Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. (49999 Views)

Please Come In Car experts / Car EXPERTS!! Please Which Is The Best To Buy? / Please Help Car Experts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by OdogwuAnambra: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
He is not telling you that he wants to pick and drop passangers

He also isnt telling you that he doesnt want to have a heart attack because of theieves chasing Corrola arounf

He isnt doing kabukabu either

Ezemarcel:
Better go for 2006 Corolla and thank me later

Or

Buy the mecedes today and use Keke tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by airsaylongcome: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
post=104607124:

Just imagine your mentality?
Your fellow citizen wanna buy a car, but you have made your mind up that he is into fraud! shocked
You are calling him a fraudster and you don't know anything about him?
And you will turn around blaming other people for the misery around you.
So in your mind , a youth cannot make it in a legit way to buy a car of around $3000 without going into fraud?And you will end up condemning SARS for doing the same thing. Shouting End SARS everywhere just last year!
Shouting End Sars cause they keep disturbing Naija youths dressing well and riding good cars, not knowing that all of us aren't thieves, scammers or fraudsters!
FYI, we still have honest and hardworking Nigerians around.
And you are here calling someone you don't know jack about a yahoo boy!
May God forgive you!
Well, The earlier you change your mentality, the better for you.

It's all in their mentality.
It's just so sad to read!

OP,
Take this advice below,
But we know at the end of the day,
You will follow your heart,

We Rise.

Sadly, I have to like another of your comments for the truths in it even though I don't necessarily agree with a lot of your other opinions and biases. I hope you don't go on to quote this multiple times like you have done in the past with one of my comments on your posts.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Chilpg(m): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
Benz is not for a starter
Go for Toyota corolla (2003 to 2006) and enjoy your life
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Leetika: 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
chronique:

I can give you a good Reg 2007 Toyota corolla le for 1.9m

U must be kidding 1.9 lol .. 2007 is,1.5 last.. I go pick 2009, 1.8 and it was very clean very very engine good too
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by HRSweetness(f): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
SeaTrade:
May 2014 was the day I bought my first C class.
2018 I got my E220 CDI 2008 model.
And later same year I got a C300.
I'm sure you were still in school when most of these happened, kindly take a backseat and learn from real experience,not fantasy or fan boyhood.

LOL. You're very small minded and definitely intellectually fatigued.

Your assumptions and decision to resort to throwing tantrums is proof of your juvenility and obviously non existent experience.

Not that it matters, but I obtained my first degree (a B. SC) in the year 2005.

4 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Semaj77(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
bigdot1759:
Haha
Funny
Are u a commedian, u don't want mechanics friendship & u want to buy naija used car, beta add more & buy foreign used corola

1.5m won't get him a foreign used Corolla
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Oloristarr(f): 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

LOL. You're very small minded and definitely intellectually fatigued.

Your assumptions and decision to resort to throwing tantrums is proof of your juvenility and obviously non existent experience.

Not that it matters, but I obtained my first degree (a B. SC) in the year 2005.

Oya make una clap for una selves all this years u ppl r mentioning and yet both of your names no de for influential people of the year for your country or village sef both of una dumb die
The cars the guy de mention na low budget Ben…ur degree since 2005 and u never reach point of minister or commissioner or even local government chairwoman or man
Getat

4 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by kriss27(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

Please save more and buy clean title foreign used. I currently use a Benz, have driven this ride for 3 years and have never regretted my choice. Please note, everything is still on point. People who say a Mercedes is a luxurious ride obviously don't own one. The brand offers durability and optimally maximizes fuel usage.

Before you'd replace any part, it would take ages. Just make sure you get one in excellent condition. Totally worth the save and purchase.
What model of Benz do you use if I may ask? And did you get it as tokunbo or brand new?
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by dheaven: 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

I sincerely doubt that you've ever owned a Mercedes.
He is just bragging. He has never used a benz before... He is talking off point.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Rickylambert: 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ubanz:
1.5 m is too expensive for Naija used c230 2004/2006.
It can fetch u Belgium if you search well otherwise go for Toyota.
The Belgium is 2m+
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by RMoneyInTheBank: 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin:
Hello! experts in the house good day to you all,

I want to buy my first car, And all of the cars in naija its only mercedez impresses me. is it ok to buy 1.5m c230 or i should save more and buy foreign one.? Please experts in the house should advice me cause i don't want mechanic's friendship, Lols.
run.....don't buy that problem... Your 1.5m will only buy you a Benz with many hidden problems... Buy Corolla and thank me later
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by chronique(m): 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Leetika:

U must be kidding 1.9 lol .. 2007 is,1.5 last.. I go pick 2009, 1.8 and it was very clean very very engine good too

The 2009 does not have a good resale value as the 03-07. Check around and find out how much a first body Nigerian used corolla from 03-07 cost. The one that is all round neat and sharp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by tonyashburton: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Add ₦1m and buy a 2008-2012 Toyota Corolla.
Low fuel consumption,ultra-reliable and it has a better resale value than the Benz.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by HRSweetness(f): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
kriss27:
What model of Benz do you use if I may ask? And did you get it as tokunbo or brand new?

I currently use the 2014 GLA 250. Never had any issues and doesn't make me cry over my fuel budget.

