Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

My Fears About Getting Married - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fears About Getting Married (4059 Views)

For Singles: What's Your Biggest Fear About Getting Married? / My Ex Is About Getting Married But She Still Loves Me / Nigerian Lady Who Has Been Bridesmaid For 40 Friends, about getting married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by GOFRONT(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Marriage is a scam.....

A marriage that Husband cannot check wife's phone and wife cannot check husband's phone, Is that one a marriage??

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
bepositive11:

It's good that you were upfront and honest. She seems to still have false hopes though

Very false hope, a guy proposed to her last year and they had their traditional and court eedding set for Oct that year, she said if only I can ask her not to go ahead, she would put a stop to it, I refused to do that, it only ended because most of her family were not in support of it while she had issue with coping with the guy being a prophet in a white garmet church.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by wealthtrak: 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Amajerry83:
You should get married if it comes from your heart and make sure you marry your like. Study a lady before getting married to her because people don't change after marriage. Although, in some cases people drop old habits as they get older and wiser. Some married prostitutes who later became good housewives while some married devoted church goer who later became cheats. If you want to look at only the disadvantages of marriage i bet you would be scared of it. Free your mind, understand your partner. DO NOT be extremely jealous and possessive. You married her does not stop her from being friends with the opposite sex. Let her do her things but guide her to make sure she doesn't fall. Women think they are smart not knowing men are way smarter! You should trust a woman before you make her wife. My last advice is do not fall for the phone privacy rubbish. If there's nothing to hide both you and your partner's phones should be accessible to the both of you. My brother, marriage is sweet. I've been married for 13 years with 4 kids. I feel so happy everytime i see my beautiful wife and my cute kids.
Well said!
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by bepositive11: 2:45am On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:

Very false hope, a guy proposed to her last year and they had their traditional and court eedding set for Oct that year, she said if only I can ask her not to go ahead, she would put a stop to it, I refused to do that, it only ended because most of her family were not in support of it while she had issue with coping with the guy being a prophet in a white garmet church.

I pity the guy she ends up with. Seems like she'll continue pining for you. How do you plan to deal with it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by lolu2019: 5:11am On Aug 09, 2021
Get busy bro.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 7:01am On Aug 09, 2021
bepositive11:

I pity the guy she ends up with. Seems like she'll continue pining for you. How do you plan to deal with it?

I didn't ask her out neither did I try to take advantage of her coming out openly to tell me about her feelings for me.

She has only been to my house thrice even tho we live less than a KM apart, and I ensured my ex was around in 2 of those. I don't shy aware from telling her that being in hidden corners alone with her might lead to things we might regret and she understands.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2021
Marry for convenience, and service.

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:

I have someone i have been friends with since 2016, well educated but i still don't feel that love attraction with her.

She loves me to pieces, waited for me to end my relationship before proclaiming her love for me but i can't bring myself to cross any red line regarding her.
Strange!
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Uncle93(m): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2021
Amajerry83:
You should get married if it comes from your heart and make sure you marry your like. Study a lady before getting married to her because people don't change after marriage. Although, in some cases people drop old habits as they get older and wiser. Some married prostitutes who later became good housewives while some married devoted church goer who later became cheats. If you want to look at only the disadvantages of marriage i bet you would be scared of it. Free your mind, understand your partner. DO NOT be extremely jealous and possessive. You married her does not stop her from being friends with the opposite sex. Let her do her things but guide her to make sure she doesn't fall. Women think they are smart not knowing men are way smarter! You should trust a woman before you make her wife. My last advice is do not fall for the phone privacy rubbish. If there's nothing to hide both you and your partner's phones should be accessible to the both of you. My brother, marriage is sweet. I've been married for 13 years with 4 kids. I feel so happy everytime i see my beautiful wife and my cute kids.

All your points are valid except for the Male friends part lol. She might be able to resist some Male friends but not all

It reminds me of a girl who was someones fiance that was keeping me as a Male friend. We ended up having a crazy sex one night because of the friendship and I didn't even know she was with her man.

3 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Uncle93(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2021
grossintel:
Marriage is not for everyone. In this present age it's basically for the sake of having children. Reason why I've been thinking really hard lately. Because the person I was once in love with fell out of love a long time ago and we aren't even married yet.

Deep

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Wannabenz: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2021
My only advice to you is; follow your conscience in whatever you do in this life. If it makes you happy then do it and try not to get caught. Just don't get caught,all the consequences you fear has no effect/power over you. I repeat...Don't Get Caught.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Jeremani: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:
I am currently trying to settle down but looking at married couples in the city is not an encouraging endeavour, married people in this city are just having affairs everywhere and i am tempted to ask the following questions:

# Why would a single guy be sleeping with a married woman, does he not fear the consequences you guys always despise here?

# Why would a single girl be sleeping with married men, meanwhile there is hardly any threat of *future or destiny in trouble* like you guys do as in the case above.
Does this mean married men cheating is safe while that of married women is dangerous?

