Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State (80382 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Gozac: 2:41am On Jul 27, 2022
wiseone28:
What do you mean by fairly good roads?

Were you expecting New york style roads in Nigeria?
Don't mind the OP, Uyo has the best road network in Southern Nigeria,I was in Uyo before the covid 19 period. It's good to always give kudos where it's needed

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by clemento(m): 3:03am On Jul 27, 2022
You forgot to add that oron has thebhigheet number ofnproducing oil wells in Nigeria. Also being a minority tribe in the state, it's being exploited by the annang/ ibibio ran government
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by clemento(m): 3:06am On Jul 27, 2022
You forgot to add that oron has the higheet number of producing oil wells in Nigeria. Also being a minority tribe in the state, it's being exploited by the annang/ ibibio ran government . The inter tribal sentiments between oro nation and the ibibio has left oro nation less developed by successive akwaibom state governments when compared to other places in the state.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Paulianfa(m): 3:23am On Jul 27, 2022
I believe this is back in the days event because of the old background I sights, hmmmm Oga! Go that same Oron or that road that leads to airport now u will not recognize it again...
Akwa Ibom do take another shape courtesy by loud mouth makeup man Gov Udom.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by ashawopikin(m): 3:48am On Jul 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Thank you and this is the end of this trend! Now in PortHarcourt to explore!

You can reach me on Instagram: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

Facebook : https://Facebook.com/cheapmarketdeal

Or email us : cheapmarketdeal@gmail.com
front page at last, op u better get a youtube channel, who be dat smooth chick?
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by saintkeppy(m): 4:53am On Jul 27, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
From plaza to the oron crafish market is how much??

1K max
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Payperboii(m): 5:13am On Jul 27, 2022
lasisi69:
Lol... How about your Shanghai consignment tongue
Was a joke my nigga

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Payperboii(m): 5:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Zulu2022:
na WeChat u catch am bro, update mr
Ogbeni go learn tailor or u learn mechanic.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Payperboii(m): 5:14am On Jul 27, 2022
Adakintroy:

Pray to who?.
Lol. Una de sha take things serious oh. Na joke I bn de joke o
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by saintkeppy(m): 5:14am On Jul 27, 2022
victorjoe:

From Oron park at Oron road to Oron is about 700.

I don't know how much from the Park at Oron to the Crayfish market.

Tell bikeman crayfish market @Beachside ckose to museum.
Its #100 still within Oron Town.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Fcwilly: 5:24am On Jul 27, 2022
Inspiration007:
Op. Why you con pack rubber bands full for wrist?

The guy na gay
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by saintkeppy(m): 5:35am On Jul 27, 2022
ahnie:
I could be your best plug if anyone based in uyo is ready to ship down.

Crayfish is hawt cake now in major asaba markets with ready buyers.

Thats my home town, If you have ready buyers come down lets do business, Igbo dealers ships crayfish massively outta Oron Beach on a weekly to the East&Northern part of Nigeria, if you come here on sundays you'll be so amazed.

They also trade other stuffs e.g like foreign rice, though illegal now between Nigeria&Cameroon via the Oron Waterway.
Infact there was a time Fearless, Black Bullet Energy drinks was high in demand in cameroon, lotta guys ca$hed out on the biz trading between the two countries during that period.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Potbellyman(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2022
This thread is 1 year late grin
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by lasisi69(f): 5:50am On Jul 27, 2022
Payperboii:

