Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

My Fears About Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fears About Getting Married (4060 Views)

For Singles: What's Your Biggest Fear About Getting Married? / My Ex Is About Getting Married But She Still Loves Me / Nigerian Lady Who Has Been Bridesmaid For 40 Friends, about getting married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
I am currently trying to settle down but looking at married couples in the city is not an encouraging endeavour, married people in this city are just having affairs everywhere and i am tempted to ask the following questions:

# Why would a single guy be sleeping with a married woman, does he not fear the consequences you guys always despise here?

# Why would a single girl be sleeping with married men, meanwhile there is hardly any threat of *future or destiny in trouble* like you guys do as in the case above.
Does this mean married men cheating is safe while that of married women is dangerous?

# Why are married men sleeping with other men's wife, and there seem to be no blow back?

This whole ish is made to look like the single guys are the only ones with future/destiny worth saving.

Is there any point getting hitched if sex is this free everywhere?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Bola146(f): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by shamsin6300(m): 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
Don't love because of perfection because you will end up being single for the rest of your life. Get someone you think you won't have much problem settling down with.

Be it city or village you just need a background check about her.....shikenan you are good to go bruh.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Monogamy: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
shocked

What's marriage to start with? A paper certificate..

A certificate paper issued without conducting any proper investigation about the two lovers..

Funniest part about those who cheat, after the sex, the guilts that follow are not something one should be going through psychologically..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by fati2001(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
luizpippo:
I am currently trying to settle down but looking at married couples in the city is not an encouraging endeavour, married people in this city are just having affairs everywhere and i am tempted to ask the following questions:

# Why would a single guy be sleeping with a married woman, does he not fear the consequences you guys always despise here?

# Why would a single girl be sleeping with married men, meanwhile there is hardly any threat of *future or destiny in trouble* like you guys do as in the case above.
Does this mean married men cheating is safe while that of married women is dangerous?

# Why are married men sleeping with other men's wife, and there seem to be no blow back?

This whole ish is made to look like the single guys are the only ones with future/destiny worth saving.

lol someppl can follow devil to hell because of sex. they have nothing to worry about in life.
JUST GIVE EM" SEXgrin

3 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Ammishaddai: 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
We live in a perverted generation that is sexually driven to do the unspeakable . undecided

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Spider20: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Nigerian ladies are useless all of them..............

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Divoc19(f): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
Get married.
Everybody's story won't be the same.
Better still, you can set up a 'Relationship Counseling' thing to counsel these aggrieved lost set of people.

3 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by socialmediaman: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Kondomatic(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Apart from dancing at the reception and somebody wearing my boxers/briefs, I have no fear
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Amajerry83(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
You should get married if it comes from your heart and make sure you marry your like. Study a lady before getting married to her because people don't change after marriage. Although, in some cases people drop old habits as they get older and wiser. Some married prostitutes who later became good housewives while some married devoted church goer who later became cheats. If you want to look at only the disadvantages of marriage i bet you would be scared of it. Free your mind, understand your partner. DO NOT be extremely jealous and possessive. You married her does not stop her from being friends with the opposite sex. Let her do her things but guide her to make sure she doesn't fall. Women think they are smart not knowing men are way smarter! You should trust a woman before you make her wife. My last advice is do not fall for the phone privacy rubbish. If there's nothing to hide both you and your partner's phones should be accessible to the both of you. My brother, marriage is sweet. I've been married for 13 years with 4 kids. I feel so happy everytime i see my beautiful wife and my cute kids.

22 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
Op just marry ugly woman. So that na only u go dey enjoy her kpekus.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by zexy2030(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
Marriage is difficult, if you marry her on others opinion, convince yourself. Don't be emotional when taking decision on marriage, marry based on trust and verified character. To get a genuine lady. Get info, investigate, go close as a friend like a month then discuss marriage with someone she respects, who will tell you about her status then approach her and don't waste her time, once u r convinced she is a good lady.

