Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere (28208 Views)

Wole Olanipekun: Why Obasanjo Almost Punched Me / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / 2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2021
Penguin2:
The Yoruba are protecting their own while wishing Nnamdi Kanu is hanged and will not accept that MNK the every step taken so far on him is wrong.
Is it the Yoruba that stopped you from fighting to defend your land? You can't compare Igboho to the foolish man called cownu. Cownu was insulting all other tribes including yorubas and you want yorubas to defend him? See your head like agbalumo! angry

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by salykely(m): 9:39am On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

Quite an intelligent post. In addendum, the people have forgotten that in the current mix of things, OBJ is a featherweight. Buhari is the President and the commander in chief of the armed forces. Who do you think Beninoise govt will reckon with?

The kings you are all mentioning lack power in their states, not to talk across border. The constitution has packed them to one corner. Read carefully, they sent delegate to just "observe" the proceedings and nothing more. They can't influence anything.

If OBJ was in power, he would have arrested all these agitators long time ago. Have you all forgotten what happened in Odi?

They are trying to rally Yoruba sentiment. The Obas are trying to be on the side of Yoruba history that they did not abandon Yoruba cause.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by orisa37: 9:49am On Aug 09, 2021
TO THE YORUBAS UNDER 40. WATCH THE PICTURES OF THOSE THREE PUBLIC FIGURES VERY WELL.

BE RIGHTEOUSLY PATRIOTIC.

EVEN IGBOHO IS GIVING EVIDENCE THAT OLODUMARE WILL ALWAYS PROVIDE HIMSELF A WORTHY SACRIFICE FOR THE RIGHTEOUS PATRIOT.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by NobleRace: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2021
27Pushing30:

You cannot explain away ignorance... and you reek of it

If you had been silent, you would have taken a seat among the wise.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by MT: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2021
salykely:

During Obasanjo's regime as a civilian president, Asari Dokibo agitated for a Niger Delta Republic. This same hypocrite called Obasanjo locked him up in DSS detention facility in Abuja. The same person is busy undermining his own country and another person's government on the same fact. Obasanjo has a history of doing to others what he would never tolerate.

It is a fact that this same Afenifere never supported Obasanjo. They saw him as a traitor to the Yoruba cause. But today, he has suddenly become the father of Africa. What we all should realise is the fact that loving our country is the beginning of taking a concrete step protect our security.
Quite an intelligent post. In addendum, the people have forgotten that in the current mix of things, OBJ is a featherweight. Buhari is the President and the commander in chief of the armed forces. Who do you think Beninoise govt will reckon with?

The kings you are all mentioning lack power in their states, not to talk across border. The constitution has packed them to one corner. Read carefully, they sent delegate to just "observe" the proceedings and nothing more. They can't influence anything.

If OBJ was in power, he would have arrested all these agitators long time ago. Have you all forgotten what happened in Odi?
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by luluman: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2021
Penguin2:
The Yoruba are protecting their own while wishing Nnamdi Kanu is hanged and will not accept that MNK the every step taken so far on him is wrong.
Shut your mouth, you too protect your own now.who stop you?

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by luluman: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Igboho the freedom fighter suddenly turned to a weakling and coward.

Someone that should be standing strong and screaming at the top of his voice that "Oduduwa Republic or death"

The devil really blessed this generation with fake things. From fake pastors to fake freedom fighters.
Also to fake and wide mouth Nairalanders like you.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by luluman: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2021
Officialgarri:
When Igboho was screaming and boasting, and threatening and scaling a palace fence to see a king under duress, parading himself as the new champion in town with his local bullet proof, the old men just sat watching him. Allowed him to explore his youthfulness.

But when it was time to call him to order, it was an easy catch. Now the old men are the ones still pleading on his behalf.

I must attain and join the cabal of shot callers in this country.
You can rant or join whatever you want. Just leave our Igboho alone
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

You are so funny. Igboho didn't use any wisdom, rather he chickened out, while abandoning his supporters in the struggle. He lacked the capacity to confront the professionally trained DSS. He even abandoned his fake charm cloth. He just ran away

You northerners are so addicted to oppression you look like subhumans
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

Odi were not agitators. Uwazuruike was never arrested by OBJ. Besides, OBJ will also not allow Fulani herders to murder people in their sleep all because of cows.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by MT: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

You northerners are so addicted to oppression you look like subhumans

You are such a pathetic lot. You must insult any individual that does not align with your silly perspective. Is that how you intend to govern your new nation you are clamouring for. I am a full blooded Yoruba, and I have a right to my view, just like you have to yours. You cant even demonstrate a bit of intellectual civility to drive your point home.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

You are such a pathetic lot. You must insult any individual that does not align with your silly perspective. Is that how you intend to govern your new nation you are clamouring for. I am a full blooded Yoruba, and I have a right to my view, just like you have to yours. You cant even demonstrate a bit of intellectual civility to drive your point home.
Anyone can claim to be Yoruba. But Yoruba don't embrace slavery nor defend murderers.

