Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine (27978 Views)

Vacancy For Goods Loaders And Water Carriers (males Only) 40k In Osapa-london / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / I Made 40k In A Week. It's Easy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
blizard44:

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos nah.

You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin

People go dey work for island dey collect 250k yet dem go still dey live for Pako Estate.

You know how many people dey live for General Paint, Kuramo , Jakande and Maroko endless shanties?

Half of the islanders live in these holes and earn way more than 100k.

Even to buy one polo na problem.

Who born you make you fit chop belleful for Lagos? Can you afford it? 1k go down for one sitting.

Imagine say you chop three times. cheesy

1k down and you'll be wondering if you ate anything. Meal be looking embarrassing in the plate. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
Skyfornia:

You are a bad spender...two things that gulp money in Lagos are transportation fare and rent...if you are not paying rent then half of your problems is solved. With 80k salary as a single guy, who is not paying rent in Lagos, you supposed save atleast 40k every month.

My dear, calm down nau. Just calm down.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Bbbwings: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
LONIC:

Bro, if you have an opening at your place please, I will be interested.
I am a BSc holder with computer literacy.
I presently work as an assistant supervisor for an outsourcing company here in Lagos.
I prepare bills, vouchers and invoices.
Vast with the use of Excel
I also manage the casual staff pool, oversee their operations, try to maintain a motivated team of employers for optimum productivity even as I ensure their conformity to safety standards.
In all, I am a good communicator with quality emotional intelligence.
Sharp guy grin grin grin
God bless you

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

20k for food stuff?
Lol.....
Na only Indomie dem go dey chop?

Eating indomie alone even costs more than 20k in a month!

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

Lol.....
Be careful so you will not be swindled by some yahoo boys online claiming to be forest traders.
Don't go into any forest trading o.
They are all scammers and ponzi schemers.

Forest trading? grin
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Johnchrix(m): 6:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
you sef 2 minutes no do you to shit ?

Eno do o, na better hot shit..
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by gidob(m): 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Forest trading? grin

Once would have been excused for typo...
But twice??

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by moufan: 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
I guess I'm not the only rich person in this platform do you know how many millionaires that are on this site?
you're a scammer,gedifok out
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
gidob:

Once would have been excused for typo...
But twice??

grin grin grin

Lol. I think he deliberately decided to pun on the word.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
KINGOROOLA:
If u want to survive lagos.
1. U must either live close to ur workplace.
2. Have a way to acument ur lifestyle wit side hustle.
3. Be ready to live a life of deciet n lies.

majority of lagosian do num 3 na wati i find out be dat.

@emboldened. I think you meant "augment."
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by mosesaigbe(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
My dear 80k na 8k for this new NAIJA oo

Even the money big small for many ..

The best way you can survive with 80k in a city like Lagos is to have multiple streams of income.

Since you have family members to take care of from your 80k monthly paycheck, I will recommed you leverage on other sources of income like Freelancing business or Affiliate Marketing and any other genuine side hustle you can find ouside your normal 9-5 job.

Also ,ensure you always save too unto Investment on monthly basis (20%-40%)

Personally , I have more than 10 streams of income to survive the high cost of living in the city where I stay .Among the over 10 income streams are :

Freelancing

Digital training

Importation Business

Affiliate Marketing

VTU Business

Social Media Management ( Facebook and Instagram)

Realtor services

Upwork account approval

PayPal account creation ( account that send and receive money)

Jumia sales consultant etc.

No shout why I get plenty streams of income like this .....ask my uncle Dangote that have 69 Streams of income and he is still searching for more..

Guys, go for more streams !!

All multiple expenses must be attacked with multiple streams of income .Else, poverty will catch up with you.

Just in case anyone here is interested in learning Freelancing (Upwork) , Copywriting and Importation Business etc ..you can feel free to Whatsapp me via 070.33.26.95.49 for training and mentoring ...
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Skyfornia(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

My dear, calm down nau. Just calm down.

Lols ..longtime babe. You still dey this street?
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Agbebakun22: 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
[quote author=Loveknitting post=104605070]

Hahahahaha

I'm not laughing at you, just remember what happened to me on Saturday, 4k gone, with nothing to show for, I was shocked for hours,
Nigeria is really really hard right now, that is why the level of crime have increased. [/quote

]make dem kukuma auction am me sef don tired seriously

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
truthsayer009:

Lmao, why don't you just remain in your parent's house or an aunties house. That would save you a lot, you won't have so much freedom but your bank account will always be green.

I was just joking. grin

Doesn't change the fact that his comment summed up the life of an average Lekki resident. If exorbitant house rent no finish you, the peer pressure go slay you, how about groceries and food stuffs? It is ×5 of what the average market sellers sells at the mainland market. I usually have to go to Oyingbo to shop foodstuffs in bulk. Those people won't kill me.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
Skyview01:

Honestly, village and farming. Now, I wan envy you.