2 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
Doja2000:

Yinmu, ugly girls dey promiscuous pass pretty ones because they feel like they have nothing to lose, so they fvck like it's the last 5 minutes before angel Gabriel blows the trumpet

4 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Yinmu, ugly girls dey promiscuous pass pretty ones because they feel like they have nothing to lose, so they fvck like it's the last 5 minutes before angel Gabriel blows the trumpet
Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 08, 2021
Marriage is not for everyone. In this present age it's basically for the sake of having children. Reason why I've been thinking really hard lately. Because the person I was once in love with fell out of love a long time ago and we aren't even married yet.

3 Likes

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 5:00am On Aug 08, 2021
Doja2000:

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 5:02am On Aug 08, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Chai
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 5:06am On Aug 08, 2021
zexy2030:
Marriage is difficult, if you marry her on others opinion, convince yourself. Don't be emotional when taking decision on marriage, marry based on trust and verified character. To get a genuine lady. Get info, investigate, go close as a friend like a month then discuss marriage with someone she respects, who will tell you about her status then approach her and don't waste her time, once u r convinced she is a good lady.

I have someone i have been friends with since 2016, well educated but i still don't feel that love attraction with her.

She loves me to pieces, waited for me to end my relationship before proclaiming her love for me but i can't bring myself to cross any red line regarding her.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 5:07am On Aug 08, 2021
Amajerry83:
You should get married if it comes from your heart and make sure you marry your like. Study a lady before getting married to her because people don't change after marriage. Although, in some cases people drop old habits as they get older and wiser. Some married prostitutes who later became good housewives while some married devoted church goer who later became cheats. If you want to look at only the disadvantages of marriage i bet you would be scared of it. Free your mind, understand your partner. DO NOT be extremely jealous and possessive. You married her does not stop her from being friends with the opposite sex. Let her do her things but guide her to make sure she doesn't fall. Women think they are smart not knowing men are way smarter! You should trust a woman before you make her wife. My last advice is do not fall for the phone privacy rubbish. If there's nothing to hide both you and your partner's phones should be accessible to the both of you. My brother, marriage is sweet. I've been married for 13 years with 4 kids. I feel so happy everytime i see my beautiful wife and my cute kids.

Brilliant
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by JERRY1925(m): 7:14am On Aug 08, 2021
Amajerry83:

Good. Congratulations.

Pls did u marry her a virgin?
Because I am in a situation, I fear cos my girl not a virgin when we met.
But, she's so nice.
When I think of that fact, I just feel like not getting married.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by zexy2030(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2021
luizpippo:

I have someone i have been friends with since 2016, well educated but i still don't feel that love attraction with her.

She loves me to pieces, waited for me to end my relationship before proclaiming her love for me but i can't bring myself to cross any red line regarding her.
If time still favour you, just ask her a little about her life when she 13-24 whatever she tells you is a good info to work with. You can give her us before you hear her.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
zexy2030:

If time still favour you, just ask her a little about her life when she 13-24 whatever she tells you is a good info to work with. You can give her us before you hear her.

Like her sexual past or what exactly?
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
zexy2030:

I don't intend to marry her, so why would i need her 13-24 past?

Even if i had a flimsy relationship in mind, i would still have no use for her past.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by debbydams(f): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
luizpippo:

hummm
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by bepositive11: 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
grossintel:
Marriage is not for everyone. In this present age it's basically for the sake of having children. Reason why I've been thinking really hard lately. Because the person I was once in love with fell out of love a long time ago and we aren't even married yet.

Did you love her or were you infatuated with her? There's a big difference

True love never dies
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by bepositive11: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
luizpippo:

If you decide to get married, marry your best friend
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by bepositive11: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
luizpippo:

Then let her go. Let her know the truth. Please don't lead her on

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by zexy2030(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
luizpippo:

Like her sexual past or what exactly?
Behavioural lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: My Fears About Getting Married by luizpippo(m): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
bepositive11:

Then let her go. Let her know the truth. Please don't lead her on

Never held her back, told her i see her as great friend especially since when met in a bible school class, but she is the one in love.
Re: My Fears About Getting Married by bepositive11: 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
luizpippo:

Never held her back, told her i see her as great friend especially since when met in a bible school class, but she is the one in love.

It's good that you were upfront and honest. She seems to still have false hopes though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Don't Southerners Like Dating Northern Ladies? / Omo Girls Are Funny / Help!! How Do I Stop Visiting Sex Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.