That's why Yorubas were at the forefront of Nigerian independence and regionalism while the north enjoy continued subservience to Britain.

That is also why a murderer in Yorubaland is ostracized together with his family.

Go and put a Yoruba brain in your body and stop supporting the murderer of your people

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by MT: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Odi were not agitators. Uwazuruike was never arrested by OBJ. Besides, OBJ will also not allow Fulani herders to murder people in their sleep all because of cows.

Sighting Odi was just to make you realise that OBJ always quickly reacted during his reign. If Buhari did what OBJ did in Odi, all hell would have been let loose. Obj arrested Gani Adams then and bombed Niger Delta to submission. He who wants to come to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by MT: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Anyone can claim to be Yoruba. But Yoruba don't embrace slavery nor defend murderers.

That's why Yorubas were at the forefront of Nigerian independence and regionalism while the north enjoy continued subservience to Britain.

That is also why a murderer in Yorubaland is ostracized together with his family.

Go and put a Yoruba brain in your body and stop supporting the murderer of your people

I am a Yoruba but not tribalistic. I look at events objectively and dont follow bandwagon. If we need a Yoruba nation, which I dont agree with anyway, it is not someone like Igboho with a violent past and blood stained hands that will lead us out of it. Go and ask people in Ibadan to tell you about this guy's antecedent. Someone that is being used by a known politician and former governor in Ibadan. No one can force their view on me and no one can force their purported new nation on me as well.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

I am a Yoruba but not tribalistic. I look at events objectively and dont follow bandwagon. If we need a Yoruba nation, which I dont agree with anyway, it is not someone like Igboho with a violent past and blood stained hands that will lead us out of it. Go and ask people in Ibadan to tell you about this guy's antecedent. Someone that is being used by a known politician and former governor in Ibadan. No one can force their view on me and no one can for force their purported new nation on me as well.

What are you afraid of?

Why do you keep hiding under Igboho is a thug, he can't lead us to a new nation. Who then will? Is it the Ooni or alaafin? When did Igboho ever say he is leading us to a nation. He never claimed to be the head of any group or body.

But you're just hiding behind a finger.

The question is are we judging Igboho based on his past or his present.

Presently, he is fighting to put a stop to the murder of Yoruba farmers by Fulani herdsmen. What have you to say to that? Those farmers like Dr Aborode who came from Germany and the people of Igangan did not get anyone to take up their cause until Igboho the thug offered to.

May I ask where your puritanical self was when the Fulanis were cutting heads off for fun in Yorubaland you claim to love so much? We wouldn't have needed an Igboho if you had led efforts to rescue innocent villagers from murder and mayhem.

Omo buruku lojo tie
Omo eni o ni buru titi ka fi f'ekun pa

I hope you understand all these as a true Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by themanderon: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2021
DSoj:
These so called leaders are full of shiit.. Aligning with a useless secessionist? .

A useless secessionist fighting for a better country for himself and his people? A secessionist fighting against the invasion of his ancestral land since the supposed government that is meant to defend them has deliberately left them at the mercy of the invaders? I can only imagine what a terrible human being you must be. So he should keep quiet while state sponsored terrorists invade his people and take over their lands? I guess that would make him a good Nigerian to you.
If Nigeria was a functional country do you think anyone would want to leave? Our leaders have made this country an irredeemable hellhole for the people and have rebuffed all attempts to make things better yet they do not want the people to challenge and change the status quo and here you are calling him a useless secessionist but have failed to address the rulers that made the nation a mess. At times I wonder if Nigerians are under a spell.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

Sighting Odi was just to make you realise that OBJ always quickly reacted during his reign. If Buhari did what OBJ did in Odi, all hell would have been let loose. Obj arrested Gani Adams then and bombed Niger Delta to submission. He who wants to come to equity must come with clean hands.

OBJ arrested Gani because OPC was fast becoming a terror to non-Yorubas in Yorubaland. Even Gani also agreed recently that OPC did some things the wrong way then. If OBJ was like Buhari, he would have looked the other way while OPC was wrecking havoc on Igbo and Hausa traders then.

OBJ quickly reacted to any lawlessness during his time regardless of tribe. Just as you cited that of Gani Adams. Can same thing be said of Buhari?

OBJ bombed Niger Delta, arrested OPC leaders too and even allowed Sharia up north. There is no nepotism in these acts as you can see.

Can you compare with Buhari who killed IPOB and Shiites, arrested Igboho and Kanu. But looks the other way for bandits and herdsmen and is even actively looking for grazing reserves for them.