I got it in 2017, foreign used.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by HRSweetness(f): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
dheaven:
He is just bragging. He has never used a benz before... He is talking off point.

LOL. It's obvious to all but himself.

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by SeaTrade(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
HRSweetness:

I currently use the 2014 GLA 250. Never had any issues and doesn't make me cry over my fuel budget.

I got it in 2017, foreign used.
Did I not say it?
Your car is still very new,we would have this talk about durability and reliability again soon,maybe in a few years,so you can gloat about how durable it is by then grin
Mercedes durable? undecided
Well,I'm sure you will ditch it before then and I strongly advise you do,before repair bills wound you.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Dizzytee: 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ezemarcel:

Or

You know about cars! This is the best advice so far
Budget 1.5 for naija use

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by grandstar(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
pocohantas:

He should use half of 1.5m to buy a car?

As in, he should use N750,000 to buy a car? Nawa for Nairaland financial advisors o.

You do have point. Trust me, you can buy cars for that low.

You'd be surprised, he can find a sound car for that price. The real problem here isn't the price of the car but the ego behind the purchase.

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Mftivi: 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ezemarcel:

Or

. Listen to this, when you no get enough money buy normal car
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by ndidibabe(f): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
Dizzytee:

You know about cars! This is the best advice so far
Budget 1.5 for naija use
1.5 will get naija used muscle. I sold one not quite long..
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by nevplus(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
Elsueno:

Not a good idea for a first car, it's a V6, meaning more fuel, also it's parts aren't exactly cheap. if all the above ain't a problem for u, U can get it & enjoy...

BUT do not buy naija used unless u know the person selling it & happens to maintain his ride very well..... otherwise u & kazeem will be be tight friends as u go get special spot for him garage
C230 is not v6, is an i4
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Investorbj: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin:

I want to buy my first car, And all of the cars in naija its only mercedez impresses me. is it ok to buy 1.5m c230 or i should save more and buy foreign one.? Please experts in the house should advice me cause i don't want mechanic's friendship, Lols.
go to cars45.com and pick a car according to ur budget after you must have checked the inspection reports. Those guys dey try for their inspection so you are guaranteed of the kind of Nigerian used car you are buying.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Mcdreamy15: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
dheaven:
you obviously don't know the person behind that moniker... His previous moniker was *logobenz* grin the guy na Mercedes freak
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Muzikluva(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ezemarcel:

Or

Corolla 04-06, Honda Civic 06-08 or Hyundai Elantra/Sonata. They are all fuel economical.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Poleski: 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2021
Barbsamiin:

Buy a car in Nigeria at your own risk. They replace a lot of parts with old stuff and sell the stolen parts as either new or belgium. In some cases, the car will look clean outward but with bad engine health.

Unless you know and trust the car seller then you can go ahead to buy from the person. Or if you know someone in U.S. or Germany you trust, better!

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Barbsamiin: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
Poleski:

Buy a car in Nigeria at your own risk. They replace a lot of parts with old stuff and sell the stolen parts as either new or belgium. In some cases, the car will look clean outward but with bad engine health.

Unless you know and trust the car seller then you can go ahead to buy from the person. Or better if you know someone in U.S. or Germany you trust, better.
Thanks bro.

Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
Why are you asking? Go and buy your car.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by waaclef(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Benz c230 especially the last batch is very strong and economical to a point. But I will advice you go for the foreign used. Ensure the Air-conditioning system is in very good condition.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Save and add money buy decent toks because bros if you go buy 1.5 Benz naija used you go spend 2.5 to put am in order. Talking from genuine experience.
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by Styluss: 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
post=104607124:

Just imagine your mentality?
Your fellow citizen wanna buy a car, but you have made your mind up that he is into fraud! shocked
You are calling him a fraudster and you don't know anything about him?
And you will turn around blaming other people for the misery around you.
So in your mind , a youth cannot make it in a legit way to buy a car of around $3000 without going into fraud?And you will end up condemning SARS for doing the same thing. Shouting End SARS everywhere just last year!
Shouting End Sars cause they keep disturbing Naija youths dressing well and riding good cars, not knowing that all of us aren't thieves, scammers or fraudsters!
FYI, we still have honest and hardworking Nigerians around.
And you are here calling someone you don't know jack about a yahoo boy!
May God forgive you!
Well, The earlier you change your mentality, the better for you.

It's all in their mentality.
It's just so sad to read!

OP,
Take this advice below,
But we know at the end of the day,
You will follow your heart,

We Rise.
first time I'll be liking ur post...
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by TBolaitan(m): 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
My brother you have reason well, I will advise you to think of something that will appreciate 10x of the capital the investment is called real estate
I am going to guide you and give you a strategic location so the money out of it you can buy the best cars
So call me now 09025462416
WhatsApp: 08127588834
You will thank me later
Re: Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. by sparko1(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
dudusky007:
fool!!! for ur mind you don make point undecidedcan't waste time to reply church rat like you. No matured human will come in here and write this shit the op did...except unreasonable kids like you

Yeah maybe you should stick to yahoo, so it's immature to ask for advice, such hubris!

Take your drugs, I don't have time for your likes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Peugeot Pick-up Truck To Replace 404 And 504 Pick-up (photos) / The 2017 Toyota C-HR Nigerians Will Definitely Love. / 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.