Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. (50010 Views)

Please Come In Car experts / Car EXPERTS!! Please Which Is The Best To Buy? / Please Help Car Experts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by frozen70(f): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin:
Hello! experts in the house good day to you all,

I want to buy my first car, And all of the cars in naija its only mercedez impresses me. is it ok to buy 1.5m c230 or i should save more and buy foreign one.? Please experts in the house should advice me cause i don't want mechanic's friendship, Lols.

Just bear in mind that any Benz you are buying at that price, is a fourth class Benz and be ready to have a mechanic as your neighbor

Save more if Benz is what you desire

Talk about 3ml above depending on the class

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by duchaB(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:
Are things so bad in Nigeria that peeps think someone buying a car of N1.5m is into fraud or yahoo?

I was going to ask if there was a Mercedes Benz of N1.5m in today's Nigeria till I saw Nigerian used.

Maybe not, prolly just envy

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by HRSweetness(f): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
SeaTrade:
Lol .
How old is your car?(probably not very old)
How much do you drive?(probably daily commute to work and back)
What kind of parts are you getting?since it might still be not very old ,definitely fake parts haven't flooded the markets yet.(mercedes durable?nah...)
Where do you live?(probably you've got paved roads and all...
Mercedes and economy have absolutely nothing in common,nothing!
Give yours time and you'll understand what I am saying,ages indeed!
Mercedes durable? undecided If you want durability buy a hilux as no luxury car can give you that,none!
Coupled with bad naija technicians that will even help the car age faster grin
We'll have this talk again soon,by that time you might have begin to understand a thing or 2 about luxury cars.I was like you some years back sadly till I saw different and changed goals.
Op better abandon that thing right now,unless you came to this world to achieve repair bills cos it's inevitable.
Coming from someone that has owned a lot of them with a wealth of experience,I'd say if I am going back(which I will) to mercedes,I don't think I will go for anything less than a brand new one or atleast very few years old(not more than 4 yrs.

I sincerely doubt that you've ever owned a Mercedes.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by mastermaestro(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
tholhusomhie:
I see. Just be prepared that the vehicle will drive you instead of you driving it. Even bicycles sell for about that price under PMB.

You are a wicked somebody! grin grin grin
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by bukatyne(f): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
duchaB:

Maybe not, prolly just envy

How would they grow if they can't even envision it?

2 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Elsueno: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin:

I want to buy my first car, And all of the cars in naija its only mercedez impresses me. is it ok to buy 1.5m c230 or i should save more and buy foreign one.? Please experts in the house should advice me cause i don't want mechanic's friendship, Lols.

Not a good idea for a first car, it's a V6, meaning more fuel, also it's parts aren't exactly cheap. if all the above ain't a problem for u, U can get it & enjoy...

BUT do not buy naija used unless u know the person selling it & happens to maintain his ride very well..... otherwise u & kazeem will be be tight friends as u go get special spot for him garage

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by duchaB(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:

How would they grow if they can't even envision it?

NNE, if you ask me who I go ask..
It happens.. people are different.

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Felomania: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Go for corrola bro...no go buy used benz oo
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by duchaB(m): 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

Lady! you aren't nice, this is what you reduced his technical and fundamental analysis to!

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by seyz91(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
cheesy
Ezemarcel:
Better go for 2006 Corolla and thank me later

Or

Buy the mecedes today and use Keke tomorrow
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by HRSweetness(f): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
duchaB:

Lady! you aren't nice, this is what you reduced his technical and fundamental analysis to!

LOL. Actually, nice is one of my weaknesses.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
You want complete advice with incomplete information?

What's the mileage of the car?, What years model is it? Does the car have a service history? These should have been added to your question.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Fortez: 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Don’t
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Skillsnigeria: 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
If the car is good, you can buy it
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by wolexy14(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Bro I try that shit wey u wan try so and I will advise you not no think am atall ,go for Corolla jeje,am begging you in the name of God ooooo....upon say I dey collect 250k,,Benz wan sink me .....pls go for Corolla ooooo. Na 500k I sell am las las

2 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by phemmyfour: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin:

Benz at that amount, I doubt if you ll be able to maintain it
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by tolguy(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
post=104607124:

Just imagine your mentality?
Your fellow citizen wanna buy a car, but you have made your mind up that he is into fraud! shocked
You are calling him a fraudster and you don't know anything about him?
And you will turn around blaming other people for the misery around you.
So in your mind , a youth cannot make it in a legit way to buy a car of around $3000 without going into fraud?And you will end up condemning SARS for doing the same thing. Shouting End SARS everywhere just last year!
Shouting End Sars cause they keep disturbing Naija youths dressing well and riding good cars, not knowing that all of us aren't thieves, scammers or fraudsters!
FYI, we still have honest and hardworking Nigerians around.
And you are here calling someone you don't know jack about a yahoo boy!
May God forgive you!
Well, The earlier you change your mentality, the better for you.