Funny enough, to show you Buhari knows exactly what he is doing, he launched crocodile smile against Niger Delta militants when he became president but withdrew and adopted a conciliatory approach when those ones nearly ruined the free money he enjoys spending that comes from their region. In other words, he sees those guys as useful to him because of what they bring to the table while others he feels offer nothing can go to hell.

That's the person you are supporting against your fellow Yoruba

ronu awe

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Curious345: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2021
Buhari is a nepotist and ethno-religious bigoted individual
Agboriotejoye:

OBJ arrested Gani because OPC was fast becoming a terror to non-Yorubas in Yorubaland. Even Gani also agreed recently that OPC did some things the wrong way then. If OBJ was like Buhari, he would have looked the other way while OPC was wrecking havoc on Igbo and Hausa traders then.

OBJ quickly reacted to any lawlessness during his time regardless of tribe. Just as you cited that of Gani Adams. Can same thing be said of Buhari?

OBJ bombed Niger Delta, arrested OPC leaders too and even allowed Sharia up north. There is no nepotism in these acts as you can see.

Can you compare with Buhari who killed IPOB and Shiites, arrested Igboho and Kanu. But looks the other way for bandits and herdsmen and is even actively looking for grazing reserves for them.

Funny enough, to show you Buhari knows exactly what he is doing, he launched crocodile smile against Niger Delta militants when he became president but withdrew and adopted a conciliatory approach when those ones nearly ruined the free money he enjoys spending that comes from their region. In other words, he sees those guys as useful to him because of what they bring to the table while others he feels offer nothing can go to hell.

That's the person you are supporting against your fellow Yoruba

ronu awe
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by middlebelter(m): 10:55am On Aug 09, 2021
Penguin2:
The Yoruba are protecting their own while wishing Nnamdi Kanu is hanged and will not accept that MNK every step taken so far on him is wrong.

Stop spewing rubbish. Sowore that is busy engaging the police at every court sitting in Abuja because MNK is not a Yoruba man?

Most of the people supporting MNK outside the Igbo race in Nigeria today are Yoruba, not even Niger Delta. You don't expect everybody in Yoruba land to support him anyway considering the various unprintable name-calling to the Yoruba race by him.

Again, why are the Ohanesze not supporting or protecting MNK? Did Yoruba people stop them. I am happy an average Igbo man does not share your view. What is even my own on this matter?
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Yankee101: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2021
See. St least they covered him, meaning they sanctioned his activities
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Tareq1105: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Igboho the freedom fighter suddenly turned to a weakling and coward.

Someone that should be standing strong and screaming at the top of his voice that "Oduduwa Republic or death"

The devil really blessed this generation with fake things. From fake pastors to fake freedom fighters.

Since your Ken Saro Wiwa was killed, what has changed in the south south?
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by MT: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

When you want to determine what is "lawful", you revert back to the constitution. Will you accept that Igboho act is "unlawful" considering that he is agitating for secession and stockpiling arms? Does the constitution justify secession?. The president swore to protect and defend this same constitution. That means if you are agitating for it, you are being unlawful. It is the constitution that states that, not me.

If you want to secede, you have people in the twin houses - Senate and House of Rep. Even if you dont believe in them, they are the one that constitution recognises to be representing each state. Let them move the motion on the floor of the house for secession.

Is El Zak Zaky from the South? is Dariye from the South? Are boko harams and bandits that were continuously bombed southerners? Let us be objective please. Dont give a dog a bad name in other to hang it.

Have you heard any of your senators or house of rep openly supporting secession? Even teh Governors in the East distanced themselves from Kanu. If you do not have any backing of these people, believe me, there is nothing any individual can achieve. They are the only constitutionally recognised entities.

You expect the president of a Nation to fold his arms while some ragtags are agitating to secede. Even in spain, those agitators for Cataluyna nation were thrown into jail. Like I said I am a Yoruba who is objective and I will appreciate sueprior intellectual discourse from your end, if any.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Masterclass32: 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nice one.

The Igbo leaders would've given him up had he been Igbo. Bunch of cowards we are unfortunate to have as leaders. Yet to hear Enugu governor condemn the killings in his state.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
MT:

When you want to determine what is "lawful", you revert back to the constitution. Will you accept that Igboho act is "unlawful" considering that he is agitating for secession and stockpiling arms? Does the constitution justify secession?. The president swore to protect and defend this same constitution. That means if you are agitating for it, you are being unlawful. It is the constitution that states that, not me.

If you want to secede, you have people in the twin houses - Senate and House of Rep. Even if you dont believe in them, they are the one that constitution recognises to be representing each state. Let them move the motion on the floor of the house for secession.

Is El Zak Zaky from the South? is Dariye from the South? Are boko harams and bandits that were continuously bombed southerners? Let us be objective please. Dont give a dog a bad name in other to hang it.