Was a joke my nigga
Lol... Okay o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by CaptainGo: 6:28am On Jul 27, 2022
Kennitrust:
It is baffling that in the face of Asaba serving as Nigeria’s first ever capital, Calabar and Lokoja are laying claims to the same historical position in Nigeria. Calabar’s claim especially is as a result of its thorough determination to boost its eco tourism profiles to attract local and international tourist lovers from around the world. But it is wrong to arrogate to itself what never occurred in history, particularly as records are there to buttress what truly transpired.
Claiming that Calabar was Nigeria’s first seat of power is non-recognition of Asaba in the colonial administration of the country. The British started the administration of Nigeria from the area called Asaba and propitiously that Asaba is still a part of the same Nigeria today. Therefore there was Calabar because there was Asaba administratively. The British cannot write the history of its first colonial headquarters in the area now called ‘Niger-Area’ (Nigeria) without Asaba. Any such history that neglects Asaba will be indistinguishable to the neglect of the colonial activities of the Royal Niger Company before Calabar.
Before Calabar, Asaba was the preferred choice of the British Royal Niger Company and Royal Niger Company was the incorporated institution of the British colonialists with which the British entered into treaties with locals and also conquered territories which they in due course annexed to the British Empire. It was on the potency of the Royal Niger Company that the British derived authority as well as imperial influence to present and support arguments on claims of territories at the Berlin conference. It was on the claim of Royal Niger Company that Great Britain’s claims were so recognized by other world leaders. In fact, the Royal Niger Company was Britain and
Britain was Royal Niger Company, since the company was its extended agent.
For proper comprehension of the discourse at hand, Sir George Goldie formed the National African Company in 1879, a mercantile company that operated in the lower valley of the River Niger in West Africa. He then persuasively encouraged other traders with similar economic aims to join him in the ownership of the company. This company then became an amalgamated British company. The company later translated to Royal Niger Company. Following the Berlin Conference of 1885 which made the partition of Africa possible, the Royal Niger Company in 1886 received a charter of incorporation authorized to engage in administration on behalf of the British.
It was the Royal Niger Company that extended the British influence in what later became Nigeria including Calabar and Lokoja, two other two claimants. The Royal Niger Company played significant role in the making of the country. For instance, it was the Royal Niger Company that signed treaties with the emirs of Sokoto and Gondo in 1885, an arrangement that effectively secured the areas of the Benue River and Lake Chad, thus blocking the advancing Germans. If Royal Niger
Company’s activities extended to far away Sokoto and Lake Chad, it is historically deceptive to conclude that Asaba never served as Nigeria’s first capital. The argument here is that Asaba was the headquarters of colonial administration of the British in Nigeria and that Asaba is still a part of Nigeria.
Royal Niger Company did not manage to subdue the Fulanis but it acquired for the British several northern emirates and forced them to recognize its suzerainty. It is historically correct to state that Asaba served Nigeria as its first capital from 1886-1900. There were a number of factors that ensured the relocation of the headquarters from Asaba to Calabar. In 1899, the Royal Niger Company became locked with territorial dispute with the French and added to this was the near perpetual complaints from the people of Brass which bothered on commercial interest but one must not fail to recall the stiffest Ekumeku resistance that the British faced in the hands of the Anioma people. The Ekumeku movement which spanned from 1898 to 1914 historically remains the longest resistance put up by any group against colonial imperialism in Nigeria and this forced the British to relocate to Calabar.
The argument in some quarters that the British never ruled Nigeria directly with Asaba as its capital but the Royal Niger Company did is no more than historical mendacity, perverted submission, and confusing argument. But if this must be accepted as factual, Calabar cannot also be said to be the capital of Nigeria but capital of Oil River Protectorate established in 1891 since the British never also ruled Nigeria directly from Calabar but with Oil Rivers Protectorate. Again, there was Oil River protectorate because there was Royal Niger Company just as administratively there was Calabar because there was Asaba.
There cannot be difference with Royal Niger Company and Oil Rivers Protectorate.
A history of Sir Goldie shows that he was a colonial administrator who worked for the British colonial interest, developing British rule on the River Niger and also responsible for bringing northern Nigeria under the British protectorate and finally part of independent
Nigeria. His company governed the area obtained by him for the British crown. It was on the strength of Royal Niger Company’s activities with Asaba as its capital that the British successfully claimed at the Berlin West Africa Conference of 1884 -1885, the areas that would later extend to Calabar. It was also the transference of the company’s charter to the imperial British government on December 31, 1899 that made possible the relocation of the nation’s capital to Calabar.
That the British colonial activities began first in Asaba but later extended to Calabar as its headquarters; that the same colonial power being Britain was involved; that the British operated with charter first with Asaba as its headquarters then Calabar; that the British concealed its interest using Royal Niger Company as a tool in Asaba, later Oil River Protectorate in Calabar and for the fact that Asaba from which the British first operated remains a part of Nigeria, Asaba remains Nigeria’s first capital.
The claim that the British never ruled Nigeria directly from Asaba therefore cannot lay claim to being the nation’s first capital is not only unsound to historians but obnoxious to true sense of judgment.
Granted that the making of Nigeria was at its decisive stage at the time the British made Asaba its capital but as it turned out, Asaba became favoured as the first ever headquarters of the British colonial administration. Asaba was the first capital of Nigeria, not Calabar or Lokoja that assumed the position in 1914.
By Emeka Esogbue
•Esogbue, is a Lagos based journalist

Be informed that the entity called Nigeria did not exist until the 1914 amalgamation.
So the first capital of Nigeria is Lagos.

