Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? (16724 Views)

Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell / Is N65k Salary Job Good Enough In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by tony5(m): 10:16am On Aug 07, 2021
Misturaomolayo:
Dear Nairaland, Kindly push this to the front page for clarification.

Pls kindly advise appropriately if you are in my shoes , which will you opt for.

I currently work with a manufacturing company which are into production of distilleries product as an Account Officer 60,000(Entry level) with no benefits attached but job security and yearly salary review is guaranteed and now Stanbic Ibtc Bank has offered me a contract job as a Bank Teller at their V.I office at Idejo and is a 2 years contract, subject to renewal base on performance and need for service.

Pls kindly lend you voice with respect to what i should do.

Should i continue the formal or opt for the later?

Best regards.
stay where you are, youre better off there than the stanbic bank job, bank job no be job ooo, they can decide not to extend your contract performance base or not. Wise up

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Buhdeuce: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2021
Misturaomolayo:

Pls kindly advise appropriately if you are in my shoes , which will you opt for.

I currently work with a manufacturing company which are into production of distilleries product as an Account Officer 60,000(Entry level) with no benefits attached but job security and yearly salary review is guaranteed and now Stanbic Ibtc Bank has offered me a contract job as a Bank Teller at their V.I office at Idejo and is a 2 years contract, subject to renewal base on performance and need for service.

Best regards.

Brother please leave contract work alone o. The volatility of the economy can make them sack you anyyime without benefits as well. Stick to what you know. With time, you will grow in the ranks.

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by JaYbeS(m): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2021
[i][/i]a 2 years contract, subject to renewal base on performance and need for service.

Without being told u this contract job isn't worth leaving the manufacturing company job for.

Any job accompanied with this condition (need for service a job whose termination can be in 3 months from inception or any tym. (We dont bed your service any more)

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Peteromi(m): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2021
Look at your career path
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by AbdulHakeem44(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2021
Take one and refer the other one to me pls

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Moredanaconquer: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2021
Pls stay wia u are o. Tellering is not a secured job.

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2021
Look at the value of knowledge you will get in the manufacturing company, it may become a source of millions for you in the future

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Itisallright: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2021
My brother/sister forget about the two, learn handy work, sacrifice that one or two years for your life e get reason....

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by ignis: 10:26am On Aug 07, 2021
Please stay off any bank contract job especially teller.... Shortage is a constant phenomenon as a teller, and you must pay.

3 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Yansham: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2021
Your job as an account officer in a Manufacturing Firm has a clear career path.

If you don't have the necessary certifications, start working on getting them. Use your present job as a foundation for your career and you will keep moving up the ladder.

No let them deceive you with a teller job or the prospect of conversion of contract staff to permanent staff. That conversion hard pass stone. Na for your presence the company go dey employ fresh graduate as permanent staff.

Stay where you are, build yourself and better opportunities will show up.

4 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by biggy00000(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2021
-1) are you less than 28?
This is important cus you can qualify to write the test n become a full staff.

2) are you a career driven fellow who would want to build a career in banking

If no;

1) what is your proximity to either place of work

2) what is the bills looking like

Nb- no body wld sack you after 2 years but dnt sleep on it.

Irrespective of your decision, you have my best wishes.

3 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Avast(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2021
Misturaomolayo:

Best regards.

Lol
Because of 10k you want to do contract job.

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Jonah507(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2021
First,I like your honesty. Not the "I'm asking for a friend" kind of question.

You know your, if you dream of a career in the banking industry,then go for the bank.

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by dingbang(m): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2021
Pls continue with your manufacturing job.. Wisdom is profitable

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by evioke(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2021
A bird at hand is better than ten birds in the bush, as it says, "contract" it's for a stipulated period of time which can be terminated at any given time. I will advice keep your manufacturing job as an accountant, as you grow more opportunities will be knocking at your door step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by uxomykaz: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2021
Misturaomolayo:

Best regards.

Hello Ma'am

As an Account officer, there is room for career growth in your current organisation. If you equip yourself with the necessary skills, within a year or two, you can apply to other FMCG companies (including multinationals like Nestle and the likes) or even organisations in different sectors.

With the bank job as a teller and a contract staff, room for career growth would only happen if you were probably converted to a full staff and given a role other than teller (say relationship manager). With this career path , you would probably be limited to working in financial institutions.
The bank you mentioned, also try to convert contract staff to full time staff depending if you are still within the age to take their aptitude test.

