Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. (918 Views)

Please Advise Me On How To Handle This Guy Am Tired I Don't Know What He Wants . / The Girl I Am Trying To Date Is Fickle-Minded! Please Help / Why Do Old Men Love To Chase After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by Iamdbull: 1:47am On Aug 09, 2021
I try to take responsibility for everything that happens to me. On the issue of the guy am trying to evacuate I might be the problem.

I am a very TIMID person and a people pleaser someone that finds it hard to dominate people and doesn't know how to say no or hurt people's feeling. I am always trying to avoid any form of confrontation. I always feel it's normal because am shy and an introvert but I just realized this is a menace I really have to curb if I want to go far in life.

This timidity and lack of confidence to dominate people is one of the things affecting my music career, I always find it hard to be in control when I want to create a song and at the end of the day the sound engineers do what they like for me. I can't handle people not liking me am a NICE GUY. And if am not careful I won't be able to control my wife and my home.

I have decided to use this as an opportunity to change for good and Mark my territory on people. I will go back to that house and try to show him am the owner of the place and he has to play by my rules.

The problem now is all these things are sweet to say but not easy to put into action that's why I opened this thread, PLEASE HOW CAN I STOP BEING A PEOPLE PLEASER?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by Dicksonnet: 3:27am On Aug 09, 2021
Mtcheeeewww
Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 09, 2021
I think you should not relent from being a nice person. Don't worry about that but make your point by showing disapproval and/or resistance to whatever displeases you. If your music is not produced as you like it then you should give the sound engineers a hint, or maybe there's something to learn from the options presented to you, so be alert for combinations.

Not only in your musical endeavour. It's great to see you planning to make changes. Don't fall into the trap of dominating people…why not dey your lane instead? For instance, you should remind yourself that it is not a must to buy goods at the market even if the seller is holding your hand tight and smiling with you like your best friend. Just be polite. You may feel silly but you will have accomplished your aim. Again, you may decide to be known for being serious: ALWAYS BE EARLY at meetings, talk more and smile less, KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE when trying to make a point that is really important to you, keep your eyes straight while on the move, like someone with a clear path, manage what you have wisely and DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO, even if it backfires on you. In this way, you go wise…

1 Like

Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by dultraray: 5:27am On Aug 09, 2021
Get money, simple
When they help you finish it, you go wise and discover you are not the Holy Spirit that helps every man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by studentofTruth: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Iamdbull:
I try to take responsibility for everything that happens to me. On the issue of the guy am trying to evacuate I might be the problem.

I am a very TIMID person and a people pleaser someone that finds it hard to dominate people and doesn't know how to say no or hurt people's feeling. I am always trying to avoid any form of confrontation. I always feel it's normal because am shy and an introvert but I just realized this is a menace I really have to curb if I want to go far in life.

This timidity and lack of confidence to dominate people is one of the things affecting my music career, I always find it hard to be in control when I want to create a song and at the end of the day the sound engineers do what they like for me. I can't handle people not liking me am a NICE GUY. And if am not careful I won't be able to control my wife and my home.

I have decided to use this as an opportunity to change for good and Mark my territory on people. I will go back to that house and try to show him am the owner of the place and he has to play by my rules.

The problem now is all these things are sweet to say but not easy to put into action that's why I opened this thread, PLEASE HOW CAN I STOP BEING A PEOPLE PLEASER?

It's good you realized yourself. Stop trying to please anyone. Mark and defend your territory like a man! You will be respected for that. Set the rules, and if he doesn't play by the rules, throw him out immediately. He will respect you for that.

I was in a similar situation in my 4th year. The fellow started respecting me after I threw him out of my off-campus apartment, and we even became friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2021
R U B B I S H
Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by Lonestar124: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Learn how to cheat people at any slight opportunity.

Even though you don't know how to comdem some people in their face because you don't want them to feel offended, comdem them at their back and when they hear it they will be displeased about you, that is when they will see your boldness and you will see their weakness

If they eventually confront you, speak it directly to them and don't be afraid.

Learn how to complain sometimes.

Stop pleasing people Everytime learn how to disappoint them sometime that part of life....live it!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by BirtherOfKings(f): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Iamdbull:

Join NSPPD for strength, wisdom and revelation..don't do anything till u have prayed on this matter
Congratulations, u will not take the wrong step
Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by BirtherOfKings(f): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Iamdbull:

Join NSPPD for strength, wisdom and revelation..don't do anything till u have prayed on this matter
Congratulations, u will not take the wrong step. wink wink grin grin
Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by bepositive11: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lonestar124:
Learn how to cheat people at any slight opportunity.

Even though you don't know how to comdem some people in their face because you don't want them to feel offended, comdem them at their back and when they hear it they will be displeased about you, that is when they will see your boldness and you will see their weakness

If they eventually confront you, speak it directly to them and don't be afraid.

Learn how to complain sometimes.

Stop pleasing people Everytime learn how to disappoint them sometime that part of life....live it!!

OP, please ignore this. Very bad advice
Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by bepositive11: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Iamdbull:

Don't try to dominate or control people. It's good that you're a considerate person -- use it to your advantage.

Don't fall for toxic masculinity. Alpha males tend to be the weakest and most insecure hidden behind a grandiose persona

Instead, learn to be assertive. Define and assert your boundaries. I think your lack of confidence and people pleasing stems from low self esteem -- is this correct? If so, work on it

The best leaders are empathetic leaders who exude confidence and charisma. Barack Obama is a good example. He doesn't dominate people. Rather, his way of conduct commands respect
Re: On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. by Opemiposii(f): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
cheesy hahahahahahahaha....

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Real Definition Of The Word 'LOVE' / I Am Emotionally Derenched And Physical Depressed / Do These 5 Things If You Want To Keep Her Attracted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.