Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast (37516 Views)

What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / Woman Sues Mcdonald's After Ad ‘forced’ Her To Eat Big Mac After Going Veggie / "This Is Why I Don't Eat In People's House" - Slay Queen Slammed For Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by kingxsamz(m): 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Sounds like the Muslim cleric who said men without beards tempts them and might make them to sin because they look like women. Therefore, men shouldn't be without beards. What kind of mental illness are we going to call this one now? grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by stasius: 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
When she goes to hell I hope she sues the world and devil for making her sin!
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ayo2004: 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

I have a vagina, your mother has a vagina. Your mother can only escape the abuse you and your Ilk dish out daily on women if, and only IF she does not have a vagina. As long as she has one, then each time you address women as 'vagina', you disrespect her. You disrespect all the important females in your life. You disrespect your unborn daughters.

Call your mother 'vagina' to her face and see how she reacts.

May sense fall on you because you have ZERO in your skull.

So when u go about calling men broke,it doesn't affect your own father who is actually broke

Maybe the reason you are triggered is because you are a parasitic vagina because I am sure my mom isnt

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:
Funny..but if you think about it, it does make some sense.

Editorials are being sued for editing photos that fosters body image issues among millions.

Tobacco companies are banned from advertising their products for obvious reasons.

Companies that make artificial milk aren't allowed to advertise so that mothers can make safer choices.

In the face of rising obesity, which is currently among the leading cause of deaths worldwide, isn't it time we stopped these fast food chains and beverage companies from advertising their unsafe products?

It may take time but I don't think the idea is far-fetched at all
Please change 'worldwide' to 'western world'. We have not finished hustling for gari here so where does the obesity want to come from?

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by adexeli(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:
thats your mentality because in Nigeria or Africa we don't have rights

Lol... What has this got to do with right?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by annyz: 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
BarrElChapo:
I'd love to prepare the counterclaim to this suit. That's why lawyers are making a killing in the west grin

That's how US lawyers will make killings in our super cop legal team engaging them.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by AFONJACOW(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Seeking my d1ck on her wall will make her to fuccck me abi
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ayo2004:

So when u go about calling men broke,it doesn't affect your own father who is actually broke

Maybe the reason you are triggered is because you are a parasitic vagina because I am sure my mom isnt
Point out where I have ever called men broke on Nairaland. Oya, do it and if you don't, you are unfortunate.

Do you know me offline? Do you know my father? Do you know my account balance? How do you know I am 'broke and parasitic'? You see that you don't have any single sense in your head?

Keep denying the obvious, you hear? Call your mother vagina to her face na, let her may curses on you for disrespecting her. Abi she no get vagina again? Each time you call women 'vagina', have it at the back of your mind that your mama get vagina too. That's all.

Now run along and pray to God for wisdom because you lack it. These are my last words to you.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by perdollar(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
While Jesus we'll be embarrassed the devil go dey laff for ds woman matter. Just declare bankrupt and ur govt wl bail u out
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by mufadem2012: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
If oyinbo can do this, why not sue for delayed flights in Nigeria.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ayo2004: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Point out where I have ever called men broke on Nairaland. Oya, do it and if you don't, you are unfortunate.

Do you know me offline? Do you know my father? Do you know my account balance? How do you know I am 'broke and parasitic'? You see that you don't have any single sense in your head?

Keep denying the obvious, you hear? Call your mother vagina to her face na, let her may curses on you for disrespecting her. Abi she no get vagina again? Each time you call women 'vagina', have it at the back of your mind that your mama get vagina too. That's all.

Now run along and pray to God for wisdom because you lack it. These are my last words to you.

I have no need to keep evidence.Many Nairalanders can testify that u go about ranting about broke men.You slander men calling them broke so that means your father is also broke and he should lay curses on you for disrespecting him since you want to be a werey

U are seriously deluded.This woman is not my mother and she is clearly acting like a parasitic vagina but as usual,trust foolish women to forget the stupidity of one of their species and shift the focus to another thing entirely
I am sure u will start ranting about how I should call my mother a foolish woman because I insinuated you are one of them.