You divulged too much details about the bank. You might want to remove the branch details, incase you decide to choose the bank job.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by RZArecta(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2021
Misturaomolayo:

Best regards.
Stanbic will help you grow in the corporate world, before your contract is up you would have seen a better offer and or definitely made better contacts. Expand your horizons, work hard, save and in a few years you can break out on your own and venture into financial services consultancy or combine your knowledge from both industries to start your own manufacturing gig

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by prophetfire: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:
I'll take the Stanbic bank as
It's more secure.
It's better on your CV too.
It exposes you to your future customers
You know what you are saying at all? Or are you in Dreamland? Contract job in bank more secure? What makes it secure? It's not even an employment. It's a casual work. It can only boost his CV when he's told over the phone to stop coming to work.

3 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2021
Na wa! See yeye question
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by newoffer: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2021
Slave master. U think the employer care. Go and ask customer care workers. Once u are fading they will replace you. Never advice anyone to do that shit.convert ko conversion ni. U know nothing.
badooo:
If you are Less than 30 years and you have a bsc certificate, take the Stanbic job, there is a high chance that you will be converted to a full staff, if not take d account officer job
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by prophetfire: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2021
nuel000:
I wouldn't advise anyone to go for contract job, as an account in a manufacturing firm you'll gain enough experience that can probably prepare you for same position in an O&G firm
You are right on this.
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Trustedpronet: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2021
Ask yourself this... Which experience do i need from both organizations. The money no be anything sha.
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by TouchOfSpice(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2021
Hello sir.

Your present Job makes more sense than the Bank Teller Job.

With your present job role, you can quickly gain quality experience and switch to other FMCG or manufacturing industry easily.

Bank teller job will take all your time away, you will be glued to computer from 7:30am to 5pm doing same thing over and over again.

It's kinda difficult to use your bank teller job experience in any other industry. It's kinda useless .

PS. This is just my personal opinion , and I could be wrong. wink

4 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Ishilove: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2021
Rgade:
Take the bank job.
Infrastructural and credit challenges are causing manufacturing companies to close down at the speed of light. Remuneration might also be erratic at the company.
It’s a gamble sha, I don’t know. Never had a job.
Hian. Doh, Adviser Nowamagbe. You try

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by do4luv14(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2021
Simple, stay in your current job, make use of your spare time to improve on other aspect of accounting, go for management training probably online while still working,

Finally learn a side hustle thanks to social media you can learn it online,

If you love your self carry Usain Bolt leg, run limit for that bank teller job

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Zivaharry(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2021
Take the contract job....side hustle go de there.

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Captaincool1(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2021
Don't go for the bank job man. In the manufacturing area you are try to learn some skills don't focus on the account alone cos to be a professional accountant you go need enough certifications apart from ICAN ABI na ICANT. Try to learn technical skills. Bank na die

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Icon2007: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2021
just like some people have said , if you will be like 30 after your two years contract term and you have Bsc minimm of second class lower you have high chances of migrating to full staff cadre in Stanbic otherwise stick with your manufacturing job. ire ooooo

4 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by ransomed: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2021
I will foolishly stay with my company because the permanent Job has a prospect while a contract job is a contract that be terminated at anytime .
If you foolishly want people to address you as a banker, you can join the bank but, never come here to narrate your tales of woe. I stupidly submit.

2 Likes

Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by seunny4lif(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2021
Pro Nigerians are coming for you cheesy
EXLOVER:
I will advice you to continue with your $120 job, something can just hit that bank, they will start dropping staffs and if your village people are not holiday that day, they will just submit your CV in their calabash. But we are really suffering in this country, $120 in a month? I will pay electricity, data, food, transportation, if you're a church boy you will pay tithe. How much is a pair of jean? God help your children, just save and japa
Re: 60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? by Originalsly: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2021
Let's chew on this bone. Accounts officer in a distillery manufacturing company. Job security and you have the opportunity to move up the ladder ... and to gain experience in the field. Contract staff. Dead end. Two years contract ... and they gave you conditions before you even start the job. When you get on board is when they will roll out other conditions such as salary is based on performance and meeting deadlines. Did they tell you how many days a week?... and how many hours per day? The need for service.... what does that mean? Pay attention to warning signs before you take the journey and not just focus on the N70K destination. Don't let prestige be a deciding factor.... as in What do you do? ...... Oh... I'm into accounting at Stanbic Bank........ the one on VI. where would that get you? On CV... I'm hiring ... I'm looking at your CV .... worked as Accounts Officer at X Distillery Company for 10 months .... jumped to Stanbic Bank for 3 months ... presently jobless. Why should I employ you when your record shows you are a job jumper?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Invite From Outcess-formerly CCSL / Ren Money Microfinance Bank Nigeria / Who Else Got This Invitation -ruff And Tumble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.