Guy, abeg no make me laugh. grin
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Lekan239(m): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
[quote author=Greatness87 post=104555931]
I live in Lagos . The OP doesn't spend money on tfare so he can save 40k monthly.
If you are determined and don't spend anyhow, you can save with 80k salary [/quote last year Jan I was working in a company in agbara Lagos, I earned 18k or below/month. My transport is 200naira to and fro/ day, but I only transport when going to wrk, and walk during closing hour, the company provides launch job hour was 8am to 5pm. I worked for five month, I was able to save for my HND acceptance fee 25k, I change my wardrobe, and wen school resume, I moved down to school with the remaining savings. When I resume school fully, God took it from there. I'm almost through

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
Skyfornia:

Lols ..longtime babe. You still dey this street?

Lol.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by MrOmor: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
How to survive with 40k a month?

...by eating in dreams. Nowadays sef, food scarce for dream. Things are hard now in the country than at anytime in the country's history.

Proof revealed in this short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9y7DQ35CE4
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Connected1: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
vickydevoka:

I earn 25k buh I never die. Though runs chook. De Truth is dat salary is nothing. Runs pay more. My brother go tell u say any place runs no de even if naa 100k quit. Immigration passport way Dem de pay 25k. I payed 40k. Na him get 15. Dem de only three way run am. Him go carry 9k. Give Dem 3k each
Abeg Shut Up, Stupid Fool.
Corrupt Individuals, You are the problem of this Nation.
God will punish you and all your likes who support and partake in bribery, corruption and other crimes.
Just continue for a little longer and you will meet your doom.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by f4frances: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
MrOmor:
How to survive with 40k a month?

...by eating in dreams. Nowadays sef, food scarce for dream. Things are hard now in the country than at anytime in the country's history.

Proof revealed in this short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9y7DQ35CE4

so true. the funny video says it all. surviving in this country is something else
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Connected1: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
Jokkarm2:

It cant work bro, as a young guy you cant just be doing work and home. weekends, you need to go out, yo need to send small money to your girl, you need to dash few people something, even if is 2k, you cant just say you wont give or assist somebody before month end. you will pay bills, you will need to get one or two jeans, shirts, good perfume, eat roasted chicken once a while, drink beer once a while, take your guy out once a while, do data for your girl, do data for your self,. guy is not easy and it wont be enough.

you cant just say you wont take part in all of these things i mentioned. i try to live a happy life and be good. you will pay transport to go out, you might need to fix one or two things in your house because they must have problem. door keys, toilet, sink, etc. toiletries, and other things i cant remember now. you cant be working and be living like a prisoner. these things i mentioned are not much but they are the things you must do. so 80,000 is just manage
They won't tell him this because they want to him see them as good advisers or more knowledgeable. Many rich people went broke under this Buhari's Government. Many Indulged in Crime to increase their income streams because everything literally went up almost 300%.
I could manage 2k for a week on miscellaneous(not food or other major expenses oh) before but now 5k na still manage.
Bro you are perfectly fine. The only advice I have for you is that you should not just try to save but rather have a target (maybe to buy a land, start a little business or anything reasonable) and that's what motivate you to save and do some side hustles.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by presido997(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
Though i don't know your expenditures, but to be sincere saving Money out of 80k isn't easy, but u can do it, I received same salary with you still living with my parent no transport to work and I roughly save 60k per month starting from January, note my expenditure isn't much at home, my parent are okay

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by vickydevoka(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
Connected1:
Abeg Shut Up, Stupid Fool.
Corrupt Individuals, You are the problem of this Nation.
God will punish you and all your likes who support and partake in bribery, corruption and other crimes.
Just continue for a little longer and you will meet your doom.
I won't shut up, I'm only been realistic. Not everyone has de boldness to speak up like dis. From your statement u don't stay in Abuja. Every single organization in Abuja has runs. People prefer to Tru back yard in Nigeria. For instance, I wen to do my passport, it didn't take me 1 hr n I was done, why bcu I knew some one dere, he charged me extra 15k n I paid. More than 50 did Same thing. N people were much outside. So my oga don't be bitter; if u are in rome behave like romance. I do travel to u.k. n I must tell u I can't try such , bcuz dere system is organize

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by BROWNEMMANUEL26: 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
I guess I'm not the only rich person in this platform do you know how many millionaires that are on this site?
This ijebu man, if u don't stope this nonsense I will expose u and your family here. Better behave
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by osazsky(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
I'm a single guy but I have a family to carter for, and that's my mum and sister.
The problem is I earn 80k in lagos and I don't know its just not enough for me
And I'm not paying a rent I live in family house.
Can someone please tell me how to manage my resources because very soon I would want to stand alone and start my own family.
Thanks.
borrowing..deicieving rich girls with the promise of marriage..juju that can turn sand and stone to rice and meat
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Guy, abeg no make me laugh. grin

Honestly, I lived in Lagos most of my life and it's way too stressful and overcrowded.
I would ideally prefer a country home in the village.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by calcal: 12:32am On Aug 10, 2021
blizard44:

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos nah.