Why not pray for wisdom first?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ayo2004:

I have no need to keep evidence.Many Nairalanders can testify that u go about ranting about broke men.You slander men calling them broke so that means your father is also broke and he should lay curses on you for disrespecting him since you want to be a werey

U are seriously deluded.This woman is not my mother and she is clearly acting like a parasitic vagina but as usual,trust foolish women to forget the stupidity of one of their species and shift the focus to another thing entirely
I am sure u will start ranting about how I should call my mother a foolish woman because I insinuated you are one of them.

Why not pray for wisdom first?

Ayo2004:
I am 17years old and would be turning 18 next year February....I have always wanted to play football but my typical Nigerian parents have always wanted me to go to school and be a lawyer and I am financially dependent on them so I had no choice than to comply
This is so embarrassing. I've been exchanging words with someone young enough to be my son. No wonder he doesn't have sense. He is even still being fed, housed and clothed, that's why he doesn't have any single sense in his empty head.

Smh. So many children running around on Nairaland like giant rats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Femeto: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
hitng:

A Russian woman is suing fast-food giant McDonald’s after an advert showing their cheeseburgers allegedly made her break her fast during Lent.

Ksenia Ovchinnikova, from Omsk, Russia, said she was attempting to stay away from meat and other animal products during Lent in 2019 but seeing McDonald’s adverts made her break her fast.

Ovchinnikova claims that she hadn’t eaten meat in a month when McDonald’s adverts for burgers and nuggets made her break her fast in April 2019.

Ovchinnikova is now accusing the fast-food giant of breaking the consumer protection law and insulting her religious feelings. She blames the company for advertising meat and animal products at a time when Christians are refraining from them, and is requesting 1,000 rubles ($14) as compensation for sustained moral damage.

Despite successfully fasting for the past 16 years, Ovchinnikova was not able to resist the adverts and ended up ordering a burger from the nearest McDonald’s restaurant.

“By this point, I had already been fasting for a month, but when I saw an advertising banner, I could not help myself, I visited McDonald’s and bought a cheeseburger,” Ksenia Ovchinnikova wrote in her statement.

“In the actions of McDonald’s, I see a violation of the consumer protection law. I ask the court to investigate and, if a violation has taken place, to oblige McDonald’s LLC to compensate me for moral damage in the amount of one thousand rubles.”

The date of the preliminary hearing on Ovchinnikova’s claim has not yet been set, court sources told Zamoskvoretsky press service, Oddity Central reported.

https://www.hitng.info/woman-sues-mcdonalds-for-putting-up-an-advert-that-tempted-her-to-break-her-fast-during-lent/
That is the essence of fasting to be tempted and resist.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ikwerelastborn: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

I have a vagina, your mother has a vagina. Your mother can only escape the abuse you and your Ilk dish out daily on women if, and only IF she does not have a vagina. As long as she has one, then each time you address women as 'vagina', you disrespect her. You disrespect all the important females in your life. You disrespect your unborn daughters.

Call your mother 'vagina' to her face and see how she reacts.

May sense fall on you because you have ZERO in your skull.

B!tch ,yours is even worst bc they're two vag!nas here,yours and your mom to battle but he only has that of his mom grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by ThatFairGuy1: 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
No one talk ill of her religion.

Wondering if she were to be a Muslim angry
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ikwerelastborn: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ayo2004:

Are you minding the b!tch,when they insult men they dont think of their fathers, but when we insukt them leeches they want to blackmail u with your mom.she should know redpillers don't get emotionally blackmailed cool
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
alizma:
This gender is something else
It's not a gender thing. People sue for ridiculous reasons abroad. No law apathy there. That's why their lawyers are making it. Unlike Nigeria where we just leave everything for God
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Missionaire: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
She blames the company for advertising meat and animal products at a time when Christians are refraining from them,
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ikwerelastborn: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
No one talk ill of her religion.

