Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast (37786 Views)

What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / Woman Sues Mcdonald's After Ad ‘forced’ Her To Eat Big Mac After Going Veggie / "This Is Why I Don't Eat In People's House" - Slay Queen Slammed For Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Where are you getting your stats? cheesy

Took me a while to get a good source but then figured it will be best to send a systematic review. Enjoy

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07853890.2021.1897665
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by folake4u(f): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
LordIsaac:
A clime where an average lawyer can eat. grin

Gospel truthgrin.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

Took me a while to get a good source but then figured it will be best to send a systematic review. Enjoy

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07853890.2021.1897665
Thanks
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Thanks

Uwc
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by abbey621(m): 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

Like I said earlier, it will take time and by then, all the legality, as you have put it, will be ironed out quite smoothly.

Before cigarette adverts were banned outrightly and made unpopular, it went through this phase. The research community argued at the time that lung cancers could be secondary to a number of factors including those you had just listed for obesity. You know how that turned out.

Read up any serious journal on obesity and tell me which one has left out fast foods and beverages as a factor. None. We can't force people to exercise neither can we tweak our genetic makeup (although the jury is still out on that), but we sure as hell can force these large food and beverage chains to take responsibility for the rising prevalence of obesity and make adequate changes to curb this trend

Sorry but that's illogical. You want to know the reason cigarrettes/tobacco products were banned or limited? It's simple, they found one of its ingredients directly related to damaging the lungs but with fast food you simply cannot do this, yes it's contributory but it is not the only cause. Same researchers will admit that beef, bread and veggies are part of a balanced diet, same researchers will admit that with the right portion control you can be healthy without sacrificing what you love to eat. You make excuses for people not dieting and yet won't give them the benefit of doubt for not choosing the right meal for their health?

Okay let me also burst your brain with this, you banned allthe fast food but I can still walk in the store grab a red bull, grab oreos or I can sit at home make stew with plenty of palm oil and assorted meats? Are you going to ban those too? 80% of our local African food contains high amounts of fat and I never see the maga wey go stop me from eating fresh agege bread with ewa agoyin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by pacespot(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
She has a point in this her suit. I remember those days that I used to fast as a Muslim, you don't see any food sellers going near the mosque or where Muslims are during the day.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Fortez: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
Really
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
abbey621:

Sorry but that's illogical. You want to know the reason cigarrettes/tobacco products were banned or limited? It's simple, they found one of its ingredients directly related to damaging the lungs but with fast food you simply cannot do this, yes it's contributory but it is not the only cause. Same researchers will admit that beef, bread and veggies are part of a balanced diet, same researchers will admit that with the right portion control you can be healthy without sacrificing what you love to eat. You make excuses for people not dieting and yet won't give them the benefit of doubt for not choosing the right meal for their health?

Okay let me also burst your brain with this, you banned allthe fast food but I can still walk in the store grab a red bull, grab oreos or I can sit at home make stew with plenty of palm oil and assorted meats? Are you going to ban those too? 80% of our local African food contains high amounts of fat and I never see the maga wey go stop me from eating fresh agege bread with ewa agoyin grin grin grin

The beautiful thing about our discuss and exchange of ideas is that there are others out there who may think just like we do.

I am not in the fast food industry but I know for a fact that there are unnatural ingredients that are deliberately added to facilitate addiction to their products. (almost cited this only to remember that this is social media grin)

I also took the liberty of combing the internet, and it turns out that in Russia (which is the country in question), a law already exist that restricts the advertisment of Junk food to children. We can understand now why the woman felt confident enough to sue.

Further search revealed that several countries have implemented the ban of junk food adverts to their populace. What's more, World Health Organisation (before the coming of Trump) recommended this as well in one of their reports.

The only constant thing is change and change we must if this world is to be a better place for us all

References cheesy
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/07/07/russia-south-korea-restrictions-junk-food-ads
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by bizzibodi(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oyinbo people & insanity one day one of them will wake up & sue baba God to court. grin grin grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by kunleiky(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
Gargantuan gaga... Wetin we no go hear from obodo oyibo?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by caandi: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
This is so funny �
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by abbey621(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

The beautiful thing about our discuss and exchange of ideas is that there are others out there who may think like us.

I am not in the fast food industry but I know for a fact that there are unnatural ingredients that are deliberately added to facilitate addiction to their products. (almost cited this only to remember that this is social media grin)

I also took the liberty of combing the internet, and it turns out that in Russia (which is the country in question), a law already exist that restricts the advertisment of Junk food to children. We can understand now why the woman felt confident enough to sue.

Further search revealed that several countries have implemented the ban of junk food adverts to their populace. What's more, World Health Organisation (before the coming of Trump) recommended this as well in one of their reports.

