Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. (2472 Views)

Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals / Zimbabwean Woman Steals Husband's Money, Caught In Guest House With Boyfriend / My Wife Steals From Me Always. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by MufasaLion: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
ststyreal:

They both own the money. What belongs to the husband belongs to the wife as well. They are now one and not two. Calling the wife a thief makes him the husband of a thief as well, you see, does that sound good to the ear? He should rather talk to the wife in the language she would understand rather than painting her a thief.

Being husband and wife still doesn't justify her actions!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by Uyi168: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
ATMC:

Exactly.
He insinuated he gives her money for upkeep of the home but that is like giving her money to keep their home...what about money to keep herself, madam has got personal needs to meet, let's say she's jobless.

I feel stealing is an option for especially one who has no source of income.

If op claims she steals from him, one can assume he doesn't give her money, else it would have been stated.
You assume a lot.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by Slizzords: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Uyi168:

Which kain yeye advice be this??
Lots of crazy fellows here grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by Newboss(m): 12:40am On Aug 08, 2021
ATMC:

There was something you did not state which is very obvious in this post, op.
You don't give her money.
You tested her by hiding money somewhere and she located it and stole it, test her again but this time, hide the money in plain sight, but give her money before you do it, at least twice...then watch your money in plain sight remain there for a long while.

It's very important to give your wife money, don't provide the basic need in the house and neglect her. Money is a lubricant, at least now that you have the money, give her as much as you can, you won't lack.

But if you do all that's required and she still steals, then it's a quirk.
We all have weird quirks.
You have to accept hers.

You've spoken like the typical Nigerian woman who thinks the world revolves around her. You won't condemn nonsense so long as it's the woman that did the nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by Oracleforce: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2021
ststyreal:
I understand how you feel, especially when you aren't that buoyant but referring to her as a thief just because she took your money, isn't too cool. What happened to the phrase in a marriage that says " the two shall become one". At this juncture, may I ask, if she is working or a stay-at-home mom at the moment? Men, with understanding, know that if you take care of your wife financially and otherwise, there is a blessing attached to it but for her to go about taking your money, means she needs the money. Things are expensive this day, call her and ask what and what she needs as a wife. Don't go about tagging your wife, the mother of your children a thief. Talk to her and let her know why she should meet you whenever she needs urgent money and you as well, don't wait for her to ask before extending a hand to her, no matter how small it is.

See as you are romancing the facts because you want to defend the wife you haven't met in your life...
Some social media fake counselors like you are the reasons for divorce, separation, and even broken home...
The. Lady has a stealing tendency from her childhood which is why she kept on stealing her husband's money...and I must say it. will.be hard for such a lady to stop the act of stealing because it has been inherently laden.
Whoever steals is a thief...incidentally, the guy has erroneously married a thief, so, let him carry his cross, he should keep carrying it so no need for discussion,
But then he just needs to be careful about keeping money....probably, he buys a bullet-proof safe to keep his valuable things...while they keep on living happy family life...
Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by ATMC(f): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2021
Uyi168:
You assume a lot.
You are judgemental.
Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by Polynek(m): 10:30am On Aug 08, 2021
Dix 1 no b issue nal, discuss with her properly and know her main reason 4 doing such, and listen to her reason, my uncle is facing dsame but I think His wife does it out of fun grin so ur own wife might be doing it and b thinking dat is not a big deal by way You are Her husband but u are taking it serious,
Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by frozen70(f): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
4tomandchi:
I and my wife have been married for 9 years now, we have 3 children Peace (7) Mark (5) and Zion (3). Our marriage has been relatively peaceful like most marriages but not devoid of little differences couples face once in a while. We live modestly and by the grace of God I provide for my family at least their basic needs.

But one thing that is becoming a real issue for me is my wife's habit of stealing money from my pocket, initially when I noticed my money was missing and confronted her she blantantlly denied it and claimed maybe I lost it outside.

Know fully well that that is not the case I decided to test I heed money under my box and she still located it when I noticed that my money was missing and confronted her with fact she denied at first but later admitted to taking it.

When I asked yesterday that what are the 3 things in life she will never? The first on her list was "I will never steal, excluding from my husband".

Her reply has kept me wondering if she will ever stop stealing, I can't leave any money in my pocket peacefully again she doesn't care whether the money is mine or not.

Please what can I do to help my wife I need your suggestions?

Stealing is stealing, the issue now is if it runs in her blood or not
Report her to her parents right away and tell them that the very day you will be fed up with such attitude, you will take a decision that you will not be able to revert because you can't leave with a thief

Make that report in her presence or if on phone, put it in speaker so that she will be hearing you

There are some certain rubbish you shouldn't accept from your partner else you kids will pick it up and that alone can frustrate you yet they won't feel it
Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by SonofGod231: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Padi,This is really not cool.Maybe she needs spare money for one or two things at home.
To know what she really uses the money for..Start giving her the money you come back with to help you Hold/Keep,let her have it in her possession then ask for it the next day or three.She will definitely have no choice but to keep it well or give a reasonable account of how she spent it.
I use to have a cousin sister that lived with me.She can smell any where I keep money and take some and she can deny for Africa.Na so she dey thief my money small small until She stole 45k from 60K I kept in my room probably while I was bathing.I threatened her tire but she no ever release the money.Her mum said it was because I don't use to beat her but from that day, I started giving her every dime I had at home to keep for me.Because she does all the cooking,na from there we go dey deduct things for house and cooking.Dey do plus or minus every day.And if she ever needed money or spare she will ask me first if she can take or not and that was how I solved the whole issue of my money always missing.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
SonofGod231:
Padi,This is really not cool.Maybe she needs spare money for one or two things at home.
To know what she really uses the money for..Start giving her the money you come back with to help you Hold/Keep,let her have it in her possession then ask for it the next day or three.She will definitely have no choice but to keep it well or give a reasonable account of how she spent it.
I use to have a cousin sister that lived with me.She can smell any where I keep money and take some and she can deny for Africa.Na so she dey thief my money small small until She stole 45k from 60K I kept in my room probably while I was bathing.I threatened her tire but she no ever release the money.Her mum said it was because I don't use to beat her but from that day, I started giving her every dime I had at home to keep for me.Because she does all the cooking,na from there we go dey deduct things for house and cooking.Dey do plus or minus every day.And if she ever needed money or spare she will ask me first if she can take or not and that was how I solved the whole issue of my money always missing.

But why are women like this?

It's saddening really!!
Re: My Wife Steals Money From Me Always. by murphyrichy(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Charity4real:
Seems you don’t give her enough money
even as at that, will it make her to be stealing from him. The woman lacks home training.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Signs Your Husband Is Gay / A Little Advice Needed / The DECISIVE Stage Of A Man's Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.