# Why are married men sleeping with other men's wife, and there seem to be no blow back?

This whole ish is made to look like the single guys are the only ones with future/destiny worth saving.

Is there any point getting hitched if sex is this free everywhere?
In that same city isn't there any couple who don't cheat?
Talk wetin there ur mind?
Are u thinking what am thinking grin
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
Jeremani:

In that same city isn't there any couple who don't cheat?
Talk wetin there ur mind?
Are u thinking what am thinking grin

I am not thinking what you are thinking grin
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
Strange!

Maybe
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by linearity: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:
I am currently trying to settle down but looking at married couples in the city is not an encouraging endeavour, married people in this city are just having affairs everywhere and i am tempted to ask the following questions:

# Why would a single guy be sleeping with a married woman, does he not fear the consequences you guys always despise here?

# Why would a single girl be sleeping with married men, meanwhile there is hardly any threat of *future or destiny in trouble* like you guys do as in the case above.
Does this mean married men cheating is safe while that of married women is dangerous?

# Why are married men sleeping with other men's wife, and there seem to be no blow back?

This whole ish is made to look like the single guys are the only ones with future/destiny worth saving.

Is there any point getting hitched if sex is this free everywhere?

hmmmmm

@OP talk true, I sincerely doubt if the reason you are ‘afraid’ of getting married is because, married men or women are having an affair or because single girls are having affairs with married men.

Still deny confess, because the truth is, I don’t see how the two don’t relate, your current girl friend could also be having an affair, do you stop dating because of that?

Cars get accident every day, even the most careful drivers get hits, killed or injured by the careless ones every single day, do you because of that say you will never ride in a car or owe one?

People get knock down just by crossing the street, do you now stay in door all day to be ‘safe’?

People go into business and loss than life savings, do you as a result don’t venture into business enterprise?

All am saying is, change your mindset; re-orient yourself that ‘shit happens in life’ be prepare for it, so when it happens to will be better suited to handle it.

There is no perfect world or person or work or place or marriage or girl…..even yourself, you are not perfect. You might be pious and Holly today, but things could happen tomorrow and you find yourself cheating like those men.

Slow, take life in bits….stop imagining what will and will not happen tomorrow; that mindset will rob you off enjoying today, and the truth is, we are only sure of today…no one is sure of that tomorrow that is robbing you from enjoying today or from having a peace of mind today.

….believe me, tomorrow will always take care of itself, ensure that you take care of today.

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by bepositive11: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:

I didn't ask her out neither did I try to take advantage of her coming out openly to tell me about her feelings for me.

She has only been to my house thrice even tho we live less than a KM apart, and I ensured my ex was around in 2 of those. I don't shy aware from telling her that being in hidden corners alone with her might lead to things we might regret and she understands.

You sound like a good guy. Glad I've never been in your situation. Hoping for the best for you both and your friendship
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Numerouno94(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Yinmu, ugly girls dey promiscuous pass pretty ones because they feel like they have nothing to lose, so they fvck like it's the last 5 minutes before angel Gabriel blows the trumpet

U must hv fvcked alota ugly girls to knw this?
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Jeremani: 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:

I am not thinking what you are thinking grin

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
luizpippo:

Maybe
You're lying abi?
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
You're lying abi?
Hey! You didn't message me on Whatsapp again
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
SmellySperm:

Hey! You didn't message me on Whatsapp again
I know...but i sent you a private message or didn't you get it?
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
I know...but i sent you a private message or didn't you get it?
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
SmellySperm:

This my WhatsApp number,add me up
You've sent it before na. just check your mails
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
You're lying abi?

And what might be my reason for lying?
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
Ok please kindly message me on Whatsapp and edit this my number out of here. Thanks
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
SmellySperm:

Ok please kindly message me on Whatsapp and edit this my number out of here. Thanks
Ok since you want me to say it here. i wanted to add you to my whatsapp but you don't have a profile picture that's why i didn't message you again.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
Ok since you want me to say it here. i wanted to add you to my whatsapp but you don't have a profile picture that's why i didn't message you again.
You should have messaged me still undecided
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
As u can see,my number is still showing where you quoted me. Pls kindly check and edit my number out, thanks
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
SmellySperm:

You should have messaged me still undecided
Nope i wanted to see your picture before proceeding
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
SmellySperm:

As u can see,my number is still showing where you quoted me. Pls kindly check and edit my number out, thanks
Am very sorry, i thought you deleted it like you did the other time
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
Megatron77:
Nope i wanted to see your picture before proceeding
Sorry I don't use my picture as dp
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
SmellySperm:

Sorry I don't use my picture as dp
Why now...the thing is i don't want to chat with a 16yrs guy thinking am chatting with an adult

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Don't Southerners Like Dating Northern Ladies? / My Male Friend Called Me A Seductress...men Are Rude. / Pic: Why You Need To Fear Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.