Wondering if she were to be a Muslim angry
Seriously let me say the truth.before I opened the thread I thought it was a Muslim person and I was preparing to insult but when I saw her religion I calmed down.Reason is not far fetched because Islam promotes this kind nonsense than Christians. Just like you first accusing your most stubborn child in the house for doing something wrong even when it was done by another quite child.the moral of this story is that Islam should tone down in some of the weird things they do,like ruling on this and that. I just hope you don't find my write up offensive
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Please change 'worldwide' to 'western world'. We have not finished hustling for gari here so where does the obesity want to come from?

Nope, developing countries inclusive. When it comes to non-communicable diseases, adults from developing countries are the worst hit
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by ThatFairGuy1: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
How can you feel concern about someone's way of life(Islamic rules/guidance on certain things) when it was never forced on you angry

That's poke nosing, transgression.
This, you'll never see any Muslim castigate yours
Ikwerelastborn:

Seriously let me say the truth.before I opened the thread I thought it was a Muslim person and I was preparing to insult but when I saw her religion I calmed down.Reason is not far fetched because Islam promotes this kind nonsense than Christians. Just like you first accusing your most stubborn child in the house for doing something wrong even when it was done by another quite child.the moral of this story is that Islam should tone down in some of the weird things they do,like ruling on this and that. I just hope you don't find my write up offensive
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

Nope, developing countries inclusive.
Does that include Nigeria?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Does that include Nigeria?

Yes
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

Yes
That's interesting. Where are these obese people?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Glink2018(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
shebi you get money to buy the snacks that is why you can break your fast...nigeria people no get money...from the beginning of this Fulani Jihadist administration.in 2015..we have been on continuous and compulsory fasting till date...if you can still afford one meal a day, just keep thanking your God because some of us are on continuous and poverty-imposed fasting..

but we thank god we are alive, since there is live, there's hope
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2021
abbey621:

You're comparing apples with oranges and in legal term you're reaching. When it comes to obesity, unless you can prove that the lady only ate McDonalds all her life, the lawsuit will be dismissed. Same goes for your argument against fast food adverts, unless you can prove that these fast foods are solely responsible, no legal system will take you seriously. In fact, I can name three other things that causes obesity like some prescribed drugs, lack of exercise and genetic conditions.

Like I said earlier, it will take time and by then, all the legality, as you have put it, will be ironed out quite smoothly.

Before cigarette adverts were banned outrightly and made unpopular, it went through this phase. The research community argued at the time that lung cancers could be secondary to a number of factors including those you had just listed for obesity. You know how that turned out.

Read up any serious journal on obesity and tell me which one has left out fast foods and beverages as a factor. None. We can't force people to exercise neither can we tweak our genetic makeup (although the jury is still out on that), but we sure as hell can force these large food and beverage chains to take responsibility for the rising prevalence of obesity and make adequate changes to curb this trend
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

That's interesting. Where are these obese people?

grin Good one. I ask myself this too.. But you are looking at this differently.

To put it in a better perspective, imagine there are 1000 adults in Nigeria, and 200 of them are obese. If 50% of the total population dies (500) from hundreds of causes and the leading cause of death is found to be obesity related, then, you might want to address that first.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Skillsnigeria: 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

grin Good one. I ask myself this too.. But you are looking at this differently.

To put it in a better perspective, imagine there are 1000 adults in Nigeria, and 200 of them are obese. If 50% of the total population dies (500) from hundreds of causes and the leading cause of death is found to be obesity related, then, you might want to address that first.
Where are you getting your stats? cheesy
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Fantazy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
Instead of her call it long throat, she's here lying against innocent advert
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ikwerelastborn: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
How can you feel concern about someone's way of life(Islamic rules/guidance on certain things) when it was never forced on you angry

That's poke nosing, transgression.
This, you'll never see any Muslim castigate yours
Well we don't leave in an isolated world so you know,if we did we won't know about Islam. Some of the things islam promote like terrorism affects everyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As Usual. White Rice With Vegetable Stew. No Time! / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / Big Python Killed In My Neighborhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.