Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

This Breakfast I Gave My Husband - Food (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This Breakfast I Gave My Husband (97749 Views)

The CHEAP breakfast I prepared this morning / My Husband Loves Heavy Breakfast! / Guys, How Will You React To This Breakfast From Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Lastmankc(m): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
Do Ghana women also cook oily soup like our western women here?

1 Like

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by BlissGod: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Precious girl inasmuch as I laugh at all these crazy funny comments smiley
I have eaten all sorts of Ghanaian and ivorian delicacies and they taste great when cooked right.

Don't mind all this people calling your food sacrifice to the gods.

It doesn't look palatable to the eyes but I believe it taste good. Continue with the cooking for your man. You're doing well . Maybe I get to eat your food someday.

2 Likes

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Pavillon: 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
Dont lie, you picked the plate at T junction

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by ebullient19(f): 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
I can see two big eyeballs and one big mouth
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by marsup: 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
Is your husband a native doctor? Looks like a midnight sacrifice .
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Thazard(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
advanceDNA:
It’s not just the food....that Black plate na confirmed sacrifice plate at Nigerian T-junctions
Funny comments all jthrdojtj
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by millionboi(m): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Karleb:
No offense but I will not eat this.
Same
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Naija guys
Marry a Ghanaian woman o
Or an Ivorian
We are natural cooks

kiss

I am out cheesy

This kind food go dull your husband p.enis
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by micflo28(m): 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
Now I see how Ghanaian women adore and worship their husbands with this sacrifice tongue

1 Like

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Kay25(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=mdntiri post=104572596] How much education do you have? You're judging a food by it's look?, A book by it's cover? Are you serious? If we showed your black amala to a non-Nigerian/whiteman do you know how it'd be rated?
what has issue of education got to do with that?simple fact you are much more attracted to what you than what you taste that is why a book that has a good cover design and colorful have more people checking on it than one that has hidden it's taste in the content..even a good food will be rich to the eye as yorubas would says in proverbial way..
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by blackslayer: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
I need to sue Nairaland. My appetite has been lost permanently!
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by aribisala0(m): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
This is food ebo for mother in law
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by jclassiq(m): 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
So the man go follow chop that raw fish too�?? Waw

1 Like

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Ficeo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
I cover myself with the blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by JVector: 8:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
This one na pure sacrifice
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Octobertwentysix(f): 8:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
descarado:

The poster might be mischievous but yeah, this is a very popular Ghanaian traditional dish.

You guys are quick to accept English or USA food but not traditional African food.

Incredible!

Now this is something I might want to try, but that her concoction is a big NO, and to make matters worse she would always insult Nigerian women saying that they sucks at cooking, presentation matters a lot a food should not only taste good in the mouth but should be pleasant to the eyes, my husband is from Delta State, they use that native plate to serve banga soup and it looks good, now with what she uploaded tell me how somebody visiting Ghana for the first time would want to touch that.

2 Likes

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by esiri4jesu(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Naija guys
Marry a Ghanaian woman o
Or an Ivorian
We are natural cooks

kiss

I am out cheesy

This looks like a face with two eyes and a mouth with the nose missing.

1 Like

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by mdntiri(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
You know what's lacking in those foods? Soup. Watery, drinkable Ghana type soup that soothes the SOUL and makes you look beautiful and sharpens your thinking processes and energizes the body. My Ghanaian uncles always struggled whenever they visited Nigeria as they couldn't get soup to drink. Food was always stew stew stew, even what Nigerians call soup was actually stew. A no-soup life is disorienting to a Ghanaian. Our Nigerian in law couldn't resist our Ghanaian light soup

quote author=showlove911 post=104567714]Naija no be ur mate for food.
We re gud like dat...

Is only bad leadership we hv![/quote]
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by mdntiri(m): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
She lives amongst you. She's experienced things first hand
quote author=CharisEleos post=104567803]Presentation is a No no.

What kind of food is this by the way?
And you have the guts to say Nigerian women suck at cooking?

[/quote]
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by virtue123(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Yeah it's a Cameroon meal.

etrange:

Isn't ndole a Cameroonian meal?
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by dustydee: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Naija guys
Marry a Ghanaian woman o
Or an Ivorian
We are natural cooks

kiss

I am out cheesy
Please be mindful of you and your husband's health. That picture does not look like a healthy meal. Perhaps you could do with less fat/oil.
God bless your home.
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by themanderon: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thou shalt not eat anything offered to idols.
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by mdntiri(m): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Let me help you. Go to YouTube. Type "Mark Wiens in Ghana". Go to his Kumasi videos, and search for where he ate this meal, and come back and give us feedback

Judolisco:
U no even cook d fish... Na werey food dis... If normal person chop am e go cause foodborne disease
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=mdntiri post=104571420]Yes it's cocoyam leaves. Yes I agree it doesn't look appealing. To my/our Ghanaian eye our foods are/look/taste ok, but to a "neutral" they'd look shitty. I'm getting it now, and I see why people are comparing some of the meals to sacrifice etc, especially with the use of these earthenware bowls. To our Ghanaian eyes, the meals/ it's presentation look ok. We grind our peppers tomatoes etc in the earthenware bowls, we also eat in them, every Ghanaian home has them. We're not shy of them.

But the op should tweak her food presentation skills a bit, seeing as she's speaking to an international audience
[/quote

The problem is not that native plate, because it's also used in Delta State, infact every home in Delta State has one, am from Rivers State but married to a Delta guy, it's used to serve banga soup and it adds a distinct flavor to the soup.
the problem I have with the op is the presentation and her penchant for insulting Nigerian foods whenever she uploads those eyesore, presentation matters a lot,. You talk about Amala and akpu, it seems you have only been to West and eastern part of Nigeria, we are diverse people and have lots of food, have you tried foods from the North or Southern part of the country, we are not only limited to the foods you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by Judolisco(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
mdntiri:
Let me help you. Go to YouTube. Type "Mark Wiens in Ghana". Go to his Kumasi videos, and search for where he ate this meal, and come back and give us feedback

thanks but no thanks... D one u posted sef I didn't even look at it twice now imagine me watching someone eat it
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by mdntiri(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
They're happy to be eating indomie and rice every day. Nigerians are incredible.

quote author=descarado post=104568470]
The poster might be mischievous but yeah, this is a very popular Ghanaian traditional dish.

You guys are quick to accept English or USA food but not traditional African food.

Incredible!

[/quote]
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by kechywillz(m): 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
I no sure say that fish don die
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by mdntiri(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
You obviously are not ready to learn. There're Nigerian students here in Ghana who put aside their inhibitions about Ghanaian food, and their taste buds have been rewarded handsomely

Judolisco:
thanks but no thanks... D one u posted sef I didn't even look at it twice now imagine me watching someone eat it
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by descarado: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by torqque7(m): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
Stupid remark
Nigerians are white abi?

Foolish remark,go wash ur brain then ul understand what I mean.
Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by descarado: 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
mdntiri:
How much education do you have? You're judging a food by it's look?, A book by it's cover? Are you serious? If we showed your black amala to a non-Nigerian/whiteman do you know how it'd be rated?
Don'mind them.
What of our ewedu and amala?
How about grated cocoyam with veggies?

1 Like

Re: This Breakfast I Gave My Husband by mdntiri(m): 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
How does it answer the question?

torqque7:
Ghanaians are not dark but black and use to wonder why,but this right here answers the question..damn embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley. / 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.