The only constant thing is change and change we must if this world is to be a better place for us all

References cheesy
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/07/07/russia-south-korea-restrictions-junk-food-ads

Yes each country is free to enact laws which suits their populace but the woman in question is an adult and in places like the USA or UK, banning such adverts is considered an infringement on the rights of businesses, on the rights of every citizens to liberty. In the USA, the freedom to pursue happiness is one that is used many times to throw out cases like this one, you're right tho, in Russia perhaps the judiciary is a little more sympathetic to cases like this.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
abbey621:

Yes each country is free to enact laws which suits their populace but the woman in question is an adult and in places like the USA or UK, banning such adverts is considered an infringement on the rights of businesses, on the rights of every citizens to liberty. In the USA, the freedom to pursue happiness is one that is used many times to throw out cases like this one, you're right tho, in Russia perhaps the judiciary is a little more sympathetic to cases like this.

I was hoping that you will get to this point. So, what are your thoughts on the aforementioned countries forcing their citizens to take the COVID-19 vaccine? To think that this is happening in this day and time is shocking..

That goes to show that laws can be bent to suit our needs when it comes to it. I suspect you won't let this discussion end naturally cheesy. So allow me to bow out gracefully.

It was nice chatting with you.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Mr5050(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
This oyibo people no get problem to solve again, just imagine this woman. Here for nija Boko Haram, kidnappers, herdsmen etc dey ravage the whole country nobody don sue anyone na for God hand we dey sue our own .
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by purplekayc(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
She can't win grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Thazard(m): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
RedEnergy:
grin That's like a thief saying he went into a bank and saw them counting money, so he was tempted to rob and then robbed them. Later he now wants to sue the bank for counting money grin
grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by IgboWarlord(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Mad caucasians everywhere.. grin grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Newdawn123: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
This is just an abuse of legal system and more like a case of a jobless fellow craving attention for being stupid and dumb.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by BarrElChapo(m): 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
annyz:

That's how US lawyers will make killings in our super cop legal team engaging them.

True that cheesy
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by abbey621(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
peacettw:

I was hoping that you will get to this point. So, what are your thoughts on the aforementioned countries forcing their citizens to take the COVID-19 vaccine? To think that this is happening in this day and time is shocking..

That goes to show that laws can be bent to suit our needs when it comes to it. I suspect you won't let this discussion end naturally cheesy. So allow me to bow out gracefully.

It was nice chatting with you.

Yea you don't go there buddy, my uncle recently died from Covid 19 and if there was some kind of vaccine, medication or herbs that could have prevented him dying you better be sure his family would have preferred it over losing him. Yea you're right no point in arguing we won't ever stop grin, enjoy your weekend!
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by ThatFairGuy1: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Well if you truly knew Islam as claimed, you wouldn't have said Islam promote Terrorism.
Ikwerelastborn:

Well we don't leave in an isolated world so you know,if we did we won't know about Islam. Some of the things islam promote like terrorism affects everyone
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by BigMoneyeye: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hahahahha
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by BigMoneyeye: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Newdawn123:
This is just an abuse of legal system and more like a case of a jobless fellow craving attention for being stupid and dumb.
The case will be struck out
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ikwerelastborn: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Well if you truly knew Islam as claimed, you wouldn't have said Islam promote Terrorism.
Boko haram to isiss to hezbolla etc are all Islamic groups so my friend everything is open for everyone to see
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by tenpipsperday: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
They should take her to Yaba left one time.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by peacettw: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
abbey621:

Yea you don't go there buddy, my uncle recently died from Covid 19 and if there was some kind of vaccine, medication or herbs that could have prevented him dying you better be sure his family would have preferred it over losing him. Yea you're right no point in arguing we won't ever stop grin, enjoy your weekend!

You too. cheesy
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by ussv: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Habib101: 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
Person say u should stay when dem dey advertise grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Kayyus09(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Eemo ree o
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by charlsecy(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
CharisEleos:
How on Earth was the company suppose to know someone was fasting somewhere?
Lent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by DAVE5(m): 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
einsteine:

14 USD doesn't seem like leeching. The cost of the suit is higher than the compensation sought. It is more like attention seeking.

And if she’s taken lightly and allowed to win cos it’s a small amount, there’s be more greedy people who would sue big firms for stupid things as well hoping to make huge profit

It’s like me trying to sue a girl for my own sin of lust because she’s dressed provocatively, what would you have said if you saw such?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by einsteine(m): 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
DAVE5:

And if she’s taken lightly and allowed to win cos it’s a small amount, there’s be more greedy people who would sue big firms for stupid things as well hoping to make huge profit

It’s like me trying to sue a girl for my own sin of lust because she’s dressed provocatively, what would you have said if you saw such?

Where did you see me say they should take it lightly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caterer Caught Stealing Baskets Of Meat & Fish Meant For Party Guests / Cowbell Or Peak Milk? / How To Make Seafood Okra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.