That Lagos-based journalist that wrote this article ought to know this. �

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Jerewise332(m): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2022
This is actually my area
Airport road roundabout Ekpene ukim

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by phemmyfour: 6:38am On Jul 27, 2022
2021 thread....i refuse to comment
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by aieromon(m): 6:46am On Jul 27, 2022
KHENNYALEEM95:

Don't mistake akpabuyo for bakassi, I doubt if akpabuyo has similar market. Correct me if i am wrong.

You're right about the Ikang fish market in Bakassi.

I was referring to the Esuk Mba market in Akpabuyo LGA.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by jackie111(m): 6:50am On Jul 27, 2022
150/200 depends on how you negotiate. This is for two people on a bike. This while I was serving, 21/22.
victorjoe:

From Oron park at Oron road to Oron is about 700.

I don't know how much from the Park at Oron to the Crayfish market.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by everythinggirly(f): 7:05am On Jul 27, 2022
The rubber band tho. Nice experience anyway.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Zulu2022: 7:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Payperboii:

oya de hide update de go giv Chinese president
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by ViceGovernor: 7:40am On Jul 27, 2022
The girl behind you in the first picture na black pant she dey wear cheesy
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Kinzo0917(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2022
ITbomb:
I've still not seen the crayfish in the morning, fish at noon and snails at dusk cool
. OP ended up saying nothing. All he said we will see, we saw nothing. I wonder who moved this to front page
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Harrykn: 7:54am On Jul 27, 2022
Payperboii:
All this one no concern me
My Shanghai client say na today oh.
Make una help me pray abeg
Soft landing bro, 2secs everywhere go buga…

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Dest8sman: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2022
He received his clearance to proceed to Oron on saturday, 8th of August, and on Sunday the same 8th of August he began to move. And besides, we are still in July. Fellow Nigerians, behold our confusing confusion!

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Jessyrank: 8:59am On Jul 27, 2022
saintkeppy:

Thats my home town, If you have ready buyers come down lets do business, Igbo dealers ships crayfish massively outta Oron Beach on a weekly to the East&Northern part of Nigeria, if you come here on sundays you'll be so amazed.

They also trade other stuffs e.g like foreign rice, though illegal now between Nigeria&Cameroon via the Oron Waterway.
Infact there was a time Fearless, Black Bullet Energy drinks was high in demand in cameroon, lotta guys ca$hed out on the biz trading between the two countries during that period.

Please, let us talk biz. Reach me on 08064092991
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Johnnyboy6757(m): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Declaimer: This is a personal account of my own experiences in Oron Akwa Ibom State.

For previous post on my journeys across Nigeria visit our instagram page :

https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

After my interview with Nigeria info on Tuesday 2nd of August this year, I got on the next available flight ✈️ on Wednesday 3rd to Akwa Ibom from Lagos, which was an approximate journey of 50mins and it was successful.
we still de July u de talk about august. Hope all is well
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Ademoore07(m): 9:24am On Jul 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Finally we got to the junction that leads to the oro nation, if you continue on this road, it will lead you to the airport, while a turn to the right on this road will lead to Oro nation, here our journey begins .

Here is the entrance to Oro nation.

The Oro people are made of five different sub communities or groups (caution needed), amongst them are the Oron people, Okobo amongst others. And is lead by a chief.

See videos here: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal
Yea, i sabi that area. That is ibesikpo asutan LGA. I served in okobo LG from 2011 to 2012.
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Perocom(m): 10:59am On Jul 27, 2022
Payperboii:
All this one no concern me
My Shanghai client say na today oh.
Make una help me pray abeg

Client? What services do you render please?
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Anny505(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Payperboii:

Lolz....you bad mouth oo
Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by JOACHINpedro: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Op pls what's this?
Onlinefarmstore

Re: My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State by Deserea: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Their are two types of crayfish.

Watch the video here on my IG page https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

Aside from the big prawns we have the 30 painter rubber and the 25 painter rubber
What are their prices??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City / Life in Beijing As an International Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.