Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast (37508 Views)

What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / Woman Sues Mcdonald's After Ad ‘forced’ Her To Eat Big Mac After Going Veggie / "This Is Why I Don't Eat In People's House" - Slay Queen Slammed For Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by DAVE5(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
einsteine:

Where did you see me say they should take it lightly?

Haba, wia I talk this one nah, no be forum we dey wia all man dey drop wetin them get to contribute?
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by rachytenny2(f): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2021
It's not an offer but merely an invitation to treat. She has the right to accept or reject to bring an offer into existence.
I really don't think its valid...
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:18am On Aug 08, 2021
Nonsense full this ilu oyinbo...why was she looking at the advert when she knows she might be tempted....many are roaming few are normal
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by ThuGGeR147: 2:42am On Aug 08, 2021
Who say wahala dey finish grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Wordoftruth: 5:59am On Aug 08, 2021
Sick ppl everywhere
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by olmoRoc: 6:05am On Aug 08, 2021
hitng:

A Russian woman is suing fast-food giant McDonald’s after an advert showing their cheeseburgers allegedly made her break her fast during Lent.

Ksenia Ovchinnikova, from Omsk, Russia, said she was attempting to stay away from meat and other animal products during Lent in 2019 but seeing McDonald’s adverts made her break her fast.

Ovchinnikova claims that she hadn’t eaten meat in a month when McDonald’s adverts for burgers and nuggets made her break her fast in April 2019.

Ovchinnikova is now accusing the fast-food giant of breaking the consumer protection law and insulting her religious feelings. She blames the company for advertising meat and animal products at a time when Christians are refraining from them, and is requesting 1,000 rubles ($14) as compensation for sustained moral damage.

Despite successfully fasting for the past 16 years, Ovchinnikova was not able to resist the adverts and ended up ordering a burger from the nearest McDonald’s restaurant.

“By this point, I had already been fasting for a month, but when I saw an advertising banner, I could not help myself, I visited McDonald’s and bought a cheeseburger,” Ksenia Ovchinnikova wrote in her statement.

“In the actions of McDonald’s, I see a violation of the consumer protection law. I ask the court to investigate and, if a violation has taken place, to oblige McDonald’s LLC to compensate me for moral damage in the amount of one thousand rubles.”

The date of the preliminary hearing on Ovchinnikova’s claim has not yet been set, court sources told Zamoskvoretsky press service, Oddity Central reported.

https://www.hitng.info/woman-sues-mcdonalds-for-putting-up-an-advert-that-tempted-her-to-break-her-fast-during-lent/

They should just give her free burgers weekly for a year to calm her down.

So I should sue my former landlady who tempted me on numerous occasions to break my fast or my ex who always walked around in her undies whenever she knew I was fasting to temp me into fornicating.

Madam, we weren't strong enought to resist the urge and I actually didn't have any business fasting in the first place. I was very young and naive.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Perfectbeing(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:
she nor go win

grin

A woman won a case that a man raped her in a dream in the US. The man was sentenced for 48 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3363227/New-trial-ordered-Denver-man-imprisoned-28-years.html
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by escapadechuks: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2021
She's very mad. So her faith didn't teach her self control?

Like Mcdonalds should close shop because you're fasting? Yeye de smell.

Take responsibility for your actions!

A great lawyer will tear this case to shreds
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by INCREDIBLE007(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Perfectbeing:
A woman won a case that a man raped her in a dream in the US. The man was sentenced for 48 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3363227/New-trial-ordered-Denver-man-imprisoned-28-years.html

lols

in real life

are yiu serious
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by MardiGrasii(f): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Abuse of justice system
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Perfectbeing(m): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

lols

in real life

are yiu serious
Yup. You can read the story.. Even when there was no physical evidence (in fact the evidence was deliberately destroyed by the police) yet the judge still convicted the man. He had spent 27 years out of his 48 years in Jail already before the original culprit confessed to the crime.
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by mordred44: 12:15am On May 14, 2023
Oponu woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / Big Python Killed In My Neighborhood / Milky Garri Doughnuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.