You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin

People go dey work for island dey collect 250k yet dem go still dey live for Pako Estate.

You know how many people dey live for General Paint, Kuramo , Jakande and Maroko endless shanties?

Half of the islanders live in these holes and earn way more than 100k.

Even to buy one polo na problem.

Who born you make you fit chop belleful for Lagos? Can you afford it? 1k go down for one sitting.

Imagine say you chop three times. cheesy

3 times a day = 3K
month = 90k
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Connected1: 3:10am On Aug 10, 2021
vickydevoka:

I won't shut up, I'm only been realistic. Not everyone has de boldness to speak up like dis. From your statement u don't stay in Abuja. Every single organization in Abuja has runs. People prefer to Tru back yard in Nigeria. For instance, I wen to do my passport, it didn't take me 1 hr n I was done, why bcu I knew some one dere, he charged me extra 15k n I paid. More than 50 did Same thing. N people were much outside. So my oga don't be bitter; if u are in rome behave like romance. I do travel to u.k. n I must tell u I can't try such , bcuz dere system is organize
Continue Bro Continue.

Those who think they are wise are actually foolish.

Build a corrupt environment for your children and defend yourself like you would do in your old age, you will also take the blame from yourself then.

U.K is admired by you and others not because they have a good government but because they have good citizens.

Rejoice in your corrupt activities while it lasts and also blame the government and others while you can.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Badb0y4lyf(m): 4:07am On Aug 10, 2021
lebete3000:

Continue blowing money under the guise of not denying yourself somethings. The Investment wey you dey talk about, the money go fall from sky like manna ba? Nobhe from your savings you go get the Investment money? Abi you go squat and poop it out of your tiny bunghole?

Go ask Warren Buffet and the likes how they made their money. They were very niggardly. and instead invested their savings. Whatever you see them buying today is from their interests and never from their capital.

You've heard car is a luxury, except it's putting money in your pocket.

Once bought a ride for 500k, yet spent 700k fixing it after I bashed it; eventually sold it 300k. As i dey now car na d last tin for my mind till I open my beer parlor.

Atleast people like you can coman continue blowing your money with us while you continue to not deny yourself and indulge yourself.

We'll treat you very well, you know sey you be customer daada ni.

Your type go still broke even if you make 2million/month, no be curse because you no fit learn.

Lol Warren buffet will be as poor as church rat if he was born in Nigerian. U think say na hard work make dantoge richest man in nigeria. I like the idea of opening a beer palor I'm also on the verge of opening a food restaurant and out door relaxation for grill and drinks..
Don't get me wrong there is a difference between being lavish and denying one self of wants.
Continue hustling with out enjoying your hard earned money u will just die and your junior bro go use your money play two odds or your girlfriend human hair. go to ladipo, Alaba and see obituaries of millionaire young boys die everyday.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 10, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

I was just joking. grin

Doesn't change the fact that his comment summed up the life of an average Lekki resident. If exorbitant house rent no finish you, the peer pressure go slay you, how about groceries and food stuffs? It is ×5 of what the average market sellers sells at the mainland market. I usually have to go to Oyingbo to shop foodstuffs in bulk. Those people won't kill me.

Going to Oyingbo is a perfect normal middle class move. A lot of people I know in Lekki who earn well and are comfortable do this. They live in estates with constant power supply, so they buy in bulk at cheap rates, store it in the freezer. They only purchase few food stuff at Ebeano occasionally.

As regards peer pressure on the Island, it is very real. People looking bougie but they are dead broke.

Overrated outings too, each time i go out on any hangout, i spend close to 30k on a single sitting buying basic stuff. Uber + Food + Drinks. Meanwhile I spend only around 12k in Abuja for even better quality.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by udohalex(m): 5:43am On Aug 10, 2021
Pls join C21FG( La Buena Vida Project) to realize your financial goal that is limitless. Call or Whatsapp on 08030901291 for more details.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by newoffer: 6:11am On Aug 10, 2021
Sense Kee u. No bills ba.
Greatness87:
With your 80k salary, you can spend the money as follows
20k for foodstuffs
10k for your personal expenses
10k for your mum's upkeep
That is 40k. Then you save 40k monthly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Celtel Is Recruiting / N-power: 30,000 Volunteers Get New Federal Jobs / Pls Guys! Does Anyone Know About Bg Nigeria In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.