It's all in their mentality.
It's just so sad to read!

OP,
Take this advice below,
But we know at the end of the day,
You will follow your heart,

We Rise.
dont mind them negative mind is a serious disease, i knw many guys who became millionaires in farming tomatoes, and onions only, one guy i know he collected a loan of 500k for dry season onion farming he earned over 5million naira from the farm

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by duchaB(m): 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

LOL. Actually, nice is one of my weaknesses.

And what's the difference between being nice and sweetness.. if I were to go by your moniker..
Lol..I am sure you broke his heart with that mention of yours..
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Miyachi: 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:

NL peeps can be very funny sha grin

grin If it's sounds too good to be true, it most definitely is.

I don't know what else he's expecting.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by adedamola777: 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Mods should move it to the Jokes section. � 'm Just joking pls.

Barbsamiin:

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by linearity: 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Mercedes Benz for N1.5? Less that $2,500..,,even for a c230 model, you sure say the motor balance?

Bros go for Toyota or one of the popular models…maintenance is the key, buy motor wey local mechanic know how to fix and the one wey they call spare parts money give you, you no go run abandon motor for mechanic shop because the spare money reach to buy another motor or if you add small on top of repair money you go hammer correct motor.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by grandstar(m): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin
Pls, I beg you;don't go for Mercedes at this stage. 1.5m Mercedes will give you wahala

Any car that you choose to buy should be easily within your budget. It must not be one that you will not only cry to buy, but also cry to maintain.

Dont buy a car to impress people. It's the biggest mistake many make. Buy assets that will appreciate in value such as stocks and land. Your car is a liability and decreases in value.

I would suggest you use half the money to buy a car and invest the balance. If you live your life like this, in 10years time, you would have a small fortune

Stop trying to look rich. It makes many broke

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Barbsamiin: 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
grandstar:
Barbsamiin
Pls, I beg you;don't go for Mercedes at this stage. 1.5m Mercedes will give you wahala

Any car that you choose to buy should be easily within your budget. It must not be one that you will not only cry to buy, but also cry to maintain.

Dont buy a car to impress people. It's the biggest mistake many make. Buy assets that will appreciate in value such as stocks and land. Your car is a liability and decreases in value.

I would suggest you use half the money to buy a car and invest the balance. If you live your life like this, in 10years time, you would have a small fortune

Can you recommend a stocks for me and i'll go and research if its worth investing in?

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by SeaTrade(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

May 2014 was the day I bought my first C class.
2018 I got my E220 CDI 2008 model.
And later same year I got a C300.
I'm sure you were still in school when most of these happened, kindly take a backseat and learn from real experience,not fantasy or fan boyhood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by pocohantas(f): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
grandstar:
Barbsamiin

I would suggest you use half the money to buy a car and invest the balance. If you live your life like this, in 10years time, you would have a small fortune.

He should use half of 1.5m to buy a car?

As in, he should use N750,000 to buy a car? Nawa for Nairaland financial advisors o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by samwillyco1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:

NL peeps can be very funny sha grin

No be lie oooo, atimes I come online just to read funny comments and laugh
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Indispensable85(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Buy a corolla for a start.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by sharpwriter(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kbanka:
The most expensive car is a cheap luxury car, OP. If you don't want mechanic friendship, buy a Toyota.
Your true explanation simply means Toyota are better car/engine maker than overrated German machines. I don't know if you agree, but that's my submission and what I have been preaching.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Uselessmanna: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
post=104607124:

Just imagine your mentality?
Your fellow citizen wanna buy a car, but you have made your mind up that he is into fraud! shocked
You are calling him a fraudster and you don't know anything about him?
And you will turn around blaming other people for the misery around you.
So in your mind , a youth cannot make it in a legit way to buy a car of around $3000 without going into fraud?And you will end up condemning SARS for doing the same thing. Shouting End SARS everywhere just last year!
Shouting End Sars cause they keep disturbing Naija youths dressing well and riding good cars, not knowing that all of us aren't thieves, scammers or fraudsters!
FYI, we still have honest and hardworking Nigerians around.
And you are here calling someone you don't know jack about a yahoo boy!
May God forgive you!
Well, The earlier you change your mentality, the better for you.

It's all in their mentality.
It's just so sad to read!

OP,
Take this advice below,
But we know at the end of the day,
You will follow your heart,

We Rise.

Always typing like a lunatic. Shame on your drunk of a father and your useless mother

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Skullano(m): 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2021
Bros, save up and buy direct Toyota Corolla or Matrix if you want peace of mind..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is Mini Bus Suzuki And Location Of Purchase? / New Peugeot Pick-up Truck To Replace 404 And 504 Pick-up (photos) / The 2017 Toyota C-HR Nigerians Will Definitely Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.