Have you heard any of your senators or house of rep openly supporting secession? Even teh Governors in the East distanced themselves from Kanu. If you do not have any backing of these people, believe me, there is nothing any individual can achieve. They are the only constitutionally recognised entities.

You expect the president of a Nation to fold his arms while some ragtags are agitating to secede. Even in spain, those agitators for Cataluyna nation were thrown into jail. Like I said I am a Yoruba who is objective and I will appreciate sueprior intellectual discourse from your end, if any.

First of all, you are not staying in one place. You claimed to be a Yoruba and after I pointed out to you the threats Yoruba face, you turn to the constitution. I will suggest you own up to who or what you are.

That said, the constitution you talk about never criminalizes the agitation for self-determination. Treason is a crime against the government not self-determination. Go and check the meaning of treason very well. The constitution has made clear that no Nigerian will be tried for an offence that has not been described by the constitution or any other laws. If you claim self-determination is a crime, can you quote the law that criminalizes self-determination? The mode of agitation by the ND militants is actually a crime. So is that of Boko haram. But successive governments have always offered them amnesty with even enough cash and other sweets, even the bandits get same. If you are so concerned about the constitution, you should blatantly come out to condemn such offers.

Therefore Igboho's acts are not unlawful because he has not asked for a change of govt. What he has asked for independent state/nation. The stockpiling of arms is an allegation and same constitution presumes him guilty until proven otherwise before a competent court.

You are also making a mistake. There is no prescription in the constitution that any request by the people must go through their reps or senators. That's a fallacy. The people are the foremost constitutionally recognized entities. The constitution starts with "We the people".

Freedom of expression is what the constitution grants us. The legislature are to make laws for the governance of the country. You as a citizen can make your demands known just as was done with Endsars without having to go through a legislator. Except you also mean Endsars was illegal. At least you know no rep or senator was involved in Endsars and the government acceded to their demands.

The constitution that the president swore to uphold says the security of the people shall be the primary purpose of government. Igboho's agitation started from a failure of security. So the president has already failed to uphold the constitution and it is that failure that led to the emergence of Igboho.

El-Zakzaky is a Shiite. I expect you understand what that means or did you not hear what the court said on his matter?
Dariye case is one of corruption and transcends this administration.
Stop mixing up issues if you want an intellectual debate

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by OLULAW: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
Meanwhile, my fellow Igbos haven't really done anything to rescue Mazi Kanu. Instead, the idiotic and attention-seeking Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma of Enugu Anglican Diocese keeps running his stinking mouth. Investigations on this demented bishop shows that in his student days at Immanuel College (Anglican Seminary) in Ibadan, he cheated in an examination, and the then Dean Dr J.O. Arulefela (now late) suspended him. How such a person became ordained and made a bishop is simply unbelievable. Only in Nigeria, where the only thing that works is corruption.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Krosslife(m): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
Penguin2:

Nope. I think you missed the point. It is Igbo leaders who have forsaken Nnamdi Kanu. Nobody in Yoruba is wishing him death. Yoruba leaders and monarchs have seen the foul play in justice administration and legality in Buharis FG. The president is saving his own kinsmen, Fulani Herdsmen to kill and maim in any part of Nigeria, while he uses his dogs to pursue and harass any agitation coming from the south. To further disagree with you, it is SE govs and leaders who have deserted MNK, because they are thinking they could convince the north to give them the presidency in 2023. Southern youths from any part of Nigeria see him as an agitator and they rallied support for him during his trial. Would Igbo leaders and govs do the same for MNK the way SW leaders do for Igboho
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by dragunov: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Penguin2:

If by now you have not yet identified the enemies of Biafra agitation as not being the Yoruba, then you are a pathetic dunce.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by dragunov: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
DSoj:
These so called leaders are full of shiit.. Aligning with a useless secessionist? .

I can see tbat matters like this transcends your cognitive capacity. Now go and roll some tires or play football boy.
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by dragunov: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2021
Elzakzaky:
It is People like you who pushed Igboho into his present predicament, by singing "a o m'erin joba, ewe ku ewele" for him.
Even if he gets asylum in Benin, it is still a loss for him. You guys dont know that asylum is the younger brother of imprisonment.

Ever since the court ordered that you be released together with your wife, you have been all over nairaland yarning dust.

1 Like

Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by Elzakzaky: 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
dragunov:

Ever since the court ordered that you be released together with your wife, you have been all over nairaland yarning dust.
lol
Re: Igboho’s Asylum: Why Obasanjo, Ooni, Olubadan, Others Intervened - Afenifere by DSoj(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
dragunov:

I can see tbat matters like this transcends your cognitive capacity. Now go and roll some tires or play football boy.

You are not worth the time ass*hole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How IGP, Marwa Met, Agreed On Abba Kyari’s Arrest / Lagos State Government Reverts Public Holiday To Two Days / Gunmen Kill Businessman, Edwin Umealo, In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.