to Canada by road very soon.

Hello Tourist123.
This your thread bam sha.
I go advice make you for continue this thread from your base.. atleast sending in pictures to keep it alive wont be bad, even if it's weekend outing.
Also opening another thread for your next trip no too Gel oo.
You can always use this to keep it going.
Just an opinion.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by dlordy100: 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
YelloweWest:
where you see appointment date on the website?

It's showing 2022!
My guy just got his visa stamped last month
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by planetx: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
Someone7:

No shít Sherlock
Lol that person quoting you is wrong. Most American cities are not named after British cities or colonized by the British. Only the 13 former colonies in present day New England and the North East.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by planetx: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2021
RedEnergy:
Once i step on yankee soil, i'm not coming back to Nigeria ever again sad
Story get there first.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
planetx:
Lol that person quoting you is wrong. Most American cities are not named after British cities or colonized by the British. Only the 13 former colonies in present day New England and the North East.

I didn't engage the over sabi, especially when he went "you don't understand the link between US and England" and "All the names in England are also in America".
I always thought these American cities were named randomly. I've just realized it's in New England and the North East. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YelloweWest: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
dlordy100:

My guy just got his visa stamped last month
When did he apply?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by otokx(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

See clean environment, nice structured and positioned building. All their buildings are aligned and almost the same pattern in a particular street.

Road markings are just adornments to the already beautiful streets..

Even if Nigeria manages to mark roads potopoto in the tyres of vehicles coming from the muddy and eroded streets would erase it completely within one month..

They actually mark those roads regularly so no matter the potopoto which is also swept regularly the road signs remain.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by otokx(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
Great thread, it's good to agree to disagree, kudos to Tourist123.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by RodgersAkpafu: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2021
NotaMod:

Vermont isn't 99 percent white, so also is NH.

It's easy to be biased or prejudiced against some certain places occupied predominantly by AA/Blacks
While I'm not dismissing your fear, the question you should ask is why? Why is it like that.
The answers might bit satisfy you but it'll somewhat resolve your bias
What you said was what I noticed and mentioned to him
Its very easy to think that White is right abs black /brown is crap in this context.
But it's not exactly so
There are trailer parks in the south
And we both know the predominant race there

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by dlordy100: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2021
YelloweWest:

When did he apply?
July 1st week
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NotaMod: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

What you said was what I noticed and mentioned to him
Its very easy to think that White is right abs black /brown is crap in this context.
But it's not exactly so
There are trailer parks in the south
And we both know the predominant race there

True. Some places in the south occupied by whites are are scarier.

I was talking more in terms of Redlining, access to governmental loan to buy houses, segregation, Jim crow etc etc.

Do you know that the US govt through the Federal housing administration made it illegal to approve mortgage to black people?

Do you know that there's a term for when black people move to a white neighborhood? It's called blockbusting and it was used to reduce the value of a property.

So, Redlining can affect the amount of funding available for an area. The wealth of the area, the health standards and also the quality of schools.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / Russian Plane Crash-Landed In Cornfield After Engines Suck In Birds(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.